Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 31, 2011 2:10 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
We know that Merry have some Hidden Power that she used against Engi.
Defeat her Day dream an instant.

Yumeji picked up Engi sword and try to attack Mistletine.
That's how this episode end lol.

In the previews they doesn't show much just a small recap, looking forward for next episode.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Mar 31, 2011 9:58 PM

Jun 2010
It's kinda obvious Merry's going to end this because she saw how Engi got taken out. I hope Yumeji actually does work with the sword. I can already tell that the last episode is NOT going to be good. I hope they at least go with the manga a little.

Mar 31, 2011 11:14 PM

Jul 2009
CLIFFHANGER FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Mar 31, 2011 11:41 PM

Sep 2008
Does anyone remember John Doe?
I certainly don't.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 1, 2011 12:45 AM

Sep 2009
I hate how we can tell exactly where the cliffhanger will be.
Apr 1, 2011 12:50 AM

Jun 2008
HawthorneKitty said:
I certainly don't.

I certainly do... And I desire, that he is not to be left out this much...
Apr 1, 2011 1:28 AM

May 2009
Fuck yeah Yumeji! You got this!
Apr 1, 2011 3:16 AM

Jan 2009
By now, I'm getting slightly annoyed by Merry's frog eyes.
And I'm somewhat getting tired of this show too. It started getting dumb a few episodes back.

Oh well, go go Mistletine, win! ヽ(´ー`)ノ
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 1, 2011 3:37 AM

Apr 2008
Why doesn't he just slice Ijima-sensei with that sword :D
Apr 1, 2011 4:32 AM
Dec 2007
Great episode as always. The direction and art are simply top-notch, pus the developments are simply excellent.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Apr 1, 2011 4:45 AM

Aug 2010
Straw-Hat-Matt said:

I honestly thought that was what he was going to do.

I just want Merry to win and land a punch on her.
Apr 1, 2011 5:06 AM

Jan 2009
prismheart said:
Straw-Hat-Matt said:
I honestly thought that was what he was going to do.
Well, that's obviously because he's a dumb protagonist. Like always, what other explanation could there be? ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 1, 2011 6:36 AM
Feb 2010
I don't understand why Yumeji just doesn't kill the teacher. He was standing next to him when he picked up the sword. I would have just lunged at him.
Next episode Merry will probably see Merry power up again.
Apr 1, 2011 6:43 AM

Mar 2011
I can already tell that the last episode is NOT going to be good. I hope they at least go with the manga a little.

You will have to wait for a sequel for this. And it's a good thing. For the moment, the fillers and the manga can exist in the same time without any problem. If they put too many manga-exclusive things in the fillers, however...

I certainly don't.

They don't forget him; The fact is, he is an "ally of the truth", so his knowledge would probably be a little too useful.
Moreover he would seriously be overpowered.

Well, that's obviously because he's a dumb protagonist. Like always, what other explanation could there be? ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

Well, given the fact that killing a dream is OMGWORSTTHINGSEVERIHATEYOU, killing a human quold not really be the realistic thing for him todo, psychologically.
This, and the fact that killing someone is not as easy as people think it is.

Anyway, great episode, better than I expected.
Indeed,some Kawanami/Leon Backstory, and the action begins in fact before ep13.
Even if I find the place where they started the fight strange. I mean, what if someone is KO'ed during the fight, and ends up half dead on front of Isana's father when they wake up?

I hope we will not have keys!Merry net week, she's not supposed to control it, and it would be really strange later.
willardhwrightApr 1, 2011 7:05 AM
Apr 1, 2011 6:50 AM

Aug 2010
WTF, PULL OUT YOUR KEYS BITCH, DAMN END THIS HOE ALREADY!
Currently Watching: Durarara!!
Apr 1, 2011 6:52 AM

Aug 2010
beccca14 said:
I don't understand why Yumeji just doesn't kill the teacher. He was standing next to him when he picked up the sword. I would have just lunged at him.
yeah i was thinking the same, i would have took the sword and cut that dudes head, no hesitation
Currently Watching: Durarara!!
Apr 1, 2011 7:15 AM

Jul 2008
MeltyxBlood said:
beccca14 said:
yeah i was thinking the same, i would have took the sword and cut that dudes head, no hesitation

As I have already said in the previous episode's thread, that doesn't happen in these kind of stories, in almost any medium out there. Head to TV Tropes and see MORE examples of these!
Apr 1, 2011 8:01 AM

May 2009
it will end on april 22
so we have to wait 2-3 weeks? :)))
Apr 1, 2011 8:22 AM

Sep 2010
I am looking forward for the next ep
Apr 1, 2011 8:26 AM

Aug 2009
I wonder what might happen if Yumeji tries to use his eyes while in a day dream
Apr 1, 2011 8:34 AM

Sep 2010
I also found it extremely annoying that Yumeji didn't simply kill the teacher. It makes no sense. Sure, it might be hard psychologically to kill someone, but when that person is threatening to kill you, your friends, and the only way to stop it (short of lame, DBZ style power ups, which is what's going to happen ofc) is to kill him, it gets a lot easier. Instead, we are going to see Yumeji cause Merry to go into uber mode by getting owned.
Apr 1, 2011 9:25 AM

Aug 2010
Hmm, seems next episode might be entertaining, huh ;)

Apr 1, 2011 9:41 AM

Feb 2010
Very bland episode again. How good is the manga? Might just go and take a read of that if it's better than these last few episodes (though that's not a tough feat to accomplish, this show has flopped pretty hard)
Apr 1, 2011 9:49 AM

Apr 2010
Agree in some ways the episode could have been better but i have to say it was a pretty good episode and it really makes me wonder what's going to happen next.
Will Yumeji get hurt again will Merry go in her powerful trance again will we learn more about what Merry actually is?
Will we learn why Mistletine is out for killing other dream demons and why she considers them to be a kind of food.
And will there be a cure for everyone that lost there dream demon?
There to many questions still unanswered and i don't know whether next episode will answer them all lot's of them will be answered tho.

It became clear who Leon was after and why he was after her even going as far as willing to sacrifice himself to achieve that goal.
The question is why didn't Mistletine kill him she should have had a dozen chances to do so and she might be aware of what he is planning.
It seems she doesn't consider him a threat still why is she keeping him around?
And why did the teacher let Chizuru into his class?
Apr 1, 2011 10:59 AM

Feb 2008
too boring. if they had to take this route they could have at least resolved it with this episode and skipped the last one. the thing with john doe was ignored and blah blah. this show is just disappointing.
Apr 1, 2011 12:37 PM

Sep 2007
It's pretty obvious they're going to end up leaving the show open for a second season should JC Staff consider doing one. There are just so many unresolved issues at hand: John Doe, Elcres Pharos, and Merry herself.
Apr 1, 2011 1:10 PM

Jan 2011
Well, I do wonder how Merry can use the hidden power against Engi though D8 ..
and yet not Flower lady (yeah forgot her name.. xD;; )

I just hope, the next episode is good and not... blah :I
all in all, I liked this episode 8D
Apr 1, 2011 1:31 PM

Sep 2009
Next episode looks interesting. There's certainly a lot of things that they should've done with this episode. xD Like kill the teacher omg. /puntpunt
Apr 1, 2011 1:54 PM

Dec 2007
Yumeji looks awesome with a sword! I wonder if he has some sort of hidden power.....
Apr 1, 2011 3:54 PM

Dec 2008
Die Mistletein!!! Just Die Bitch!!!!
Leon is HOT!!!
Apr 1, 2011 4:25 PM

Sep 2009
Nice ep, but I don't get it.

Is there going to be a second season for this?

What about the Elcres Pharos, and John Doe?

I was expecting that lighthouse bastard to fight the protagonists dammit T_T
Apr 1, 2011 6:24 PM

Jul 2009
Er, OK episode. The fight was ... *sigh*. Play is dead now? Or is she still alive? I don't even know what I'm watching anymore ...
The music was good though :S
What about John Doe and everyone else, yea? Well, I guess we got somewhere - they have a gun (which they can't fire ...) yep, really useful :S
Hope next episode is good. This show has been getting worse lately -_-"
Apr 1, 2011 7:00 PM

Nov 2008
too stretched... the 4 episodes we watched could have fit into 2 episodes... Slow pace is a no-no in an action shounen series XDD Nevertheless, a solid ep.

It's not fulfilling to kill the teacher that easily. I would be satisfied if I kill Treesea then see the teacher suffer from DREAM LOSS MWAHAHA . That would be amusing and then I can kill him anytime I want LOLOL

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Apr 1, 2011 8:49 PM
Apr 2010
No lie, that little confrontation in the cafe table made me chuckle a bit.
ファイトオオオオオオオオ!!!!!!
Apr 1, 2011 8:57 PM

Aug 2009
I have a theory that Yumeji can actually visit dreams because John Doe is still inside him. I'm just speculating but how badass would it be to see John Doe come out because his vessel is getting owned?

Yeah I don't know, but that would be so awesome.
Sig iz in deh makingz

Still learningz

:3
Apr 1, 2011 11:20 PM

Apr 2009
They forgot about Merry's past D:
Apr 2, 2011 1:43 AM

Jun 2008
ClannadFreak said:
They forgot about Merry's past D:

I know right, the OP has been teasing it since the beginning and we've gotten nothing :( I am disappoint
Apr 2, 2011 3:16 AM

Jun 2008
Paiguy said:
Very bland episode again. How good is the manga? Might just go and take a read of that if it's better than these last few episodes (though that's not a tough feat to accomplish, this show has flopped pretty hard)

The Manga (at least in my opinion) is several times better.

Otaku_Hikikomori said:
I have a theory that Yumeji can actually visit dreams because John Doe is still inside him. I'm just speculating but how badass would it be to see John Doe come out because his vessel is getting owned?

Also, I'm one of the many, who are dissapointed by the anime...
Apr 2, 2011 4:34 AM

Mar 2011
GreenDrag said:
The Manga (at least in my opinion) is several times better

When you think about it, ironically, the manga is the complete opposite of the anime. The anime is slooow, the manga is so fast that sometimes you don't even have the time to understand.
But yes it is better overall (doesn't mean that the anime is bad to me though, for a filler it is quite good)

Seriously, when you see the last chapters you can only say one thing: the next season in one year (wild guess) is going to be awesome. Moreover they will have more source material, so it shouldn't be so slow anymore.

About this,there is another theory saying that he is Isana's father former dream demon/related to Isana's father somehow. It would be cool, both of them are awesome.
Apr 2, 2011 5:22 AM
Nov 2010
erm i press wrong button whoops so to correct result take away one vote from disliked it to it is ok.
the reason i think it is ok because i feel everything was in kind of a rush( maybe it was me i dont know i woke up at 4:30 am in the morning to watch it) and it did not follow the manga.
but some parts of the anime is nice especially when he picked up the sword
Apr 2, 2011 5:22 AM
Nov 2010
Game_Master said:
maybe he cant see the real world? xD
Apr 2, 2011 10:09 AM

Jan 2009
spikerdude said:
Game_Master said:
maybe he cant see the real world? xD
I'd guess all that'd happen would be that he'd get a massive headache from the intake of rainbow particles. ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
Apr 2, 2011 2:25 PM

Oct 2010
eeeehhhhhh what a cliffhanger.....
Apr 2, 2011 3:08 PM

Feb 2009
They're really dragging these last few episodes out =/. I feel like at least one of them could be cut without any loss.
Apr 2, 2011 4:25 PM

Jul 2008
So we really have to wait like three weeks for 13?
Apr 2, 2011 4:32 PM

Sep 2010
I just wanna get this over with already -_-
Apr 2, 2011 5:55 PM

Jul 2008
Straw-Hat-Matt said:

Yumeji do not fight to kill, he fight to protect.
Him killing Ijima would have been bad character wise, the whole season he was against killing: He's an idealist that beleive in a hero of justice and his hero is Merry.

Also since the start Merry was shown to be a very fast character able to speedblitz your usual dream demon and yet Engi and Merry were totally played with.
Conclusion #1: Even if Yumeji would have run and tried slicing Ijima he would have been killed on the spot before that happen and he knows it.

Yumeji's action were correct and I would probably have done the same thing. The only thing he can do now is buy time by entertaining Mistilteinn. Yumeji shouldn't be able to even get near Mistilteinn if she doesn't allow him to but he is most probably the first human ever to try fighting her so she will most probably play with him like her cat nature and carefree attitude suggest.

I'm expecting Yumeji to get at the very least deeply wounded next episode or even be killed. Merry will lose it and go into her gatekeeper mode and will send back Mistilteinn to the dream world.
I don't beleive that Merry have the power to kill Mistilteinn even in her gatekeeper mode as Mistilteinn was said to be a worthy opponent of Heracles and we all knows that Heracles owned Merry and sent her to the human world.

For people that wonder : Engi is not dead, otherwhise they would have been moved to Mistilteinn's dream world.
Apr 2, 2011 9:07 PM

Nov 2010
Waiting...oh great bullets being made from dying dreams and dream demons and double teaming the bad girl to only lose. Really want to see the ending of how everything plays out and who exactly will die.
I take this moment to say thank you: Cliffhanger.
Apr 2, 2011 10:07 PM

Jul 2010
they were all just talk(especially merry), they cant even defeat misteltin... WEAK...
and this anime is surely annoying...
i dont know if im annoyed because i've already red the manga, and the manga is 1000% better (characters were really cool in manga, its exciting) and maybe because the anime producers have their way in changing the story this much...
this anime doesn't deserve a season 2 IMO...
im really disappointed... OTL !facepalm
Apr 2, 2011 10:35 PM

Aug 2008
The first portion of this episode felt a bit tiresome to me, but we did finally get around to the rematch. I wonder how this is going to turn out. I suspect that Engi could be the sacrifice, but I think it is more likely that we get a "power of friendship/love" ending for this season.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kuro4735 - Jan 6, 2011

189 by Limi »»
Jan 6, 5:20 AM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

stevewiess01 - Apr 7, 2011

180 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 8:12 PM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 24, 2011

97 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 10, 2023 5:42 PM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stevewiess01 - Mar 3, 2011

86 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 10, 2023 4:07 PM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stevewiess01 - Feb 24, 2011

73 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 10, 2023 3:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.