Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Sister's All You Need. (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 17, 2017 7:05 PM

Mar 2016
This feels like the start to an actual romance like Oregairu but obviously not as good (at this point at least). The characters are starting to come together and it feels great to watch. The only problem is that silver haired girl that keeps talking about dicks and sex. It's like the second coming of Eromanga Sensei. She just gives off a vibe of being a parody and a comedic character in this show that doesn't really seem to be centered around parodying other works, especially in this episode.
send help

and friends
Oct 18, 2017 6:04 AM

Jan 2011
How will LN fans ever recover?
Oct 18, 2017 10:00 AM
Mar 2012
Haruto's sis feels like an Araragi somehow.
Nyanpasu!! Episode much more funny & directing certainly has 'personality', those shifting traffic lights over Nayu & Miya's faces, naked Itsuki scene, and some pretty thorough animation.
mc was as mean as Akashic sensei in flashback, hopefully he's not such a douche now.
Some pretty good thoughts from Haruto & Itsuki near end with that chill ED.

Oct 18, 2017 10:53 AM

Feb 2014
Nyanpasu~all da way!!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Oct 18, 2017 11:28 AM

Mar 2013
LOVED the fan service. But wished I get to see the other backstory too you know ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Now I somehow feel bad for Miyako since she seems to have romantic feelings for MC :(

The dude said some nice lines at the end.

Oct 18, 2017 10:53 PM

Feb 2014
Its actually a fun watch with some interesting characters. Yeah think ill keep watching this.
Oct 19, 2017 3:59 PM

Aug 2015
Loving it :3 I wish they would've shown when she was gonna take off her pants but hey ho
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Oct 19, 2017 9:52 PM

Apr 2011
It looks okay. The other seems in denial over her feelings for MC thou.
Oct 20, 2017 8:32 AM

Aug 2013
A LOT better than 1st episode. I'm so glad that I didn't drop it.

Nyanpasu!
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 20, 2017 11:18 PM

Nov 2010
I'm liking this anime already. That "bichi" scene in the flashback cracked me up lol.
Oct 23, 2017 1:05 AM

Feb 2011
RediceRyan said:
Struck a nice balance between comedy and drama this episode. Will all depend on how much progress there actually is.
It's kind of off-putting to me that the word 'gay' had to be censored, or at least according to the subtitles. That shouldn't be the case.
That was the oddest censorship. It's a word that describes one's sexual preference; nothing more. Well, happiness too I guess. To see it any other way is just wrong. [Actually, after looking it up, there's one more meaning but it still doesn't justify censorship.]
ReloadOct 23, 2017 1:10 AM
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Oct 23, 2017 5:53 AM

Jun 2015
Lot better than the first episode was
Oct 24, 2017 3:28 PM

Oct 2012
Already (A LOT) better than Eromanga. It was unexpected from this kind of show but they actually portrayed each character pretty well and brought in some emotion, with the bittersweet end of this episode no less.

And Nayu getting naked, following with oppai fondling and other ecchi scenes (including Itsuki's mirror playing in the beginning) were just great! :D

I uped the score one point after this episode :)
Oct 25, 2017 5:27 AM

Mar 2009
EroKing_AS said:
Been a while since I made a gif.

That bra scene was ridiculously well-animated. And Miyako is deceptively stacked.

SoraSenpai said:

When two of the best girls are naked on the screen at the same time...

She and the MC of Garo have a lot in common.

Anyway, what a nice friend Miyako is, letting Nayuta feel her up in the name of research. Her response to Nayuta's bullying was actually kind of heartwarming. She really is a good friend.
Oct 26, 2017 2:38 PM

Oct 2015
I still predict this crap of a story, hopefully it will improve.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 26, 2017 2:38 PM

Oct 2015
I still cant predict this crap of a story, hopefully it will improve.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 27, 2017 10:29 PM
Oct 2017
mjott90 said:
I dont know. I kinda like the general theme of the story because I liked Bakuman. But the characters are just so over the top. Miyako and Haruto are kind of normal, while Nayuta is basically a nymph and Itsuki has a little-sister-compley and is talking about it 24/7. Its just annoying. Im kinda 50/50 right now, but I liked this episode much more than the first one.

That's basically my biggest problem with the show. It feels like it wants to actually say something, but the two over-the-top characters have a tendency to overshadow anything that's going on.
Oct 31, 2017 3:11 PM

Jul 2014
I dont get it.

Its pretty clear that this show is fully capable of taking itself seriously. It has shown enough hints that there is more going on beneath the surface with its characters. But then it goes on to slap us in the face with trashy, out-of-place, gratuitous fanservice. As if the existence of the former somehow excuses the latter. Like, no. No it doesn't. If anything, the fact that a potentially good show has to stoop down to cheap pandering makes it even more disappointing than any ordinary trashy otaku siscon show. Why does anime have to be like this? Sigh
Nov 3, 2017 9:52 PM

Nov 2013
Itsuki totally acted like an ass towards Miyako in the flashback.

The hotel room scene was nice.

Also girls walking in on a naked guy is something new.
TheBigGuyNov 3, 2017 9:56 PM
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Nov 12, 2017 10:03 AM

Jun 2016
Ohmygod. They just referenced Renge's Nyanpasu from Non Non Biyori. Nope nope nope.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Nov 15, 2017 9:55 AM

Jul 2015
Oh wow I rly like Miyako now too. I'm rooting for the harem route now ok ok

caught in the wonder
Nov 23, 2017 3:05 AM
Oct 2017
A siscon having a little sister...

That's explains she has a -kun on her name. XD
Dec 25, 2017 3:49 AM

Sep 2012
Nayuta taking pictures of naked Itsuki lol

Gem said:
Oh wow I rly like Miyako now too. I'm rooting for the harem route now ok ok

i am also rooting for 3some harem, 3 cause i don't want him to die lol i so 1H Harem where in the end cant remember hes words but MC was like some1 plz save me 6 woman was 2much specially if they all want at once (felt bad for the guy a bit) lol
Sugram22Dec 25, 2017 3:52 AM
Dec 29, 2017 1:25 AM
Dec 2013
A lot of nudity in this episode, both male and female. A lot of flashbacks in this episode too. This episode is an improvement over the first episode. The "Little Sister" stamps are gone, thank god, and no boring moments.
Jan 3, 2018 10:03 PM

Dec 2015
Well that was Episode 2 i enjoyed it because i thought they were just putting us in the sea wirhout giving us a story. I quit liked the slap he got for calling miyako a bitch. Do you think she is a virgin and keept quite about it to give a adult kinda air around her to impress nayuta? Well im expecting more from this anime as it has a unusual air about it.
Feb 4, 2018 12:46 PM

May 2012
Pretty solid progression I must say actually, let's see what's next!

Not sure if that ecchiness is really necessary for this series? A bit bothersome even?
Oct 30, 2019 7:56 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So much people naked in this episode lol
Kani's past seems to be rather sad... that's why she loves Itsuki this much.
It was a really good episode again.
Nov 3, 2019 11:20 AM

Apr 2013
Man, I'm not sure what to think about this show... this goes from "WTF?" to "great backstory" and "haha, that's funny" to everything else. It's lewd, kinda though-provoking and also funny. I have to say I like it so far.
Apr 23, 2020 8:09 AM

Mar 2019
Eh,I still don't find something interesting about this.I mean,it's better than the first 2 minutes of the first episode,but still.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jul 9, 2020 5:27 AM

Apr 2014
Damn I like this show. Its completely different than I thought it would be and it's funny as fuck.
Jul 16, 2020 3:00 PM

Feb 2017
"It wouldn't make me happy at all if my books sold because of how I am!"
That's how it should've been, right? It's a bit sad to see that people tend to ignore this kind of mindset.
Dec 26, 2020 9:10 PM

Jun 2016
so "eroge otaku" is an insult. I'm hurt.
May 3, 2021 9:47 AM

Jun 2020
They even lewd Itsuki this episode now huh doesn't seem to move away from the fact that this is somewhat of a fanservice anime and I love it

Flashbacks when Itsuki and Miyako was still going to universities and how they knew each other, And a few moments of flashbacks from Nayuta as well I really feel so bad for her getting bullied like that which makes me slightly mad but I'm thankful that Itsuki's works saved Nayuta

Damn a fanservice scene with Miyako and Nayuta slightly liked that one honestly and I expect more in the upcoming episodes.

Jul 1, 2021 7:23 AM

Aug 2018
lol, why subtitles censor "ochinchin"?.. If you're subbing, do it right.. Why censor something that's not censored in anime itself?.. That's quite disappointing.. I hope there won't be any more such BS..
Well, it's interesting backstory for Miyako.. But I'm not too sure they in the end understand too much each other.. Miyako and Itsuki, I mean.. I think that Itsuki and Kani have more in common.. And Miyako's and Itsuki's relationship.. It's strange it even lasted, to be honest.. Because what's this relationship - lasting on the interest of something unusual?.. I don't know.. But who knows - maybe later they started to connect more.. I have no idea from general things that she took some games, and he asked about fashion..
Well.. That phrase from Itsuki's book was indeed great.. Even if you're nothing at school - there are other things besides school.. That is a very good phrase for life in general, to be honest.. We don't really have to be perfect at everything.. And we can suck at something.. But there are lots of other things.. Whatever those things important to you you'll find..
Kani was bullied at school quite heavily, it seems.. This sucks a lot.. Now I'm even more glad the way she is, how she is happy about some things, and how she can be happy..
Subtitles are truly awful.. Like why censor homo?.. At this point what subs are for anyway, if I have to listen some sentences myself to guess what they said, lol.. And these character don't even censor this themselves.. So just why censor it in goddamn subs.. That's just awful.. Please just translate, why you got to ruin show with your censorship?..
Non Non Biyori reference?.. Nyanpasu~
Yeah.. Again topic of needing to appeal to audience.. It's at the same time good and bad thing.. In different ways.. In the end.. World needs all kinds of authors.. So, Haruto, you'll be fine either way you'll be, really.. Just that maybe if you yourself want to try something different - sure, why not?.. I'm sure you'll be able to write in time both more experimental book, and more appealing the audience.. I believe in you, Haruto.. ;P
Damn, Haruto's little sister is so cute.. Man, she is very cute.. ;P
Mmm.. I don't think all comedies and tragedies happen thanks to people, who have, what they want.. Maybe some of them.. But all?.. Opposite thing also gave light to a lot of comedies and tragedies, really.. Well, I mean, people, who not have, what they want..
Miyako seems to be stressed about something.. Maybe she realizes she with higher chance won't be with Itsuki.. Well, with how different they are.. But still likes him or something.. So this can be painful.. Well.. This can suck majorly.. Yeah..
This anime really should have drama tag.. With how serious it is.. Topics that are touched.. So far - great anime..
Hm.. Did that brother actually had chest in the bath?.. Secret imouto?.. Well, maybe I'm misguessing, lol..
Aug 5, 2021 10:09 PM
Jul 2021
Wow, seriously what a MF POS. He's all about having sex with sisters and he has the balls to call a nice girl he just met a whore and says she spreads her legs? That like wasn't even funny, I can't remember the last time I disliked a MC so much. At least with Redo of Healer he had horrible things done to him and that's why he's an evil scumbag, this dude has no justification. This dude is just a CS'er for no reason. And his "reason" for being a disgusting creep is so stupid.
Nov 12, 2021 12:36 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
NYANPASU!!!!! Or rather, nyanpasu......

Next episode title: "As long as it's research". Expecting great things. Great things indeed.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Sep 15, 2022 8:45 AM
Jul 2022
10/10 episode but why did they put that first scene in that shit radiated rent-a-gf levels of cringe energy and i had my jaw open the entire time
prolly not that high up there in objective standards but that hotel scene was insane i think nayuto needs to be on a list
patchworxSep 15, 2022 8:59 AM
Nov 16, 2023 10:14 PM
Dec 2022
Itsuki and Nayuta sure have some weird ways to come up with materials for their writing
Dec 6, 2023 9:42 PM

Dec 2022
This series is really ecchi, to the point where just about this entire episode was about sex and oppai. But I do appreciate that all the animation budget went into that breast fondling scene. The priorities are bang on.

Shaded Horizon

Jan 1, 8:09 PM
Oct 2014
"It's pretty much a miracle when you have what you want, and most comedies and tragedies happen due to the absence of that miracle."

He can't be more right, especially about the characters in the anime :)
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Imouto sae Ireba Ii. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2017

167 by Prinzwil »»
May 26, 2:30 PM

Poll: » Imouto sae Ireba Ii. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2017

105 by myanimelisy »»
May 17, 12:54 AM

Poll: » Imouto sae Ireba Ii. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2017

82 by Miki42 »»
Jan 8, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Imouto sae Ireba Ii. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2017

88 by Miki42 »»
Jan 2, 7:36 AM

Poll: » Imouto sae Ireba Ii. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2017

231 by Miki42 »»
Jan 1, 11:12 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.