Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Saga of Tanya the Evil (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Jun 2, 2021 10:56 PM
Feb 2020
It was quite exciting seen that it wasn't quite a story about a sociopath with violent tendencies who made it in the army, it's all that but also it shows us a more realistic part of this character, feeling fear of his fading excistance and being almost blackmailed by something close to a god for not giving it the atention and devotion needed
Jun 19, 2021 6:00 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Tanya is easy to watch and enjoy without liking the character. So far this is a good anime to binge watch.
Jun 22, 2021 4:46 AM

Jan 2021
LOLLL Tanya's expression when she was dressed up for the photo was hilarious "just kill me now" XD

Oct 14, 2021 10:26 AM
Nov 2020
That time i got reincarnated as a Loli Soldier.
Jan 15, 2022 5:05 AM

May 2020
Woah that thrown onto the track scene, that too out of nowhere. The typical isekai reincarnation method #2, but keeping this thing aside, Tanya's too OP. Also she overdid back there, so now everyone will have their eyes on her.

That photoshoot lol.
Jun 14, 2022 4:21 AM
Jun 2022
Tanya is an absolutely appalling character, and that's what makes her enjoyable.

Picking a fight with god (or something like a god) in the moment before your imminent demise. WTF??

Comedy very wisely kept to the end. Photoshoot is hilarious.
Jan 6, 2023 8:54 AM
Jun 2013
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Quite an interesting episode. Personally, I think this gave a much better insight about Tanya since it also shows a more realistic side of the show with the real life setting of his former character.

Plus, Tanya's dramatic change in life from a salaryman to a military loli fighter is quite noticeable after he was reincarnated.
The action was alright, we got to see more of Tanya's talent. What a badass.
Ironically, despite the said talent for war, "she" hates the mentioned talent. 

Anyway, real life lessons from this realistic setting episode. 
1. NEVER stand near the train station's platform to the train tracks. You never know if some crazy person will unreasonably push you off to your death. 
2. Be careful in life if you are given a job to lay off people; main character shown how he was doing his job, in the past life, efficiently without any empathy and was murdered by a fired worker. In real life, I know people need to do their work while discarding their  empathy, such as how if you are unlucky in life to work as a soldier or police officer for a corrupt country (like communist china or North Korea) you are expected to make cold decisions on good people,  but I guess the anime's god still finds it unforgivable in how the main character handled his past life. 

On the side note, if the main character was giving a hidden message, to the employee he fired as he ignored the fired worker's plea about how he needs the money for his daughter, I assume the message was "if you refuse to improve your work capability then you shouldn't have bothered to breed and have children to begin with, having children is something only the rich and reasonably smart can afford." 
Aug 26, 2023 1:44 AM

Apr 2020
What a barbaric salaryman
Sep 10, 2023 10:45 AM
Sep 2023
it was good to know more about tanya
Oct 11, 2023 9:53 AM
Mar 2023
imaginate papear tan duro a Dios que este se arda y te mande a un mundo de mierda de lo ardido que se quedó šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Dec 15, 2023 8:01 AM

Nov 2023
Well gaddamn, Tanya dont go too far with your worsds
Feb 15, 3:35 PM

Dec 2022
Tanya is the like one of those badass commanding officers you would follow to the gates of hell and back as you make your enemies scream in horror, agony, miserable pain, and despair
Apr 10, 8:29 AM
Oct 2017
I ended up watching the episode 2 anyway, lol, I still like the idea of the story anyway, I felt we would get the background so I watched it, I get the idea of trying to defeat God or a being superior to you, it is a good idea, I have thought that most isekais could be explained by bored gods sending random people to other worlds, I like the idea of having a protagonist that starts from nothing and rises with pure strategical thinking, but considering Tanya's OP ability for magic the whole "I am starting from zero" is more than a dressing to the whole isekai power fantasy this anime is going for, Tanya got isekaid into a girl, but I haven't seen that much skepticism towards her gender rather than her age, naturally since she is just around 9, so to me defeats the whole purpose if you wanted to have a proper character about trying to raise from zero because you insulted Being X, but if you see it as something to make the "OP little girl in battle" more immersive giving her a somewhat credible background, it fits. If you take this story as another fun isekai fantasy, I think you can have a nice time.

Also the character designs, it seems that compared other anime that do not usually draw actual lips (just a black line or show the mouth) this one gives the character fully formed lips, it looks rather ugly in some characters like the other woman that is around Tanya, but when you see Tanya smiling like a maniac it looks pretty cool and you say, oh yea, I get it, that's why they used this artstyle. I like artstyles that opt to not use a traditionally cute and make something more ugly like this other anime... Kaiji.... where characters have exaggerated noses rather than no noses at all. The eyes can look dead but it gives thing an eery look.

Overall? Fun story, I thought the tone would be a lot more comedic or over the top considering the premise, but the fun goofy stuff is there, so this looks like my thing.
Apr 24, 11:58 PM
Jun 2022
Yup , She Will Be Annoying .

One More Episode To Go!
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2017

209 by lazypanda666 »»
Yesterday, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2017

218 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 25, 4:54 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2017

448 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 24, 11:41 PM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2017

291 by Phixiately »»
Apr 24, 8:26 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2017

147 by Phixiately »»
Apr 22, 9:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.