Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 11 12 [13]
Oct 13, 2017 4:16 PM
May 2017
I felt so bad for Lancer, all he wanted was a honorable duel between him and saber but his dreams were shattered by kiritsugu and damning everyone to hell. And man Emiya has no chill when it comes to his tactics. Why were both the lancers given crappy masters
Oct 14, 2017 1:44 AM

Aug 2008
Kiritsugu was the only cool guy in the franchise, for me he is only rivaled by Accelerator from Index.

I wonder if Lancer from FSN is so mad because he remembers the events of Zero. I thought servants aren't supposed to keep their memories from previous fights.
Dec 17, 2017 7:50 AM

Apr 2013
damn Lancer only wanted a honorful fight in the end
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Jan 21, 2018 1:10 AM

Sep 2010
I liked Sola-Ui and Diarmuid. RIP. :( Sola-Ui looks a lot like one of the gals from the SMT/Persona series.

Karma got Kayneth. Ahem. Hm, I hope we get to find out why Kirei is the way he is. Seeing him giddy/confused about sparing Kariya made me curious.

For me Kiritsugu is 'edgy Spike' from Cowboy Bebop. Kir is a lot more jaded than Saber from what I can tell. Interesting dynamic between the two. Great episode, grey moral of sorts and shows war is hell.
Feb 13, 2018 5:09 AM

Mar 2016
This is definitely the best episode, I love it
Mar 22, 2018 11:09 AM
Jul 2017
KingCez said:
epic ep. fucked up lancer moment :( did like him cursing the world as he died. saber mad. kiritsugu ftl?

his death was funny enough the same way as he died in his past life, betrayed by his own master for love
Apr 20, 2018 9:16 PM

Dec 2017
It's been practically almost five years since I first watched this series and this is still one of my favourite episodes.

The moment where the true light of Kiritsugu's character and motives come to light. The look of sheer anguish on Lancer's face as he realizes he has, once again, been betrayed. The look of horror on Irisviel's face, and the looks of guilt on Saber and even Kayneth's faces as they realize the terrible atrocity they took part of.

And of course, one of the best and most well written scenes in the entire series, the ideology clash between Saber and Kirtistugu that defines Fate/Zero as a masterpiece in tragic storytelling.

Moments like this are what has made Fate/Zero one of my favourite series, and even to this day I get the same emotions upon rewatching. Truly a 10/10.
Oct 3, 2018 10:45 AM
Jun 2017
Anyone know the BGM of the part where lancer was like “I am glad to have met you” and he spins his spear?
Nov 1, 2018 11:21 AM

Aug 2017
I really feel bad for Lancer he's just trying to be fair but yet he's being played around,poor guy. I wanted the duel to be ended in a normal fashion but kiritsugu took the shot.
Saber is amazing and so beautiful<3.
Nov 18, 2018 9:09 AM

Apr 2018
Fuck every main character but lancer,saber,and white haired chick

S2 op and ed >>>S1 op and ed

5/5 ep

Even tho blonde dude and his fiance are awful people,i still felt sorry when they died.saber's master could have locked them somewhere until the war ended but he decided to go the easy way but i don't blame him at all and i love the irony too : how the blonde dude was killed with the same tactic that he used to kill that priest few minutes before his own death
AkerakaiNov 18, 2018 9:15 AM
Jan 28, 2019 12:49 AM
Jul 2018
Well, a lot of people died this episode. All of the Lancer camp is dead, and so is Kirei's father. Kiritsugo was really ruthless tbh. Kinda funny how Shirou idolizes him in F/SN, and now I get why Saber thought of him the way she did there.
Feb 27, 2019 1:05 AM

Aug 2018
A phenomenal episode. This has to be the best written and produced anime I’ve seen.
May 2, 2019 12:53 PM

Sep 2014
that throw! The single most marvelous thing in all of anime! How can any human throw a paper scroll so perfectly it lands unfolded in the hands of the receiver? Magnificant! Subarashi!

Teacher dude fell victim to the classic blunder! Should be pretty obvious just someone else kills you.

Finally stuff actually gets done here. Caster was never really part of the war (would be interesting to see the wish of his master though, he didnt seem to have any)
All this pride talk got annoying, sure Lancer and Saber are nice persons, still, they are just spirits. This isnt their personal playground.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 13, 2019 9:53 AM

Dec 2018
So many irony in 1 episode. And my guess was right, Lancer is killed by Archibald. Well I'm not quite sure of this since Archibald was ordered by Kiritsugu. But at least Archibald was involved in this.

He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Aug 7, 2019 5:14 AM

Jul 2019
Ok that was epic. Zero mercy whatsoever. A real mop up operation.
Aug 10, 2019 12:32 PM

Sep 2014
Kinda hard to like Kiritsugu after this but such is war, pretty stupid one but yeah.
Felt bad for Kayneth and Sola although they had it coming, Lancer death was really sad poor guy.
He even made Irisviel collapse at the end goddammit Emiya.
Sep 27, 2019 9:11 AM
Dec 2017
damn. my favorite episode. so emotional and painful. this ep maybe make me cry. 🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤
Jan 13, 2020 12:23 PM
Apr 2016
Any means necessary as long as he wins, huh? That might be right.
Mar 1, 2020 4:11 PM
🔥🔥🔥

Jan 2020
OMG. GAGGED. Top 10 Anime Betrayals.

First off, I am GUTTED that Lancer died. He was my favourite :'( ...and that was a really fucking shitty way to go out. I'm glad he cursed them. Kiritsugu is now top of my list for people that I want to get killed - what a total asshole. All's fair in love and war I guess.

But seriously that was the best episode so far even if we lost the best boy. 10/10

🔥 🔥 🔥 . 阿良々木 暦, 傷 物 語 . 🔥 🔥 🔥
Build a man a fire and you'll warm him for a night
but set a man on fire and you'll warm him
for the rest of his life...
- H E N D Y -
May 20, 2020 11:22 PM
Aug 2018
Finally started catching up with FZ after years, and now I have only one thing to say: Kiritsugu you're an asshole, hope you die a painful death
Dec 17, 2020 1:40 AM

Jul 2019
Damn. Some character Kiritsugu is. But he's a bit naive
May 10, 2021 2:28 AM

Jun 2020
Reading the story of Diarmuid Ua Duibhne earlier this week and then watching this episode really hit like a truck.

Absolutely love where the series is going, excited to see these last 9 episodes and how the ending came to actually be.
Have a great day!

Jun 11, 2021 1:18 AM
Mar 2018
damn this ep is lit. kiritsugu is badass af. i love him now even more.
Jun 27, 2021 2:02 PM
Jul 2018
3 straight amazing episodes. Lancer's death was legitimately sad, Kiritsugu is a monster of an anti-hero. It will be interesting to see how Saber and Kiritsugu continue as master and servant after this.
Nov 1, 2021 2:05 AM

Dec 2012
Kayneth and Risei.
Request?
Sola.
WTF!!!!!!!!!! Sola's arm!!! Maiya WTF!!!!
WTF! She shot up Sola's hand!
Kirei brings Kariya home.
Kayneth gets a new command spell.
OH SHIT! He shot Risei!
Lancer sees Sola's hand.
Screw you Kayneth for talking to Lancer like that.
Saber and Iri arrive.
Saber vs Lancer.
Lancer is glad to have met Saber.
Kiritsugu is pointing the gun at Sola.
A Self-Geass scroll? Unbreakable contract?
Norikata. 5th descendant.
Dem conditions. You better save Sola!

Fuck Kayneth for being a scumbag master to Lancer. He didn't deserve any of that. For killing my waifu, Sola, I can't help but feel pissed at Kiritsugu. She didn't have to die. Immediately after Lancer vanished, he stepped to the side and gave Maiya the signal to light them up even though Sola didn't have to die. I accept her hand being chopped off and shot at. She inserted herself into the War and became a part of it once the Command spells appeared on her hand. Thats fair. But they went further than that. This is my 2nd time watching this episode and I'm more fucked up this time than I was the 1st time 9 years ago, and I was fucked up back then. I literally had no words for the rest of the episode once I saw Sola get shot. This is the most GoT episode yet, and the irony is that back in April 2012, they were airing on the same day-ish (time zones). Also, Kiritsugu refuses to talk/conversate TO Saber. Not once has he spoken to Saber. Saber asks him a question. Iri tells him to answer it then he talks to Iri. Not Saber. LMAO Then when he actually says something after Saber something to him, it's like he's talking to audience more than he's talking to her.

Farewell, Lancer. You deserved better. RIP Sola. I wish I could have saved you.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Nov 7, 2021 10:51 AM
Aug 2017
Why is lancer always getting fucked like this. Why can't he get a good master fucks sake

Ha suck it Kayneth you just got fucked big time and I enjoyed every moment of it

Maiya cut off Sola's arm excellent work

Lol Kiritsugu said he wouldn't kill them but he never said Maiya wouldn't. Smart move, Kayneth is retarded for not speaking against the contract and stating that the terms should be that no harm would come to him or his fiance from Kiritsugu and anyone related to him but whatever.

I agree with Kiritsugus thinking. Saber is foolish and naive

OceanStream13Nov 7, 2021 10:55 AM
Nov 16, 2021 5:29 PM

Jun 2020
broooooooo 💀💀💀💀 kiritsugu is such a gamer omg
Jan 14, 2022 8:42 PM
Apr 2009
The only person who gets a satisfying end is caster 😂
Apr 9, 2022 6:40 AM

Jun 2019
Man... I felt so bad for Lancer there. He doesn't deserve something like this. His last wish was a duel with Saber and even that couldn't come to a conclusion. I also loved his character. What a cheap way to go. Kiritsugu is playing the antagonist here. At least, that's what I think it is.
May 1, 2022 11:00 AM

Feb 2021
Disrespect from Kiritsugu. Apparently he thinks he's doing something good for the world so it's ok tho
Jun 13, 2022 10:10 AM
Nov 2020
Damn Kiritsugu doesn't give a shit, he literally said "fuck off" lol, also press F to pay respect for lancer he got betrayed 2 times
Nov 22, 2022 4:00 PM

Apr 2022
I'm so excited to learn more about kiritsugu and irisvel's condition!
“I won’t rely on anyone anymore. I don’t care if no one understands.” – Homura Akemi
Feb 5, 2023 12:39 PM

Dec 2012
Looking back, I think this episode is what definitely convinced me of F/Z's absolute genius. The way it pits flawed yet compelling ideologies against one another, setting the stage for the despair that failing to meet them brings.
Feb 18, 2023 1:13 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Couldn't have had a better title for this episode than "End of Honour". Actually no, I would've call it: "Honour: F*CKING MURDERED". This is the best episode so far, overtaking "Discussing The Grail".

I wonder how important the mediator is, apart from providing a safe haven for ex-masters or offering additional command spells. The dude was already kind of biased as he sent everyone after Caster, so maybe his role isn't so important as to cause everything to fall into absolute pandemonium should he die, which he does, by Kayneth. Speaking of, man it kind of pisses me off to see probably the least honourable master (at least from what we see on the surface, perhaps everyone is equally as dishonourable to a degree. As for Ryuunsoke, he was just a crazy dude) paired with the most honourable servant (could also be Saber of course, she sure kept her honour in not using her left hand to honour the duel). You just gotta feel so bad for Lancer, probably the most tragic character in this series. Man just wanted a good fight, and it all ends for him by him killing himself with a command spell from Kayneth, forced to do it, by Kiritsugu. 

This is kind of the first time where Saber and Kiritsugu actually speak to each other, and it's a discussion about the worth of honour. Saber's willing to be the morally upstanding knight through and through, but Kiritsugu is willing to get blood on his hands with the goal in mind that one day no blood will ever have to be shed again. 

As far as my memory goes, this is probably the best episode of Fate Zero for me.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 20, 2023 2:44 PM
Jan 2023
The best episode yet!
Apr 5, 2023 11:03 PM
Feb 2021
Fucking hell what an episode. Kiritsugu is super fucked, but he has the right idea of how to win the war, granted, he could've just gotten the dude to withdraw from the war permanently instead of killing him. I probably would've had the dude killed though, personally. He's a dick. Idk, Saber is pretty stupid in her logic, I mean, it makes some sense, but at the end of the day, she is just a killer. There's no possible way for her to live up to her ideal, and in the context of war, there's really no way to spin it as noble, it just comes across kinda cringe that she does. I do get it in the context of the grail war, though. Honestly, idk. There's been so much fuckery on all sides, which is to be expected, Saber just kinda treats everything like a game, I guess. She's very disconnected from the reality of her situation, and I'm sure that'll get her into trouble, but I really don't want anyone else to win the war. Whata fuckin episode, this show is something else really.
May 20, 2023 9:19 PM
Feb 2020
That ending caught me off guard
Jul 25, 2023 5:50 AM
Jul 2023
Holy crap, that was amazing. Kiritsugu is so great, new favourite episode
- I feel so bad for Lancer, i loved him so much
- While what Kiritsugu did was 'bad', it was definitely necessary.
- Kayneths wife got merced and then once again along with him lol
- wow, there goes the overseer i guess
ApreggiJul 25, 2023 7:53 PM
Sep 13, 2023 8:14 AM

Dec 2022
Now i truly understand why being Lancer is suffering...
My love and hate for Kiri grows as usual lmao.

Dec 1, 2023 7:24 PM

Nov 2023
What an evil guy bruh! I would punch him in the face many times
Dec 4, 2023 4:11 AM

May 2008
I don't like the story at all tbh but the action is pretty good. At least one of the mains is gone now.
Dec 5, 2023 2:21 PM
Dec 2021
decent episode, great looking fight, brutality on display. I agree with both saber and master in their debate to a point. But despite all of this, I'm not feeling it as much as I was season 1, hopefully this changes. Still an above average show.
Pages (13) « First ... « 11 12 [13]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KiraYoshikage - Apr 7, 2012

529 by CondeSebastian »»
May 23, 3:10 AM

» What's next?

infinite_Shadows - Apr 10

14 by Spoopy69 »»
May 17, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - May 12, 2012

589 by frieren2024 »»
Apr 26, 4:02 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2012

1325 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

655 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.