Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 20, 2008 1:26 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Shirley moe~
yuzukoApr 20, 2008 1:34 AM
Apr 20, 2008 1:41 AM

Jul 2007
Who's Shirley ? :P

lol@ Kallen. Poor Lulu, he will have to do a lot of explaining to her xD

Who else thinks that Rolo is creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepy? :/
Apr 20, 2008 1:59 AM

Feb 2008
I often call her shari,but I don't know why they translate her name into Shirley~
Apr 20, 2008 2:01 AM

Jul 2007
kotone said:
I often call her shari,but I don't know why they translate her name into Shirley~

I often call her "that orange-haired girl who forgot", refusing to use her real name till she actually remembers and becomes useful to the plot again :P

Ontopic:

Ep3
AhenshihaelApr 20, 2008 2:20 AM
Apr 20, 2008 2:58 AM
Nov 2007
You know what I can't stand? Users who blatantly post SPAM messages just so they could start a topic. "Suzaku shine" or "Shirley moe" do not give any evidence that you have seen the episode. It just shows how desperate you are in creating a thread. At least have the decency to write your impression. Take Fai's post for instance.

Anyway, I haven't seen it yet. I'm waiting for MKV releases :D
radiantfireApr 20, 2008 3:01 AM
Apr 20, 2008 5:59 AM

Nov 2007
Burebureburebure..UAAAAAAAH
this thing is a beast!! sooo frickin complicated! lol but that's what makes CG so awesome.. :P

Suzaku=hate.
Rollo=scary
Lelouch=Tensai.
CC=jokester
Shirley=Moe shoujo

And again CG leaves us with such a cliffhanger...
kudos to the creators. how are they even able to do this kind of tension episode by episode? :D
GJ.

@radiantfire: have you ever thought that there are people who watch "the RAWs"? :)
btw I don't watch the raws though... it's just Korean fansubbing is much faster than usual Eng hardsubs. lol

kimatg on | blog | pixiv | deviantART
Apr 20, 2008 7:39 AM

Oct 2007
Suzaku is being his Deus-ex-machina again with a classic/cliche ''teki wa tada ikki da''. It makes me facepalm.

My kingdom for a bottle of plum juice!
Apr 20, 2008 9:52 AM

Jan 2008
suzaku like always sux....shirley iss the best...hm kallen semi-naked...again??pervs..
I am the bone of my sword.Steel is my body, and fire is my blood.
Apr 20, 2008 10:04 AM

Mar 2008
no matter how many times I see it, Rolo's Geass just reminds me of DIO's "THE WORLD".
Apr 20, 2008 11:25 AM

Jan 2008
Interesting episode, especially last minute or so.

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Apr 20, 2008 12:44 PM

Aug 2007
Hmm...Rolo seems to think too much of his "brother" status with Lelouch. Seems like he wanted to be Lulu's brother and was jealous of Nunnally perhaps.

His Geass is pretty cheap..

Also the United States of Japan seems to be in a big mess.
Apr 20, 2008 12:58 PM

Feb 2008
Rolo seems to be a big problem for Lelouch but he also seem to see Lelouch as his real brother.

I would like to know more about him :P
Apr 20, 2008 12:59 PM

Dec 2007
Everything seems to be going on at once.. Looks like it'll be pretty hard for Lelouch to get out of all these at once :P
Apr 20, 2008 1:03 PM

Jan 2007
same old types of tricks by Lelouch. I love it. Can't wait to see how he gets out of this one and save all the members.
Faust721Apr 20, 2008 1:22 PM
Apr 20, 2008 1:03 PM

Aug 2007
this anime is too good.
Apr 20, 2008 1:10 PM

Feb 2008
Rolo's geass seems pretty awesome to me. Especially last episode when he was in a Knightmare. That was a great scene when he took out their own operative that may have overheard him and Villetta. Can't wait to see how Lelouch gets out of this jam. Another awesome episode.
Apr 20, 2008 1:16 PM
Aug 2007
kickass

can't wait till next week
Apr 20, 2008 1:17 PM

Oct 2007
I wonder how Lelouch's gonna get himself out of this one.

Apr 20, 2008 1:39 PM

Jun 2007
Pretty entertaining. Although I do wonder how he managed to disappear out of that dressing room oO
Apr 20, 2008 1:48 PM

Aug 2007
mulderman said:
Pretty entertaining. Although I do wonder how he managed to disappear out of that dressing room oO

Think he just walked out when Shirley went outside the store to check what was going on.
Apr 20, 2008 1:54 PM

Jul 2007
This episode was so win. Tons of screentime for Shirley, once even with the Masquerade insert-song at some point. C.C.'s comments sharp as ever "We can see~". Rolo's Geass is way cool -unlike Rolo himself- and as mentioned, it'll indeed be interesting to see how Lelouch will handle that. Sucks that it'll take another week to find out! Ah and.. Kallen apparently solely in charge of fanservice for Code Geass R2 : P

Final thought: I wonder what it would be like if Rolo "overused" his geass.. would time stop completely for him? >_<
Apr 20, 2008 1:57 PM
Dec 2007
Everything i would say has already been covered ^^

R2 is awsome xD
Apr 20, 2008 2:00 PM

Jul 2007
Another great episode, I wonder what Lelouch is planning, I can't wait for the next episode.
Apr 20, 2008 2:02 PM

Jan 2008
is there such thing as an anime too good?? lol, this just keeps getting better and better...
Apr 20, 2008 2:11 PM

Jun 2007
It keeps the first sessions level. That is pretty awesome and rare for a sequel.
Apr 20, 2008 2:20 PM
Nov 2007
Pretty nice, I'm looking forward to the position the Chinese (or that swordguy in particular) will take.

If I'm not mistaken Kallen only knows that Lelouch is Zero not that he actually is Lelouch di Brittanica instead of Lelouch Lamperouge. This will give her some more interesting.., ehm no, different value for the rest of the series.
Apr 20, 2008 2:31 PM

Apr 2008
Another good episode, can't wait till next week XD

Apr 20, 2008 2:40 PM

Oct 2007
4/5

Need a lot more C.C and Kallen interacting, I have high hopes for them if they go with a triangle.
Apr 20, 2008 2:43 PM

Feb 2008
So Rolo's Geass can stop time for other people (or just makes something similar to it), that sure is a ubber powered ability.
Wonder how Lelouch will get out of that situation. Sucks we have to wait another week to find out =/
Apr 20, 2008 2:44 PM

Feb 2008
I loved this episode for sure but one thing confused me a little bit. I watched last season of CG a couple months ago fansubbed by [gg] and I could have sworn that the repeatability restriction on Lelouch's geass was that he couldn't give the same command twice to the same person - not that he couldn't command the same person twice - which is what I thought they said in this episode. Did I completely misread that? Or did anyone else get that impression as well?
TrojunApr 20, 2008 3:18 PM
Apr 20, 2008 2:54 PM

Aug 2007
I cant believe the cliffhangers in this show, they should just air it all at once so we dont have to wait week after week to see whats next (or let us pay $$ to watch the all online). Great episode 5/5
Apr 20, 2008 3:07 PM

Feb 2008
man one thing after another after another. i can only imagine that the last eppisode will be another hanger.
Apr 20, 2008 3:14 PM

Oct 2007
Wow, Shirley needs to stop existing. Annnoooyyying. Sorry, Shirley fans x]

Personally, I think Rollo's geass is awesome. At least it's not a copy of anybody else's. Could it be that geass is different for each person? They might have said that in an episode of the first season, but I don't remember XD
Rollo is so brutal! I like him though, so very questionable x]

Lulu in so many different outfits<3 *o*
Li was sexy as usual...but what are the Chinese up to...?
And just where is Nunally? =O

Finally, we get to see Schneizel! Next better be Lloyd (and Cecile, too, would be nice)...
So Kallen and C.C. talk for a few moments. That was a great scene XD
I'm glad Lulu pulled off going back to school :3
I especially liked the scene where Lulu was looking at the album and Rollo walks in. Poor Lulu, his fake brother stealing his real sister's birthday :[
And the whole Rollo being all suspicious and then all posessive of the locket...

Damn that leaked six minutes! It screwed this episode's awesomeness for me >.<
Can't wait for the next episode as usual~~
Apr 20, 2008 3:18 PM

Feb 2008
Another great episode.

C.C. is still made of win, and she still owns Kallen every chance that she get (poor Kallen if C.C. actually get jealous of her like she was of Shirley last season).

However, Shirley's presence in anime just makes me irritated. She's so dumb.

Nina is also not on school pictures - probably working with Lloyd and Cecile. If she is working undercover with him, I wonder if Milly still has memories of her engagement...

Is it only me or did Villetta actually made a painful expression when they said on TV terrorists will be executed and camera was on Kaname? I so hope to see them interact soon... see the error of your ways Villetta and join the dark side already.

And Rollo... he's starting to really, really grow on me. One of the coolest characters of R2 so far. He was so sweet when he didn't want to let go of locket.

One thing I don't get... what was the purpose of three minutes we had to watch Suzaku doing absolutely nothing useful? Those three minutes could've been used in much interesting ways... like more scenes of C.C. owning Kallen.

And I really do hope writers are planning to pair up Kallen and Lee... Lulu's harem's got to go. Plus, Kallen deserves so much more than being treated as a fanservice. :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 20, 2008 3:20 PM

Jan 2008
I restrained myself from watching the last 6 minutes because I knew it would be less enjoyable to watch and it really let the ending for the episode be a lot more intense. The second season so far is definitely holding up to the first and I can't wait to find out what other surprise they plan on throwing at us.
Apr 20, 2008 3:30 PM

Aug 2007
Westlo said:
4/5

Need a lot more C.C and Kallen interacting, I have high hopes for them if they go with a triangle.

yes.
Apr 20, 2008 3:59 PM

Jul 2007
this one was better then the first 2. but srsly.. stop time!?

tho it still needs more Lloyd !!!
Apr 20, 2008 4:11 PM

Oct 2007
It was pretty good. I liked the C.C and Kallen interaction. There needs to be more. Anyways, I can't wait for the next episode.
Apr 20, 2008 4:31 PM

Oct 2007
So much development and I'm glad it gave some kind of reason why, everything is the way it is on campus. Rollo's Geass is awesome and it instantly reminded me of the bad girl in Trigun (forgot her name) :D. I also liked how Lelouch planned all that just to get some alone time with Rollo but I guess it didn't work out. But I really want to know what Rollo thinks of Lelouch, because he really cares about that locket.

Can't wait for next intense episode. ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 20, 2008 4:34 PM

Sep 2007
Mathes said:
It keeps the first sessions level. That is pretty awesome and rare for a sequel.

nuff said

Apr 20, 2008 4:47 PM

Nov 2007
Damn Rolo...but time stop is cool too.
Apr 20, 2008 4:53 PM

Aug 2007
Interesting episode, and as always, can't wait for the next one.
Apr 20, 2008 4:56 PM

Apr 2007
I'm wondering if there are any limitations to Rollo's geass... it obviously only "stops time" to the persons affected, not time itself, but can it be used on anyone as often as he wants? Plus no eye contact needed, just proximity, if that red spherish effect was any indication. That would be way too overpowered... yet I assume it works more than once, because as Villetta seems to know of his geass she was most likely present when he used at some earlier time, no?
Soo... will he get a nosebleed if he uses it too often/frequently? Can he only use it once every n hours? Depressions/nervous breakdowns (my preeeciousssss- erm, locket)?
Otherwise it would feel too imbalanced, I think. On the other hand, if Lulu outwits him nonetheless, handicap and all, that would be yet another chance to boost his awesomeness! :3
Apr 20, 2008 5:03 PM

Mar 2007
Well to answer the 'WTH is that 3 min used for Suzu when he does nothing?'. He was shown to bring attention to the fact that the Code Geass world does not just consist of the Chinese and the Britiania. The Chinese sword guy seems to have figured that his leader was geassed me thinks. Rollo doesn't have limit that I know of, he used his Geass at least 2 times in the 2nd episode (on the black knight mechs, and then Kallen...) so theres a good chance that he can use it again if necessary. Lulus only way out it seems is by talking or Geassing....

EDIT: Let me rephrase what I said about Rollo's ability, he can use it several times within a short span, but he can only use it once per person like Lulu, this is also sort of a conduct for most Geasses (unless you're Mao or possibly the king), and that locket contains something powerful in it, or Rollo just has the hots for Lulu o.0
SukotsutsuApr 20, 2008 5:15 PM

Dibs on Ishida!
Apr 20, 2008 5:09 PM

Nov 2007
otakubaybay said:
Poor Lulu, his fake brother stealing his real sister's birthday :[

Great ep. But I wonder what if Rolo didn't steal Nunnally birthday... I mean if he really is Lelouch otouto... but he was taken by his father... I know that is far-fetched....but why not :P
Apr 20, 2008 5:53 PM

Jul 2007
CODE GEASS IS #1

GOD I WANT EP 4, AND 5, AND 6 ETC ETC.

I loved episode 3, never have I seen a show keep more more interested.
All the mods fucking blow on this website except Kaiserpingvin, Cloudy-Sky, Baman and aero. PM me if you're actually good and I left you out.

Oh, rule 8...

( ̄ー ̄)
Apr 20, 2008 6:16 PM

Oct 2007
ender650 said:
I cant believe the cliffhangers in this show, they should just air it all at once so we dont have to wait week after week to see whats next (or let us pay $$ to watch the all online). Great episode 5/5

Or at least air it everday like Chi's sweet Home
Apr 20, 2008 6:19 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Rollo's Geass has the following apparent limitations:

-It has an area limitation.
-It has a time limit.

Also I was wondering why doesn't he stab or shoot Lelouch while the time is stopped???
Maybe it's because of some unknown restriction?

possible limitations:

-what happen when you close your eyes? Does the geass affect you?

Talking about eyes... did Nunally ever open her eyes? Is there a good reason for her to be blind? Maybe the producers "planned" something related to that? The last thing I want is that when Nunally finally opens her eyes, we'd see geass....XD

Clearly, Rolo has be geassed too (his memories altered)
wakka9caApr 20, 2008 6:25 PM
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 20, 2008 6:22 PM

Mar 2007
wakka9ca said:
Rollo's Geass has the following apparent limitations:

-It has an area limitation.
-It has a time limit.

Also I was wondering why does he stab Lelouch while the time is stopped???
Maybe it's because of some unknown restriction?

possible limitations:

-what happen when you close your eyes? Does the geass affect you?

Talking about eyes... did Nunally ever open her eyes? Is there a good reason for her to be blind? Maybe the producers "planned" something related to that?

I'm pretty sure someone has said in one of the manga stories she has a geass ability, i forgot what it was tho. As for Rollo stabbing Lulu, I guess I failed to catch that, i thought he just took the gun, i'm guessing it was to cause some pain to Lulu to distract him or something

Dibs on Ishida!
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Dremark - Sep 7, 2008

431 by sharosharo »»
May 16, 8:09 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dtshyk - Aug 31, 2008

575 by sharosharo »»
May 16, 7:36 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Aug 24, 2008

301 by sharosharo »»
May 16, 7:02 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Aug 17, 2008

437 by sharosharo »»
May 16, 6:17 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nihil - Aug 10, 2008

365 by sharosharo »»
May 16, 5:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.