Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 11, 2015 9:21 AM

Nov 2013
hope you guys are prepared for the glee club they set up next ep, they occasionally sing about how vampires suck and play spin the bottle naked in between songs.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Apr 11, 2015 9:27 AM

Aug 2014
Cutting vampires is so fun.
Apr 11, 2015 9:28 AM
Jul 2010
OP is embarrassingly lame. I don't know how Sawano put that out.
ED is decent, but it could've been catchier.
Episode itself was a pretty big dive from the first one, quality- and story-wise.
I hope something comes to shake things up.
Apr 11, 2015 9:29 AM

Dec 2013
This just hit a new low. Awful.

Protagonist is horrible. So arrogant, it makes me cringe.

I don't want to drop a show so soon, but damn it, it's testing me.

1/5
Apr 11, 2015 9:33 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
robis798 said:

1/5
What's so bad about it considering that he had the skills to back it up?
Apr 11, 2015 9:34 AM

Aug 2014
People should enjoy this for the generic shounen it is.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Apr 11, 2015 9:34 AM

May 2010
Great OP song and as last time i love some of the backgrounds but the episode itself felt like a different anime from last weeks ep. not really fond of it sofar for some reason.

MC is really garbage with his "i live for revenge and i dont need friends" ...

Also why was there a vampire near or in the school building?
When the vampire chick broke out why was every running and some of the students were sitting around? Some things just dont make sense considering the world they live in.

3/5
Apr 11, 2015 9:35 AM

Jan 2011
A good episode. Pretty good adaptation even though some things have changed. I can see the ships rising around Yuu.

And with Sawano, music is good as always (though I srsly think he should try more styles).

Also why all the hate because of the sudden school setting?? coz if you do hate it then you've obviously watched enough anime to know that it's an anime norm. Whenever there's school setting, generally you just shut off your brain and just watch it for the fun of it.
Apr 11, 2015 9:41 AM

May 2010
mileveren said:

Also why all the hate because of the sudden school setting?? coz if you do hate it then you've obviously watched enough anime to know that it's an anime norm. Whenever there's school setting, generally you just shut off your brain and just watch it for the fun of it.

that is some crazy logic right there. watching hundrets of anime shows still doesnt make the school setting less overused. it may be a common setting but its far from being the norm for anime.
Apr 11, 2015 9:41 AM

Jan 2014
I found it funny that Yuuichirou did not pass out when he landed on the ground, given that he fell through a tree from first floor and had someone on top of him but when Yoichi fell and slipped into him, he went unconscious.

Okay episode but i did not feel the OST as i did in the first episode, also yeah the OP makes it quite obvious that Mikaela is still alive.
Apr 11, 2015 9:42 AM
Oct 2014
Nice episode. Different from the last one, but it was good. I like the new characters, pretty weak introduction, but still good.
Apr 11, 2015 9:42 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
CandyFace said:
I found it funny that Yuuichirou did not pass out when he landed on the ground, given that he fell through a tree from first floor and had someone on top of him but when Yoichi fell and slipped into him, he went unconscious.

Okay episode but i did not feel the OST as i did in the first episode, also yeah the OP makes it quite obvious that Mikaela is still alive.

It was obvious from the 1st episode already that he would live, so it doesn't bother me.
Apr 11, 2015 9:43 AM

Mar 2015
So yeah-- it really is going for the generic shounen route. it's not /bad/, really, just not my kind of thing. >:
kinda disappointed because of that, but I will keep watching for the fun. And the bgs, wtf they are so pretty i'm falling in love.

the only thing that i just can't bring myself to like is the MC, Yuu. He's doesn't appeal to me...at all... so i don't really care about what happens to him?? and this is bad because he's the focus of this show, so, dammit, yuu. i hope he gets better.
Apr 11, 2015 9:44 AM

Feb 2014
I hope the MC will develop a bit more and overcome that "revenge only" bullshit.

And the best grill has been confirmed, I don't need other options.
Apr 11, 2015 9:45 AM

Apr 2015
I can agree with people saying Yuu is annoying for now. He's that reckless idiot type of main character who doesn't know what he's getting into. Sure, he has the skills to back himself up but that isn't enough to go toe to toe with actual vampires yet. I can't blame him though since he's still young and had a very traumatic experience.
Apr 11, 2015 9:48 AM

Sep 2013
Good episode, the music was amazing as expected ;)

Guren is the man! XD
[/quote]
Apr 11, 2015 9:49 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Dat Japanese-Nickelback ED tho.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 11, 2015 10:01 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
ichii_1 said:
Good episode, the music was amazing as expected ;)

Guren is the man! XD
[/quote]He's best boy :)
Apr 11, 2015 10:04 AM

Jul 2013
Great OP and ED.

Shinoa is cute but I like Kururu more. Can't wait to see her.
Apr 11, 2015 10:05 AM

Mar 2011
Owari no Seraph - The next overhype of 2015. Dat supposedly "BL" moment when Yoichi jumped on Yuu and hugged him while lying down. >> referring to BL thread>>

Do you like cakes?
You don't like cakes?
I like cakes.
Apr 11, 2015 10:14 AM

Jun 2014
I like that this animation seems to be staying faithful to the manga. I honestly wouldn't mind if they decided to cut some scenes from the earlier chapters since that part in the manga is a bit slow, but I'm fine either way.

Can't wait to see that adaptation of the later chapters, I'm really looking forward to that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2015 10:18 AM

Apr 2015
SHI♡NO♡A

Good start introducing Yoichi as his first friend before being enlisted. Seems like the school setting will continue for another episode. It'll take me a while to get used to the OP but the ED was nice.
Apr 11, 2015 10:23 AM

Feb 2011
some music choices and execution of some parts were cringeworthy
but overall this is being a good adaptation

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Apr 11, 2015 10:24 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Definitely not as good as the first episode, kind of predictable throughout
Apr 11, 2015 10:29 AM

Jun 2014
robis798 said:

1/5

I understand where you're coming from, but the series does get better. To be honest it takes a while, but yeah the plot gets more interesting and Yuu gets less annoying.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2015 10:30 AM

Dec 2014
i came for action...i liked it...and anything other than that..well is a bonus

Apr 11, 2015 10:34 AM

Apr 2012
So many hate already *cries*
I know this isn't a master piece but I love the characters and the story.
And of course I loved the episode.
Apr 11, 2015 10:41 AM

Nov 2013
The best part of the OP was the animation. Holy crapioli, those transitions (especially the part where older Mika emerges from younger Mika's shadow) were amazing.

I don't know why, but I find Yuu more irksome in the anime than the manga. Maybe it's because there's a voice now to go with that stubborn, arrogant personality of his.

ichii_1 said:
Guren is the man! XD
[/quote]
I look forward to more Glen soon. My favorite character, hands down.

DatRandomDude said:
Dat Japanese-Nickelback ED tho.

Apr 11, 2015 10:50 AM

Dec 2014
I am really liking this anime. I thought it was going to crap out by the second episode but it's actually not that bad. I'm really excited for this anime. The characters are not that bad, I really like the purple haired girl and Yoichi. Hyakuya is a good character but obviously a closet tsundere.

The only thing that dissapoints me is the opening, and how they show Mika in it. They should have just left that out because now it plants the thought that he's still alive. I would rather have the point that if he IS still alive that I would have that gasping moment. That "WHAT?!?!" moment, if you know what I mean.

Overall though, I'm pretty excited for this.
Apr 11, 2015 10:52 AM

Aug 2014
This is really generic, in terms of plot, miraculously strong MC child, the not so apocalyptic-apocalyptic atmosphere, the brief moments in combat they take to talk while the enemy waits for him to finish, a shrub breaking their fall from three stories only for Yu to be knocked out when he gets pushed over by "Armin". The edgy OP and ED full with spoilers so Mika's return has zero impact. This is exactly as expected. I guess it's not bad, but it's not particularly good either. It still has a chance to be decent.
Honoka is my Hero! Click Me!
Apr 11, 2015 10:52 AM

Feb 2015
I dont know why most of you guys compare this to Attack on titan but their nothing alike at all, for me that his and i love this anime more than attack on titan... sorry for my englisg though
Apr 11, 2015 10:56 AM

Aug 2012
So some of those weird scenes still prevailed here, but it was mostly the comedy bits just feeling dumb. It's a lot harder to switch tones in an anime than in manga, but hopefully it flows better once we get more of the cast involved. Other than that, great adaptation with perfect pacing.

I feel like people are bypassing posts saying these things so I'll reiterate for redundancy's sake.
-The school setting is NOT prevalent. It's a plot device to set things up, but it's not like it's inconceivable that they would have schooling in this setting, and that Guren would place Yuu there to develop his collaboration skills(which he clearly has none of) considering they're up against an entity that is 7 times their strength.
-No this is NOT BL. The OP/ED has its fair share of fujobait unfortunately, and then there's that wtf moment with Yoichi..shimmying(?) on top of Yuu, but it's nothing more than slight pandering.
-Yuu will not remain static throughout the series. When good writers create a character that comes across annoying at first, there's a reason.

TenYasha said:
I hope the show spends a bit of time with characterization for the main cast, and isn't just about killing vampires. This episode was good though.
Expect the first cour to focus much more on characterization than world building, that's from Kagami himself. Though that characterization will involve a decent amount of vamp fights.
Apr 11, 2015 10:59 AM

May 2014
everyone crying over semantics lol. show is good so far and cant wait to learn more about the anti vamp spells/weapons
Apr 11, 2015 10:59 AM

Jun 2014
Omg Shinoa is so beautiful where can I get her. I'm in love already. She belongs in my harem.

I don't know, I kind of liked this! I'm eager to see what happens. The art and animation seemed really nice and I love the character designs. :) I really liked the OP and ED too!
Apr 11, 2015 11:01 AM

Aug 2014
keneki56 said:
I dont know why most of you guys compare this to Attack on titan but their nothing alike at all, for me that his and i love this anime more than attack on titan... sorry for my englisg though

They are produced by the same studio. With a director that worked on AoT and the Script writer from AoT. The basic structure has been the same. Young hot head MC with terrible trauma in Ep1, and now a school/training center character introduction in Ep2 with carbon copy Eren/Yu, Armin/Yoichi, as well as the scene with the city surrounded by a wall to keep out the Titans/Vampires and the Army with multiple branches, Yu wanting to be part of the Extermination Squad. LOLOL I can go on, but this is enough for now.
Honoka is my Hero! Click Me!
Apr 11, 2015 11:05 AM

Apr 2011
This episode was awesome. I loved the OP and ED.
Apr 11, 2015 11:10 AM

Feb 2015
Okay the Opening Song is beyond the best I've seen in awhile. Same goes for the Ending, I normally pass them after Ep.3 as most I find boring/lame music.

I really like Yu, I like that he want's to be a lone fighter but I cannot wait to see that shell slowly break. The fight's in this are really something to watch for only two Ep's in, this is one I will gladly follow.
The only thing I didn't like was when he was running through the crowd of people, thought that scene looked a bit wierd CG wise.

This and DXD make's my weekend amazing.
Apr 11, 2015 11:18 AM

Jan 2013
black1blade said:
People should enjoy this for the generic shounen it is.

+1
Apr 11, 2015 11:25 AM

Jul 2012
The tone and style COMPLETELY shifted from the first episode. How the fuck did this become a school series? But considering the fact that I actually disliked the first episode, I actually enjoyed this one quite a bit.....though it's still pretty weird what this became.

Also, like almost everyone:
Loving the OP and ED
Apr 11, 2015 11:37 AM

Nov 2013
Way better than previous episode, I enjoyed this one quite a bit. I have a few nitpicks but those can wait for now.
Apr 11, 2015 11:37 AM

Jul 2013
Based WIT is based.
Screw logic, this show is awesome with its action sequences.
Apr 11, 2015 11:39 AM

Mar 2014
Ahh, Friends with benefits

Apr 11, 2015 11:42 AM

Dec 2012
Yep,nothing interesting yet and probably will never be. This episode was so cringe worthy I almost want to drop it but I'm waiting for the yaoi which will hopefully save this show. Also,very nice OP.
Apr 11, 2015 11:47 AM

Jul 2012
It seemed like a mega dive compared to the first episode.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Apr 11, 2015 11:50 AM

Sep 2010
Shinoa is best girl xD Such troll I love her :3 YuXShinoa, I ship it.
Apr 11, 2015 11:54 AM

Feb 2014
It was meh. I like the song for the OP and the song and visuals for the ED, but the visuals for the OP look like some average series. I didn't really like how the action went in the OP either. Or the fact that it is obvious what happened to Mika.

Other than that, it was good. The action scenes were nice to watch. I was unsure about Shinoa and Yoichi's VA before, but I am okay with them. The pacing isn't rushed, since it's 1 chapter/episode so far. But I agree with some people, the show is taking the generic route and I hope the pace picks up soon, from what I remember from the manga.

3/5
Apr 11, 2015 11:55 AM

Dec 2014
Better than the first ep in my opinion. The action was nice. Opening theme is a bit boring though.
Apr 11, 2015 11:57 AM

Sep 2012
Meh, only Hiiragi just caught my attention.

Well, the OP & ED was okay.
Apr 11, 2015 11:58 AM

Apr 2014
The OP was ok.

Estarossa said:
Ahh, Friends with benefits
Apr 11, 2015 11:58 AM

Jan 2014
That OP song was fantastic, loved the art and animation.

Some fantastic action this episode as well. Things are starting to heat up and it's doing an amazing job so far.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2015

260 by Salomikee »»
Apr 6, 11:48 AM

» Will this come to crunchyroll soon?

Rockyjams909 - Apr 5

7 by _Blossom18_ »»
Apr 5, 4:03 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2015

599 by voshi »»
Mar 24, 9:29 AM

» Is it a good idea to watch this show? ( 1 2 )

boyswhatup - May 30, 2023

50 by RulyKinkajou59 »»
Mar 10, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Who should Yuno marry?

Lost_Hearts - Dec 17, 2023

6 by NaLu4lifee »»
Jan 17, 11:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.