Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 27, 2007 1:38 PM

Mar 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And so Darker than BLACK ends as well. Not as many events as the last few episodes in this one, the end was pretty typical too I guess; with Hei saving all the contractors and being brought back thanks to Yin.
Kirihara finally figured out that Hei is BK-201 too! That took sometime, I mean they both had the same hairstyle.. Though there are people with same hairstyles everywhere.. whatever. Loli Amber wasn't that bad looking either :D
In the end I am still giving DtB a 10/10 and it's staying in my favorite list.
The first few episodes I was always going about dropping this show, and I'm certainly glad I never did. When the story developed it got better and better all the time!

And someone needs to put this as finished airing.

Edit-
All these typos..
SobzobSep 27, 2007 1:49 PM
Sep 28, 2007 4:11 AM

Jun 2007
Hey its out? Didn't know that it was out yet...
Sep 28, 2007 5:38 AM

Mar 2007
It's out raw.
Sep 28, 2007 9:44 PM

Jun 2007
Ah ok. Good thing i didn't read the first post yet. Or else it wouldn't be nice watching anymore.
Sep 29, 2007 4:15 AM

Jul 2007
i wonder how long it will take for the subs...
any ideas? dunno how long it normally takes...
Sep 29, 2007 8:16 PM

Mar 2007
Subs are out... already had the raw waiting for a .ass file... but they didn't release one, so I had to download the entire mkv -_-

Anyway... episode wasn't as good as I had hoped it would be. The ending just didn't feel very complete for some reason... it might just be because it was a good show and I don't want it to end already.
Sep 29, 2007 8:39 PM

Jan 2007
I liked the way it ended. It was a nice way to close out this conflict. Lolis Amber was great. It was nice to see everyone one last time. I'm gonna miss this show.
Sep 29, 2007 9:39 PM

Sep 2007
A satisfying end to a good series. I wanted to see more of Kirihara and Hei though. They probably could of had a thing going; I guess that will only be in my dreams.

Can never get enough of Yin and Kirihara.

9/10 overall series
HappySep 29, 2007 9:52 PM
Sep 29, 2007 11:39 PM

Jul 2007
Good ending, I love the fact that Yin didn't die. I was crossing my fingers lol
Anyway this series was great, I really enjoyed it and I'm also going to miss it.
TrieJun 3, 2010 10:08 PM
Sep 30, 2007 8:27 AM

Jun 2007
ending was boring... men always have to be awkward pffft
9/10 overall for the show
Sep 30, 2007 9:28 AM

Jul 2007
Ya I guess the end was semi-satisfying. I still think they can make another season with Hei vs the Organization.
All the mods fucking blow on this website except Kaiserpingvin, Cloudy-Sky, Baman and aero. PM me if you're actually good and I left you out.

Oh, rule 8...

( ̄ー ̄)
Sep 30, 2007 1:10 PM

Apr 2007
No more DTB T^T
Sep 30, 2007 1:35 PM

May 2007
ashura said:
ending was boring... men always have to be awkward pffft
9/10 overall for the show

Haha. It wasn't that it was boring, rather, not what I was expecting.

I was trying to figure out how Kirihara would figure out the BK-201 was Li and that was kind of anti-climatic with the way they made her intuitively know it.
But the show was good in its own rights and definitely had a lot of originality which separated it from other anime, which I believe was its strongest asset.

Thanks for a great viewing, Darker than Black. It was a good ride.

Final rating of 8/10.
Sep 30, 2007 4:07 PM

Nov 2006
Final rating of 9/10, went up from the 8 it's been at for the whole thing.

It's so sad so many had to die, and I dislike how Kirihara couldn't catch up to Hei. I like how it explained things though, and was an extremely entertaining and aesthetically pleasing. Would like to see a sequel but only if it's as well done as the original.
Sep 30, 2007 5:25 PM

Jun 2007
going to miss dtb ;-; specially yin *sobs*
I give it 10 and a place on my faves x33
Sep 30, 2007 10:38 PM

Feb 2007
I gave Darker than Black a 10/10

I loved this show, and I am going to miss it very much. I think I'll buy it, when the box-set comes out in like.. a year or two >_> (so slow)

I think they should make a second season if they can keep up the amazing quality.

The characters in this show were the most fantastic part. ;_;
Sep 30, 2007 10:47 PM

Aug 2007
I'm going to miss the series, though I may have to re-watch this ep, I'm a little confused.
Oct 1, 2007 8:52 AM

Jan 2007
vindemon64 said:
I was trying to figure out how Kirihara would figure out the BK-201 was Li and that was kind of anti-climatic with the way they made her intuitively know it.

I don't know that it was sudden intuition so much as having suspicions for a long time, and taking a chance by calling out "Li-san!" I thought it was great. :)

Loved this series and this ep (especially the GRAR look on his face when he decided to return to Yin). Sorry to see it end, but better to go out with a good ending than drag on and ruin itself. Definitely buying the DVDs...eventually!
Oct 1, 2007 9:29 PM
Oct 2007
This was a great series, i think it's the anime that doesn't always have a picture perfect ending that is awsome. There are still alot of questions that i have and maybe because the subs weren't 100% acurate...maybe someone here can shed some light on it for me.

If Hei was at heavens gate with Amber and others in South America, how did he survive if his sisters power was to destroy everything?
Also at the end when he saw everyone, was he just imagining all that or were those people still alive somehow? I get that Amber set time back enough for hei to make a choice, i guess she knew he would not want to kill all the people in japan?
Hei only became a contractor after somehow merging with his sister?
Lastly, what was it that Amber didn't want Hei to say before he said goodbye to everyone?

I guess i might be looking for more than i need but i was just wondering about these things 8o) So if anyone can share their thoughts i'd appreciate it.
KagatoOct 1, 2007 9:34 PM
Oct 1, 2007 11:02 PM

Aug 2007
IMO, Hei was going to say something sentimental (like I love you..lol). I was wondering about Hei becoming a contractor also. I guess it is after his sister became a part of him.

In the end though I was wondering, was Xing still a part of Hei then?
What would've happened if Hei didn't choose to save Japan? Amber and Xing wouldn't have come back anyway right?
Oct 2, 2007 1:28 AM
Oct 2007
MajorAddiction said:
IMO, Hei was going to say something sentimental (like I love you..lol). I was wondering about Hei becoming a contractor also. I guess it is after his sister became a part of him.

Yeah i'm guessing she was there all along, since Hei wasn't a contractor in the true sense... he just got the powers from his sister.
MajorAddiction said:
In the end though I was wondering, was Xing still a part of Hei then?
What would've happened if Hei didn't choose to save Japan? Amber and Xing wouldn't have come back anyway right?

I think in the end it was a suicide mission for all except Hei, Amber had no chance of coming back after using her powers to back time again... and his sister...i just have no idea what happened to her or if she is still in his head : /
Oct 2, 2007 6:46 AM

Apr 2007
noooo it's over
and everyone died :(
LOVED IT!
Great ending. Satsifying.

Oct 2, 2007 6:39 PM

Aug 2007
yeah I like the fact they weren't scared to kill off characters (though, it is sad o_o )
Oct 2, 2007 11:56 PM
Jun 2007
I can't wait for Season 2 when the plot is finished.

Oct 3, 2007 7:09 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Was a good ending, I liked how it turned out. The overall show was great, loved the action, the art style, the details (especially on the cars :D) and the many many different contractor abilities. One of the highlights of the last anime season. It was a 10 before, then I changed it back to a 9 - but I think it would really deserve a 10.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 3, 2007 7:24 AM

Aug 2007
Great end to a great series.
Still trying to figure out exactly what happened to Mao.

Oct 3, 2007 8:40 AM

Nov 2004
edge_666 said:
Great end to a great series.
Still trying to figure out exactly what happened to Mao.

true but it seems he "died" since he lost contact to the computer that kept his mind at bay
Oct 3, 2007 11:04 AM

Aug 2007
Ahh in that case, I wonder if he is still inside the cat. If the cats personality has taken over, as a reverse of the situation when Mao is in control, will they be able to bring him back if there is a second series.

Oct 3, 2007 2:40 PM

Jun 2007
first I though that mao abandon them, then I though the cat was in control
but now I say that he died because he was with all the dead contractors, etc
Oct 4, 2007 12:29 PM

Aug 2007
I will miss Mao :'(
Oct 4, 2007 9:18 PM
Sep 2007
wow it really end...great series!! its like the counterpart of Heroes in NBC lol i thought Hei renumeration is eating lots of food lol well he is not a contrator originally!!! ill miss the mask!!
Oct 6, 2007 9:17 AM

Mar 2007
Awesome series, definitely worth the boxed set

Dibs on Ishida!
Oct 6, 2007 10:39 PM
Overlord

Nov 2004
Was REALLY hoping for a Hei x Kirihara hook-up ending. Didn't get it though. :( Oh well, good show, really enjoyed the characters and the story. 9/10.
Oct 8, 2007 1:02 AM
Aug 2007
Fairly awesome show, one of the better ones this season, I think I'll up the score to a 9.
Oct 8, 2007 2:15 AM

Nov 2004
Xinil said:
Was REALLY hoping for a Hei x Kirihara hook-up ending. Didn't get it though. :( Oh well, good show, really enjoyed the characters and the story. 9/10.
indeed, i was sad =(
Oct 9, 2007 8:42 AM

May 2007
wow too bad it ended, it all looked random but made sense in a way in the end o:
moar :<
Oct 9, 2007 2:27 PM
Jun 2007
Yes, really good series.

Exciting, good characters, interesting twists, nice action.

Only romance was bit lacking.

And they really should do a second season. Usually I don't like when series are dragged long, but now I think there is still material for more.

Side note, I like women like Kirihara. :)
Oct 10, 2007 1:56 PM

Jul 2007
you all have mentioned all the goodpoints of DtB already, except thefightings. Woot the fightings whe one of te bst ever:
No PowerUps, every Contractors hs an own ability,but it is limited to one and there doesn't suddenly pop up a second, the fights were really fast , but slow enough to realize all movements without geting confused, very much environmental use (walls,trees,...), cool moves(especially from Hei^^).

Nice end. I would lik a second season, but this partly open end is fine too. 9/10
Oct 18, 2007 12:33 PM

Apr 2007
The bit with Mao confused me too.

Good episode to end a good series. Was it just me, or did the scene where the world was gone and Hei was talking to all the contractors seem a lot like the anime end to Eva?
Oct 22, 2007 12:22 AM

Apr 2007
Pretty satisfying conclusion; felt a pretty big existential vibe from the finale, good stuff.
Oct 22, 2007 7:41 AM

Oct 2006
Liked it overall, gets a solid 9/10 from me
Hope there is a 2nd season but also feel that this sort of mysterious ending is pretty good too, for some reason, I'll prefer it if Misaki is always 'chasing' behind the shadow of Hei or Li-kun
Oct 27, 2007 12:16 AM

Jul 2007
The ending could have been better, but at least it wasn't bad. I enjoyed the series (and loved Hei) overall and will miss it~
Oct 30, 2007 5:10 PM

Oct 2007
Just got around to finishing it and I must say I really liked how the show went with all the 2 episode mini-arcs. It really kept things fresh and they did a good job of tying it all together in the end.

Another winner from studio BONES.
Oct 30, 2007 7:27 PM

Nov 2004
Nooooes~ I just finished DtB. Aww.. I really liked how everything came together in the end. How the initial baddies became the good guys (to some extent). How everyone's stories were told of what really happened. There were a few things that were never explained (like how Yin became a Doll), and Mao's past was never explored. The ending felt stale in the way that it's kind of those... and life goes on kind of endings after the climax occurs. Most of the characters are dead, but we can assume that Hei is still out there... running and hiding for his life. With Yin, I assume.

I was disappointed with the big revealment to Misaki to who BK201 is. T.T That was boring... I wanted some dramatic scene... or something. LOL. Oh and that girl with the fire powers from the beginning of the show, I didn't even notice she died. They through her back in just to kill Amagiri. T.T Her ending didn't end up happy. After being saved by Hei, taken away, and dies eventually in battle. Against Hei ironically.
Nov 22, 2007 1:55 PM

Mar 2007
Just finished this and rated it up to 9 (from 8) based on the strength of the final 2 episodes. Really going to miss Mao (WHYY!!?), Huang (went out with a bang) and November 11. /sigh. BTW what was the joke with his Ringtone?
Jan 9, 2008 1:51 AM
Jan 2008
In the sub I watched, it mentioned how Pai died a little everytime Hei killed someone. But afterwards it mentions, how he influenced them to become more human. It seems like that translation wasn't the best given the context. What did it say on the version you watched?
Jan 9, 2008 11:06 PM

Sep 2007
My brother hated the ending but I liked it a lot more than him. I've always hated Kirihara and I was annoyed she ended up playing a big role in the finale. I was very happy when Amber died, though, she was my least favorite. Hei was cool all the way through the episode and that was good enough for me. Funny, everyone is saying how they liked how Hei and Yin ran off together but I got the impression that Yin was gone. Oh well, maybe I need to watch it again.
Overall, it was a really good show. I wish more had gotten explained, but it really didn't seem like that kind of show anyway.
Jan 11, 2008 4:50 PM

Oct 2007
Haha I just re-watched the series and now I understand the ending a little more, I feel kinda dumb for not realizing this before.

Amber's power is to manipulate time, so what she did is used Hei's power so that he could see his sister one last time, then sent him back in time, undoing the process, allowing him to stop PANDORA from destroying the gate.

I still don't get why Amber was a little kid though? Is that how she fulfills her contract, by getting younger or something, like the opposite of the church leader?
Jan 11, 2008 4:54 PM

Feb 2007
quitearush said:
Haha I just re-watched the series and now I understand the ending a little more, I feel kinda dumb for not realizing this before.

Amber's power is to manipulate time, so what she did is used Hei's power so that he could see his sister one last time, then sent him back in time, undoing the process, allowing him to stop PANDORA from destroying the gate.

I still don't get why Amber was a little kid though? Is that how she fulfills her contract, by getting younger or something, like the opposite of the church leader?

yes.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darker than BLACK Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

TheWestExit - Aug 3, 2007

101 by almightybismarck »»
May 14, 8:28 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

windborn - Jul 31, 2007

75 by almightybismarck »»
May 13, 9:23 AM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Zel - Jul 21, 2007

105 by almightybismarck »»
Apr 4, 11:46 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Faust721 - Jul 21, 2007

100 by almightybismarck »»
Apr 4, 10:55 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Jun 13, 2007

99 by TheMangaManiac »»
Mar 11, 4:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.