Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Heroic Legend of Arslan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 14, 2015 5:34 PM
Oct 2010
I loved how Daryun has a mirror character now to offset his strength and how Gieve has finally started to become part of the group and not only be in it for himself and to try to get laid with Falangies.
Jun 14, 2015 5:57 PM

Dec 2014
StevenHu said:

The "religious" fanatics are ridiculous at this point in the show. Such absurd actions from them make for poor one-sided antagonists as we can already see in the short-run. If only what they "preached" held more weight for us viewers. After all, they are the driving force that jumpstarted everything in this show. For their more than villainous intentions to shine through so thinly veiled is unfortunate for a rather political story. One method of improvement would been for followers of the religion to be shown having greater individuality instead of acting in accordance of an evil hive-mind for the most parts, thus being far more convincing.

This is very, very accurate. I'm still holding out for Silver Mask, he has potential as a villain. I just wish his rage towards those not involved with the incident was less. It would make him a more sympathetic villain that would cause many to look at his cause as just, making Arslan's quest a bit less one-sided (from the perspective of the viewers that is).
Jun 14, 2015 9:08 PM

Jul 2009
Amazing episode!

I'm kinda sick and tired of seeing Silvermask's face. Just remove the damn thing if your really not scared of people fearing your face.

At least we got some backstory about him.

Xandes is a wimp. Not worthy of Kharlan's name. Would have died early if Daryun didn't spared him.

Arslan is a good king, and the people all over Pars and everywhere will be shock once they see him the new king emerges. Even willing to throw away his rank and class just to save Elam. I also got a new respect for Geive for throwing some of his money just to save Arslan.

Can't wait for the next episode!
Jun 14, 2015 9:15 PM
Feb 2010
Hakaya said:
Elam is blushing XD

Yeah, it's really cute.

StevenHu said:
The "religious" fanatics are ridiculous at this point in the show. Such absurd actions from them make for poor one-sided antagonists as we can already see in the short-run. If only what they "preached" held more weight for us viewers. After all, they are the driving force that jumpstarted everything in this show. For their more than villainous intentions to shine through so thinly veiled is unfortunate for a rather political story. One method of improvement would been for followers of the religion to be shown having greater individuality instead of acting in accordance of an evil hive-mind for the most parts, thus being far more convincing.

This isn't anything new; the Earth Cult / Terraists in Tanaka's Legend of the Galactic Heroes are pretty similar in that regard (unfortunately).

Fireego said:
Aww, Arslan saves Elam. Do we start shipping? <3.

Absolutely. I originally shipped Arslan with Etoile, but after finding out spoilers ... well, now I'm going with Elam. And they're cute together! There's barely any art of Elam on Pixiv, though, and the yaoi is all Elam x Narsus. And nothing explicit (not even shirtless stuff).
Jun 14, 2015 10:05 PM

Jan 2015
Seriously what kind of troops is so undisciplined that they would place picking up gold coins on the ground obviously thrown as a bait (by their target) over their mission??!
Jun 15, 2015 1:36 AM
May 2015
Corwen said:
Excellent development in this episode.

Agree
Jun 15, 2015 1:40 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
TokonatsuYuu said:
Seriously what kind of troops is so undisciplined that they would place picking up gold coins on the ground obviously thrown as a bait (by their target) over their mission??!

It looks like from this scene they were not well-trained troops. Based on how quickly their country has been expanding I'm not surprised the quality of their troops are now diluted and low.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 15, 2015 7:16 AM

Sep 2014
Good episode. Finally know a bit more about Hermes. Still don't know why Daryun didn't kill Kharlan's son. I bet he'll be back some other time or something. Oh well, the journey to Peshwar carries on!
Jun 15, 2015 9:29 AM

Feb 2015
I definitely really want a spoiler for Arslan's background. (Or at least, I want to see if my theory is correct).
Jun 15, 2015 10:26 AM

Nov 2012
I'm not a fan of the hypocrisy of this series, I can tell it's going to go in a route where the prince will be ruler justified by his kindness, strength and all that jazz rather than blood, but if it wasn't for heirs and thought to be blood none of them would have been around him in the first place. Silver Mask is the rightful king.
Jaywalker.
Jun 15, 2015 2:29 PM

Aug 2014
I'm really loving this series so far!!<3
Ellam blushing so cute >.<
Nice to see that Arslan lived outside the castle for years (nice parenting) and Gieve finally acknowledges Arslan now
wakka9ca said:
TokonatsuYuu said:

It looks like from this scene they were not well-trained troops. Based on how quickly their country has been expanding I'm not surprised the quality of their troops are now diluted and low.

Money > Country lol
But yeah the quality of the troops may be really low, or they just don't care about the country and are only there for the money, which I think is very probably specially since it already showed that they really have rotten personalities.
ShiroAki1997Jun 15, 2015 2:33 PM
Jun 15, 2015 4:24 PM

Sep 2010
that BL moment at the end of the eisode. wouldn't be surprised to find out that elam is actually a girl, given how good (s)he cooks #misogny#imasexistidiot

"Be who you are and say what you mean, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Jun 16, 2015 12:58 AM
Nov 2013
LOL With Hanae's voice, no way Elam can be a girl... I think I would love their relationship more if he is a boy though, because if it's a girl, we viewers will ship them as romatic couple. At least being a boy can reduce that percent XD! The bonding between Arslan and Elam here would be deeper in future since this is the proof that Arslan is different from royalty and his kindness. Elam would become important in future though, as a mean for people to see Arslan's kindness. Also, Arslan can have a friend XD! Man, hope they are the same age.

For the religion, I'm no good with this, but I don't think it's illogical. Even Arslan did ask "If your God said everyone is equal, whykilling people?". I would love if they show more of the political side in Ectabana, like how the citizens feel, how they preach the religion buy burning old cultures. I find it intriguing though. The best part of that in this ep is how we find out the King's brother knew that it's not God's will but his own will to invade, and the soldiers awake of that as well. And he absolutely against the idea of Bodin wanting to use God to kill people "for fun". He got what he needs to do to prevent a possible uprising. This makes the war kinda less obvious in which side is right, and I wish we would know about the true intention of him invading Pars, maybe some kind of harsh situation in Lusitania?

Anyhow, Elam, best tsundere boy! Absolutely love Arslan as main character, he is kind but not useless, he kills people with no hesitation and not being an absolute Gary Stu, thanks god!
Jun 16, 2015 1:57 AM
Nov 2010
Was it just me? I found the animation between Daryun and Kharlan's son to be very choppy..... enough to take me out of the action.

Other than, I was super surprised when Gieve threw the 2 bags of gold. I wonder what happened to Narsus...

It seems like the masked dude is the legit heir..and they haven't shed any light at all on the circumstance of Arslan's birth, the way his mom and dad ignored him make me wonder what the real deal is, especially with the reveal that he was raised in a normal school...

I also agree that the religious fanatics are a bit to floppy as real antagonists. At least quote some damn verses or something. Take a page from Game of Thrones or SG-1. Or Kenshin if that's too foreign. Perhaps it's reflecting the writer's perception about religion and religious people in general.
yngtadpoleJun 16, 2015 2:03 AM
Jun 16, 2015 5:28 AM
Jul 2018
That was amazing, Daryun and Farangis double team was epic! The preview looks awesome and I'm glad that Gieve is finally trying to fit into the team.
Jun 16, 2015 7:26 AM

Jun 2013
Daryun got a worthy oppenent in Kharlan's son
Jun 16, 2015 2:13 PM

May 2014
Episode was really really enjoyable.

I'm so happy at least Sam survived.. If only Shapur did as well :/

The development for Gieve and Elam made me so happy.
Gieve best character confirmed!
I'm interested in where Narsus is now, and also interested in Kharlan's son.

Can any novel reader let us know if they are rushing the novel or not? (even though it's just been 1 episode)
I hope the pacing stays on point.

Jun 16, 2015 2:15 PM

May 2014
Xykko said:
that BL moment at the end of the eisode. wouldn't be surprised to find out that elam is actually a girl, given how good (s)he cooks #misogny#imasexistidiot

I'd ship Elam x Arslan xD

Jun 16, 2015 11:24 PM

Mar 2015
Animation and art in this scene looks beautiful.
Jun 17, 2015 4:52 AM

Nov 2010
Oh that Arslan, trying to save everyone like Emiya Shirou

Daryun versus Xandes looked good
I wonder where Narsus went to though
Jun 17, 2015 6:16 AM

Jul 2009
So silver mask is the old heir. Arslan is kind, I wonder why he used to live away from de palace...
Jun 17, 2015 6:48 AM

Nov 2011
The whole episode has little to offer, were it not for the latest revelations made by Arslan, the evolution of the relationship between he and Elam and the introduction of Zande, in addition to fighting, there would be very little to rejoice. Depressing then see the beauty of antithetical scenes juxtaposed with drawings increasingly oxymoron of the first. This thing for a long time to write, will lead to a collapse in favor of a senseless and indistinct opinion of generalized ugliness. The plot keeps its strengths, but without the presence of Narses, the poor can not Daryun lot when animations and CG are horrible to see during the fighting. Episode that is saved for the skin of our teeth, but I remain confident, the elements to do well there, starting from the characters, continuing with the story and ending with OST and scenery; but the production studio is pulling once the rope too.
Jun 17, 2015 9:21 PM
Jan 2012
Wintovisky said:
Confucius said:
Yoshiki Tanaka really hates religious folks lol. All of them have been portrayed to be silly lunatics so far.

Fits many Brazillian religious folks (in this decade, actually, year) pretty well lol.

Brazilian? What the hell are you talking about? Looks like a brazilian teenager whose mother prohibited to watch Naruto.

Anyway, this episode sucks.
Jun 18, 2015 6:20 AM

Jul 2012
Confucius said:
Yoshiki Tanaka really hates religious folks lol. All of them have been portrayed to be silly lunatics so far.

And rightfully so.
Jun 18, 2015 12:41 PM

Aug 2014
uver said:
Confucius said:

And rightfully so.

It is funny seeing the similarities between Arslan and LOTGH.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Jun 20, 2015 1:35 AM

Dec 2014
well there is one thing that bugs me...
xandes was already carrying that FatA** Sword on his horse..yet he uprooted an entire tree trunk... basically adding the entire weight on the horse and during the entire action(of uprooting the trunk) the horse remained still.

Jun 22, 2015 10:54 PM

Mar 2014
It must be tough for Hermes to be reminded of his vengeance every time he looks at his very own face. Poor dude must have low self-confidence with others.

Xandes seems pretty stupid off the bat. Brute strength is nothing in the face of power and mobility combined. While he was flicking off that tree, Daryun could've stabbed him :L

Finally, Gieve has gained true respect for Arslan, although I can't guarantee that is the same for the loyalty he pledged. The ED was pretty badass though.
Jun 28, 2015 2:58 AM

Jul 2008
Someone please kill that priest...

and was that Ichigo as Kharlan's son?
Jul 4, 2015 6:25 AM

Jan 2015
god dammit...i let cutting arrows out of the sky slide because it's pretty much par for the course in this genre at this point...but blocking that behemoth monstrosity of a greatsword (swung by someone who is apparently capable of uprooting a tree stump with brute force) with a wooden spear handle? jesus fucking christ...

honestly, they should have just done this: ...it would have been just as believable
IceTaKuJul 4, 2015 6:31 AM
Jul 4, 2015 12:35 PM

May 2014
Great episode, finally some non-manga content (if I'm right).
Nice development for Gieve and Arslan. I hope they stay together after all this.
We didn't see Narsus anymore though, after they got seperated.
Jul 7, 2015 4:43 PM

Feb 2013
Picking up half a tree with a giant sword is totally a normal every day occurrence.
Jul 8, 2015 10:21 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode, Arslan is just too nice.
Jul 18, 2015 12:08 PM

Jan 2011
This show definitely has some problems with realism, such as OP as fuck characters and magic arrow slicing, but nothing big enough to really turn me off.
Main story is still pretty good, yay~
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Aug 20, 2015 12:15 PM

Aug 2014
that was the queen standing behind hermes, wasn't it?

what was narsus doing while the rest were busy though?
Aug 27, 2015 7:45 PM

Jun 2014
Stuff happened! This were revealed! Action! Suspense!

I dont remember any details from this episode at all.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Sep 26, 2015 4:24 AM

Apr 2014
Whoa, Arslan really earned Gieve's respect and loyalty this episode. The kingdom he will have will definitely be a great one, especially with the great people behind him.
Sep 29, 2015 2:04 PM

Jan 2015
"You're supposed to have died in the fire sixteen years ago !"... But he recognized his face instantly, search for the mistake...
"Oh no, there's a fire...Rescue Prince Hermes." In a castle made of stone, search for the mistake...
Dozens of arrows shot, a signle sword strike to stop them all... search for the mistake...
The animation this ep was fucked up.
This anime is shit.
The hype concerning same LoGH author was not real.
HapHazrDSep 29, 2015 2:08 PM
Jan 13, 2016 11:43 AM

May 2012
Pretty good episode, let's see what's next!
Jan 26, 2016 4:07 AM

Jun 2011
I thought this episode was pretty meh. Are you guys praising the series because it is written by LotGH's author? Or is it because it's an anime with a medieval warring setting? (which is a setting most people would like, from what I have observed thus far) Not to say that you guys can't like it simply because it's enjoyable though.

I find Daryun's "I can't kill someone who has been unhorsed" sort of a cop-out in order to let the son lives, just because you can't have the guy die soon after his introduction, in which quite a bit of time was spent on. That didn't sit right with me.

Gieve being convinced by Arslan was done in a cliche way too. "I just witness his kindness, he is different, he is the main character, I now pledge my loyalty to him".

Arslan's "tomodachi" talk was cringeworthy too.

The series so far has been lenient on Arslan and his gang. They have fend off their pursuers so easily so many times already. It's starting to bore me with the pursuing subplot.

Also, I don't see how the opening fits this series at all. Or maybe it's just me.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 14, 2016 8:12 AM

Mar 2010
I didn't find this episode all that appealing, though we got to see some inhuman strength from .. that one guy.. yeah I can't remember the name .__.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 15, 2016 6:33 AM

Oct 2013
The character development in this episode was fantastic. Gieve is such a cool dude, for real. I loved when he threw out his gold.

ToG25thBaam said:

Gieve being convinced by Arslan was done in a cliche way too. "I just witness his kindness, he is different, he is the main character, I now pledge my loyalty to him".

Nah. In normal circumstances, your logic would make sense, but it really is exceptional for royalty to act like Arslan does. Arslan makes for a compelling leader to commoners and those whose loyalty stretches no further than themselves (such as Gieve).

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Apr 17, 2016 7:58 AM

Jul 2014
Seeing Hermes' flashback and hearing his younger self I immediately recognized Kaji Yuki's voice. This anime really has one hell of a lineup in terms of voice actors.

Anyway, I'm glad Gieve (sort of?) showed a little more allegiance to Arslan. His loyalty directed to Farangis and not to Arslan always worried me. I like his character and I really don't want him to betray Arslan or something... hopefully their relationship gets even better from here~
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
May 25, 2016 7:42 PM

Jul 2013
Really glad to see Arslan character progression. Though he's been kind to other people especially his servants ever since, he's starting to be more a leader. And he's improved in fighting as well.

Wonder where Narsus ran off to.
Jun 30, 2016 2:11 PM

Jul 2015
SilverMask identity was quite obvious^^
Jul 19, 2016 7:19 PM

Sep 2013
Oh man... this episode had some of the worst choreography in the entire series thus far. One guy used the same combo against Gieve THREE times in a row , I felt like I was watching re-used Gundam fight scenes.

Butthurt son can lift a tree (while Darius just stands to the side and watches him lel) but couldn't dent Darry's spear shaft on a 90 degree downward swing. RIP

I am also troubled by how easily people are swatting arrows out of the sky like pests. Good god.
Sep 7, 2016 11:34 PM

Mar 2015
Yeah, if we could stop dicing a thousand arrows at once, that'd be great.
Oct 28, 2016 2:34 AM

Mar 2012
Him being the legitimate heir to the throne doesn't make the guy any less of a psychopath.
Jan 22, 2017 12:05 PM

Oct 2015
wow, brave Arslan protecting his friend, you won't see any other royalty do that huh.
now that must be a VERY special prince **
Feb 5, 2017 10:20 PM

Dec 2012
Let it burn.

I noticed that clothing error on Farangis oppai.

This guy Xandes really pulled out a tree while riding on a horse.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jun 29, 2017 9:39 AM

Aug 2013
Glad Sam is still alive.

Arsnaln saving Elam impressed Gieve. He isn't your typical royal.

On to Peshawar.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2015

160 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 30, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2015

174 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 29, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2015

237 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 29, 4:09 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tyrel - Apr 5, 2015

326 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 29, 3:41 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2015

84 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Mar 1, 3:00 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.