Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Heroic Legend of Arslan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Oct 18, 2015 5:27 AM

May 2012
Pretty solid first episode, let's see what this anime will offer us from a story.
Jan 25, 2016 7:22 PM

Jun 2011
dolly94 said:
The series looks really promising, though seriously Arslan should be off as a heroine, too moe LOL.
ExtraCheeky said:
Arslan is better off being a girl though.
I am glad this wasn't the case. I actually thought that it would have sucked if he was revealed to be a girl.

The series didn't seem all that interesting at the beginning. I didn't like those intros that introduce the setting/history of the story first, simply because I don't care enough to remember all the names, unless I started caring about the characters and his or hers circumstances. It has gotten pretty good towards the end though.

Hopefully Arslan doesn't get too emo too often, I didn't like how they did the grim look on his face after he learned that the Lusitania's prisoners were killed. He can be curious, he can be sad, but don't show him looking absolutely devastated. -.- He did recover pretty quickly later on so it's all fine.

I don't know how to feel about skipping 3 years by the end of the episode though. It would have been interesting to know more of his thoughts on the matter of what the blonde kid from Lusitania told him, being equal treatment no matter what age/class you are. (I wonder about gender since it wasn't mentioned)

robis798 said:
The CGI looked great, I don't know what are you smoking. Or has it become something mandatory to say, that if you see any sort of CGI it's automatically bad.
The CGI didn't look good at all, but it doesn't affect much enjoyment wise imo because it was not abused. I do also think that people only complained about CGI because it's CGI, as if they have nothing else to say about the episode. In this age, it's no longer cool hating on CGI. They should stop if that was their intention.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 26, 2016 5:25 AM

Jun 2014
Not a bad start. The episode did a nice job establishing the setting and characters.
The visuals are a bit lacking at time , but it's by no means a deal breaker.
Feb 2, 2016 4:31 PM

Jul 2014
The CGI is totally ridiculous but story-wise, it is a decent start.
Feb 7, 2016 3:25 PM

Mar 2010
Not bad, Arslan is too fucking soft. Well at least I chuckled when the king and queen made a exchange.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 9, 2016 3:56 PM

Oct 2013
10/10, this was incredible. I can count the number of debut anime episodes which impressed me this much on one hand. I loved everything about this, and it ticked so many of my boxes in what I look for in a story. Really, really hope it maintains this quality.

The CGI was fucking beautiful too; or no, the art and animation in general was fucking beautiful.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Mar 21, 2016 10:17 PM
Feb 2016
ToG25thBaam said:
dolly94 said:
The series looks really promising, though seriously Arslan should be off as a heroine, too moe LOL.
ExtraCheeky said:
Arslan is better off being a girl though.
I am glad this wasn't the case. I actually thought that it would have sucked if he was revealed to be a girl.

Please allow me to quote...
I like him as a boy now, too. Looking forward to see how he grow to a great king! But to tell the truth, I first thought the white haired kid is a girl, as I only knew the out look of the characters before I watch this. I was surprised when he talked! Took some time to accept it.

I was surprised again when I find that the voice actor isn't female but a 30 year old guy lol.

ToG25thBaam said:

I don't know how to feel about skipping 3 years by the end of the episode though. It would have been interesting to know more of his thoughts on the matter of what the blonde kid from Lusitania told him, being equal treatment no matter what age/class you are. (I wonder about gender since it wasn't mentioned)

I'm also curious about what happened in the 3 years. However, when I googled, I found that this episode is added later in the manga which this anime is based on and doesn't exist in the original novel which the manga is based on. May be that's why they didn't show much about the years...
May 23, 2016 4:57 AM

Jul 2013
Yes! A show that's about wars and battles. I've actually have my eyes on this show for quite some time now but I decided to wait until the season 2 is done airing. But whatever I'm here now might as well enjoy it.

Those Lusitanians might believe about equality but they're the aggressor here, invading other countries and shit. I hope Arslan will lead his army to victory against them.
Jun 21, 2016 10:17 PM

Oct 2015
I already LOVE THIS ANIME ASDFGHJKL
Oct 22, 2016 5:21 PM

Nov 2013
As one who enjoyed the high production quality of the 1991 Kadokawa release of this series, I found the radical redesign and simplification of characters to be disappoint.

In this series, Arslan comes across as a complete incompetent idiot. But egads, those 'Sailor Moon Eyes" Ugh..

All of the major characters seem more 'cartoonish', whereas the 1991 series had some really good art and character design.

I'm bearing with this for a while, to see if it gets better, but I am not terribly optimistic.

Oh and, the op theme is one of the least enjoyable I can remember. The original had Norishiro Tsuru's majestic music and it helped complete the rich palette of sound and visuals. This version falls far short.
Oct 27, 2016 12:54 AM

Mar 2012
Been holding this one off for a while, not the biggest fan of CGI, so it's to finally give it a go. First episode was decent. Looks like the King ain't getting none tonight ;)
Nov 7, 2016 9:10 AM
May 2016
Eir aoi is one of my favorite artists.. i loved it! just saw a friend playing the game and did al ittle research on Arslan and who he is. i saw the show and thought it was amazing
Dec 20, 2016 5:43 AM

Dec 2015
Greeeaaat, Arslan is a stupid child...I liked the ED though.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jan 22, 2017 3:19 AM

Dec 2012
CG soldiers.

Where does Arslan's hair color come from?

HOSOYA!

DAT ED! DAT NIPPLE! Eir Aoi does it again as expected.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Mar 13, 2017 7:10 PM
Aug 2014
Why would they let the kid that kidnapped the prince escape so easily? He would have been caught, imprisoned and then executed in any feudal society.
Jun 26, 2017 3:24 PM

Aug 2013
Arslan has some great parents. What a lovely relationship they have.
...What kind of parents are they!?? He seems really happy though.

A good start so far.

That ED was nice.

Dec 28, 2017 9:20 AM

May 2015
Worst royal guards I ever seen. And when universal logo came out i was like WTF.

This anime looks like typical "treason, adventure, etc."
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 1, 2018 11:34 AM
Apr 2016
I agree with U very simple ep I like it so far, except for a minor running scene I didn't like it
Feb 26, 2018 6:25 AM

Apr 2011
I remember Arslan Senki way back but never interested because I didn't like the art style. But now I'm kinda craving for an war action anime. This looks okay.

Arslan is too soft, but has a kind nature unlike his parents. He is now seeing the truth about his country, seeing slavery isn't all that prosperous based on what he was taught. But
that blonde kid's teaching about killing non believers isn't good thing either. A kid will be a kid. But he will grow mature and strong in the future.

Watching it on english dub. Its okay, but I prefer the original japanese voice, but I can't find it.
Aug 19, 2018 6:07 PM

Nov 2016
Pretty interesting! I'm not the biggest fan of CGI and this episode kinda reinforced my opinion on it, but so far so good lol
・゚☆✧you were like a glass and I always melted in you

Jan 29, 2019 12:06 AM

Jan 2013
The amouint of 3D CGI is just intrusive, can't say it makes me have great expectations.
Sep 12, 2020 1:01 AM

Nov 2018
I'm definitely looking forward to this. The art looks really good, though the animation and the CG are quite questionable. Love the ED.

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Oct 6, 2020 10:07 AM
Oct 2019
This was interesting. Will keep watching to see where it goes.
Mar 28, 2021 10:09 PM

Mar 2019
The episode was good. But the queen is damn hot.

Anime was it's best 20000 years ago, when cavemen drew art with real depth.
Modern anime is all garbage. I miss great old days of anime.
Feb 20, 2022 10:06 AM
Nov 2020
Everything was good for episode 1, why low rating , let me finish
Nov 1, 2023 3:25 PM

Feb 2012
An army with double-crosses on their shields vs an army whose shield's have the distinctive Persian shape.

ugh 3DCG troops and horses

Al takes albino Ed hostage
Well, let's see what the writer of LotGH and the artist of FMA can accomplish. Arslan is trained to become the new king in the isolation of the palace. His parents ignore him when he tries to catch their attention.
He's not only being trained with the sword but taught the kingdom's societal values, as he's destined to rule it one day. In his era, democracy in its modern form has not yet developed so his views on slavery may shock the audience

That the Lusitanians send their children to war gives Arslan the impression that Lusitania is so impoverished it's losing men of fighting age, to the kidnapper, people his age in Lusitania are already considered men.
Arslan believing the war prisoners are better off accepting their lives as slaves repulses the Lusitanian boy.
The Lusatanians worship a god named Yaldabaoth who says all men are equal and as religious fanatics, kill unbelievers. The outsider Arslan points out this irrationality.

Lusitania must be the Byzantine counterpart I'm assuming

So religious fundamentalism and opposing political ideas, this is Tanaka-sensei's writing alright.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Apr 29, 3:41 PM

Nov 2020
I started watching it because of the opening, it's a pity it wasn't in the first episode.
MC is not loved by his parents and he seems naively good, which means he will be irritating.
The CGI was disgusting.
The story will probably be about showing that slavery is bad, blah blah let's live in peace xD
4/5
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2015

160 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 30, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2015

174 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 29, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2015

237 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 29, 4:09 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2015

102 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Mar 4, 5:03 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2015

84 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Mar 1, 3:00 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.