Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 3, 2023 7:28 AM
Aug 2022
So our Aqua-kun is a loner wolf in highschool also, suits him😂.
Ruby's desperate face to become idol is very Kawaiiii.
I wonder if kana-chan will join ichigo Production 🧐
Ricky16May 3, 2023 9:03 AM
May 3, 2023 7:29 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, I just love the psychology of this episode as well as the more narrative focus from Aqua's character.

I think while this anime has its strange elements, it sticks to its roots of entertainment industry by
evaluating the performances of the actors. It'll also be interesting to see how Aqua can really make a
difference from his talent.

We also got some lighthearted school moments which I find to be quite amusing.
May 3, 2023 7:30 AM

May 2020
Dude’s meta charismatic, though not only that he is multi-talented too. From brains to looks.. the author didn’t leave a single trait when he was drawing this super-human. 

Though for his deeds today, as we knew he was portraying the role of a stalker who barely had any lines and screen time, somehow they convinced us he managed to slay even that tiny part, to the point where an adaptation which already hit rock bottom with the ratings some long time ago, wasn’t only well received by the fans all of a sudden but even got the appreciation from that overworked managka, whose work this adaptation was based on. Miraculous indeed.

And hey how can the main heroine Kana won’t fall for him after that, provided she didn’t already a decade ago.

Now high school life started, and well Ruby has already started making friends unlike the lone wolf brother she has, but hey since she doesn’t appear on tv’s or the covers of the magazine like her peers, seems like she doesn’t really have an image yet lol. Though it’ll do now that they’re serious about restarting this whole idol thing again, Ichigo Production that is. Also that dating show thing is just around the corner now.
May 3, 2023 7:32 AM

Jul 2021
Was a good episode, the acting's pretty much satisfied the author's expectation and my god Kana is the cutest, I kinda forgot stuff about Ruby's POV in this series because she's probably my least favorite character when reading the manga so the anime kinda makes me appreciate her little by little. I as well forgot Frill had this kind of green color on her eyes...

CQLLISTMay 3, 2023 7:20 PM
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

May 3, 2023 7:36 AM

Nov 2010
  • This episode seems like "Glass no Kamen".
  • The best part was the author of the comics shed tears while she was watching the net drama.

May 3, 2023 7:41 AM

Jan 2021
Another great episode, as usual.

What a great performance! The scene turned out pretty well because of Aqua. Aqua used everything, he's playing with Melt's mood to just make the scene more hyped like it was from the manga because that scene from the manga is famous and really important. And Kana is the cherry on top of that scene, Kana's crying gives it all! Kana just fell in love.
That episode of "Sweet Today" live action was praised very well, even the author thanks the actors.
Here goes Aqua's career as an actor. He's going to show up on a reality dating show next. Oh boi, I can't wait for my best girl, Akane, to show up.
Masaya Kaburagi is obviously not their biological father, it's too early, it would be so anti-climatic if they revealed it already. So the revenge plot continues, this is just the beginning.
There are certainly many attractive men and women in this performing arts program.
I really want to have episodes centered around Ruby. I just like her energy.
They're making an idol group now. Here goes Ruby's dream.
It seems like Aqua wants Kana to join with Ruby to form a group and become an idol.
Aqua: ...And she has a cute face.
Hehehe sure dude.

Thanks for the meal.
YuyuichiMay 3, 2023 8:47 AM
May 3, 2023 8:05 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Kana is growing on me after the first impression. Aqua is unsurprisingly great in his role since he has to be lying all the time anyway.
I love how the seeiyu’s of the pretty boys are doing those doofy bad actor impressions. Ironically that’s good acting

Edit: Oh and I forgot. In an anime full of gorgeous character designs they come in with Shiranui and blow them all away. That’s some achievement
FarabeufMay 3, 2023 8:25 AM
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 3, 2023 8:13 AM

Oct 2017
Aqua's performance was incredible. It's great that he was able to make the final episode a lot better. Kana's scene was beautiful. She's fallen in love.

A lot of new characters shown in the school. Minami and Frill are both so pretty. Minami's really stacked too. Also Kana gonna join in Ruby's idol group it seems.
MegamiRemMay 9, 2023 1:41 PM
May 3, 2023 8:13 AM
Feb 2021
Aqua Supremacy >ᴗ<
May 3, 2023 8:22 AM
Jan 2023
another W episode as always
May 3, 2023 8:25 AM
Aug 2020
Aqua is such a greatt actor...
May 3, 2023 8:29 AM

Nov 2016

This also applies to the #1 spot of this anime. Timing couldn't have been better lol

Then there's the part about adapting a source that's finished which reminded me of Promised Neverland S2. No one cared about it anymore and they just wanted to get over with it.

Aqua manipulated the shot in OP MC fashion. Wasn't enough to save the show, but they got recognotion from people with a discerning eye.

I already like Frill since she gives me strong kuudere vibes.
FMmatronMay 3, 2023 10:38 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 3, 2023 8:29 AM

Jul 2017
Kana's introspective episode of her upbringing as an up-and-coming child actor that by her high school days, has already been all but washed out of her talent. With the TV drama, her value of acting has been made all but sloppy since the director and the team didn't care for the original source material, which is where Aqua steps in as the stalker extra to deliver a performance exact to his deceased mother Ai, hoping that Kana will deliver as per what she has always wanted to perform to her very best. And this is the starting point that'll previl on Kana being as she is towards Aqua.

While the original mangaka and her artists are doubtful that the TV drama series has turned into a dumpster fire that no one cares, it's the filming of the final episode that shines a ray of hope for those soldiering on, though the discussion never went anywhere other than it being a masterpiece when compared to the rest before it. With the better-than-expected reception, the producer is scouted out from Aqua's point of view that's related to his mother, though his scoop that Ai was meeting somebody is enough to intrigue him, in exchange for turning the "wannabe" Ai in Aqua into an idol star.

The reflection back to Episode 1's ending towards Youtou High's entrance ceremony, and the twin siblings find themselves swarmed with entertainers, with Kana as their Senpai giving them a welcome rundown. Ruby's first classmate friend of gravure model Minami Kotobuki, and she's what I expected being a socialite, compared to Aqua. There is one standout girl though: the famous TV model Frill Shiranui, and while she's like the equivalent of the school idol, she recognizes Aqua due to the "Sweet Today" TV drama and Minami from her magazine covers. Too bad that Ruby didn't get noticed, and the desperation on her face says she wants to pursue fame quick and easy...though Ruby's recommendation of the freelance Kana into the idol group...will she ever be a good fit?

Moving fast, and not breaking down.
May 3, 2023 8:36 AM

Feb 2019
OSHI NO GOAT WEDNESDAYS LETS GOOO.

Aqua’s performance of the stalker role was phenomenal, literally saved the show since the male lead was so bad.

As a kana stan, I loved her backstory and moments today as well. I love the job her seiyuu is doing. Really does an amazing job of capturing her personality and bringing her to life!

The anime has done a really good job of bringing Ruby to life as well. I kinda skimmed thru a lot of her dialogue in the early part of the manga just because it wasn’t as interesting as Aqua and kana, but the anime does a good job of making you care about her. Gotta be hard being the only one in class that’s not currently in showbiz.

Great job DG as always
Marinate1016May 3, 2023 8:40 AM
May 3, 2023 8:38 AM

Mar 2021
Aqua is such an amazing Actor his performance was incredible am really starting to like Kana more and really looking forward to seeing more of her this series
May 3, 2023 8:39 AM

Mar 2015
Honestly love how meta the scene of Kana falling in love with Aqua is. The subtle difference of Aqua's eye changing color back to white from the black it had been the entire scene upon seeing Kana crying is also perfect symbolism.

Genuinely also love the scene of Aqua calling Melt ugly to get him fired up. I feel like Aqua is almost underrated in this series compared to how popular some of the girls are but he's seriously one of my favorite characters.

Also obligatory KANA IS THE CUTEST
May 3, 2023 8:40 AM
Sep 2021
The general feeling that I got from this episode was good, enjoyed the character interactions and their personalities shown this episode.
May 3, 2023 8:43 AM

Feb 2021
KANA JOINING STRAWBERRY PRODUCTIONS LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! And she's undoubtedly in love with Aqua now. I love her so much
I've been extremely hyped for Aqua's performance ever since last week and it did not disappoint.
And hey, I've seen Frill Shiranui meantioned in the latest manga by Aka Akasaka! (1 chapter out currently) The Akaverse keeps expanding
EmbientMay 3, 2023 8:48 AM
May 3, 2023 8:45 AM

May 2018
That performance was great and Kana-chan was just sooo cute UwU

god I can't wait for next episode!!

This is best girl right here!!

[font="\"Proxima Nova Regular\", \"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][/font]
May 3, 2023 8:47 AM
Dec 2021
great episode. negative binomial.
May 3, 2023 8:48 AM

Oct 2016
for all the good the series is, Frill has to be the most stupid name ever
even if its an stage name, holyshit its bad
May 3, 2023 8:49 AM

Jul 2016
Aqua going full Light Yagami on crafting the perfect scene that he's acting in needs to happen more often. If he could manage to make an actor out of that model guy, anything is possible lol

A reality dating show? It'll be fun to see what goes on behind the scenes of those, not to mention from Aqua's POV.
May 3, 2023 8:50 AM

Nov 2018
I sit down on my chair, play the episode, and it's over in a minute.

I. CANNOT. KEEP. LIVING. LIKE. THIS.

NEED MORE. Amazing episode, and one of my favourite arcs is starting next episode.

SEIBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

May 3, 2023 8:55 AM
Oct 2021
wow what a great episode. I can see Aqua's scary acting, and how she controls the shot including actors, puddles, etc to make a good shot. I also feel that I can empathize with Kana in this episode, good job.
May 3, 2023 8:56 AM
Sep 2016
Ricky16 said:
So our Aqua-kun is a loner wolf in highschool also, suits him😂.
Ruby's desperate face to become idol is very Kawaiiii.

Just saying this since previous threads were closed took photos of the reviews at 9.11 and literally only a little over 20 1 star reviews were mad when it dropped to 9.08…. Yet everyone claims the fmab people review bombed it….. be real.
May 3, 2023 8:58 AM

Jan 2018
Aqua killed his role as a stalker. If I were him I'd feel disgusted to be in that role.

The best part was definitely Kana's scene. The genius child actress who can cry in 10 seconds flat is back in action!

I wonder if Kana will join the Strawberry Agency. That'd be great.

I like Minami and her faux-Kansai dialect lol.
May 3, 2023 8:59 AM
Oct 2022
good one a long way to go
May 3, 2023 8:59 AM

Nov 2020
I knew Aquamarine will be great actor, this is his episode overall 
What Does Pot of Greed do?
May 3, 2023 9:01 AM
Nov 2021
ruby momento "keep it up"
May 3, 2023 9:02 AM
Nov 2021
Man that rage bite was so good, Aqua is real deal! This scene was soo good! I want more!!!
May 3, 2023 9:03 AM

Mar 2020
First half of the episode was phenomenal, and I loved both Aqua and Kana’s performances, which saved the adaptation of “Sweet Today”. Had chills watching Aqua act, and Kana’s skill of crying on command. Brilliant direction and animation to be seen there. Glad the mangaka of “Sweet Today” ended up happy. Second half was more comedy with the school setting, and it wasn’t anything particularly special, but it’s a nice build up to the eventual punchline of Kana potentially joining Strawberry Productions as yet another brutal cliffhanger.

No real complaints yet from me on this show, it remains as one of my favourites of the season without any doubt.
May 3, 2023 9:09 AM
May 2021
Amazing ep!! Rubyy is so kawaiii!!
May 3, 2023 9:15 AM
Jan 2023
As a mangareader I literally forgot Frill & Minami had green and pink eyes
May 3, 2023 9:18 AM

Mar 2010
So many smol moments that really made this a master class of a episode. And hawt damn so many great waifus i'm drooling.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 3, 2023 9:18 AM

Jul 2012
I hope Aqua continues acting. He seems to have an eye for breaking the scene down technically and understanding a story's overall vision. Hmm, I wonder if Kana was thinking about Aqua during her final scene.
May 3, 2023 9:19 AM
Sep 2017
Aqua change everything

Mar 2019
The OP is a bop and the rest of this show is great. Why can't every episode be an hour long :/
May 2023
omaga cool ap abiz kalau aja ai idup tiba tiba gitu kan hiyaaaa
plis langsung dapat s2 donk
May 3, 2023 9:20 AM

Oct 2018
This episode was really good, kana really wanted to bring out his full potential but the handsome bad actor ruined it. Aqua is really good, using environmental factors and taking advantage of the other young man to make this scene better than it is to make Kana reveal her full potential. People really liked that scene, and this anime is very detailed in saying that only people who are passionate about the movie will watch it, plus.
When it came to the scene where Ruby and Aqua were about to go to school, I felt that Dejavu.... this school is really unusual, full of famous people in the young entertainment industry. And Aqua directly talked to the most famous person there, indeed Chad Aqua. And it's a shame that Ruby hasn't been recognized when she really works hard.
what a good episode, I enjoyed it from start to finish
May 3, 2023 9:24 AM

Oct 2010
Aqua saving the princess is not fun…

Aqua going all out to steal both main role and heroine with Joker-level madman acting would be so much better. And then saying 'Do not underestimate actors!' to that producer. And producer can not re-film due to budget. And Kana gets fired but finally free from crap.

It is what happened. Kind of. But author version is lukewarm at best. Not a bang but plop. No conflict, no darkness — naive and honest like kids morning show.
May 3, 2023 9:27 AM
May 2021
aqua's acting in that scene was really good. and it seems he might get a chance to find out who his dad is. i wonder if he'll take the gig he was offered. although it's very suspicious that the guy pointed out that aqua looks like ai. seems like he knows more than he's letting on.

kana maybe joining their agency? that'll be exciting. i enjoy her character a lot more now, so i hope to see more of her.

frill recognizing both kana and aqua was neat. i hope we get more information on her as well. id like her to become a returning character. it seems like, although she may not have much social skills, she's nice.

overall another great episode. absolutely loving this show. for sure a favorite of the season
My 2023 candies:
Apr 2023
I need a single word and that is 'Masterpiece'
Feb 2021
Este episodio estuvo muy bueno.
May 3, 2023 9:29 AM
Jan 2022
that scene had destroyed me again
May 3, 2023 9:32 AM

Oct 2014
Yep. All the hype from the last EP did not disappoint.
Hope they keep ramping up the intensity of such scenes.

On another note, Ruby’s new “environment” seems pretty scary. In that kind of place, there’d be no shortage of people with inflated ego. Luckily her first meeting are with decent people, or atleast on the surface. I won’t be surprised if Ruby’s character development would surpass that of his brother. The show made it seem like it’s a “neutral ground” but make no mistake, that still is as hostile as it is in a real “battlefield”.
May 3, 2023 9:37 AM

Jun 2019
Aqua and Kana carried the final episode and I was glad that the show finally got good reviews after that episode. Also, the author was so happy. That made me so happy for her. They're finally going to the school and there are so many amazing people at the school. Can't wait to see more of their shenanigans.
May 3, 2023 9:46 AM

Dec 2020
Aqua acting was so nice of course but kana arima now mu fav girl has need to cry in the last scene was also very good.

Ruby and Aqua are going to high school first day.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

May 3, 2023 9:50 AM

Jul 2021
i had great expectations and hope for aqua's performance and his acting blew them all away. i was giggling/laughing at just how freaking good his acting felt. he was giving off that big-brained chad vibe and i really loved seeing it. and welp kana obviously has falled for him hehe, no surprise there. and seems like she's gonna be more involved with them, that's nice.

5/5.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

May 3, 2023 9:51 AM
Apr 2023
Another amazing episode! Can't wait for the next one!
May 3, 2023 9:54 AM
Apr 2022
What an incredible episode! And now we enter arguably the best arc in the series and the introduction to our final main cast lineup
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2023

398 by gannoncannon55 »»
Today, 12:18 AM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 24, 2023

803 by gannoncannon55 »»
Today, 12:00 AM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ricky16 - May 17, 2023

872 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 11:13 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MadanielFL - May 12, 2023

260 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 10:49 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2023

469 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 10:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.