Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
May 4, 2:52 AM
Apr 2023
The apothecary diairies is an anime I reaaaly enjoyes. a strong female lead and Jinshi is just hilarious. I also love a murder mystery or something like a detective so I really enjoyed this. I can't wait for season 2
May 6, 10:14 AM
Jun 2016
Finally Finished watching Kusuriya no Horigoto. I'm excited for season 2
May 7, 1:50 AM
Aug 2023
The granny is still trying to prevent Lakan from going to Fenxiang and buying her, WTF?! And then she still overcharges him like crazy, like holy fuck!

Meimei being the only one nice to Lakan all this time because she saw everything since the beginning pretty much clears Lakan of any wrongdoing. She even collapses when Lakan finally meets up with Fenxiang, and Meimei said something like "big sister if you only had told him", and combined with what Maomao says about a courtesan being able to do an abortion if they wanted to, and also knowing how to use their cycles to predict when their most fertile to get pregnant, pretty much proves Lakan was totally innocent and in the dark as to what was going on. What more, Lakan was loyal enough he was going to choose to buy Meimei since she was Fenxiang's servant, and always decent to him.

Oh man, after how much wrongdoing that was done on to Lakan, even Maomao was looking really bad for her treatment of him. Apparently the whole reason she dislikes him so intensely is because he approached her weirdly saying he was her daddy, and that she's jealous her father (his uncle) kept praising Lakan talents without reservations? I couldn't believe it, even Maomao was looking pretty horrible here.

Fuck man, I can only hope granny gets some karma payback in S2, and that Maomao starts changing her tune with Lakan.
May 7, 11:25 AM
Oct 2023
Wrapped things up as it needed to, and set the stage for the next season!
May 9, 2:46 PM
Nov 2023
i give this anime rating on 9/10 because Visual,Plot and character development is good.
May 11, 1:37 PM
Oct 2020
I love how the story unfolds, that the weirdo oldman itsn't just a douchebag, heroine's mother it's a masterpiece for me
May 12, 1:23 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Reply to avengernin
Lakan and Fenxiang made me cry! Meimei was a real one for opening the doors. Maomao's dance was animated beautifully!

PS: I can't wait for season 2 for the ox bezoar and the
!
avengernin said:
Lakan and Fenxiang made me cry! Meimei was a real one for opening the doors.

I was not expecting the plot to go there for the final episodes, they teased Lakan so much, made it seem like you would hate him, and then ep23 reveal puts things in a big perspective.

This last arc was easily the highlight of the show, and we got Maomao past in detail much earlier than I would expect, it makes sense why she so emotionless to most people, and in this case even to her mother, though she has strong emotions for her dad.
Hopefully this means he might still have a chance in the future, but seeing her mother getting some life back (before she dies like Maomao says she will), and Lakan trying to redeem itself...

If anything, one thing I dislike is that the mother was alive all this time, and the old granny was soo stubborn! Lots of drama could have been avoided IF Lakan knew and got to spent time with Fenxiang sooner, it is bittersweet, but also sour that Maomao reacts to it so distantly.
In a sense, it was her mother that caused all of this...

I dont take the show seriously for romance, Jinshi will have an hard time, it will take a long time to get anything really meaningful.
Most likely what first attracts people to the show and has them staying is Maomao erratic behavior, but with time the other characters also develop and you want to see more of what will happen, this is only the start, having adapted 2 volumes of the LN, in 24 episodes.

And they do this because the LN is one those rare few with tons of chapters, being fast-paced with tons of plot progression per volume itself, having already started the LN prior to finish this, it is clear this adaptation is of the highest order, and not only doesnt skip any meaningful content, but also adds to the source (which is not very descriptive by nature).

Lack of romance aside, and EXCITING plot, there is not much to point, if anything OP1 was TOP QUALITY amazing best OP when the anime aired, and then OP2 not being bad, was not as impactful, but it also had a different mood to it. OST had some noticeable tracks, being Kevin I m expecting that they were well blended to the point I will check the OST and realize there is tons of quality tracks included actually.

Season 2 it is.

9.1/10 = 9
It is an high score for an anime that only feels that is now starting, but this also undoubtly one of the better character driving series from recent years IMO.

Marinate1016 said:
I really don’t think people appreciated how generational that run is.

It was quite clear that when Fall 2023 started, and the first few episodes of Hitorigoto aired, that will would be eating GOOD, only people that didnt watch both shows would be blind to it.
More importantly, both Frieren, this and BokuYabba S2 finished on the same season, to me that is more noticeable, to get so many good shows ending back to back.
PlaycoolMay 12, 1:26 PM
May 14, 11:34 PM
Jan 2023
really interesting
May 23, 6:08 AM
Feb 2021
i want the 2nd now. beatiful
May 24, 9:08 PM

Oct 2008
Great show. The part with Lakan was very touching. Was kind of annoyed at how he was made to look like a bad guy throughout the earlier episodes.

Looking forward to second season.
May 25, 12:34 PM
Jul 2020
Beautiful ending. looking forward season 2!
May 29, 9:51 AM
Mar 2021
BEST ANIME EVER MADE
May 30, 12:26 AM
Feb 2014
I really liked the anime but contrivences of Lakan story and forced drama took out much of my enjoyment. The switch and bait feels so cheap. The fact that Lakan isn't informed for fifteen years that Fengxian is alive despite his beloved uncle knowing about it, is cherry on the top of contrivences.

"Granny" is also awful person, even when we ignore Fengxian and Lakan story. Her exploitation and casual abuse of Maomao irritates me and when narrative glosses over it, and Maomao is constantly shown to love her abuser, it makes me hate "Granny". And not in funny way. More like: I will drop this series because I cannot stand this character.

It's kinda dissapointing because I liked the assassination scheme, it was great. All murders were deniable, not only you couldn't point the culprits, but murders in itself were iffy, easily explained as accidents. It's not only how I would imagine real assassination to look like, it also something I never seen before. Most times is just "a dagger in darkness" or poison at best.

It was still fun anime.
ksipeMay 30, 12:44 AM
Jun 4, 6:23 PM
Sep 2022
Lakan backstory is interesting great story telling add more deep to the story making to give a plot if you ask me ,something a lot of the the story nowadays lack.
But lakan and fonshin relationship broke my heart of glass it giving me a bad flashback meryum and komogi
RomaryoJun 4, 6:26 PM
Jun 5, 2:09 PM

Feb 2014
Great anime.

I was torn between 8/10 and 9/10, would give 8.5/10 if possible, but I decided to go for 9/10.

This was an intriguing anime, I enjoyed the setting and how it was handle.

I would say Maomao is an OP character xD and I actually do not mind that in the right anime. Also, we are full of the usual OP male characters in shounen animes out there, so why not?

Specially enjoyed how Maomao doesn´t care about love/romance (well, at least for now?), and she was not one of those strong female characters that would soon succumb to the gorgeous male character.

2nd half was slightly different as it started to go deeper into drama matter or more serious tones compared to the 1st half. The mysteries got more complex and sometimes I would find myself lost on what was happening - so yep, I can´t deny this slightly and naturally decreased my enjoyment compared to the 1st half- ye, maybe because I didn´t have the brains to understand xD maybe if I were to rewatch I would understand better.

2nd season confirmed and that is good news. Although this will take some time at least for me, who is always waiting animes to finish airing to binge-watch (as I did with this one.. took me just 2 days to watch 24 epiodes xD). Oh well... I guess it can´t be helped so I will just left with a... until then!

---

By the way, why didn´t they tell Lakan that Fonshin was still alive? Is it because they were trying to protect Fonshin from Lakan thinking he was the one to blame to what happened?
TechOtakuJun 5, 2:17 PM
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Softhenic03 - Oct 28, 2023

205 by LotteGiants »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 27

90 by grandy_UiD »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - Nov 4, 2023

158 by Anshika_Sh »»
Jun 10, 10:36 AM

» What year does apothecary diary takes place?

hercules28 - Apr 12

5 by bryanyuchen »»
Jun 9, 10:38 AM

» Fun fact about Maomao

Fukoku - Oct 22, 2023

11 by bryanyuchen »»
Jun 9, 10:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.