Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 12, 2020 1:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah yes, Choji's daughter Chouchou. They're somehow still keeping her relevant in this show.

This episode felt so random though. For one thing, there's Anko teaming up with her and of course, there's Chouchou's love for food just like her father.
Jul 12, 2020 2:47 AM

Jul 2015
Bit disappointed the way Cho cho achieved the Akimichi's clan secret jutsu... fighting against some no name bandits...

Seeing the current thick Anko makes me kinda sad as I always remember the old waifu material THICC Anko... Man has she been downgraded a lot, didn't remember her being this weak.

Jul 12, 2020 2:58 AM

Jun 2019
So, this episode was all about Cho-Cho and Anko protecting buncha' beans for sweet soup. She got some screen time along with Anko. Well, I'm still upset seeing Anko like that being so big and useless. She was a baddie back in the days. I miss Anko.
Jul 12, 2020 3:16 AM
Nov 2013
This is probably the worst boruto ep ever. But that's expected i guess since it's a chocho ep
At least she can use the butterfly mode now.
The best thing about it was the preview of the next ep xD The wait is over and kara is finally here , i'm so excited :D
Jul 12, 2020 4:02 AM

Aug 2013
Reapermask said:
Bit disappointed the way Cho cho achieved the Akimichi's clan secret jutsu... fighting against some no name bandits...

Seeing the current thick Anko makes me kinda sad as I always remember the old waifu material THICC Anko... Man has she been downgraded a lot, didn't remember her being this weak.

I think that all waifus from Naruto have been downgraded here in Boruto, but I agree that Anko has been nerfed a lot. A boulder shouldn't be any problem for an adult shinobi, even if you have to hit it several times.
Though, if she retired from being a shinobi and isn't training anymore (her physique indicates that) it's no wonder why she is that week nowadays.
Please consider reading my novel for MAL x Honeyfeed Writing contest 2023 https://www.honeyfeed.fm/novels/12252
Jul 12, 2020 4:18 AM
Jul 2020
episode so bad i had to make an account to come say it. easily one of the worst fillers in naruto history. i watched hoping to see some much needed anko screen time and she ends up trapped in a cave nearly the whole episode. :/ well at least we’re done with filler for now, the real stuff starts next week.
Jul 12, 2020 4:35 AM
Mar 2020
futuregadget947 said:
episode so bad i had to make an account to come say it. easily one of the worst fillers in naruto history. i watched hoping to see some much needed anko screen time and she ends up trapped in a cave nearly the whole episode. :/ well at least we’re done with filler for now, the real stuff starts next week.

just a tip, ignore the filler my friend, it is a waste of time
Jul 12, 2020 4:55 AM

Nov 2013
i actually skipped like 5 minutes at the start, but the 2nd part was actually decent
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jul 12, 2020 6:09 AM
Oct 2019
This episode was okay. Nothing that amazing happened. I am was just disappointed with what they did to Anko- I really mind that they made her big it is that she is so weak now. Anko who is a SENSEI, a JOUNIN could defeat a couple of no-name bandits.
FINALLY, this was the last week of filler episode and as an anime-only, I can see what all the hype about the KARA ARC is!
Jul 12, 2020 6:11 AM

Oct 2019
I checked if its a filler and it was so i didnt even bother watching.
Jul 12, 2020 6:28 AM

May 2019
Reapermask said:

I agree 100%, feels like the jutsu carries no risk nor any requirements anymore (for Genin). Real disappointment to see it activate so haphazardly.
Jul 12, 2020 6:29 AM
Jun 2017
NEXT EPISODE 157 IS THE REAL.DEAL.... NEXT EPISODE IS THE REAL DEAL... FINALLY A REAL BORUTO EPISODE WILL.BE AIR
Jul 12, 2020 1:58 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Probably my biggest problem with this episode, aside from being a filler episode is how they shamelessly had Chocho's butterfly Charka wings be pink, wasn't it always supposed to be blue because of, you know, Chakra. If they are going to adopt a color scheme, at least have it be consistent, 700 episodes of Naruto and Naruto Shippuden and we have never seen such bullshit until now, I can't believe they are giving up common sense for a stupid “girly” gimmick such as pink wings.
Jul 13, 2020 2:27 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah, yeah, its seems the next episode might be a good sign to catched up the main story arc.

About this episode, i somehow surprised that Chocho never realised her cho mode wasn't exactly the real cho mode. So this episode quiet interesting for her part of training finally result some good progressed. Chocho antic of food was in an understandable level. So, yeah, not a boring filler actually.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 13, 2020 3:52 AM
Apr 2019
Anyone know roughly how many episodes the Kara arc will be
Jul 13, 2020 6:26 AM

Sep 2009
Ethanb5610 said:

The arc is still ongoing in the manga so yeah it will be split in canon and fillers parts.
Jul 13, 2020 8:52 AM
Jul 2018
omg this is shit even for naruto/boruto fillers, why can't they make at least passable fillers
Jul 13, 2020 11:49 AM

Aug 2018
What's with the fucking amount of robbers and bandits.Like every other episode is about some gang of robbers.Did all the rogue decide to turn thieves.If the next arc is gonna about some band of thieves I would kill myself.
Jul 13, 2020 3:02 PM

Dec 2016
This episode was ridiculous even for Boruto standards, but for me not the worst of Boruto ep or even from Naruto series. Did people forget about Elvis episode or Mecha naruto?

Also what is with those comments about "missing old Anko"? She did almost nothing in OG series and she always liked sweet stuff.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.98/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.167/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.89/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.66/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.55/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Jul 13, 2020 8:51 PM
Nov 2014
sonofbatmanrp13 said:
What's with the fucking amount of robbers and bandits.Like every other episode is about some gang of robbers.Did all the rogue decide to turn thieves.If the next arc is gonna about some band of thieves I would kill myself.

I agree with your sentiments. That being said the bandit stuff checks out - things are so chill in this era of peace, I guess anyone could run a lucrative thieving business. No need to be particularly strong or anything. I'm sure there are tons more where these bandits came from so Boruto will never run out of filler material lol

Nieznajomy43 said:
This episode was ridiculous even for Boruto standards, but for me not the worst of Boruto ep or even from Naruto series. Did people forget about Elvis episode or Mecha naruto?

Also what is with those comments about "missing old Anko"? She did almost nothing in OG series and she always liked sweet stuff.

Ah, good ol' mecha Naruto :') I don't feel the need to ever re-watch most of the Naruto fillers ever again. About Anko, her sweet tooth is the only thing that hasn't changed - I guess that's something. I get that everyone gets a major look change from Naruto to show how much time has passed (except for Kakashi lol). The upsetting bit is how her skills as a ninja got majorly nerfed, to the point of ridiculousness. Don't forget, she's the only other ninja other than Sasuke who ever received Orochimaru's Cursed Heaven Seal. The only curse mark as strong as that was Kimimaro's Earth Cursed Seal. She was also part of the 3-man team under Orochimaru - he took a liking to Anko and taught her many of his ninjitsu. It's inconceivable to me that she can be this inept in Boruto, even if were to assume that she retired and ceased all training post-war and just ate sweets all day. It just doesn't check out.

Sorry for the whole essay, it's just sad. Haven't felt this deeply about character designs in Boruto since I saw Gaara's hair :( feels bad man
Jul 14, 2020 2:35 AM

Oct 2016
Unbelievable. It just came back and it's still filler since episode 152. Anyone knows when does this end?
Jul 14, 2020 5:31 AM

Apr 2012
This filler episode was sooo weak, and also Anko seemed 100% useless, they did her so dirty in this ep ugh

But whatever I can't wait for the Kara arc to start FINALLY *-*
Jul 14, 2020 7:57 AM

May 2014
The plot is really cancerous. She learned a technique in 20 min. It was only in 3 days. It took Chouji years of training. Although it's filler, they really like to butcher this series.
Jul 14, 2020 10:37 AM
Jan 2019
Ethanb5610 said:
Maximum 20 episodes. Then they are gonna catch manga and another 100 episodes of fillers lol
Jul 14, 2020 10:39 AM
Jan 2019
TrueDragonPrince said:
Unbelievable. It just came back and it's still filler since episode 152. Anyone knows when does this end?
It's filler since episode 1 lol they gave us cuunin exam arc which is already a movie then gave us sarada daddy issues episodes and others are all filler. They really need to ask someone else to write some fillers because they can't lol.
Jul 14, 2020 12:01 PM

Dec 2016
mbyhmma said:

Nieznajomy43 said:

Ah, good ol' mecha Naruto :') I don't feel the need to ever re-watch most of the Naruto fillers ever again. About Anko, her sweet tooth is the only thing that hasn't changed - I guess that's something. I get that everyone gets a major look change from Naruto to show how much time has passed (except for Kakashi lol). The upsetting bit is how her skills as a ninja got majorly nerfed, to the point of ridiculousness. Don't forget, she's the only other ninja other than Sasuke who ever received Orochimaru's Cursed Heaven Seal. The only curse mark as strong as that was Kimimaro's Earth Cursed Seal. She was also part of the 3-man team under Orochimaru - he took a liking to Anko and taught her many of his ninjitsu. It's inconceivable to me that she can be this inept in Boruto, even if were to assume that she retired and ceased all training post-war and just ate sweets all day. It just doesn't check out.

Sorry for the whole essay, it's just sad. Haven't felt this deeply about character designs in Boruto since I saw Gaara's hair :( feels bad man

I mean complaining about Anko being nerfed is kinda understable but in the same time it is 156 episode if someone is surprised by this it isn't anime fault at this point.
I'm just saying that she was barely memorable character and definitely not worth "missing old Anko" attitude and her design in Boruto make a lot of sense also was made by Kishimoto.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.98/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.167/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.89/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.66/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.55/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Jul 15, 2020 8:04 PM

Jan 2013
Maybe I, Maybe I, Maybe I—yeah~
Jul 16, 2020 11:45 PM

Feb 2012
I swear, it's like the Boruto series is intentionally trying to mock the themes of the Naruto series. Choji used his Butterfly mode, when he realized he'd probably die to protect his friends - Ultimately putting himself in a double takedown scenario but his daughter does it because of... Sweet beans. It really mocks the trials and tribulations of the previous generation.

And Anko, man. She was one of Orochimaru's disciples yet she can't even properly fight off a few no-name brigands. I felt like the thieves were the viewer's disappointed perspective towards Anko, personified.
"The speck of fear grows in your eyes
You'll meet your death in no disguise
It may come as a small surprise
There will be no compromise for you"

- Nikopol Lyrics, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Jul 19, 2020 10:53 AM

Jan 2013
Here we have Chōji and many others throughout the show wanting to protect their friends and family which ultimately makes them stronger because they need to.

And then we have ... Chōchō ... with her love of Azuki Beans to get stronger.

You can do it Chocho, think about all those beans you have to protect!, NEVER HURT BEANS!
Jul 20, 2020 10:25 AM

Oct 2017
A filler focusing on Chocho and Anko, Chocho was kinda cool but it seriously pisses me off that they nerfed Anko so much and made her into a useless garbage.
Jul 20, 2020 3:59 PM

May 2018
This was a dumb ass episode.

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Jul 28, 2020 8:52 AM

Jul 2013
very okay episode
Aug 1, 2020 1:21 AM
Nov 2014
Nieznajomy43 said:
mbyhmma said:

I mean complaining about Anko being nerfed is kinda understable but in the same time it is 156 episode if someone is surprised by this it isn't anime fault at this point.
I'm just saying that she was barely memorable character and definitely not worth "missing old Anko" attitude and her design in Boruto make a lot of sense also was made by Kishimoto.

Fair point to be honest. I think sometimes we get a little bit too invested in the show because it's not Naruto. Just gotta remind myself that it is indeed Not Naruto; it's Boruto, and it's bound to come with its differences. And that's totally okay (or it will be anyway lol)

This is sort of like back when we'd see episodes about the previous ninja wars and we'd all be on forums going, "Naruto and these kids are spoiled! They don't even know what war is like!". I know I definitely did that - makes me cringe now lol.

Once Boruto finishes and another series begin (because why stop, really?) I bet every naysayer will turn into a staunch supporter of Boruto and hate whatever the next show is because it won't be Boruto. Y'all heard it here first XD
Aug 6, 2020 3:40 AM

Feb 2013
Those bastards messed with sweets, that's unforgivable!
Aug 8, 2020 11:10 PM
Dec 2016
such boring episode
Aug 10, 2020 3:49 PM
Jul 2014
Seriously the filler in Boruto feels even worse than the ones in Naruto.

Also it's like half the series at this point was filler. The plot did not freaking advance whatsoever. The bit with the bandit and the corpse guy was fine and actually made some progression and now this shit again.
Sep 13, 2020 9:15 AM

Jun 2015
A little bit of Chocho love. People seem to be losing there shit in the comments but I guess they don't understand story narrative. Perhaps they too obsessed with the concepts of vampire generations or some other shit, but the progress of the characters in Buruto is primal in human nature no matter where you live. You hope your children will surpass you, and you will do everything you can to support them them. Its how we are able to become greater than ourselves.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Nov 6, 2021 3:05 PM
May 2021
Next Jounin getting nerved :(
Do you remember Orochimaru made her to his student and gave her the cursed seal? She also was a great Jounin and even fought against Orochimaru. Now she's just a clown who can't even beat a weak band of robbers. Orochimaru would puke if he saw Anko like that xD

rest of the ep was alright

next ep will be about Kara so I'm already excited
_Zomboy_Nov 6, 2021 3:15 PM
Nov 15, 2022 5:41 PM
Sep 2018
Oh, no, not the BEANS!~ xD
Dec 23, 2022 6:46 PM
Dec 2022
Well it's a filler what do you expect?
Aug 18, 2023 6:59 AM

Feb 2011
At least I slept well, during this episode... Who thought that Cho Cho could be an interesting character?
Sep 7, 2023 3:03 PM
May 2023
Review en Español and English

Un episodio de relleno (no con respecto al manga, por que ni idea del manga) donde Chouchou aprender a controlar mejor la habilidad secreta del clan Akimichi: El Modo Mariposa y Anko esta de apoyo emocional y nerfeada para que brille Chouchou. Los ladrones se quedaron re WTF con la tecnica de chouchou jajaja

A filler episode (not regarding the manga, because I have no idea about the manga) where Chouchou learns to better control the Akimichi clan's secret ability: Butterfly Mode and Anko emotionally supports her and gets nerfed for Chouchou to shine. The thieves stayed re WTF with the chouchou technique hahaha
Apr 17, 4:17 AM

Oct 2009
Lol I read the replies to this on the crunchy roll website. Made me laugh. U couldn’t get away with the things they were saying on MAL. U’d get banned xD

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 119 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2019

32 by Chfenj_ »»
May 22, 7:29 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 218 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2021

160 by Gabriel31YT »»
May 17, 9:50 AM

Poll: » what do you'all genuinely think about the boruto part 1? (no bait/serious/an honest talk) ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Mar 12, 2023

62 by FruitPunchBaka »»
May 7, 3:53 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2017

327 by Domfromthenick »»
May 3, 8:09 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 29 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2017

58 by ItachiSanStatus »»
May 1, 11:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.