Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2020 1:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
These robbers are pretty clever, even being able to trap Boruto and the team.

Cool to see Boruto and Sarada fight off that monster though. I have to admit that Sarada has some pretty powerful strength in her punch. Damn, those cloud ninja had it rough this episode.
Sep 6, 2020 2:36 AM
May 2019
Decent ep, gotta say tho, some of the animation at some scenes is kinda wack and also the character design of that monster thing was lowkey ass. other than that, pre good ep
Sep 6, 2020 2:46 AM

Jul 2015
Rip random forrest animals and Omoi's teammates. Gotta agree with Mugino's comment there on Burrito flying off the handle pretty easily and that he should use his head more.

Sep 6, 2020 3:50 AM
Nov 2013
Great ep and the best ep of the arc so far. 5/5
I liked the theme of the episode which is prioritizing the mission and sacrificing oneself and the others for the mission's sake. Exploring this theme using the haze brothers, mugino and Omoi simultaneously in such a good way excellent.
The fight was good with a lot of team work and good animation.
Deepa is one of the darkest characters of Boruto. Such a merciless villain. I'm liking him more and more with every ep and he is a good introduction for kara
Exploring Mugino's mindset again and the difference between how he and team 7 think and act is very interesting
Sep 6, 2020 4:23 AM
Aug 2020
That was a great episode . Maybe the best in this arc. Though I didn't like the character design of Monster that much.
Sep 6, 2020 5:23 AM

Jun 2014
RIP Deer-kun and Omoi's subordinates. We got some pretty decent action this week as Boruto and his team took down that monster.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 6, 2020 8:02 AM
Nov 2014
I think if Boruto saw someone close to him die, that shock would impact him. Like when Naturo saw Zabuza and Haku die, would be interesting if let's say someone from Kara kill Konohamaru or someone close to him, making quite the impact on his character. He's still too care free, not thinking about the consequences.

Still, the arc is picking it up making it more interesting finally.

Sep 6, 2020 8:38 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Another kinjutsu had to exploit so hard without a proper explanations of it. Its quite useful, tho. But it seems so weak, when realize that Mugino could hold it very easily. Yeah so easy, so simple. However, thank you very much, Mugino san, for your lesson to my spoiled brat, Boruto. One more thing you need to learn much, eh, Boruto? And for Mitsuki, and Sarada too. I mean, look at their face when Mugino talking. Lol.

In the other side of the jungle, Deepa soon reached them too. What a joke Kumo's shinobi. Better to eaten some lollipop in your mouth, Omoi. Because you were so dissapointed on that battle.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 6, 2020 10:42 AM

Jan 2008
Probably one of the most lame and bland designs for any summoned creature I've ever seen in this show. On top of that, it barely achieved anything for the cost of summoning it.
Sep 6, 2020 10:58 AM

Mar 2020
Hutai said:
I think if Boruto saw someone close to him die, that shock would impact him. Like when Naturo saw Zabuza and Haku die, would be interesting if let's say someone from Kara kill Konohamaru or someone close to him, making quite the impact on his character. He's still too care free, not thinking about the consequences.

Still, the arc is picking it up making it more interesting finally.

Just reminding you that this is anime canon arc.
Sep 6, 2020 10:32 PM

Oct 2017
That monster design was so lame.
Sep 7, 2020 5:47 AM
Oct 2019
What the hell is that thing, it's like Pokemon or something...
The design was so meh lol
Also it can absorbed chakra.
Sep 7, 2020 5:49 AM

Aug 2015
The sibling transformed into a fall guys skin. Unexpected lol
Sep 7, 2020 6:31 AM

Nov 2018
Heh you got that right
Sep 7, 2020 7:43 PM
Nov 2014
Didn't their mothers teach them? Snitches get stitches, bros. If you don't know now ya know

Kenel said:

hehe okay that was funny
Sep 7, 2020 9:25 PM

Jul 2016
I never noticed before that Boruto's Rasengan is colored differently from everyone else's. Wonder what it means?
Sep 8, 2020 12:27 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
That monstrosity looks like a Pokémon.
Sep 8, 2020 6:57 AM

Jul 2013
The summoning looked like a Pokémon XD

This episode wasn't bad. I thought Muigino was gonna die oof
Sep 8, 2020 12:55 PM

Feb 2013
It would have been 1000 times better if the summoning looked a bit scary, it was just stupid looking.
Sep 8, 2020 4:24 PM

Oct 2008
It's rare to see some deaths here huh...
that big fast creature from the forbidden jutsu was a bit cute in fairness!
4/5.

Sep 11, 2020 6:35 AM

Jul 2009
When will those fillers end?!!!
Sep 12, 2020 8:13 AM
Jul 2014
This is so painful to watch *sigh*

There is like 80-85% filler already, come on
Sep 12, 2020 1:44 PM
Aug 2019
TigreDemon said:
This is so painful to watch *sigh*

There is like 80-85% filler already, come on

Then why do you still watch it after 164 eps !? lmao
I'm tired of seeing people complaining about every single ep no matter how good it is.
If you don't like it stop watching!
If you only want to see the manga chapters adapted just skip the anime original eps (which aren't filler btw)
Sep 12, 2020 1:50 PM
Aug 2019
bittersweetlove said:

This arc is obviously 100% canon. It's not filler (just like most of the arcs)
Sep 13, 2020 4:04 AM

Jun 2019
Decent episode after quite a long time. The Fight was okayish and what was that monster design?
Sep 14, 2020 1:21 PM
Jul 2014
Hachidaime_ said:
bittersweetlove said:

Pretty sure this isn't in the manga is it ?
Sep 15, 2020 10:29 AM
Aug 2019
TigreDemon said:
Hachidaime_ said:

Pretty sure this isn't in the manga is it ?

It isn't but it's canon . It foreshadowed a lot of things and gave us a lot of informations and world building. It has already introduced and showed a lot about 2 inner kara members, one of them didn't even appear in the manga and the other one didn't get enough screentime and his character wasn't explored at all in the manga. That was on purpose to let the anime do what the manga can't in its monthly chapter format
Even mugino who is a character from the manga was shallow in the manga since we knew nothing about him but the anime focused on his character and his bond with konohamaru and team 7 which will be important in the next arc
Oct 7, 2020 6:02 AM
Jan 2019
It felt again like filler. Honestly, I didn't like the writing for this episode. There where many flaws:

1) The enemy revealed he was alone, considering the situation he was in he shouldn't have done that. Not only it was against his entire character and conflicts with the scene itself it also toned down the events that happened after this. His death felt really casual for a moment that supposes to be really big.

2) The monster isn't scary. It really sucks to see such a monster don't get the hype it deserves. Just a delay between frames or a proper application of its superior speed could give so much more power to the scene.

3) The dialogue & characters didn't change after these events. Yo almost died & yet they were having conversations like they were sitting in burger king.

I'm now 8 minutes in and I don't feel like finishing the episode today. Filler or not, they should find more talent for this.
Oct 8, 2020 7:26 PM

Jul 2017
Found it pretty hilarious that Konohamaru mentioned that Soma character. Never expected that stupid, forgettable filler arc to ever be referenced lmao

Dec 8, 2020 9:28 AM
Dec 2020
Mugino and Boruto were a good influence to each other it seemed.
May 3, 2021 9:27 AM
Apr 2021
Pretty good plan by Mugino, I think I got him wrong but he still has to work on social skills lol

btw RIP Kakui and Marui, they had it rough
Nov 12, 2023 9:13 PM
May 2023
Good episode, Interesting that one of the twins gave his life to become a Pokemon hahaha and I like that one of the characteristics of the Shinobi appears again: Dying for the mission, F and NT for Marui and Katai
PS: who was the who had the idea of, let's make Sarada say for every hit: Damnit? At first I thought it was funny but now it's annoying
Feb 16, 4:40 PM
Jan 2016
Overall, "Boruto: Naruto Next Generations" has its strengths and weaknesses but remains an engaging continuation of the Naruto franchise. Fans of the original series may enjoy seeing familiar faces and exploring the next chapter in the ninja world, while newcomers can appreciate the series for its action, character development, and thematic depth.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 119 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2019

32 by Chfenj_ »»
May 22, 7:29 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 218 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2021

160 by Gabriel31YT »»
May 17, 9:50 AM

Poll: » what do you'all genuinely think about the boruto part 1? (no bait/serious/an honest talk) ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Mar 12, 2023

62 by FruitPunchBaka »»
May 7, 3:53 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2017

327 by Domfromthenick »»
May 3, 8:09 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 29 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2017

58 by ItachiSanStatus »»
May 1, 11:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.