Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 23, 2017 10:41 PM
Mar 2017
The ending was so quick lol it feels like it needed a 13th episode. The way they ended it shows they have plans for a second season, but of course as usual it all depends on the sells in Japan and if they feel like making a second season. This anime was average but I really enjoyed it for some reason. Unlike most people its gonna be hard for me to let go :/
Mar 23, 2017 10:58 PM

Dec 2013
Yeah, as I predicted last week, we ended this Nisekoi style.
Given how little we have of the rest of the manga left, best we can hope for would probably be an animated movie, unless they want to do three or four extra episodes somewhere (since that's pretty much all there is left to adapt..)..

Not the end point I was looking for, but probably the end point I was expecting.
Overall it wasn't too bad, but I would have wanted more failures on Masamune's revenge part (both here and the manga) since that was pretty much the point of the whole series.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 23, 2017 11:14 PM

Aug 2016
This episode was alright. I enjoyed all the singing and stuff. The play part was utterly stupid. Dude falls to his knees and is like crawling towards his goal acting like it's his last breath. Like this is some shounen and he just got stabbed.

Series overall had ups and downs. 6/10.

Gabriel Dropout>
JFujiMar 23, 2017 11:18 PM
Mar 23, 2017 11:31 PM
Feb 2017
Well Kinda I think Manga Will End in 2 Months Thats What I Think
Mar 23, 2017 11:37 PM
Oct 2014
Teh_DuuuDe said:
Just more sequal baiting for a second season that most likely will never come. This series really disappointed me in the end. Oh well.

There's nowhere near enough material for a season 2 of this series, especially when it's supposed to end soon.
Mar 23, 2017 11:53 PM

Jun 2013
Terrible inconclusive ending. Also mimorin is the only one who can sing
Mar 23, 2017 11:53 PM

Jun 2008
LAAAAAME ending!

This felt like a fucking filler!

Jesus....this anime tanked at the end!

6/10
Mar 23, 2017 11:55 PM
Apr 2015
Is episode 12 really the last episode? sigh, I was hoping that it would be a two core series. Season 2 plss
Mar 24, 2017 12:01 AM
Aug 2011
Honestly, what a joke. Score on MAL already dropping from 7.97 to 7.58 after the last episode. Just proves how many people have same opinion as me, this ending felt like a filler and was so bad. So many thing unresolved, everything in this ep was so bad. These series was like one of 5-6 titles that were worth watching this season and i was hyped for last episode, and ended up being a complete waste. Entire episode i was like, wait really? It can't be last ep, there has to be another coming next week, i mean what the hell is even this karaoke party.
Mar 24, 2017 12:06 AM

Jun 2008
Also...the whole purpose of this anime is to get Revenge...

And yet, aside from the first two episodes or so...we as the audience don't really have a good reason to root for this "Revenge"...

Basically, it feels forced.

We can't properly empathize with the MC and his motives for wanting revenge!

Conversely....throughout the anime we don't really have a big hatred or dislike for Aki....not really anyways.

So....the whole premise of the show falls flat.

Which is not good.
Mar 24, 2017 12:11 AM
Jan 2015
To be honest if they reveal a second season I don't know if i will watch it or not as this show went downhill very quickly. I'm surprised i manged to watch through it all.
Mar 24, 2017 12:16 AM

Jun 2008
I haven't read the original source...but I've watched enough rom-com anime to have a good feeling how this will ultimately end.

Which makes me really wonder why I even went along with this whole "Revenge" nonsense.

This anime should just be treated as another run-of-the-mill rom-com with no real meaning to it.

At least Neko was cute and she goes no-pan which scores very high in my book!

Oh and the loli mom...big win right there!

Other than that....very meh.

Lol, I'm lowering my score to 5/10.
Mar 24, 2017 12:24 AM

Jun 2016
After reading all of the opinions of the people who watch the finale and disappointed by it, I can (Sort of) understand why. The "open-ending" is only a part of the problem I have.

My main problem is that the karaoke scenes in the middle is just pure filler, and those scenes can be replaced to build up..... an actual ending. A lot of things get unresolved, and just a waste of time.

This show is "ok" and even kinda decent at times as a standalone series, but it falls flat as an adaptation.
Mar 24, 2017 1:39 AM

Jun 2014
Wack final episode for a pretty good show overall.

I'd love to see a season 2 just based on the spoilers I've been seeing but doubtfull that it will happen. That being said who knows!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2017 1:55 AM

May 2015
JustALEX said:

And yet, aside from the first two episodes or so...we as the audience don't really have a good reason to root for this "Revenge"...

Conversely....throughout the anime we don't really have a big hatred or dislike for Aki....not really anyways.

Which is not good.

Series isn't over.

Mar 24, 2017 2:33 AM

Jul 2015
I just think it's funny how that Class Rep for Class A got all upset about how their show was going to look like a fool without their prince when they were planning to do the exact same thing lol.

gust11 said:
Okay then, that ended surprisingly smoothly. I had expected a much more awkward finale, though I guess that awful Paris arc tease at the end was a bad blow to manga readers, or just generally a horrible shot at anyone who wanted closure on the series :/

I'll be pretty disappointed if they don't come out with something to show the Paris arc. I need to see Muriel animated, it'll be so satisfying for me.
An enjoyable watch for me, it was nice to relive the events again, though some things were just as unlikeable as I remembered

I mean I think it's safe to say that there should be getting a 2nd season [or at the very least, a special(s)] based off of that tease. I'm also quite dissatisfied because they ended the anime while still in the whole 'Kanetsugu' arc/problem (which, in my opinion, is the worst part of the series, so ending it in the middle of this is just torture). Ending a season without some form of closure definitely sucks, but oh well.

Overall, I mean as always, with 12 episodes, there's really not very much you can do, so the adaptation was okay. But it did feel rushed quite often as a result. However, in spite of this, these kinds of anime are the ones I find enjoyable so it was a fun ride for me. I'll give this a 7/10. Maybe I'll just stick to the manga.

caught in the wonder
Mar 24, 2017 2:36 AM
Oct 2010
JustALEX said:

Which is not good.

Yeah, I agree, personally in light of most of the things they show, the MC looks super petty and it's hard to sympathize with him at all. The worst part was that aki was treating the fat guy better than she was treating him, that alone should have tipped him off that he may have misunderstood something from back then. But eh... I was only watching this as a filler for the day so nothing of value was lost.
Mar 24, 2017 4:02 AM

Oct 2016
The ending is okayish... I'm just glad I saw the final kissing scene.

I'm just surprised that Aki didn't mind it that much.... which is weird.

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

Mar 24, 2017 4:35 AM

Feb 2014
I'm more interested on the song that Neko and Aki sang at the Karaoke.

I'm a fan of Mimorin (Neko's seiyuu).
Mar 24, 2017 4:47 AM

Jul 2015
Well at least the play went decently well, a lot of problems they had to push through, but they did it. Kind of. The Karaoke battle afterwards was pretty entertaining to watch. Of course Masamune was the last one, and was horrible.

Ultimately this anime was pretty... okay, I enjoyed it but it's definitely something that I won't miss all that much and this finale was pretty disappointing. Was hoping for more, but I didn't really expect much from this series to begin with. Final score is a 7 out of 10 from me.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Mar 24, 2017 4:48 AM

Jun 2013
that was pretty generic at least he kissed her
Mar 24, 2017 5:45 AM

Nov 2011
Ah! What a pointless episode on the front of the plot, even the mystery that lurks Gasou, has been unveiled, oh well! At least you can laugh along with that "Boeotian" Masamune and classmates. Of this soul, I will remember Masamune, Aki, and the soundtrack, the rest is so stereotyped and just mentioned, I forget them soon.

6/10
Mar 24, 2017 5:50 AM
Sep 2014
This was a waste of time. Never felt so frustrated due to a ending like this before.
Mar 24, 2017 5:51 AM

Nov 2011
This anime just became an average anime. I can see why the score is plummeting. The last 4 episodes have been pretty bad. The story is just too cringey in my eyes. It's not really worth watching.

The only part I need to figure out is what song Aki was singing. It was super familiar.

6/10 for the series.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 24, 2017 6:02 AM

Mar 2016
honestly this wasn't horrible but it's one of those genric series that you just watch to be like yes generic.

if there a second season I definitely watch. it sorta seemed like they were setting it up for. or it's just one of scenes that want you to go buy the manga/light novel to learn the rest of the story.

i sttill liked it so ...
7/10 series... not bad not horrible... just right to be like yes this exists
UrbanJahtsMar 24, 2017 9:55 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2017 6:17 AM

Jan 2017
No, I don´t really liked the end of the series. It was disappointed for me. It was a suffering to see this last episode with "filler promotional songs" and no solutions, with a "next season bait" that I think will never come. The manga spoilers makes me think that the series would become intersting, but judging the 12 episodes, was for me a weak series that only had two or three episodes worth watching.
Mar 24, 2017 6:24 AM

May 2016
It's nice don't like the ending though.
Mar 24, 2017 6:32 AM

Aug 2016
The ending of this was hilarious with Masmune singing xD

Overall didn't enjoy it that much.

4/10

Set by SenpieX
Mar 24, 2017 6:38 AM

Nov 2011
Scarletknive said:

Whats that something? Promotion of songs... I have to agree with that. Damn I recall the one Aki was singing. The rest I actually searched it out.

I had to dig deep but the song Aki was singing is by Mika Nakashima called Yuki No Hana. If you watched ReLife it would be super familer because it was ending #8 from that anime.

It was driving me crazy trying to figure out what it was from lol.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 24, 2017 7:30 AM

Jul 2013
It's almost certain they'd make a 2nd season, especially since they deliberately showed that class trip thing and has yet to explain Kanetsugu's real identity. Overall this is more like your typical romcom than a revenge story which was supposed to be the hook. It's not bad but nothing stands out either, the girls are charming though and I do like Aki and Yoshino.

7/10
Mar 24, 2017 8:14 AM
Jul 2018
this episode was the worst one imo
in fact all 3 past episodes sucked so much

i decided to give this anime a 5 since the first 7 episodes were awesome and very entertaining but the rest tho :/
Mar 24, 2017 8:21 AM
Jul 2018
is the manga any better?
should i give it a try?

i need more Yoshino
Mar 24, 2017 8:56 AM

Jan 2013
uaaa, the ending is weak, even for an open ending rom com anime..
I feel like i should have stop watching after neko's arc..
and what is wrong with Aki?? She turned 180 degree on eps 9, and then took another 180 degree in the end of this episode..
Mar 24, 2017 9:52 AM
Dec 2015
AnimeMangaGamer- said:
OMG I can or can't believe they would include this song "Snow Flower" originally by South Korean Singer Park Hyo-shin was so popular back in 2004. A Japanese cover version by Mika Nakashima titled "Yuki no Hana" which made the song one of the most popular karaoke songs in Japan! This is one of my prized singles in my K-Pop/J-Pop collection :D

You need to fact check your damn information. It's the other way around. Snow Flower is Mika Nakashima's 10th Single, composed by Ryouki Matsumoto, and the lyric was written by Satomi, released in 2003. Park Hyo-Shin then covered it and it was included into a popular Korean Drama.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuki_no_Hana

Edit: I also noticed that you did not even bother to look at the date those youtube videos you provided were posted. If you have bothered you would have noticed that Mika Nakashima's was earlier. You didn't even bother reading the "Yuki no Hana" Wiki page you shared.
CoppellaMar 24, 2017 10:06 AM
Mar 24, 2017 11:33 AM

Sep 2016
8/10 i enjoyed it..wanted to see more of the singing in the karaoke..i hope there's a second season.if not im going straight to the manga
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Mar 24, 2017 11:36 AM

Sep 2016
damn the ending was a major disappointment, this anime showed promise early on and in some of the mid season episodes but it went downhill after that.
Objectivity doesn't exist. Subjectivity is an excuse. Beautiful world of online discourse.

Mar 24, 2017 11:56 AM
Sep 2014
1 / 2 episodes of ova will be interesting i guess, just trying to add the paris scene
Mar 24, 2017 1:10 PM

May 2016
I'd be upset over the ending if I wasn't planning on picking up the manga. Overall I enjoyed the series and hopefully the manga will answer everything they left out in the anime.
Mar 24, 2017 1:45 PM

Aug 2013
7/10
Cute ending.
Don't know if I want to read manga for niw. I will wait till ending and I buy a whole set from Japan probably.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Mar 24, 2017 4:58 PM

Aug 2015
"Everything will go according to your plan!"

You god damn hypocrite.
Mar 24, 2017 8:04 PM

Nov 2014
I'm glad this is done, one of the worst series I have ever watched. For a slice of life/romance anime, how is there 0 character development?
Mar 24, 2017 8:05 PM
Oct 2012
bastek66 said:
They didn't even reveal truth about Gasou

Thats after the other

honestly, this episode drove so hard off a cliff from the original material that it was rushed to fast, to a point they REALLY just wanted to talk about the france arc. The fact that the karaoke scene was rather off point that the background characters where suppose to talk about what was actually going on as a more flowed transition, but NOPE... lets just all talk about it at the karaoke party. If i remember, even after the karaoke party, aki still avoids the shit out of him... not get all chummy, even with fake masamune in the picture.

This episode put no focus on the real points that should of been focused on, gasou should of been more in this so that it can build up correctly if they show gets a season 2.

Just by this episode alone, I can tell you they dont want to make a season 2. and OVA, maybe, but not a season 2. (even though there is enough for maybe 10 episodes in a couple (5-6) months.)

Id reccommend starting your journey of this anime at chapter 29 or so, of the manga, at least it has its climax in the story so you'll know what the heck is going on in the anime.
Wu_HitomiMar 24, 2017 8:19 PM
Mar 24, 2017 10:19 PM

Oct 2013
it started becoming really lame near ep9... bored.
I liked the beginning, look promising. Loved the beach villa episode the most.

Lame ending, which I can't even call it an ending though.

4/10.
Mar 25, 2017 12:37 AM

Oct 2015
I wouldn't say it exactly a masterpiece but I definitely enjoyed it. There are lot of faults with it and they didn't adapt some of the part at the end. The karaoke was a little too much for me, it somehow make the ending extra worse. I guess they at least get to promote the manga and maybe S2 if the sale turned out well.
Mar 25, 2017 1:27 AM
Jul 2018
Okay, a quick wrap-up:

Sure, the first ep has the premise there, however the plot became more stale in the end imo.
But, seeing the end scene, there's gotta be a second season or something (OVA perhaps?). I thought that the secret of Gasou will be revealed by this time in the anime.

7/10.
Mar 25, 2017 2:52 AM
Oct 2016
To be honest, for me, I don't want season 2 but an OVA or a movie to complete all of the chapter in the manga. BUT, even if they plan to make it, its going to probably air about 3 month or so because chapter 40 isn't even released yet but when its completed, they could just make a movie completing all of the chapter. I don't think that many people will agree with this but I do. I hope some of you guys are too.
Mar 25, 2017 3:46 AM

Oct 2014
This anime has a good start but as episodes goes by, it gets weaker. 5/10 for me. Not bad, but not good either.
Mar 25, 2017 6:43 AM

Apr 2013
Mascera said:
bastek66 said:
They didn't even reveal truth about Gasou
WHOA, seriously? There's more "Trap" in the series"? I can't even imagine about it comes true. Thank you so much for putting it in a Spoiler tab.
Masamune really doing his best for his role despite having a fever, that's for sure. That take and give situation, what a drama.

Too bad you didn't put your comment in a spoiler tab as well. Oh well, when in Rome...

Episode 12 didn't live up to my expectations. I don't know what i was expecting, maybe a little more of a resolution. At least get rid of the false MC. But whatever. I heard a lot of bad press about this show, but found it to be quite a good watch most of the time. 7/10
Mar 25, 2017 7:39 AM

Oct 2009
y u no proper ending q___q
Mar 25, 2017 9:09 AM

Jan 2015
curzon17 said:
Mascera said:
WHOA, seriously? There's more "Trap" in the series"? I can't even imagine about it comes true. Thank you so much for putting it in a Spoiler tab.
Masamune really doing his best for his role despite having a fever, that's for sure. That take and give situation, what a drama.

Too bad you didn't put your comment in a spoiler tab as well. Oh well, when in Rome...

Episode 12 didn't live up to my expectations. I don't know what i was expecting, maybe a little more of a resolution. At least get rid of the false MC. But whatever. I heard a lot of bad press about this show, but found it to be quite a good watch most of the time. 7/10
Well considering about that "France" paper, I guess it's just means there will be another Season to talk about it. Just guessing.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2017

218 by Lkunnnss »»
Apr 22, 2:50 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2017

145 by Cheese_Enjoyer07 »»
Jan 2, 5:02 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

235 by kirA_-_ »»
Dec 27, 2023 2:15 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2017

230 by kirA_-_ »»
Dec 20, 2023 4:42 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2017

130 by kirA_-_ »»
Dec 20, 2023 9:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.