Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 4, 2019 7:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm so after that battle, only four of them made it alive. Grats to them..I guess. The reality of being a demon slayer is not easy.

But hey, at least Tanjirou became what he wanted to after all his hard work. Hell, I'm proud of him. Urokodaki's scenes were priceless to watch, what a goofy guy.
Stark700May 4, 2019 8:04 AM
May 4, 2019 8:55 AM

Apr 2018
protect da lolis :D
And yeah Good episode as usual. But the pacing is a bit too slow imo.
and damn tanjirou is a savage, he just casually break people's arm. Lol
May 4, 2019 9:30 AM

Aug 2013
Only four of them made it.

Tanjirou got his first mission and a new sword.

May 4, 2019 9:30 AM

Aug 2008
dang, lol wen't so fast ...
The spider is watching
May 4, 2019 9:31 AM

Aug 2017
Wow, only four of them.

That was pretty brutal.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 4, 2019 9:36 AM

Feb 2018
Best demon imouto is baaaack! That hug too, great
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
May 4, 2019 9:36 AM

May 2017
Wow this is so good, the whole episode went by in a flash. Next episode Tanjiro on his first assignment, I'm pretty excited for that but 7 days feel too long.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 4, 2019 9:38 AM

Feb 2008
Only four of them made it, but the guy with the crow with a scarf said five made it. Its that a translation error or something else?
May 4, 2019 9:39 AM

Nov 2016
I loved it how Tanjirou showed compassion to that demon, you just know that he can relate to his pain too well.

Then we had the reunion between him and Nezuko, which was cute, but it felt kinda anticlimatic compared to the emotions shown before.

And boy, looking forward to that first job. Go save them girls!

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 4, 2019 9:40 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Fucking hell, that reunion got me teary-eyed, amazing OST to accompany it.
May 4, 2019 9:41 AM

Mar 2019
That guy being so rude with loli with white hair was so unnecessary
bkptoolsMay 4, 2019 9:55 AM
May 4, 2019 9:42 AM

Dec 2016
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm so after that battle, only four of them made it alive. Grats to them..I guess. The reality of being a demon slayer is not easy.

But hey, at least Tanjirou became what he wanted to after all his hard work. Hell, I'm proud of him. Urokodaki's scenes were priceless to watch, what a goofy guy.

Actually 5, the 5th one isn't there.
May 4, 2019 9:44 AM

Mar 2016
Only four? The character that appeared at minute 12:56 said 5 survived the test, did I missed something or the subs are wrong?

It's in spanish, but there says "So five survived."

Tanjirou just got his sword and has his first mission, can't wait to see.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

May 4, 2019 9:45 AM

Jan 2015
Once again Ufotable is doing justice and even more to the manga.
They extended Pile O’ Hands’s backstory, I truly appreciated that.
And that sad OST, damn
This was a very emotional episode from beginning to end, got goosebumps several times.
Zenitsu’s so cute tho, can’t wait to see him in action.

The ending was HYPE! Tanjirou’s first assignment as a Demon Hunter is here!

XenocrisiMay 4, 2019 10:20 AM
May 4, 2019 9:47 AM

Dec 2016
Crimsonguy said:
Only four of them made it, but the guy with the crow with a scarf said five made it. Its that a translation error or something else?

No it 5, just that the 5th one not there.
May 4, 2019 9:51 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode as always.

Only five survived eh? That's harsh, but it seemed like we saw only 4 people. The guy who kept asking for the Katana cracked me up. The test invigilators kept talking about all this other stuff and all that guy ever wanted was the Katana. XD

The girl who survived was pretty cute, I hope we see more of her.

The reunion was very touching, I almost teared up and the soundtrack was great.

A black katana, I'd say that's still pretty cool. Wonder if it has some meaning. The sword smith seems like an interesting guy. xD

Tanjuro receives his first mission, looking forward to next week.
May 4, 2019 9:52 AM

Sep 2018
When i first heard that 4 of them (but that guy with a crow said 5?) survived out of around 20 and then there's 15 pieces of ore, that ore is made from the ones that died but i guess not. That one guy was in a real hurry to get his sword...

And Nezuko welcoming Tanjiro with a hug was soo cute
(Nezuko best imouto of spring 2019.)
FarmaceutMay 4, 2019 9:57 AM
well that's just my opinion.....
May 4, 2019 9:58 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Damm that flashback scene showing the origin of Tanjiro's opponent was really something. Its good that he was able to avenge all of his fellow disciples by winning here. As expected of a test for elite organisations like the corps the success rate sure was low with only four making through this time. Guess while all the recruits have impressive swords skills not all of them have the correct attitude. Thankfully things there did not escalate. The reunion between Tanjiro and Nezuko and Urokodaki sure was heartwarming and beautiful. After that smiths words the fact that the sword turned out to be a black one sure was amusing. While the talking crow was a surprise the orders that it brought sure introduced did well injecting the tension back in. Looks like the Tanjiro's first mission is finally here. Excellent ep that while concluding the fight brilliantly also did well in introducing slowly the ranks used within the corps. Looking forward to seeing how the first mission plays out.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 4, 2019 10:00 AM
Jul 2018
5 Survived but that dude didn't even bother with all that ore shit and went back to train xD
May 4, 2019 10:02 AM

Sep 2015
I really like this episode because the hand demon's past is so sad, and I really like the flashbacks of how the hand demon is captured.
Anime/MangaFan Mahwa fan
May 4, 2019 10:13 AM

Aug 2014
this is sooo good man, they got me feeling sorry for the Mutated Oni in the beginning, the reunion was so heartwarming as well.

Amazing episode and easily my AOTS
May 4, 2019 10:14 AM

Mar 2017
I like that Tanjirou is kind enough to recognise that demons used to be people and wishes them well in their next life when they die. He is fast becoming one of my favourite anime characters!

I'm so excited for next weeks episode... his first assignment as a demon slayer! Go, Tanjirou, go!
May 4, 2019 10:19 AM

Nov 2012
The 5th one went to train in the mountains xD. The ost is amazing, i hope it will come out soon.
May 4, 2019 10:26 AM

Jul 2012
When you feel bad for a demon that's killed many people you know it's good storytelling.

"There are three things you can never get back: The word after it's said, the moment after it's missed, and the time after it's gone."
-Koe no Katachi

May 4, 2019 10:32 AM

Mar 2016
Even if I didn't notice the tears coming down from the corners of Urokodaki's mask, I KNEW that he was definitely tearing and being emotional when he was hugging the siblings.
That scene was very well-done with the emotions. I mean, Urokodaki was so elated because he's had to experience the countless times of his previous disciples not returning alive in the past, and for Tanjiro to come back alive was like a welcoming shock of joy to him.
May 4, 2019 10:33 AM

Dec 2013
Xenocrisi said:

How so? I'd just cut out that part with dying demon who went full emo.
That's not how you set up a drama moment. I couldn't care less honestly.

LadyPhyllo said:
When you feel bad for a demon that's killed many people you know it's good storytelling.

2 mins. of wonky flashback is actually enough for you to care about it?
Guess people these days have some weird concept of "good storytelling".
They didn't even introduce this character. At all.

2.5/5 for the episode.

May 4, 2019 10:36 AM
Apr 2019
Kamiyan3991 said:
Xenocrisi said:

LadyPhyllo said:

2.5/5 for the episode.

Someone seems salty.
May 4, 2019 10:38 AM

Dec 2013
adamhuarts said:
Someone seems salty.

Why would I do that?
I'm just pointing out it was nothing special. This season sucks, IKR? But that's not the reason to praise some mediocre content.

Duh.

papsoshea said:
Pretty brutal how only 4 made it.

*5?
That guy said 5.
May 4, 2019 10:39 AM

Dec 2016
Kamiyan3991 said:
Xenocrisi said:

LadyPhyllo said:

2.5/5 for the episode.

So you said we should have an entire episode or two of flashback for the demon that died for it to be considering good story telling.
May 4, 2019 10:42 AM

Dec 2013
ExaltedChampion said:
So you said we should have an entire episode or two of flashback for the demon that died for it to be considering good story telling.

Not really. The thing is, they've introduced this demon as complete bastard who enjoys killing people. But now I'm supposed to feel sad because they've shown me 2 mins. of tearful flashback...?

Dunno, man.
That's too cheap for my taste.
May 4, 2019 10:44 AM

Nov 2017
Kamiyan3991 said:
ExaltedChampion said:

Not really. The thing is, they've introduced this demon as complete bastard who enjoys killing people. But now I'm supposed to feel sad because they've show me 2 mins. of tearful flashback...?

Dunno, man.

I don't think that was done for that specific demon. Probably more about showing second side of an entire species.
aniikolaMay 4, 2019 10:47 AM
May 4, 2019 10:45 AM

Dec 2013
papsoshea said:
Kamiyan3991 said:

*5?
That guy said 5.
Thought it was an error in subs since there was only 4 of them. 5 it is.

I heard "5" in Japanese.
Pretty sure that 5th wasn't present or somethin?
May 4, 2019 10:48 AM
Jan 2018
Kamiyan3991 said:
Xenocrisi said:

LadyPhyllo said:

2.5/5 for the episode.

Hanekawa is the worst character in Monogatari series no cap, and yet I'm not going to bash about your taste
May 4, 2019 10:49 AM

Aug 2008
Kamiyan3991 said:
ExaltedChampion said:

Not really. The thing is, they've introduced this demon as complete bastard who enjoys killing people. But now I'm supposed to feel sad because they've shown me 2 mins. of tearful flashback...?

Dunno, man.

as story will go is something common for this serie to show the life before all became demons, so this won't be just a single time
The spider is watching
May 4, 2019 10:51 AM

Dec 2016
Kamiyan3991 said:
papsoshea said:
Thought it was an error in subs since there was only 4 of them. 5 it is.

I heard "5" in Japanese.
Pretty sure that 5th wasn't present or somethin?

No it 5, the 5th guy just leave early.
Also yes the demon are evil but they also human before that. The story admit their wrong doing and don't give them a free pass for what they had done just because they have sad backstory. Most if not all demon only have flash back after they dead.
May 4, 2019 10:54 AM

Jul 2015
Great Episode

Ufotable extended the story of Pile O' Hands backstory(it wasn't in the manga),it was nicely done and nearly brought tears in my eyes

Only 5 people survived,Zenitsu was cute

Nezuko is back.

Next Epiosde Tanjirou's first assignment begins.

May 4, 2019 10:55 AM

Dec 2013
FilipDespa said:
Hanekawa is the worst character in Monogatari series no cap, and yet I'm not going to bash about your taste

Does it even have something to do with my or your taste tho?
I'm not even saying it's bad, good or whatever.

I'm just pointing out that the drama part is very clumsy.
And this storytelling is actually too comfortable. C'mon, his sister actually woke up when he came back?

Too cheap imho.
May 4, 2019 11:03 AM
Oct 2012
Kamiyan3991 said:
FilipDespa said:

And this storytelling is actually too comfortable. C'mon, his sister actually woke up when he came back?

Too cheap imho.

Yes, because you said that people have wonky definition of good storytelling, hence judging the user's tastes. It is really cringey seeing you in every ufotable adaptation trying to be 'hip'

Why assume his sister woke up when he arrived? she simply could have been awake days ago, you just assumed to present it as cheap with bias.
May 4, 2019 11:05 AM

Mar 2016
I like that the exam didn't take long. I was worried it might take four or five episodes.

The blond guy, who is drawn in a different artstyle, really makes me uncomfortable.

Is that a raven or a talking crow?
May 4, 2019 11:06 AM
Jan 2018
Eniie said:
Kamiyan3991 said:

Too cheap imho.

Yes, because you said that people have wonky definition of good storytelling, hence judging the user's tastes. It is really cringey seeing you in every ufotable adaptation trying to be 'hip'

Why assume his sister woke up when he arrived? she simply could have been awake days ago, you just assumed to present it as cheap with bias.

Damn straight. I mean, Urokodaki wasn't shocked at all when he saw Nezuko awake. So it's clear that she didn't just wake up when Tanjirou showed up. You're just bias.
May 4, 2019 11:09 AM
Jul 2018
damn ufotable always amusing me with their animation styles and music choices.

F for all the dudes and dudettes who didn't make it and that dude Tanjiro 'saved'

can't wait for the next episode
May 4, 2019 11:11 AM

Apr 2019
That shot of the kids.... I came for shonen; I wasn't expecting the feels

I'm still a little choked up remembering it
May 4, 2019 11:12 AM

Nov 2009
Of course his sister is a special exception and doesn't have to eat human flesh to survive unlike every other demon we've seen so far, meaning that our goody two-shoes MC will never have to face any interesting dilemma involving his sister's life or innocent folks'. Gotta love how this plays it safe even for a weekly shounen jump work smh.

Kamiyan3991 said:
ExaltedChampion said:

Dunno, man.

Ufotable back to their old tricks, it's like UBW all over again where they spend a few minutes on a flashback, in a last-ditch/crappy attempt at making us care about a certain character right before killing them off. This is just terrible writing and directing.
May 4, 2019 11:13 AM

Jul 2013
There were only four there, but the guy with the raven said that as many as 5 had survived, so I'm assuming that little discrepancy will become very important later
May 4, 2019 11:17 AM

Apr 2015
hmm 5 survived 🤔
May 4, 2019 11:19 AM

Jul 2013
Kamiyan3991 said:
FilipDespa said:

Too cheap imho.

Hang on you rated Code Geass the same as Index III? Actually, yes, can we talk about your tastes for a second
May 4, 2019 11:19 AM

May 2016
The art is still pretty solid I'm actually surprised despite Ufotable being in a huge debt lately.

looking forward to next episode 3/5

bledsoe60 said:
There were only four there, but the guy with the raven said that as many as 5 had survived, so I'm assuming that little discrepancy will become very important later
its probably the masked guy in the OP.
May 4, 2019 11:35 AM

Aug 2010
Oh god, they actually used Bakugou VA for the guy who kept asking for the katana asd
May 4, 2019 11:55 AM

Dec 2018
Is it only me or I saw only four people surviving the test, but that mysterious person with shoulder-length black hair which we saw from the back said he got 5 new sons?
May 4, 2019 12:04 PM
May 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. I really liked the redemption-like prayer He said for the Demon. He truly does have compassion for those who are unfortunate to be turned into creatures like this. I really like Tanjirou's character. He's very determined and 'head-strong' (heh..) and his character is a nice change of pace from the typical hero of "I want to be the strongest _____ because for selfish reasons" and instead it is to find out ways to help his sister, a selfless and hard goal to achieve.

I wasn't sure I would like this series but I really love the art and the overall story. :)
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

-Stray - Sep 7, 2019

221 by skatensleep »»
Today, 3:18 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2019

351 by skatensleep »»
Today, 2:50 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2019

302 by skatensleep »»
Today, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2019

281 by skatensleep »»
Today, 2:05 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2019

1095 by skatensleep »»
Today, 1:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.