Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 27, 2014 1:56 PM

May 2014
AnimageNeby said:
Guess you should see it as simply an 'alternative' world. After all, if it were purely medieval, you wouldn't have a GUN as a teigu neither.
Well, the setting so far is alluring to be medieval, more like a fantasy RPG as well. And the "gun" is magic so, again, excused(not very well, but its there).

Suddenly another potential storyline is opened up: the original Emperor and the civil war a millenia ago. What caused the uproar? How did the Emperor handle it, why and how were the Teigus used? And all that jazz. Doujin material! And it would be a hell of a lot more interesting than Akame's spinoff manga!
Jul 27, 2014 1:58 PM

Nov 2012
Tokoya said:
Vexper said:

Gosh this hurt my eyes.

Checking her for weapons? If his vision worked properly it should have seen past her underwear too, it was simply a mechanic invented to deliver a moment of fan service. Your logic is awfully faulty and is the reason why scenes like this will keep creeping into anime.
This post gave me cancer
But then, what as the purpose of checking her weapons?
She was wielding the Muramasa, and he can predict her movements thanks to the eye of magic, he would predict if she were to pull a hidden weapon, so the x-ray is ultimately pointless. Call me stupid, but I see no reason for him to x-ray to see if she had hidden weapons specially since he can anticipate what she does.
Jul 27, 2014 2:00 PM

Jul 2013
akame is a weapon. i wish i had that guys ability in real life..
Jul 27, 2014 2:02 PM
Feb 2013
Tokoya said:
Vexper said:

Gosh this hurt my eyes.

Checking her for weapons? If his vision worked properly it should have seen past her underwear too, it was simply a mechanic invented to deliver a moment of fan service. Your logic is awfully faulty and is the reason why scenes like this will keep creeping into anime.
This post gave me cancer

Well... *thinks how to word it*

While... I don't know why anyone would make a fuss about it in this scene, and I have no problem with fanservice as long as it isn't overwhelming and obtrusive...

The parent poster, in all honesty, has a point. I thought the same thing. Strictly speaking, the guy should have seen right through the underwear too. I know there are meta-reasons for it (for instance, the animestudio or mangaka not wanting to get a 18+ rating, or be categorised into the hentai genre or some such), but WITHIN THE STORY it should have made no difference to Zank and he would easily have seen through the underwear as well, and, actually, should have, if he wanted to make sure she had no hidden weapons on her. It's VERY peculiar that *just* the underwear seemed to be let off the hook. Was Zank a modest and shy guy, not wanting to invade her privacy? I don't think so.

So it didn't make much sense, one must admit that. The reason it was shown was mostly fanservice, and the reason the rest wasn't shown, was mostly because they wanted to hold back on the more extreme fanservice. Both are meta-reasons, not in-story reasons, but the first was pretty well incorporated into it, while the latter..was a minor inconsistency, in-story. Because, normally, within the flow of the story, one would expect Zank to see through her underwear as well, true.
AnimageNebyJul 27, 2014 2:05 PM
Jul 27, 2014 2:05 PM

Aug 2008
So many pervs here who wish Zank could see through Akame's underwear, lol.

The action this time was great. I would say that this is the best episode so far.

The only real complaint about this series that I have left is that all the bad guys so far act so stereotypically evil.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Jul 27, 2014 2:06 PM

Feb 2012
I liked the part where the girls body fell off from her head
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 27, 2014 2:07 PM
May 2014
solid episode, and it finally seems like they hinted at a plot early in the episode perhaps? That plot better get set in action ASAP if this anime is going to start shinning. For the ppl who have read the manga, is the main mission gona start anytime soon? No spoilers plz
Jul 27, 2014 2:14 PM
Feb 2013
guyklc said:
So many pervs here who wish Zank could see through Akame's underwear, lol.

I only wished to point out a very minor (in story) inconsistency. -.-

If they had not shown any skin and 'see-through', I wouldn't have complained. If they had shown her fully naked, or, at least, had not peculiarly absolved her underwear from any see-through ability, I wouldn't have mind neither.

In fact, I'm not really complaining (much) now neither, but it IS a minor inconsistency, as the parent poster alluded at, and thus I thought to point out he was right.

A nude Akame, of course, sure would be a sight to behold. But one can always look at ecchi-dojinshi, perv or not. ;-)
Jul 27, 2014 2:15 PM

Apr 2014

Jul 27, 2014 2:17 PM
Jan 2014
bladeangel said:
solid episode, and it finally seems like they hinted at a plot early in the episode perhaps? That plot better get set in action ASAP if this anime is going to start shinning. For the ppl who have read the manga, is the main mission gona start anytime soon? No spoilers plz

Depends on what you mean by "main mission". If by that you mean the next big arc, then no.
Jul 27, 2014 2:22 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
AnimageNeby said:
Tokoya said:
This post gave me cancer

While... I don't know why anyone would make a fuss about it in this scene, and I have no problem with fanservice as long as it isn't overwhelming and obtrusive...

The parent poster, in all honesty, has a point. I thought the same thing. Strictly speaking, the guy should have seen right through the underwear too. I know there are meta-reasons for it (for instance, the animestudio or mangaka not wanting to get a 18+ rating, or be categorised into the hentai genre or some such), but WITHIN THE STORY it should have made no difference to Zank and he would easily have seen through the underwear as well, and, actually, should have, if he wanted to make sure she had no hidden weapons on her. It's VERY peculiar that *just* the underwear seemed to be let off the hook. Was Zank a modest and shy guy, not wanting to invade her privacy? I don't think so.

So it didn't make much sense, one must admit that. The reason it was shown was mostly fanservice, and the reason the rest wasn't shown, was mostly because they wanted to hold back on the more extreme fanservice. Both are meta-reasons, not in-story reasons, but the first was pretty well incorporated into it, while the latter..was a minor inconsistency, in-story. Because, normally, within the flow of the story, one would expect Zank to see through her underwear as well, true.
Ever considered the fact that maybe he chose to just see through her clothes because quite frankly that's the only thing he needed to do..It's not rocket science to see that the user of that Teigu can chose exactly how far he can see through something...
Jul 27, 2014 2:28 PM

May 2014
Tokoya said:
Ever considered the fact that maybe he chose to just see through her clothes because quite frankly that's the only thing he needed to do..It's not rocket science to see that the user of that Teigu can chose exactly how far he can see through something...
By that logic he could just as easily choose to take a look at the full body of his next victim as well checking under the bra.
Jul 27, 2014 2:28 PM
May 2014
ResidentANM said:
bladeangel said:

Depends on what you mean by "main mission". If by that you mean the next big arc, then no.

awww ...shit, and i thought this was gona have some cool story line. My hopes are in ruins
Jul 27, 2014 2:30 PM

May 2014
bladeangel said:
awww ...shit, and i thought this was gona have some cool story line. My hopes are in ruins
Better to have shattered expectations than unfulfilled wishes.
Jul 27, 2014 2:33 PM

May 2009
bladeangel said:
ResidentANM said:

Did you think they will "reach the basement" in 24 episodes? Is it your first time watching ongoing manga adaptation?
Jul 27, 2014 2:40 PM

Feb 2012
The setup of this episode was not bad
The way they executed it (just near the end) was wanting imo

So the executioner went mad because of all the 'voices' he heard in his mind, which leads me to believe we were supposed to see him as a rabid dog deserving of some sort of pity, and be 'put down.' But the problem was, we didn't find out until minutes before he was killed off. That whole "you won't hear voices anymore" line just didn't work because a bigger picture of his psychosis was revealed way too late.

Sure, we knew he liked to talk, but there were no early signs as to why, as far as I could tell. The lack of back story to such a "unique" enemy (at this point) led me to believe he would be an enemy that would span at least 2 episodes and be slowly developed, but I was kinda let down.

What I did like:
The executioner's tie was so out of place, it gave me a chuckle.
Jul 27, 2014 2:45 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
T3hSource said:
Tokoya said:
By that logic he could just as easily choose to take a look at the full body of his next victim as well checking under the bra.
Which would be incredibly unnecessary, hence my point -_-
Jul 27, 2014 2:50 PM

Sep 2012
Holy shit guys. Why are u guys taking this far about the fan service. I mean,Ii was the one who brought that scene up but I wasn't bashing on it. I was just stating my opinion on how I thought it was funny and random. It was just totally unexpected to me. I'm not saying there shouldn't be fan service and that it ruins the show or anything like that. Calm down people. I had to argue with that user earlier who said that wasn't fan service because it clearly was. Now, I found that scene funny because he was like oh, I have to use my x-ray and see through this girl's clothes to see if theres any weapons and then theres like a full shot of her body in her undergarments. Its like.. are you sure u just want to see her body and not check for weapons. lol. I mean, would the assassins even use any other weapon besides their own special weapon.
FlamingMangosJul 27, 2014 2:58 PM
Jul 27, 2014 2:54 PM

Apr 2014
God this Episode is so good.Just downloaded it in the highest quality and Watched it on my PsVita with my Headset on.I'm never going back with watching on Sites with low quality it ruins my Opinions.
I retract on what I said that this Adaptation is low quality.Its the best with the Fight scene and everything.
They showed the Akame-See-Through-Clothes in the manga,theres nothing wrong with it Just being faithfully True to its sources.
If you guys are going apeshit just because of this then I don't want to imagine what would happen in the future.

Jul 27, 2014 2:58 PM

Jan 2014
Akame was awesome in this episode...
I hope Tatsumi gets stronger soon..because it's not always fun to watch a main protagonist gets rescued all the time, men that's just plain pathetic...get stronger fast Tatsumi...
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Jul 27, 2014 2:59 PM

May 2014
Tokoya said:
Well it's just as incredibly unnecessary to give your victim a 1000 cuts before actually beheading them. But now we're getting to pointless semantics.

Actually think about this way: have the BD version where he DOES see through the cleavage! Bam, more sales!
Jul 27, 2014 3:03 PM

Jun 2011
Feaor said:
I'm enjoying the show as mindless fun but can it get any more edgy? Also why are the people they are sent to kill so ridiculously over the top evil? Everything is ridiculously black and white and the antagonists are basically cartoon villains.

The thing is the main group they end up fighting which is the Jaegers are not black and white evil and as you get to know them you grow rather fond of them (except 2 of them but screw them and lol Hanazawa Kana ended up voicing probably one of the most disliked females in the manga).

You get to see things from the Jaegers perspective and even how they go about their normal lives sometimes and their interpersonal relationships. There are quite a few fan favourite characters in the Jaegers they were a great addition to the manga. Then the author later adds Wild Hunt who can all go die for all i care =/
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Jul 27, 2014 3:05 PM
Feb 2013
Tokoya said:
AnimageNeby said:

That was exactly my point. There is no reason not to check through underwear, when searching for hidden weapons. In fact... not only through her underwear, but through her body as well, and checking her backside. Since you claim he can choose exactly how far he does it, it would pose no problem at all.

There are scanners on airports too: do you think those stop at your underwear? Why do you think there were privacy concerns with the backscatter machines? Just BECAUSE they don't stop at underwear and that has nothing to do with being able to do stop there or not, but because it doesn't make sense from a security perspective. They replaced them with scanners that don't *show* your private parts (due to software) but they STILL go right through your underwear, and that's intended. With full body searches they don't let you keep your underwear neither, btw. As said: that just doesn't make sense, from a security perspective. If you want to make sure someone hasn't got something on them, you check out everything, including underwear. So I'm not seeing why you try to excuse it with speculation just to fit it 'in-story'.

You must realise as well as I, why they actually didn't show it? It's because of the meta-reason I already talked about. It would be too much nude. If they had shown it, one would have censored it anyhow (and more annoyingly, with black or white dots or streaks or something). It's (self-)censorship which is the reason, thus. Surely you must be aware of that?
AnimageNebyJul 27, 2014 3:38 PM
Jul 27, 2014 3:07 PM

Jul 2014
T3hSource said:
Tokoya said:
Well it's just as incredibly unnecessary to give your victim a 1000 cuts before actually beheading them. But now we're getting to pointless semantics.

Actually think about this way: have the BD version where he DOES see through the cleavage! Bam, more sales!

Fuck. We must be fools if 2 seconds worth of fan service can manipulate humans to such a scale where we're aruging about it so much. AgK forums can be as bad as SAO the way how people are nit picking such trivial details.

Please may some of you people explain what exactly is so distressing about the scene 😏.. Thank you.
"Hi!"
Jul 27, 2014 3:11 PM

May 2014
Next episode, you people will see triple the fan service you saw this episode. Prepare yourselves.
"She" is also coming.
I liked how good the animation turned out between Akame and Zank.
I'm excited. :)

May 2014
Mikatarukito said:
Fuck. We must be fools if 2 seconds worth of fan service can manipulate humans to such a scale where we're aruging about it so much. AgK forums can be as bad as SAO the way how people are nit picking such trivial details.

Please may some of you people explain what exactly is so distressing about the scene 😏.. Thank you.
Hating is the new cool and the equivalent of being hip.

Jul 2014
Slicer22 said:
Feaor said:
I'm enjoying the show as mindless fun but can it get any more edgy? Also why are the people they are sent to kill so ridiculously over the top evil? Everything is ridiculously black and white and the antagonists are basically cartoon villains.

The thing is the main group they end up fighting which is the Jaegers are not black and white evil and as you get to know them you grow rather fond of them (except 2 of them but screw them and lol Hanazawa Kana ended up voicing probably one of the most disliked females in the manga).

You get to see things from the Jaegers perspective and even how they go about their normal lives sometimes and their interpersonal relationships. There are quite a few fan favourite characters in the Jaegers they were a great addition to the manga. Then the author later adds Wild Hunt who can all go die for all i care =/

Can you learn to put a spoiler tag on this shit? When I think about it no one can.
"Hi!"
Jul 27, 2014 3:13 PM

Jul 2014
T3hSource said:
Mikatarukito said:

Lmao I must admit that was kind of funny. Still, I can't disagree with you and that is why I love MAL so much.
"Hi!"
Jul 27, 2014 3:14 PM

Jun 2011
Mikatarukito said:
Slicer22 said:

Can you learn to put a spoiler tag on this shit? When I think about it no one can.

There are no spoilers i simply said names of groups no indvidual names or what happens to anyone there are none so calm your tits
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Jul 27, 2014 3:19 PM

Jul 2014
Slicer22 said:
Mikatarukito said:

There are no spoilers i simply said names of groups no indvidual names or what happens to anyone there are none so calm your tits

Either way you still revealed in released information that hasn't been bought to the anime base audience. Who knows, the jeagers could have been good guys and turned into enemies.
"Hi!"
Jul 27, 2014 3:22 PM

Dec 2012
I'm so shipping Tatsumi and Dandyfag-kun at this point. Mine would look so kawaii with a muzzle. Oh and a cage too. Please.

This episode was leagues better than the rest thus far. The fights weren't comprised of stills, the mood and tension wasn't broken by chibi jokes. Hell I even got a chuckle when Akame joked about cleaning her sword. This week's target (already forgot his name) was a lunatic but at least he was just mad for the sake of it rather than "hurr i liek rape women n do bad tings i so dark xD." Ah no I take that back he was, but it wasn't nearly as embarrassing as the minister or Aria.

I'll give credit to Akame this episode but I'm not surprised that people are eating her up because of how edgy she is. Keep this momentum up AgK, you stumbled and fell on your face but now is the time to start walking proudly with your head held high.
Jul 27, 2014 3:24 PM

Jan 2010
Mikatarukito said:
T3hSource said:

2 seconds? Did you forget the oppai-chan character among those assassins whose legendary weapon is supposed to transform into a cat eyed beast? Why could that not be the weapon of either of the 2 dudes? This episode may have not had as much fan service, but there is a proper setup and potential for fan service like the previous episodes that has and will make this anime mediocre.
Jul 27, 2014 3:30 PM

Jul 2013
kikohunter said:
jugann said:
I want Zank's third eye.

Though why couldn't he see through... Akame's undergarments?

Ahh, I bet you wanted to see her boosted boobs huh? Lil perv lmao. Actually I have no idea but it's better that way.
Agreed, the less fanservice the better.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 27, 2014 3:31 PM

Oct 2013
Akame Ga Kill Is Awesome And According To Me It Shows The True Form Of Corrupt.
Waiting For Episode 5 Patiently :p
Jul 27, 2014 3:33 PM

May 2013
Great episode, that katana of Akame's...IS EPIC.
Jul 27, 2014 3:36 PM

Sep 2012
Oh I have a question. If i wanted to read the manga. Do you know what chapter continues after this episode? because I want to read the what is after this episode.
Jul 27, 2014 3:37 PM
Feb 2013
AnimageNeby said:
Tokoya said:

That was exactly my point. There is no reason not to check through underwear, when searching for hidden weapons. I'm not seeing why you try to excuse it with speculation just to fit it 'in-story'.

You must realise as well as I, why they actually didn't show it? It's because of the meta-reason I already talked about. It would be too much nude. If they had shown it, one would have censored it anyhow (and more annoyingly, with black or white dots or streaks or something). It's (self-)censorship which is the reason, thus. Surely you must be aware of that?
Mikatarukito said:
T3hSource said:

Lmao I must admit that was kind of funny. Still, I can't disagree with you and that is why I love MAL so much.

Only if you regard it ironically, though.
Jul 27, 2014 3:38 PM

Jul 2013
Even though the episode was undeniably good, there are still people who will try to find fault over petty fan-service. smh -_-
Jul 27, 2014 3:42 PM

Oct 2013
Raycee said:

True :|
Jul 27, 2014 3:47 PM
Apr 2014
Loved the Episode, and that Akame killing Blow was epic ;3 Cant wait to see the next week episode :p
Jul 27, 2014 3:53 PM

May 2014
FlamingMangos said:
Oh I have a question. If i wanted to read the manga. Do you know what chapter continues after this episode? because I want to read the what is after this episode.

Akame ga kiru: chapter 7
Jul 27, 2014 3:55 PM

Mar 2012
Why are we wasting so much time and effort arguing about 2 second of "Fan service"
I get that some of you might be Muslims or something and get super offend by women's skin, but this is the fourth episode and you will be stupid to expect no more "fan service" anymore. I can tell you that there will be less, but they will still be there in future episode. So, just prepare your mind for it and stop complaining every time.

There are so many other interesting this that happen this episodes, and I am bit disappoint that no one are discussing them... such as
-Sayo is that one Tatsumi love the most.
-The ability of the Night Raid's Imperial Arm
-Who will get the Eye Imperial Arm?
-Who is Kurome? and Why Akame want to kill her?
-etc etc

So please, no more fan service argument. It is almost worse than watching politicians talking about morality.
Jul 27, 2014 3:55 PM

Apr 2014
FlamingMangos said:

I think CH 5? I can't quite remember, it's around there.
Nop.
Jul 27, 2014 3:58 PM

Apr 2014
Overall. This episode is the first good episode I've seen from AgK so far. The rest have had pacing issues and overall too much fanservice, and has been too playful.

Sure, they could've left the Akame scene out of it where he saw beneath her clothing, but really, that's not really close to as annoying the fan-service has been in the first 3 episodes, so I'll let that slide.

Sadly, I can only imagine when Esdese is introduced, that the fan-service will go up another notch, given her character design, and her trope.
Nop.
Jul 27, 2014 3:59 PM

Jun 2013
I'm really impressed with this adaptation so far. This episode in particular was quite good, had a good explanation of teigu and the fight was great.
Jul 27, 2014 3:59 PM

Apr 2014
FlamingMangos said:
If I wanted to read the manga, does anyone know what chapter continues after this episode because i want to read what is after.
Chapter 7.
Just be wary, shit gets real quick.
Jul 27, 2014 4:01 PM

Jun 2013
Suffered from A LOT of cliches and predictable story telling. Oh well, at least it was a sorta enjoyable fight scene.
I guess this episode was good if you enjoy villain of the week and mindless storytelling.
2/5
CraftyJul 27, 2014 4:23 PM
Jul 27, 2014 4:08 PM

Jul 2013
FlamingMangos said:
If I wanted to read the manga, does anyone know what chapter continues after this episode because i want to read what is after.

Chapter 7
Jul 27, 2014 4:19 PM

Jan 2008
Hilarious reading the comments about the xray vision.

Anyways, it was nice to finally see Akame in action instead of her usual insta kill attacks. Her sword is a bit too OP for my taste but not like I can't do anything about it. Hope the MC gets a wep eventually.

Oh, and dat bromance.
Jul 27, 2014 4:22 PM
Jul 2014
NeutralSide said:
God this Episode is so good.Just downloaded it in the highest quality and Watched it on my PsVita with my Headset on.I'm never going back with watching on Sites with low quality it ruins my Opinions.
I retract on what I said that this Adaptation is low quality.Its the best with the Fight scene and everything.
They showed the Akame-See-Through-Clothes in the manga,theres nothing wrong with it Just being faithfully True to its sources.
If you guys are going apeshit just because of this then I don't want to imagine what would happen in the future.

Why watch on a PS Vita small screen compared to a computer monitor? 0.0
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2014

235 by Sun_Chan »»
21 minutes ago

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2014

227 by Sun_Chan »»
51 minutes ago

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2014

191 by Sun_Chan »»
May 31, 12:10 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2014

287 by Sun_Chan »»
May 30, 11:47 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2014

331 by Sun_Chan »»
May 30, 11:21 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.