Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 25, 2019 8:06 PM
Jun 2017
i love this episode as it highlights the 1st civilization post petrification, on how Byakuya and the others live their life there, raise some kids, and form the 1st civilizations... (its just sad that Pneumonia killed them)...

i love how how that story has been passed from generations to generations up until Senku arrives...
Oct 25, 2019 8:16 PM

Jan 2009
Ahri-is-cute said:
Sooo did Byakuya marry that girl and get some children from her or not ?

obviously since Lillian genes has been pass on to her descendants Ruri and Kohaku
Oct 25, 2019 8:20 PM

Oct 2015
When they implied Byakuya was not Senku's father, I think it was done to set Kohaku with him. They didn't want viewers to be disgusted by the notion that she could be her relative.

First time seeing Senku cry, and I must say it shows the compassionate side of him.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 25, 2019 8:23 PM
Oct 2019
For anyone who questions about Astronauts being unable to make a huge a civilization:

1) Most of them unfortunately died before they could pass the knowledge of their expertise.
2) Even if #1 is solved, they have no way to make materials of such expertise from scratch especially on what they are currently lived. For instance, the Doctors could not make the Sulfa drug without the materials needed that Senku have. As such, this lead the Doctors to disappear without returning.
3) Ishigami Village could not go beyond 50 of population due to major reason, which is actually a huge spoiler for would-be Season 2 anime.

Dominator-IVOct 25, 2019 8:28 PM
Oct 25, 2019 8:26 PM

Oct 2019
RunSpinAwaker said:
I'm 10 billion percent crying after watching this episode. I know I read the chapters adapted from it before this episode's airing, but damn, the final scenes with Byakuya and his final message to his son hit me so hard right now.

It's really a heartbreaking conclusion to the astronauts' flashback mini-arc.

So true :(, can't help myself when i see senku crying
Oct 25, 2019 8:36 PM

Mar 2012
Dominator-IV said:
For anyone who questions about Astronauts being unable to make a huge a civilization:

1) Most of them unfortunately died before they could pass the knowledge of their expertise.
2) Even if #1 is solved, they have no way to make materials of such expertise from scratch especially on what they are currently lived. For instance, the Doctors could not make the Sulfa drug without the materials needed that Senku have. As such, this lead the Doctors to disappear without returning.
3) Ishigami Village could not go beyond 50 of population due to major reason, which is actually a huge spoiler for would-be Season 2 anime.
Even with the spoiler, that's not a very good explanation. In fact it just makes it more laughable that they didn't all die out long ago with no genetic diversity due to the small gene pool with ongoing illness AND that spoiler on top of it all.

This series has been a breath of fresh air for me but eventually we were going to get to a place where science would be completely ignored for the sake of plot and storytelling.
Oct 25, 2019 8:39 PM

Jun 2019
Finally!
The battle of Science Kingdom and Tsukasa's kingdom will begin!
7 episodes later will be more fun to me.
Oct 25, 2019 8:43 PM

Jun 2019
akihikosama said:
So let me get this straight, in 3700 years they only have a village of 40 adults and stone age technology? I'm really hoping there is more to it than just that.

The answer is Pneumonia.
Oct 25, 2019 8:44 PM
Feb 2016
Goddamn that was sad. Sad to see his father go like that, along with Lillian too. Sucks that she died first before him, but in a stone world without medicine life is incredibly difficult now.

And Kohaku getting worried that they were all related to Senku, only to find out he and his father aren't blood related. And we all know why she was concerned lol, she's warmin up to him.

Oct 25, 2019 8:55 PM

Jun 2019
prodmols said:
this episode got me fucked up man

I feel like Senku and his dad not being blood-related is a little weird, they look the same. Maybe it's so if Ruri and he get together it isn't prehistoric incest.

very nice episode. got me emotional which is really rare for shows

Both in manga and anime, senku said like this. I just found it confusing me.
But let consider that Byakuya is her uncle.
Oct 25, 2019 8:59 PM

Aug 2015
I'm still not understanding how Senku was awoken on the same landmass as the village the astronauts started. Senku's dad said they were aiming for an island of the coast of South America, since that was the origin point of petrification. How did Senku and all these Japanese people get to that islands get near that island, or how did that village suddenly appear in Japan? I guess landmasses can change due?(Obviously not a geologist) But, either that was a translational error or a major plot hole.
Oct 25, 2019 9:14 PM

Sep 2018
Topgunnah said:
I'm still not understanding how Senku was awoken on the same landmass as the village the astronauts started. Senku's dad said they were aiming for an island of the coast of South America, since that was the origin point of petrification. How did Senku and all these Japanese people get to that islands get near that island, or how did that village suddenly appear in Japan? I guess landmasses can change due?(Obviously not a geologist) But, either that was a translational error or a major plot hole.

you may have missed it, but they explain how they made sure they would go to japan with a certain type of rock being a goal to find, I didn't put enough time to really make sure it would actually work, but they 100% (or should i say ten billion) went over that in the ep.
Oct 25, 2019 9:28 PM

Mar 2019
One Hundred Feelings and a Thousand Tears...

Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Oct 25, 2019 9:34 PM

Oct 2017
A very good adaptation, quite different from the original material, I felt like I was seeing the story for the first time.
An enjoyable episode.

So many questions, so many mysteries, this is exhilarating.
Oct 25, 2019 10:03 PM
Oct 2019
MetaKite said:
Even with the spoiler, that's not a very good explanation. In fact it just makes it more laughable that they didn't all die out long ago with no genetic diversity due to the small gene pool with ongoing illness AND that spoiler on top of it all.

This series has been a breath of fresh air for me but eventually we were going to get to a place where science would be completely ignored for the sake of plot and storytelling.

6 Astronauts making 49 people for 3,700 years was still impressive while we have 2 different stories on how humanity was born, and 1 real life story.

1st has the biblical belief on how we are descended from first 2 human, Adam and Eve.
2nd has the theory where we are descended from single-celled organism.
3rd is nothing related to above but a popular known story about Genghis Khan having sleep with many women to the point that 16 million people today are descended from him. This get further balanced as Genghis Khan goes on laying waste on every land he conquers and adventure (this is small scale of apocalypse compared to what Dr. Stone's Earth received).

Now I forgot about this, we have historical study where our humanity is almost at the brink of extinction during Ice Age (70,000 B.C.) as that time they are reduced to thousands (some claims they are reduced to 40. Others go for hundreds).

The 6 Astronauts right here are a teacher, a pilot, a diva, 2 doctors, and a NASA personnel. There's a lack of:

Oct 25, 2019 10:17 PM

Mar 2012
Dominator-IV said:
MetaKite said:

6 Astronauts making 49 people for 3,700 years was still impressive while we have 2 different stories on how humanity was born, and 1 real life story.

1st has the biblical belief on how we are descended from first 2 human, Adam and Eve.
2nd has the theory where we are descended from single-celled organism.
3rd is nothing related to above but a popular known story about Genghis Khan having sleep with many women to the point that 16 million people today are descended from him. This get further balanced as Genghis Khan goes on laying waste on every land he conquers and adventure (this is small scale of apocalypse compared to what Dr. Stone's Earth received).

Now I forgot about this, we have historical study where our humanity is almost at the brink of extinction during Ice Age (70,000 B.C.) as that time they are reduced to thousands (some claims they are reduced to 40. Others go for hundreds).

The 6 Astronauts right here are a teacher, a pilot, a diva, 2 doctors, and a NASA personnel. There's a lack of:

No offense but it just sounds like you are drinking the cool aid of the story and not really caring about the real world implications being ignored in story. You just want to defend the ideas presented and not question the plausibility. I'm seriously not going to discuss the bible as a source of anything other than the obvious parallel made in this story. I care only about real scientific facts and not theories.

Also, I highly doubt that most those women were a mere generation removed from Ghengis Khan and their were plenty more of other men besides Khan (his army). Meaning there was quite a bit genetic diversity even if he impregnated nearly every girl and woman in the lands he ravaged so it is pointless to mention.
Oct 25, 2019 11:17 PM
Oct 2019
For people thinking Ishigami village's current state doesn't make sense, consider the following.
For a long, unspecified amount of time, Ishigami village was not in Japan. It was on a small island offshore. The two Astronauts that tried to reach Japan, they never returned. Byakuya made the first story about Japan, so that one day, some descendants will reach Japan. This is extremely important, mainly for two reasons.

First, if they had landed in any mainland country, they would have access to technology and knowledge. If they had access to a library, access to paper and pens, even 6 people would be able to keep all of humanity's knowledge intact. So for plot reasons, they landed on an uninhabited island, and never made it to mainland until after all signs of civilization were lost to time. This significantly hampered their ability to progress. That's one factor in why the village is still at a prehistoric level of technological development.

If that isn't convincing enough, then there's the season point. This parallels reality. We actually still have people groups that were isolated on remote islands thousands of years ago. Their civilization is more or less similar to one depicted here. Population remaining relatively small, being isolated also making them isolated from a lot of the world's common diseases, and technologically stuck in prehistoric levels. This isn't a fantasy scenario. It mirrors current day reality. There's still people that are living in a so-called "Stone World" scenario, right now.

Ishigami village did eventually make it to mainland Japan after an unspecified amount of time, but given that they never found any traces of civilization, we can assume it was potentially thousands of years before they did so. They lived on that small island, with extremely limited resources. That limited their growth, their population as well as their understanding of the world, while also protecting them from the world in its own way, letting them live in that bubble.

The writer actually put a lot of thought into it. They didn't land on the random island for no reason. There's actual thought put into why they landed where they did. It was to specifically allow humanity to fall, while letting a small settlement survive.
Oct 25, 2019 11:39 PM
Oct 2007
The day we watch humanity restored and them going to space again is going to be GLORIOUS!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 26, 2019 1:11 AM

Apr 2015
FuMomo-kun said:
kidlat020 said:

did you missed the part where they found a petrified person in where they landed? that pretty much sealed the deal. they have to start from scratch.

No, they can still find the buildings and everything else. Only the people and a kind of bird were petrified. Finding a safe place to live before having kids is the intelligent thing to do.

then you missed the part wherein where they landed is supposed to be the safest and by safest I mean the farthest away from the petrification epicenter. and they still found petrified people. THAT is where they have to draw the conclusion that any semblance of civilization is gone and they are the 6 people left in the entire world.
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Oct 26, 2019 1:13 AM
Jul 2018
That was emotional, teared up a bit when Senku cried
Oct 26, 2019 1:29 AM

May 2018
el3mel said:
Only thing that irritated me was Lilian voice actor is clearly different when she signs which doesn't make any kind of sense to me. Why didn't they get a VA with a good singing voice from the start then ?

Probably couldn't find a voice actress that's both fluent in Japanese and English
Oct 26, 2019 1:46 AM
Aug 2019
As everyone, i will make hypothesis about how the story of the village could be plausible. (i'm an anime only, these are just hypothesis from my mind).

If every couple had something like 7 children each, it would maybe make sense, but it isn't the case, so there is not many ways that it could have worked.
Either the author do not care about that (which i hope not), or there are people who "came" after. we don't know if senku is the first one to be unpetrified. so the inbreeding aspect could be easily solved if the author wanted to, by introducing more characters, or maybe some people weren't petrified from the beginning for i don't know what reason (do we know if people in planes where petrified? i don't remember if we saw a plane crash or not during the first episode).

But even with that, there are still questions to answer. Why are they not more numerous after all this time?

1. it makes a lot less time than what senku think since the petrifaction. but the problem is that with the stars that are in a very different place than before he had a confirmation of the fact the they are petrified since so long (sadly, because it would have made much more sense if it was only hundreds years).

2.there are others villages nearby or far away.
but there is a problem here. it is posssible that there is still a village on the island but that at some point some of them or all of them left the island to the mainland/main island. So an explanation could be that, lik the greek during the archaic greece, there was not enough ressources on the island, or some of them wanted to leave so a part of them left but way after the petrification (hundreds years after).

HOWEVER:

Why is senku's father's grave on the main island????

It doesn't make any sense. and i think it is the main problem among all the others. Because if he died on the island his grave shouln't be here. And if he travelled on the main land before his death, the village should have more technology than they have now because the world would have just been petrified since years/decades.

I don't know what but if the story make sens something is wrong here, or someone lied, and i really hope the story make sense, because if not it would ruin the show for me. It was presented as a rational show (even if the premise is not and there are some exaggerations) so there can be so huge plot holes.

So my prefered theory is that it makes less than thousands of years since the petrification and that there are maybe other people who came before senku. It would make more sense, even if the problem is that we don't see any ruin of buildings...
Moreover, how did senku finish on the ground while he was not on the ground (he was at the second/third floor of the building) when the petrifaction occured?

There are too many questions xd i hope everything will be answered (and people who read the manga, let us enjoy and make our hypothesis, there is no need to tell us "you will know it later", it really kills the fun).
Oct 26, 2019 2:16 AM
Apr 2013
Super-Goku-64 said:
Play2X said:
The story continues to be predictable as a Michel Bay Movie, and roughly as interesting. Quite honestly, the Tsukasa Empire part can go fuck itself for all I care. The only things that keep me somewhat interested in continuing this piece of shit are Kohaku and the still open mystery of what caused the petrification (so that I can that into pieces as well).

Is awesome anime what's your problem?

No, badly written ones are a problem to me, however...
And this one is clearly on the badly written and predictable side.
Oct 26, 2019 2:27 AM
Sep 2016
LOL This thing is overloaded with plotholes.
But I guess if you can somehow ignore them, it's watchable. At least it's not a waste of time. Watch it as a popcorn show or sth.
Oct 26, 2019 2:33 AM

May 2015
The feels all throughout the episode, and the ending was so damn hype. This is why dr stone is crazy good
Oct 26, 2019 3:26 AM
Jul 2019
sprite-1 said:
el3mel said:
Only thing that irritated me was Lilian voice actor is clearly different when she signs which doesn't make any kind of sense to me. Why didn't they get a VA with a good singing voice from the start then ?

Probably couldn't find a voice actress that's both fluent in Japanese and English

Could just sing in Japanese. Why singing in English from the start anyway.
Oct 26, 2019 3:31 AM
Sep 2019
Best plot.. Very sad this story.. Make me cry.. Really.. vote 1000/10
Oct 26, 2019 3:33 AM
Jul 2019
nazsa said:
LOL This thing is overloaded with plotholes.
But I guess if you can somehow ignore them, it's watchable. At least it's not a waste of time. Watch it as a popcorn show or sth.

We actually can't see it has plot holes or not till the entire story is complete and see if the writer missed these questions or not. As for now, we are still in season 1 of a long series and I'm not sure this will be the end of explanation of the world. Let's be patient a little bit.
Oct 26, 2019 3:45 AM
Oct 2019
el3mel said:
sprite-1 said:

There's an important reason that there is a foreign language spoken in a Japanese-adapted anime. Unfortunately, I cannot give it because it is a big spoiler on future episodes or Season 2 episodes.
Oct 26, 2019 4:05 AM

Jul 2016
lihle808 said:
When they implied Byakuya was not Senku's father, I think it was done to set Kohaku with him. They didn't want viewers to be disgusted by the notion that she could be her relative.

First time seeing Senku cry, and I must say it shows the compassionate side of him.

Yeah the weird non family member thing was out of place.
Oct 26, 2019 4:23 AM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
This is by far the best episode of the series thus far, not once did it distract from the experience with shitty gags and it was overall really well directed, really shows what this series could have been if done right.
Oct 26, 2019 4:36 AM

May 2018
el3mel said:
sprite-1 said:

She was supposed to be an American pop idol
Oct 26, 2019 4:52 AM
Apr 2015
Byakuga best dad 2019 easily. Such a good episode, so many tears.
Oct 26, 2019 6:05 AM

Jan 2016
Best episode so far
Oct 26, 2019 6:16 AM
Jul 2019
Dominator-IV said:
el3mel said:

There's an important reason that there is a foreign language spoken in a Japanese-adapted anime. Unfortunately, I cannot give it because it is a big spoiler on future episodes or Season 2 episodes.

Oh, if so then I'm gonna wait. Thanks for the information.
Oct 26, 2019 7:25 AM

Aug 2016
This episode was really nice and it touch those feels, but I still think all we need was in this episode, I think episode 16 was more or less pointless.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 26, 2019 8:31 AM

Jun 2019
The fact that people expect answers right away and straight call out ''plot holes'' ''bad writing'' ''shitty show'' ''doesn't make any sense'' if the didn't get one on the go is beyond me.
Many other people actually did this this on the beginning of the show before eating their words later cause the actual got answers after few episodes. Sure am not saying that you shouldn't be questioning about thing but taking the opportunity to shit on the show even tho it not done yet, even tho the manga is not done yet and is nowhere near close to be, you should not start talking shit on it that's just stupid.
Oct 26, 2019 8:40 AM

Jun 2017
Such a tearful episode, I honestly shed some tears, even Senku did, poor Byakuya, being alone in the end, but he's such a nice guy and also a smart one. The Hundred Tales really helped Senku out in the end. Senku's, well, legal Dad still thought about him even if he knew it might be thousands of years later, the hundred tales were passed down without a hitch.

Also hyped about the next episode, Tsukasa's army will finally attack, they better be prepared.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Oct 26, 2019 8:51 AM

Jun 2013
Great episode and Byakuya was such an amazing guy and next episode war is coming
Oct 26, 2019 8:55 AM

Mar 2018
I didn't laugh one bit this episode. And I absolutely loved it! To think there would be an episode packed with so much emotion.. Dr. Stone may actually come to my list of masterpieces, depending on the next episode.
Tsukasa is coming.. This is exhilarating

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Oct 26, 2019 9:44 AM

May 2016
PERFECT is not the right word to describe the greatness of this episode my tears
couldn't stop from falling down.

R.I.P Byakuya and the rest of the crew your death won't be in vain.

The thing that I hit me hard was the fact if they only could leave the island the whole story would have been different.
Oct 26, 2019 10:07 AM

Aug 2018
What are you doing to me you are breaking me a part very sad
Oct 26, 2019 10:16 AM

Oct 2008
It gives me creeps on how perfect and emotional this episode was!
5/5.

Oct 26, 2019 10:30 AM
Jul 2016
Confused about one thing. Isn't the village in Japan? I remember they passed through Hakone on their way there. But Senku's father is on a tiny island, isn't he?
Oct 26, 2019 11:16 AM

Jul 2019
where was the feels warning in my science show??
Oct 26, 2019 11:23 AM

Aug 2018
I was about ready to drop this show on episode 14 but decided to wait for one more episode and I have to say the past 3 episodes have been quite enjoyable. Hope it continues in this direction.

Bumping my score from a 4 to a 6 for now. Also some irl friends and my younger brother seem to love this show so good job Dr.Stone.
<Insert clever quote>
Oct 26, 2019 11:26 AM
Dec 2014
That was a fu**ing good episode
Oct 26, 2019 12:07 PM

Nov 2012
Wow this series just gets better and better as it goes on, can't wait for the stone wars.

Feel sad for Senku & Byakuya not getting a reunion, really started to like Byakuya as a character too, glad he could at least support senku as best he could from his time and place :))
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Oct 26, 2019 12:29 PM

Dec 2013
"Dr. Stone" aka "F*ck logic" xD
Anyway, I'm still enjoying this, despite its evident flaws. What surprised the most in this episode is that Byakuya wasn't Senku's biological father. But why make them both look alike then?
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Senkuu is not as smart as he think he is

Cravun - Mar 13, 2023

4 by DigiCat »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2019

178 by EarthWoven »»
May 15, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Syureria - Dec 13, 2019

337 by Colonel-Maskou »»
May 14, 1:58 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2019

315 by ShawnRM »»
May 13, 9:51 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2019

163 by Mabaya »»
May 4, 7:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.