Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aoharu x Machine Gun
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 19, 2015 5:09 AM

Jun 2014
Matsuoka gay for Hotaru. Looks like I'll have to read the manga now but it was pretty average and stale at times. 5/10
All credit goes to Sacred.
Sep 19, 2015 5:14 AM

Dec 2012
Okay i'm pretty sure i'm not the only one pissed as hell that not only was the final episode short AF but we didn't even see the reveal of her being a girl?. Please anime companies don't do this shit unless you know 100% you're gonna have a season 2. rating went from 7/10 down to 3/10 just because of this shitty last episode.
Ǝ W ˙˙ ɹ ∀ Ǝ Ⅎ
Sep 19, 2015 5:24 AM

May 2015
Well, so they ended it like that. Guess a reason for season 2? This show had been an entertaining ride for the most part, but definitely this show was average overall in my opinion. It was fine. 7/10.

Sep 19, 2015 6:00 AM

Aug 2015
She never told them she was a female. >.> oh well. Hope it gets a second season.
Sep 19, 2015 6:12 AM

Mar 2013
Wow, this show is getting a lot of hate 0_0
If anyone cares to know, SHE LITERALLY TELLS THEM RIGHT AFTER SHE SAYS GOOD MORNING AT THAT ENDING SCENE. If the anime was about 30 seconds longer then we would have seen her saying it, lol.
ALSO, if you're wondering how the confession scene goes, it goes like this:
SPOILER
She tells them she's a girl, they stare shocked for a minute. And then Yukki starts laughing and saying she didn't expect a joke like that from "him" while Matsuoka just stares wide-eyed. And Hotaru tells them she really isn't joking and grabs Matsuoka's hand and brings it up to her chest because she believes that "since Matsuoka-san is a host, he'll definitely know". But then Matsuoka pulls his hand back, embarassed, he yells: "Cut it out, Do you think touching a man's flat chest will make me happy?!" and Yukki tells Hotaru that that's enough and they start going somewhere while Hotaru just stands there dejected at the "flat-chest"
SPOILER END
---
I don't get why people didn't like this show, I really loved the characters. Sure, we might not have gotten so much action and maybe there was some melodramatic drama and that Hotaru didn't tell her she's a girl but it still didn't bother me.
I actually liked the drama. Sure there were parts that might have been better but overall it never bothered me.
So yeah. Hoping for another season. ^^
Sep 19, 2015 6:19 AM

Aug 2015
Oh hell... I was waiting for one moment the entire anime.. confessing you're a girl... and it never f'in happens..

I feel like a retarded donkey being led around by a carrot on a stick tied to my head.
Sep 19, 2015 6:43 AM
Apr 2015
Does anyone has the translated chapters where she tells them she is a girl?
Sep 19, 2015 6:51 AM

Dec 2008
Tokoya said:
All smiles at the end :)

Twas a pretty enjoyable series while it lasted, even though I wish that Hotaru told them that she's a girl but that's fine

7/10

I waited so much for the confession that she's a girl :(, I hope that either the second season will be made or manga get translated.
Sep 19, 2015 7:26 AM

May 2015
It makes sense that she didn't tell them in the end because it would have taken a lot more time (maybe even several episodes) to deal with everything that comes after. I doubt they'll be just like "ok, well". Their reaction wouldn't fit in just 30 seconds. So it's better to just assume she'll tell them eventually because it makes fine ending for a series as a whole. Otherwise it would have left us with even more frustrating cliffhanger.
Well, she could have confessed at the beginning of episode or right after the fight but it might have turned out a bit rushed and forced. And dealing with coming back to the team was important too. So overall I think it was a very enjoyable anime.
Sep 19, 2015 7:32 AM

Jul 2013
Happy with the ending. I have to say I never really saw Hotaru as a girl but i was really looking forward to her telling them, would have been so funny to see their reaction.
Sep 19, 2015 7:47 AM

Jun 2013
I dont think this needs a second season, but they took the time to show one of the old TGG members aand he did nothing in episode 11 so they might make a season 2
Sep 19, 2015 7:56 AM
Jul 2018
People being pissed off because the season ended without Hotaru confessing she's a girl. Welp, I wasn't surprised at all (: I actually saw that coming.

OK. Hotaru seemed fine by me; Mattsun good-looking guy, but he was a lame chara imo; Yukimura was the best character in this series hands down.

I didn't skip the OP&ED in any episode; I'm gonna download a full ver of both & listen them. Beautiful songs.

7/10 mainly for the action. But I gotta say/admit since the anime ended: I feel pretty fed up with the fujobait, so if it gets season2, I will PROBABLY not watch because obviously that shit won't stop popping up time to time.
Sep 19, 2015 8:17 AM
Aug 2015
I thought that the ending was okay.
And I agree with the majority that it would have been more interesting and satisfying if Hotaru finally told them the truth.
(But I'll just hope to read these chapters or see it in a second season.)

I'm not sure if it's because I also have something which I love so much (martial art), so that I understand the feeling of 'loosing' or 'loosing to the same opponent over and over'. More so if that person was actually a friend of yours (or used to be one), or maybe even someone who you looked up to (Midori - Matsuoka).

And I kind of understand how Hotaru wants to stay with the team and everything - especially since she came to love it (and them) so much. The thought of 'never being able to play with them and winning and having fun together' is really...'cruel'.
At least that's what I would feel if people told me that I had to stop doing what I loved to do, because it means a lot to me and thus, I kinda understand how the character feels.
Of course, in real life it's most likely still not as exaggerated as in animes - but we already know that, right? xD Many series do that after all.

The characters could have had more development, more talk about their past and everything.

Matsuoka is actually fine, he's a coward who has been left alone by many precious/important people of his life - starting with his mother, his friends and teammates.
That gotta hurt.

Yukimura is definitely my favorite character, although he's slightly too fixated on Matsuoka, too, but that has its reasons as well and it's just funny to watch.

Overall I loved the arts & animation a lot - especially in this episode and the soundtrack was amazing, too.

For me, it's still a 10/10.
TenkaKuroSep 19, 2015 8:30 AM
Sep 19, 2015 8:19 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I don't see a second season happening. Really annoying that we don't get to see the reactions from both of them <.<

Good final episode, all in all, it was very overblown drama and shounen.

6/10
Sep 19, 2015 8:27 AM

Jan 2014
I was kind of dissapointed by the final episode cause of the lack of closure with Tachibana not confessing to her teammates that she's a girl but besides that it ended pretty well with her coming back to the team and all. Highly doubt this would ever get a 2nd season because it's not really that popular but they set it up pretty well if its gonna get one. Pretty average overall, 7/10.
Sep 19, 2015 8:44 AM

May 2013
Feel bad for Matsuoka for not knowing that Hotaru is a girl. Now he's questioning if he likes guys lol. What is with that ending though? Makes me think there will be another season.
Sep 19, 2015 8:49 AM

Jan 2015
idolbomb said:
This anime became a personal favourite of mine this season. It has a lot of flaws I know that but I still loved it. This ending was so unsatisfying though ; -; I can live without a final shot of hoshishiro and no conclusion on their end but like everyone else here I'm just frustrated at not being able to see the reactions after the confession. That's literally the only thing I was actively excited about. Everything else I could have dealt without but ahhhh mannnn. I still rated it an 8 overall because I enjoyed it so much personally but that honestly just felt deflated as an ending.

same here QQ

don't know if this will be popular enough for another season though ;;
Sep 19, 2015 9:06 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
5/10
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Sep 19, 2015 9:25 AM

Sep 2013
7.6/10 but rounded up to an 8/10 - good production values, development for all 3, mattsun was good
Sep 19, 2015 10:11 AM

Oct 2014
Well, that was a really enjoyable series. The ending was satisfactory although we didnt get to see Tachibana telling them she is a girl... I hope we get a second season of it!
why
Sep 19, 2015 10:19 AM

Feb 2014
6/10

Had serious Ouran High Host Club vibes from this series. I think it had an interesting concept but it kind of fell short of my expectations.

I can't believe she still has not told them she is a girl which is my main reason for giving it a 6/10 - it's one of the key aspects of the plot thus far I guess and they failed to deliver.

I did like the characters and the art work though :)
Sep 19, 2015 10:35 AM
Mar 2012
Not the strongest episode.

ibraheem234 said:
I still often thought she was a he, even till last episode
That's something I liked about this anime.
It's about humans, not boys & girls. There was human character development and it just didn't matter whether they had a Y chromosome or not.
So I didn't like the romance at the end too much.
Sep 19, 2015 10:42 AM

Apr 2014
Victorious-Mind said:
Wow, this show is getting a lot of hate 0_0
If anyone cares to know, SHE LITERALLY TELLS THEM RIGHT AFTER SHE SAYS GOOD MORNING AT THAT ENDING SCENE. If the anime was about 30 seconds longer then we would have seen her saying it, lol.
ALSO, if you're wondering how the confession scene goes, it goes like this:
SPOILER
She tells them she's a girl, they stare shocked for a minute. And then Yukki starts laughing and saying she didn't expect a joke like that from "him" while Matsuoka just stares wide-eyed. And Hotaru tells them she really isn't joking and grabs Matsuoka's hand and brings it up to her chest because she believes that "since Matsuoka-san is a host, he'll definitely know". But then Matsuoka pulls his hand back, embarassed, he yells: "Cut it out, Do you think touching a man's flat chest will make me happy?!" and Yukki tells Hotaru that that's enough and they start going somewhere while Hotaru just stands there dejected at the "flat-chest"
SPOILER END
---
I don't get why people didn't like this show, I really loved the characters. Sure, we might not have gotten so much action and maybe there was some melodramatic drama and that Hotaru didn't tell her she's a girl but it still didn't bother me.
I actually liked the drama. Sure there were parts that might have been better but overall it never bothered me.
So yeah. Hoping for another season. ^^

THANK YOU! (and thanks for the spoiler alert, it really helped xD)

The amount of hate on this show is just too high D:

I really liked the show. I see people complaining about Matsuoka, but I really like him as a character and I can pretty much understand how he feels.
Some people complain about Hotaru, that they weren't able to see her as a woman, but I think she has quite enough feminine traits to prove the opposite. And of course that sudden turn of her personality in this episode, which I was NOT irritated by because she said stuff which eventually helped Matsuoka realise that not everyone is the same.
Yukimura is just a perv, but he is very friendly and, even though I don't like perverted stuff, I liked his character. So I see no problem in the characters.

I was really looking forward to every episode, not only because I wanted Hotaru to tell them she's a girl, but also to see more about the personalities of every character. This episode we saw a bit more about Matsuoka's past, and now I want to know even more about it! I would love to know more about Hotaru and Yukimura's past, as well.

I'm not much into romance, but I liked that Matsuoka was going "dokidoki" for Hotaru suddenly xD (I think they should, partly because of this moment, change the genre from "shounen" to "shoujo")

It's true, the story ended in a big cliffhanger, but that gives me more reason to root for a second season than to hate this entire series. The series was too enjoyable to have negative feelings about it in my opinion.

I give it an 8/10! Also hoping for a second season~
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2015 10:57 AM

Nov 2007
AAHHH.. I was hoping to have her finally tell them she is a girl.
Now, if this doesn't get a second season, I will be forced to pick up the manga. lol.
Which got licensed by YenPress so, probably will do that anyway.

but, If there is a second season I hope she tells them like in the first ep so we have the following eps to see the aftermath. I would have probably been angry if the last words had been "I'm a girl" and not see their reactions.
Sep 19, 2015 11:16 AM

Dec 2012
tryhard drama until the end huh
my hopes were shattered again ffs
it's brains base,no second season fortunately
4.5/10
Sep 19, 2015 11:18 AM

May 2015
They can't just make out Matsuoka has feelings for Tachibana and then just leave it...
I hope there's a second season of Aoharu x Kikanjuu.
Yukimura is so gay for matsuoka xD
Sep 19, 2015 11:30 AM

Sep 2013
Please let there be a second season omg! I need more bishies in my life lmao.
I think not revealing Tachibana's gender (yet.. probably..) is fine. Gender can take a back seat - their smiles are more important yes yes :)
Sep 19, 2015 11:42 AM

Jul 2015
My favorite anime season is over </ 3
It was a good ending things ended up solving, got a wanting more despite that I think will not have another season.
Sep 19, 2015 11:48 AM

Feb 2014
Nice ending. Yukki is one of my fave characters, he has a really good personality, he's adorable and I really like his voice actor.I really want a second season, to see them practice and get better for TGC and then beat Hoshishiro! Ofc we should also see Tachibana finally tell Mattsun and Yukki she's a girl... I waited so long and nothing the whole first season ;-;
Sep 19, 2015 11:52 AM

May 2015
ElenirLachlagos said:
That's something I liked about this anime.
It's about humans, not boys & girls. There was human character development and it just didn't matter whether they had a Y chromosome or not.
So I didn't like the romance at the end too much.

I totally agree with you. Even though it was intriguing but it actually showed how boys and girls can freely interact with each other when they are not affected by stereotypes or gender roles.
Sep 19, 2015 12:15 PM

May 2010
Such a good insert song. Well, cliche ending is cliche. I mean, at least reveal your gender, Hotaru. I mean, it could on a end "Guys, I have something to say. Actually, I am..." note. WAY TO RUIN POTENTIAL

Matsuoka pulled a Tamaki there. Why is my heart pounding? Even though he is a guy...

Well as cliche as it was, I liked this show. The comedy was very nice. Would probably watch a S2... just hope it is better.
Sep 19, 2015 12:44 PM

Jun 2013
she challenged him but she kept on losing lol well that was cheesy
Sep 19, 2015 12:59 PM

Jan 2015
MATTSUN IS GAY AHOIFACLVABVILBEAHOIHFòCAJFICHEAO 11/10
2nd season when
Sep 19, 2015 1:05 PM

Dec 2013
I liked what I got, but I'm disappointed by the lack of resolution. This show will probably never get a second season so imo it ended the best it could. Insert song was nice and Tachibana's blood-lust is always BA. 8/10 from me.

Sep 19, 2015 1:12 PM

May 2015
vikki7783 said:
WELL IT'S OVER. /crying

I can see a lot of people rated it low and the MAL ranking is in the 2000s, but this is a 10/10 for me and I don't care what anyone says.

season 2 pls. Or at least someone regularly translating the manga.

Agreed! <3

LOL at Yukki refusing to apologize, then clinging to Masamune again. XD And I got to see that part animated where Masamune starts to fall for Hotaru~! >w<

Seriously, I want a season 2. Member #4 would be nice to see... .3. And just more of everyone! (especially Masamune and Hotaru now that Masamune's problems are resolved)
Sep 19, 2015 1:17 PM

May 2015
KamSung said:
Well a second season for sure now huh, I guess Matsuoka's parents will get some screentime too.

Wait, a second season is confirmed?? (plz b tru)
Sep 19, 2015 1:18 PM

Nov 2013
Really enjoyed the show, but I did want Hotaru to finally tell them that she's a girl. But Mattsun's moment of doubt about his heterosexuality was kinda cute.

Good show, 7/10 for now. Will raise it to an 8/10 however, if it gets a second season.
Sep 19, 2015 1:22 PM

Mar 2014
Hotaru should of just kept it a secret so Masamune would of just kept on questioning his sexuality lol.
But seriously, I don't even know if I liked that ending. I think i would rather have Hotoru just tell them rather than it cutting off into the credits but whatever, it is what it is. 6/10 for me :D
Zanos1Sep 19, 2015 1:31 PM
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Sep 19, 2015 1:58 PM

Feb 2013
Damn, the entire season waiting for her confession, I'm so pissed.
-Kurisuta- said:
But Mattsun's moment of doubt about his heterosexuality was kinda cute.

Agree hahaha he was so cute :D

7/10 hoping for a second season!
Sep 19, 2015 2:04 PM

Dec 2013
12 Episodes and no "I'm actually a girl" confession.
This entire show's premises was built upon that hypocritical lie, which isn't saying much, since the MC is as immune to the justice that she swears that she lives by for some reason.

Still waiting for her lie to be exposed.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 19, 2015 2:17 PM

Dec 2014
It was soooo sweet c: Almost cried when Masamune fulfilled his part of the deal and asked Hotaru to join Toy Gun Gun again.
Something tells me there's so much story yet to be told. Season 2 come forth!!!
Sep 19, 2015 3:52 PM

Sep 2013
I can't believe they trolled us!! All that resolve gone to waste. I'm not sure what to think about the ending....

The best part about this episode was probably Yuki and Mattsun's breakup-makeup at the end. Yuki is adorable and he knows it!

I feel like after this episode, all the drama so far was based on Mattsun's personal vendetta against Midori for abandoning him like an unwanted puppy. So.... Wouldn't Midori's solution of accepting Mattsun and Yuki into his team actually solve everything then? But I guess that would go against Hotaru's warped reasonings and whole plot point of rejoining Toy Gun Gun, so I probably should't touch base on that.

Anyway, I guess this was a decent one-time watch overall. I wouldn't mind a sequel which actually had Toy Gun Gun face off against Midori's team and at least not lose so horribly....
DoragonessUSep 19, 2015 3:55 PM
Sep 19, 2015 5:51 PM

Jul 2014
Meh, can't say that there was anything that I liked about this anime. Also, the yaoi vibes annoyed the fuck outta me.
Sep 19, 2015 5:54 PM

May 2015
she's still not tell the truth, untill the end
this eps is truly cliffhanger
Sep 19, 2015 5:56 PM

Oct 2011
Its over NOOOO T______T

What about them finally beating Hoshijiro????????
Sep 19, 2015 6:22 PM

Mar 2013
That was a very fun ride. "Different" from what I am used to. The fact that Tachibana was a trap and not an actual guy, was a turn-off at the beginning but I ended up accepting her, and eventually liking her personality.
It was very fun to see Yukimura being a pervert every once in a while with that doujinshis of his.
A plus in this show for me was Midori. He was a two-faced sadistic and a real bastard. But that's what I liked about him, he was real when it came to play in the field. Although his best personality was when he was on 'pediatrician' mode. So cute! and handsome. I'm sure Fujimon had a thing for Midori... But I won't depth into that, lol.
I had a huge problem with how ridiculously serious they were about the survival games. That seriousness brought the drama, which in my opinion was absolutely unnecessary. Why would you get SO damn obsessed over a game? It's not like you're actually going to die. I guess there is people like that...
Anyway, the good points about this show overweight the bad ones. I enjoyed this show way too much. I hope we get a second season. Most likely we will.
Sep 19, 2015 6:27 PM

Nov 2011
Good show, crappy ending. The last 4 episode's were pointless "I'm going to tell them I am a girl"...No you're not.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 19, 2015 7:41 PM

May 2010
So she didn't tell them in the end after all.. and now we will never know
Sep 19, 2015 8:16 PM

Jul 2013
I'm so salty that Hotaru didn't even confess she was a girl. I was looking forward to it all season.

Despite occasionally finding this anime entertaining, and finding Masamune and Midori EXTREMELY attractive, I'm giving this anime a 5/10. It was pretty meh all around.
Sep 19, 2015 8:21 PM

Oct 2011
Jonesy974 said:
12 episodes.

No defeating of rival team.

No confession about being a girl.
- we wont even start about how Hotaru's lie has now given Masamune homosexual feelings now.

Why did I see this through when nothing happened?

Generous 6/10 for; Leaving and Rejoining the Team Over and Over for 12 Episodes: The Animation

This.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aoharu x Kikanjuu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2015

98 by almightybismarck »»
Jan 5, 2023 9:39 PM

» Dresses like a boy???

Shizuma1234 - Mar 3, 2022

4 by Twins26 »»
May 20, 2022 5:42 AM

» There's no way this is a "shounen" oriented anime

JokerxHisoka - Jul 5, 2015

28 by Shizuma1234 »»
Mar 3, 2022 9:21 PM

» Stop talking in the 3rd person

semianonymous - Sep 6, 2015

17 by Shizuma1234 »»
Mar 3, 2022 9:14 PM

Poll: » Aoharu x Kikanjuu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2015

218 by HagePotPotato »»
Oct 21, 2020 11:14 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.