Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Sep 11, 2016 11:57 AM

Dec 2009
Hishoko best smile.

Best sensei incoming.
Sep 11, 2016 1:20 PM
Apr 2014
haha that start xD expected Megumi or Erina (does she even have to participate?) but that was even better :D And Souma is not giving a shit about her attitude lol

As it turns out Erina in fact does have to participate and Megumi doesn't seem to enjoy it. Well who would enjoy being in that hostile environment between the chef and Erina :D

Nice end. Hisako finally dropping the hostility towards Souma and Megumi even getting deserved praise from Erina!
Sep 11, 2016 1:56 PM

May 2015
Even as an anime-only watcher, I could tell this was rushed. But it's okay since the content is great. I'm loving this Stagiare arc a lot! Souma and Hisako working together was awesome. I especially loved the parallel made between Hisako and Erina and Souma and his dad. Also, Erina basically taking over that restaurant was funny. It was also nice seeing her work with Megumi. But I'm really going to need to start the manga when this is over.
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Sep 11, 2016 2:35 PM

Mar 2014
yeah erina's voice sounds exhausting in this ep. the voice actor works too hard
Sep 11, 2016 2:38 PM
Jul 2018
Megumi's voice is so irritating.

Liked the odd pairings, hopefully we see where the other students ended up, can't wait for next week at Shinomiya's!

Sep 11, 2016 3:28 PM

Feb 2013
19Pyro90 said:
She didnt really have a reason to hate him though. Its not like she knew who his dad was until recently so it couldnt be jealousy. And as they say there is a thin line between love and hate. She just doesnt know she loves him yet lol

She had, He was being smug and bratty when they met and he represents everything she thought was bad cuisine
You're free of think what you want but you're ignoring what the manga and Author have showed/said.
Sep 11, 2016 4:20 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode! Hisako was way too cute in this eps :3 I'm glad that she understood was Souma told her.
I love so much this show omg!!!
Poor Megumi xD At leas she found a way to help the chef.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 11, 2016 6:16 PM

Dec 2012
Hisako Rating Up >///<)9

Sep 12, 2016 1:19 AM

Feb 2014
Pride- said:
19Pyro90 said:
She didnt really have a reason to hate him though. Its not like she knew who his dad was until recently so it couldnt be jealousy. And as they say there is a thin line between love and hate. She just doesnt know she loves him yet lol

She had, He was being smug and bratty when they met and he represents everything she thought was bad cuisine
You're free of think what you want but you're ignoring what the manga and Author have showed/said.

Erina being mad at anyone for being smug and bratty is the most delicious irony. Or rather hypocrisy.
Around and around the cycle goes.
Sep 12, 2016 8:43 AM

Nov 2009
Finally it's time for Shinomiya's return! Can't wait.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Sep 12, 2016 11:16 AM

Jul 2013
Good episode, I liked it!

Like most of you said, I like the pairings quite a bit, seeing them interact with eachother.

The hype is real for the next episode.
Sep 12, 2016 1:17 PM

Nov 2015
One of my favourite episode so far.
It reminds me a bit of the first season which is a good variety, especially after 10 episodes of "fighting".
Also loved the relationship between Souma x Hisako.

5/5
Sep 12, 2016 7:34 PM
Dec 2011
As someone who read the manga I find the pacing of this episode terribly rushed.

They butchered most of Erina & Megumi part. They also skipped the part at the begging when Jun remembers how she barely managed to pass the Stagiaire. Some other nice scenes were also skipped, but I will leave it at that.

Seriously the 2nd season is disappointing and rushed as hell even though S1 was perfect. S2 is not only rushed but I feel like the animation got worse.

That aside, if you are an anime only I don't think you'd have any troubles with the anime overall. But as for me I'm glad I switched to the manga after season 1 ended.

If they are ever going to make a third season I hope it follows the manga closely just like season 1.
Sep 13, 2016 5:40 AM

Oct 2014
The Hisako x Soma pairing ship is now available! Passengers all aboard!!
Sep 13, 2016 7:23 AM

Oct 2011
Souma and Hisako paired up while Erina and Meg uni too. whoa those people rushing in. Hisako found her answer. the ship has sailed yay
ong shinomya ahhhh
Sep 13, 2016 3:08 PM

Jul 2015
Eeeeehhhhh Arato Hisako returns. Working actual restaurants is tough, add a bullet train of people, and it's tough at sonic speed. Like, Yukihira, I realized what it meant by "leave a visible mark" pretty early on. Nice seeing both the paring between those two and Erina with Megumi, quite enjoyable.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Sep 13, 2016 3:44 PM

Nov 2014
I'm still watching this EP and I must say, I was always on the fence about this series artwork (it works for still images but there's stone cold zero fluidity), but this episode looks total crap. I'm getting flashbacks from Ergo Proxy right here... luckily both series have otherwise good content to carry me through.
Sep 13, 2016 11:30 PM

Nov 2011
Easily the best episode of the season. Although Shokugeki no Souma does its food battles well, I've gotta say the characters and their development is where its true strength is. Souma's additional loss leading to the realization that he needs something to define his cooking is great stuff; really looking forward to seeing that explored, although the anime might cut it a bit too short for my liking.

I'm thinking I'll check out the manga after this season ends.
Sep 14, 2016 8:05 PM

May 2015
Good episode. Arato is co cute. :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 16, 2016 10:04 AM

Nov 2014
awww Hisako is so cute
Hi there
Sep 17, 2016 8:38 AM

Feb 2010
Master Shinomiya is next!!
Sep 20, 2016 6:57 PM

Mar 2009
This episode was like a breath of fresh air. Reminded me of the 1st season. It even made me like Hisako! Good character development for her.

And Erina and Megumi working so well together was kind of cool.
Sep 22, 2016 12:06 AM

Oct 2008
Another Damn good episode!
That was an unexpected pair! Hisako & Souma! and on the other side polar opposite attitude pair Megumi & Erina! hahaha!
LOL! at first that Mitamura glare from those 2 was a bit looking down on them for a bit but it was a troll and he just want autograph signed by the two!
Hisako is always getting down depressed when Souma mentions Erina's name!
wave per wave of customers were hilarious!
Erina being a perfectionist is indeed awesome! but being perfect is not always the solution, I'm sure there are others like Souma, Hayama, Shinomiya & Eizan who doesn't need perfection in order to be a match to Erina.
Every time Erina hears the name Souma, she's instantly infuriated! LOLZ!
LOL even Erina is feeling down because of Hisako.
5/5!

Sep 22, 2016 9:45 AM

Jul 2009
Dang that was a good episode! Nice to see the interactions between Souma and Hisako :O Looks like they've both just been chasing after someone this whole time huh ... cool to see how they "made their mark" :O Seeing Erina and Megumi work together was pretty funny too XD Maybe they could become friends too?! I mean especially after Erina's compliment in the car :P IDK if I just never watched the ED but did they change the animation for that? Or was Hisako always lying in the flowers XD Either way looks like the next intern stop might be the Chef from last season! I forget his name though XD
Sep 25, 2016 6:24 PM

May 2012
Pretty lovely team up I must say, it sure was quite funny to see those two extreme sides! A pretty lovely episode I must say, let's see what's next.
Sep 28, 2016 6:35 AM
Apr 2016
There were no food orgasms this episode. But, Hisako's blush was the highlight of this episode.
Oct 1, 2016 6:59 PM

Aug 2007
Well, Hisako isn't the bad person I thought. Only a person that was too dependent to Nakiri. I can say her best friend or a sister because they grew up toghether.
Oct 4, 2016 11:11 AM

Aug 2014
Flag conquered : Hisako

Don't know about y'all but the Souma x Hisako ship is my favourite in the series.
Oct 13, 2016 11:31 PM
Dec 2011
Yes, I do undostando Japanese Engrisoo, but puleesu not broken French as well. It's not stagiaire, it's stage. C'est un stage!
Stagiaire means internship student while stage means internship. So everytime I hear them stay I'm here for my internship student, I'm about to do my internship student it's like saying I like animes
Oct 21, 2016 11:07 PM

May 2015
wait. lowkey i hardcore ship it. wtf.

really fun episode to watch
Nov 29, 2016 3:09 AM

Mar 2015
So Hisako has a nice side after all!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 14, 2016 4:13 AM

Jul 2014
I am definitely liking this new arc! I like the concept of them working in various restaurants~
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Jan 13, 2017 5:43 AM

May 2013
lol.... all I can say is duhhhhh to Hisako. OBVIOUSLY you can't leave the restaurant as is because it's not as if you and Souma-kun will be carrying their asses the whole time. Something has to change or else they won't be able to function, yo. That's why you were put there.

It was quite nice for her to see the good side of Souma-kun at the end, though. Her and Erina definitely need to open up their damn eyes and recognize him. Same for the rest of the school >.> always talking mad shit D:<
Kokoro_KotashimaJan 13, 2017 5:47 AM
Apr 10, 2017 12:15 PM
Aug 2014
Not sure how Erina completely taking over the restaurant/kitchen is going to help once she leaves again. Seems to me that was she did would actually hurt the restaurant.
Apr 12, 2017 3:43 PM

May 2015
Glad to see more of Arato + her character development in part thanks to Souma encouraging her to not give up and walk by Nakiri side instead of walking behind her... this episode is the one that I been waiting to see... in terms of seen Hisako & Erina interact with other people aside from themselves, with that I as a viewers can learn more about them and be a little bit more condescended/understand their attitude towards others classmate and peers like Souma for example...
Apr 18, 2017 4:39 PM

Jul 2013
Great episode. The stagiaire thing is really interesting and a good practice for all the Totsuki students. So Souma and Hisako were a team. I'm glad she got so much screentime this episde. Her first reaction when she saw Souma was priceless :D

I think both of them didn't expect to work the whole for this art of restaurante. I wasn't sure what's going on when all these people ran out. At first Hisako was really cautious towards Souma but after she saw how good Souma can handle the stress of the orders from the customers + cooking at the same time she understood that he's not such a bad guy.

And Souma was right about that the restaurante has to change. It's impossible without enough assistants to manage this inrush of customers every day. We couldn't see the menu but to reduce it is also a good idea.

Erina and Megumi were another team in an it seemed more genteel restaurante. Erina of course had a lot of things to critisize and after a short time it looked like it was her own restaurante xD
Poor chef. Nice that also Megumi saw something which could help the restaurante of getting better even if it's just a small thing.

It's cool to see the developement of different character with each other. Also to hear more about why Hisako left Erina and why she don't want to go back.
Souma cheered her up to look forward. With giving Hisako the mangas Erina wanted he gave her the best possibility to go back to Erina. Her "Arigatou" was so cute :)

And in the limousine you could see that also Erina is missing Hisako so much.

Next episode we will see the magician again. I see were this is going.

Jun 1, 2017 4:34 PM

Dec 2016
Interresting episode. I really enjoyed ^^
I'm glad I saw the other side of Hisako :) without Erina that is. I'm wondering how the rest of Totsuki students are doing with their Stagiaires >_>

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jun 8, 2017 2:20 AM

Jul 2012
I was just wondering why Erina was paired with Megumi in the OP at the start of this episode. And I guess we'll find out next episode why Shinomiya is prominent in the OP also.

I was so excited that Sōma was going to be pairing with Erina, but was disappointed when it was revealed to be Hisako. But I think it actually turned out for the better! I didn't really care too much for her character before this episode, but this was a great episode for her development. And that smile at the end was great 😊

AndoJun 8, 2017 2:26 AM
Sep 14, 2017 7:14 AM

Aug 2013
Hisako's rating went up. Her smile in the end was adorable. She looked good with her glasses. One extra member into the harem.

Souma little talk to Hisako was great.

Erina just took over the restaurant.

Oct 17, 2017 4:57 AM

Apr 2012
This Tadokoro despairing eyecatch, LOOOL.
Oct 28, 2017 7:43 AM

Nov 2011
Interesting at the beginning of this arc, Yukihira's growth is even more evident.
Nov 2, 2017 12:59 AM

Feb 2014
This was the best episode of the season, as far as I'm concerned. Finally an episode where the characters get to breathe, instead of endlessly rambling expositions throughout the episode. All those tournament episodes get pretty tiring to listen after a while.
Nov 13, 2017 1:45 PM

Apr 2013
Great episode, didn't expect him to get paired up with Hinako. This was a nice change of pace from the usual academy life, looking forward to the next two episodes being hopefully just as good as this one :3
Nov 28, 2017 12:34 AM

Jun 2015
For those who say there is not character development. What a nice episode!
Glad Hisako got some spotlight.

Feb 7, 2018 4:00 AM

Dec 2012
Hey, it's Hisako.
Dat Hisako booty. Dat bra.
Hisako looking cute.
Dat booty in them pants.
Holy shit! They came in deep.
That girl in the red sweater is cute.
Souma doing work.
Who is that hiding outside?
lol at Erina.
LMAO at Erina being head of the kitchen now.
Erina booty and legs in them pants.
Don't get lost in the sauce.
How is she seeing all of that from outside? lol
lol at Megumi.
Dat Hisako smile.
Shino.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jun 3, 2019 5:02 AM

Feb 2013
Hisako has to realize that Erina sees her as a friend!
Jul 4, 2019 7:38 AM

May 2016
Their internship turned out to be a mini-Kitchen Nightmares episode than the traditional way things go and I loved it. The Totsuki students have already proven themselves to be top-tier in what they do so simply doing a good job there wouldn't be as amusing to watch as having them improve the restaurants they interned at for the long term. Souma helped Hisako realize that she has the capacity to do great things on her own if she just stopped forcing herself to stay complacent at second place so she'll really start to become closer and worthier of being alongside her friend and master. It'd be great if they both reveal what's in their minds soon since it would've been a lot easier if they just talked about their issues from the looks of it. That beautiful smile of hers gave her a very powerful entrance in Souma's secret harem, that's for sure.

Megumi managed to help out very nicely and even got praised by Erina of all people! Souma realized more things about himself and he'll definitely face another monumental challenge with Shinomiya being back in town.

Nov 29, 2019 5:41 PM

Sep 2012
all aboard on the Soma-Hisako Ship
Hisako for best girl 😂
Jan 8, 2020 7:28 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Really good episode, nice to see more of Hisato she was really cute and she might fall in love with Souma like so many girls of this show lol Megumi with Erina was hilarious
Feb 11, 2020 7:35 AM

Aug 2017
I thought the series was going to decline since in another arc, where it was held outside of school (not the Training arc), I got completely bored but this arc promises better things.

Probably, my favourite scene was Erina interaction with Megumi.
NurguburuFeb 11, 2020 8:17 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

236 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 21, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2016

142 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 21, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2016

204 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 21, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2016

146 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 21, 7:36 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2016

130 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 21, 7:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.