Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 17, 2023 10:16 AM

Aug 2021
So Maomao's father saying the stuff about Fate was relevant after all.
Dec 17, 2023 7:48 PM
Jul 2017
OK PLOT TWIST WITH THE DAD BEING A punished eunuch
Dec 18, 2023 2:07 PM
Nov 2021
im biased and a total sucker for romance so this was real good 😂😂
Dec 18, 2023 8:10 PM

Jan 2022
That's crazy, her dad did have a role in the palace. So she must've been sold to the inner palace because of him and maybe he owed them something?? I wonder why Lishu doesn't like Ah Duo. I wish Lishu would speak up for herself and the stupid ladies in waiting would stop being so mean to her.
This never updates so that's cool
Dec 19, 2023 4:44 AM
Dec 2020
I wonder what happened to the scene of Maomao entering Fengming's room. The scene changed from "Maomao sees the maid's missing shoes" to "Maomao sees a candle with a sweet smell".

Is there something going on with those scene?
Dec 20, 2023 3:33 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
I was starting to warm up to Jinshi a bit, but now he is back in my dog house again. Despicable behavior.

Seems like we are going to find out more about Maomao's dad and possibly her own origin story next episode. Interesting ending to the episode there. Glad I waited two weeks to watch these back to back.
Dec 20, 2023 8:56 AM

Jan 2017
Just what is going on~
Dec 20, 2023 2:18 PM

Apr 2016
Reply to HikarieChan
what does she mean that jinshi has no balls?
@HikarieChan They explained way earlier in the show that all male servants in the rear palace are eunuchs, men who have had their genitalia removed or damaged in a way that prevents them from reproducing. Bodily function generally remains the same, but they are unable to have children.
Dec 25, 2023 8:47 PM

Feb 2017
Why'd he try to get her to lick honey off his fingers lmao?? And I knew the dad seemed kinda off in the episode she went home. I'm still a bit confused about what's the deal with the honey and colored fire and all that but I guess I just gotta wait for more things to be revealed. It seems like things are building up to more of a big reveal than any of the other mysteries so far
Dec 28, 2023 12:59 PM

Feb 2020
weirdly well animated running sequence in the middle of the episode
Dec 31, 2023 4:54 AM

Apr 2009
Jinshi's prank is weird. Ah whatever floats his boat.

So her father was a former doctor from the palace (that's why he said what 'twist of fate' in ending of the episode when MaoMao came back) and a eunuch...so MaoMao's adopted or something?
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Dec 31, 2023 9:16 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Oh darn Lishu and her allergies again.

Maomao did some spying mission, only to find out the house actually too nice.

Fuckin Jinshi and her pranking idea almost making Maomao lost her mind

But its actually me that almost losing myself mind when they describe those complicated emperor love life with Ah-Duo and then try to connect it with Lishu? Back to the missing boy or really death, don't quite understand yet, while Maomao dad also included there thanks to those old note. Maomao really cookin something big there with those digging, then return again to the honey case. I feel like a big revelation might have happening once this case solved. Or actually, none....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 1, 1:12 PM

May 2019
So Maomao's father delivered babies in the rear palace years ago which may explain what he said about Maomao working there being fate. Also, does that mean Maomao's father is a eunuch? Because if so that would mean Maomao was adopted which could then mean her biological parents may still be in the rear palace... interesting.

This also raises more questions such as why was Maomao's father fired and if he was involved/knew about the kidnapping.
Jan 13, 3:00 PM

Jan 2024
A good episode, especcialy the scene with the honey was very funny.
Jan 14, 5:21 PM

Jun 2014
Jinshi had Maomao cornered. It's a good thing that Gyokuyou showed up to put a stop to it, lol.

It looks like Maomao's father was once in the palace, as a doctor. What else will we learn?

Jan 20, 4:40 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Hm yeah the honey is suspicious... and we have the confirmation that Maomao's father worked there before
Jan 25, 2:01 PM
Dec 2020
daaamn i really thought he was part of some conspiracy..

my guess is that the the emperor's son didn't die but was swapped with his little brother who did die and that's jinshi
Jan 29, 3:09 AM

Jul 2023
We have a twin mystery, and suddenly the anime becomes interesting again.

猫猫 investigates if the Pure Consort's ladies are behind the attempt to poison the young consort. The episode ends with Maōmaō discovering the connection of her father to the palace, which is something hinted earlier.

I had to repeat the last part 3 times to make sure I get things right.

猫猫 is 17 years old, and then she learns that the old emperor had a child with the pure consort but died 16 years ago. The doctor who delivered the emperor's son is Maōmaō's father.

With his banishment from the palace, is he somehow resentful?

It's mentioned the he is a eunuch. That means he is not 猫猫's real father. That's news to us because once it was hinted that he had a connected with the palace, I've been wondering who is or was Maōmaō's mother.

The pure consort appeared to be a relative of Jinshi, perhaps a sister. Anyway, my wild conjecture is that Maōmaō is actually the real daughter of the old emperor and the pure consort. Even though the baby was recorded to be a son, it's not entirely impossible that they hid her identity as a female. Another complication would be that Maōmaō's old man said that the baby died, but the baby actually survived and he raised her.

But if this were the case, something that's a trope in Latin-American soap operas, why would he do that? What was his motivation?
patkarununganJan 29, 3:27 AM
Feb 4, 3:43 PM

Sep 2014
A lot was going on this time, the suspicion about her father seems to be true. This raises the question if she is his biological child, if he also is an eunuch.

I feel bad for the young concubine, she is getting used by her servants.

Isnt it unusual to get servants from a different concubine? Arent they supposed to be rivals and the ladies in waiting their most trusted servants? Or are normal workers mixed in with them for events like these?
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Feb 7, 5:37 PM

Aug 2022
I'm not sure if it was a mistake, but suddenly they started calling Maomao "Xiao Mao" for some reason...
Anyway, it seems Maomao is essentially her father's successor in the palace. Knowing the outcome her father faced after the death investigation really emphasizes how her life, much like in the last episode, is pretty much deemed expendable. No wonder he reflected on Maomao being at the palace; it's as if it were fate. It's like she was destined to end up there and continue his work. Fortunately, Maomao has her "Jinshi All-Access Card" which she can use to navigate her tasks when her peasant status is targeted. 🤭
Feb 14, 8:50 PM

Nov 2011
Don't worry, MaoMao, you can kick him. Jinshi
Ribbit, ribbit :D

Also, is it just me, or is the flirting just not landing in the anime? Like, I remember Jinshi being a clingy goober in the manga, but I never found his teasing as off-putting like I did in the honey scene, where she clearly is creeped out but has no way to deny her superior's advances, especially with Gaoshun is turning a blind eye instead of helping her out. Props to Gyokuyou being a real one! The way she had Jinshi scurrying away was hilarious.

EDIT: Yeah, okay, I definitely overlooked how uncomfy this "prank" was back when I was reading the manga. Chapter 16 is adapted pretty spot on here. Idk why this kind of thing is still played for laughs these days, but alright, I guess I'm just happy it's being portrayed as undesirable behavior.
AeowinaFeb 14, 10:30 PM
These faces are so cute that I might just leave them here (#`Д´)´∀`)・ω・) ゚Д゚)゚∀゚)・∀・) ̄ー ̄)´_ゝ`)
Mar 1, 11:23 PM

Oct 2013
Hoho, could Jinshi be A-Duo's brother? They look alike. Or given his position, role and hints we could see earlier - perhaps the emperor's brother in disguise? :P

The intrigue tightens. Maomao's father's past will be unveiled soon, I guess. At least I hope it will be. He mentioned earlier how Maomao working at the palace must be destiny, so I thought he could've worked there. But woah, his story must've been even more complex. Good that after that incident, he didn't lose his life and adopted Maomao.
Mar 11, 1:30 AM
Feb 2024
damn it was so entertaining lol, jinshi is funny
Mar 22, 5:52 AM
Dec 2016
Jinshi's prank successfully failed
LMao Gaoshun getting laxative on his food later"
Mar 24, 1:29 PM
May 2020
It left me at the edge of my seat for what was coming next.
Mar 25, 1:16 AM

Jun 2020
I always love whenever Maomao remembers that Jinshi has no private parts lmao. And TBH I feel really bad for Concubine Lishu in every episode, she's in such a sad position.

This episode really felt like it's tied everything together. I can't wait to see what's happened with her dad previously at the palace.

Mar 30, 9:50 AM
May 2021
All episodes seem to amazing.
Apr 7, 5:08 PM

May 2021
I don't quite understand with the whole Ah Duo and emperor situation. So the current emperor had a son when he's 17 with Ah Duo, who is also his foster sibling????

𝑇𝐼𝑃𝑆 𝐼𝑁 𝐺𝐼𝑁𝑇𝐴𝑀𝐴
- NOT your usual shounen anime
- Pure comedy? DEAD WRONG
- Treat Gintama as SoL/weekly sitcom especially earlier seasons
- Ep 1 & 2 are for manga readers
- BIG patience for its 'slow' start

Apr 8, 6:11 PM

Jul 2013
I can't wait for the conclusion of that poisoning event. And Maomao's only 17 huh. At least she's not 14 like that one concubine, if I was the emperor, all of them would be pregnant every year lol, except the little kid
Apr 12, 6:42 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Reply to ArimaKana
Ah Duo's child died and Jinshi looks like her a lot for some reason, sus.
@ArimaKana To me, the show here is dropping a huge hint that Jinshin is Duo's child, and thus not the brother of the emperor, but his son.

This episode was huge for this, I was expecting Maomao to get a hint of this, but seems like it was too much for her.
Apr 13, 11:45 PM

Feb 2019
and the plot thickens. so that's what her old man meant when he said something about a twist of fate.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Does this ever get good? ( 1 2 )

El_Jiro - Jun 13

65 by BetaMaleUltra »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Softhenic03 - Oct 28, 2023

205 by LotteGiants »»
Jun 13, 2:29 AM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 27

90 by grandy_UiD »»
Jun 13, 12:10 AM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - Nov 4, 2023

158 by Anshika_Sh »»
Jun 10, 10:36 AM

» What year does apothecary diary takes place?

hercules28 - Apr 12

5 by bryanyuchen »»
Jun 9, 10:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.