Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Oct 22, 2019 6:08 AM

Nov 2013
Oh good I don't have to explain anything, thanks you guys :dead:
Also derailment is par for the course with Type Moon. Been the case forever.
Oct 22, 2019 6:12 AM

Aug 2014
That's also true.

Welp
Oct 22, 2019 9:12 AM
Jan 2016
Gilgamesh is stronger as their other self from Fate/Stay Night, and as a sorceror he suit is quite well, his laugh was awesome!

Ishtar made her prensence once again, and i love how her personality is kinda like Rin!

Other servants where introduced, as well your personalities, looking forward to see they in combat, also i really liked Ushiwakamaru, and sge is pretty!

Merlin teasing Fujimaru and mash to a date was just glorious, their reaction was also awesome, and yeah Mash new outfit suits her very well!
Oct 22, 2019 11:10 AM
Apr 2013
LeloTheUnamused said:
Play2X said:

You... did actually watch Fate/Zero, yes? The mud of the holy grail corrupts him at the end of Fate/Zero.

It doesn't.
Gilgamesh is not corrupted.
The anime doesn't show him as corrupted and he only says he's incarnated, meanwhile the novel (you know, the actual source material that the anime takes from, cutting some content in the process) outright states that he cannot be corrupted by the grail due to his massive ego.
He just laughs at it and the Grail spits him out.

Being incarnated makes his human side "resonate" more with the people of the era tho (as previously stated in this thread, with quotes, links and various proof all around), and that's why he is a bit more of an asshole in stay nigth compared to Zero. He is, after all, basically the lynchpin between gods and humans, and the (somewhat) "guardian" of humans. He reflects a bit humanity as a whole and he's influenced by it in certain scenarios, especially if incarnated.
But that's it.

Gilgamesh is never corrupted in Fate, and I find it funny that you presented the Zero anime as proof, because, even if it cut the explanation of him not being corrupted, it never shows the opposite (him being corrupted) to be true either. In fact, even after being incarnated in the last episode of Zero, he's still pretty much the same.
That should be proof that he's not corrupted, if anything else.

You are not wrong per sé, but in this context it is somewhat different. Yes, Gilgamesh can't be corrupted in the way Berserker and Saber are in the Heavens Feel route. That much is true.
However, he does change. May I remind you of what happened to those poor souls, who survived the big fire with Shirou as the 'sole' survivor? That one's on Gilgamesh, and not something you would expect of a person, who is 1.) considered chaotic good 2.) spared people like Waver just 10 years prior in F/Z. Also, we also see what Gilgamesh in his uncorrupted form is like in Fate/Hollow Ataraxia.
And I can't even begin to understand how exactly humanity has become that much worse in 10 years to warrant such a change. Don't get me wrong, there are more than enough assholes in the world, without question, but I think that this is something that holds true for every age of humanity, and wouldn't change much. Also to consider, don't forget that Gilgamesh himself says he didn't change, but how exactly would he know? Did he ask WebMD or what? The simple answer is that we can't say a 100% whether he changed or not, but his change of character would suggest this. I mean sure, Gilgamesh will always be the biggest cunt on the planet which is why we love him, but the ruthlessness of Fate/Stay Nights version is only a thing there, while all others don't have that part.

LeloTheUnamused said:

FullyCharged said:
> This topic: Let's discuss about the anime
> People in this topic: Let's discuss about Gilgamesh in other Fate series.

Why.

I'm with you here, believe me.
Not the spoiler part, I actually like him (both in Fate and in his real life myth), but it's really disheartening to see a discussion derail this much.
Although it was to be expected for the first episodes of Babylonia: there is still relatively little to talk about for now. I hope future episodes discussions won't end up like this one.

Didn't really start that one. In fact, I'm also with you guys on this, I'd rather discuss the actual episode rather than analyzing peoples character and writing some 12 sides paper on them. I only stated that I love Gils character. Something I hope we all can agree on.
Oct 22, 2019 11:28 AM

Aug 2009
Play2X said:
LeloTheUnamused said:

It doesn't.
Gilgamesh is not corrupted.
The anime doesn't show him as corrupted and he only says he's incarnated, meanwhile the novel (you know, the actual source material that the anime takes from, cutting some content in the process) outright states that he cannot be corrupted by the grail due to his massive ego.
He just laughs at it and the Grail spits him out.

Being incarnated makes his human side "resonate" more with the people of the era tho (as previously stated in this thread, with quotes, links and various proof all around), and that's why he is a bit more of an asshole in stay nigth compared to Zero. He is, after all, basically the lynchpin between gods and humans, and the (somewhat) "guardian" of humans. He reflects a bit humanity as a whole and he's influenced by it in certain scenarios, especially if incarnated.
But that's it.

Gilgamesh is never corrupted in Fate, and I find it funny that you presented the Zero anime as proof, because, even if it cut the explanation of him not being corrupted, it never shows the opposite (him being corrupted) to be true either. In fact, even after being incarnated in the last episode of Zero, he's still pretty much the same.
That should be proof that he's not corrupted, if anything else.

You are not wrong per sé, but in this context it is somewhat different. Yes, Gilgamesh can't be corrupted in the way Berserker and Saber are in the Heavens Feel route. That much is true.
However, he does change. May I remind you of what happened to those poor souls, who survived the big fire with Shirou as the 'sole' survivor? That one's on Gilgamesh, and not something you would expect of a person, who is 1.) considered chaotic good 2.) spared people like Waver just 10 years prior in F/Z. Also, we also see what Gilgamesh in his uncorrupted form is like in Fate/Hollow Ataraxia.
And I can't even begin to understand how exactly humanity has become that much worse in 10 years to warrant such a change. Don't get me wrong, there are more than enough assholes in the world, without question, but I think that this is something that holds true for every age of humanity, and wouldn't change much. Also to consider, don't forget that Gilgamesh himself says he didn't change, but how exactly would he know? Did he ask WebMD or what? The simple answer is that we can't say a 100% whether he changed or not, but his change of character would suggest this. I mean sure, Gilgamesh will always be the biggest cunt on the planet which is why we love him, but the ruthlessness of Fate/Stay Nights version is only a thing there, while all others don't have that part.

The orphan's were Kirei's work.Gilgamesh didnt give a fuck.He even says that he doesnt need them.
This chaotic good guy pushed another Master to kill his Master because he was boring.He enjoyed watching a cripple choking the life out of the woman he loved while sipping wine, tortured a woman for refusing him.This chaotic good guy would have killed Waver if Waver had acted even slightly disrespectful towards him or Rider.
And if he is corrupted why did he praise Shirou inside UBW?And if we count his changes in UBW anime, why did he treat Sella and Liz with respect(for loyalty towards Ilya and for being "made from clay" like Enkidu) and why does he admit defeat and in HF try to
?
Gilgamesh in FHA is the same as in FSN(and FZ) but he is affected by the youth potion.Kid Gil treats his FSN character as the eventual character he will become.Do you really think that Zero Gil would play around with Shirou in his adult form?

Humanity is just as shitty as it was in Zero.Gilgamesh even tells Tokiomi how bad the modern world is.The difference is that 1)he will be around only for 2 weeks in Zero while in SN he can be around till he gets sick of it and 2) the grail will do this job without him lifting a finger and he has to let Kirei reach his goal.

You know who else besides Gil says this?Kinoko Nasu.
Oct 22, 2019 11:43 AM

Aug 2014
Yes, Gilgamesh does change.
Because he hates the modern era, he gets incarnated and he had to stay that way for then years.

That is not due to the corruption of the Grail, it's the fact he's incarnated and lives in the world for ten years.
We have been telling that for half of this thread ("he doesn't get corrupted, he's far more of an asshole because he gets incarnated").

And being "chaotic good" means "for the extreme greater good he would do whatever".
His goal in FSN was to let the world burn. Why? Because only the worthy and needed people would have survived. He even tells Shinji in the anime that the problem he sees with the modern world is that it's full of unnecessary people.
Returning humanity to a small number of worthy individuals is the "greater good" that he perceive as right, and that makes it count as "chaotic good".
Don't let the world "good" in that alignment confuse you, he is not "good" in the sense you may think.

Also, as explained by ssjokg, in FHA it's the fact he's young to change his mindset. As a child, he's lovable and likes people, and hates the person he becomes as an adult (before Enkidu, at least). That was even stated in episode 2 of Babylonia (when they said that, as a child, he was good and caring but growing up in his adolescence he became the well-known tyrant).

Pretty much anything else has been touched by ssjokg so I don't need to repeat stuff.
Oct 22, 2019 12:42 PM
Apr 2013
ssjokg said:
Play2X said:

The orphan's were Kirei's work.Gilgamesh didnt give a fuck.He even says that he doesnt need them.
This chaotic good guy pushed another Master to kill his Master because he was boring.He enjoyed watching a cripple choking the life out of the woman he loved while sipping wine, tortured a woman for refusing him.This chaotic good guy would have killed Waver if Waver had acted even slightly disrespectful towards him or Rider.
And if he is corrupted why did he praise Shirou inside UBW?And if we count his changes in UBW anime, why did he treat Sella and Liz with respect(for loyalty towards Ilya and for being "made from clay" like Enkidu) and why does he admit defeat and in HF try to
?
Gilgamesh in FHA is the same as in FSN(and FZ) but he is affected by the youth potion.Kid Gil treats his FSN character as the eventual character he will become.Do you really think that Zero Gil would play around with Shirou in his adult form?

Humanity is just as shitty as it was in Zero.Gilgamesh even tells Tokiomi how bad the modern world is.The difference is that 1)he will be around only for 2 weeks in Zero while in SN he can be around till he gets sick of it and 2) the grail will do this job without him lifting a finger and he has to let Kirei reach his goal.

You know who else besides Gil says this?Kinoko Nasu.

First, no, those are a coproduction of our beloved F/SN villains, with Gil having part in this as well.
Second, he only really went on with killing Tokiomi after he learned that Tokiomi wants him to off himself after winning the grail. Even though, yes, he didn't like Tokiomi in the least.
Thirdly, the Matou-Tohsaka thing was planned by Kirei, he didn't do anything about it because he is the 'Ultimate observer'. And no, not I made this title up.
Fourth, yes, this is one of his few human emotions of (twisted) love, as well as a part of him seeing himself in Saber.
Fifth, of course he would've killed Waver if he'd disrespect his king there. Don't see anything wrong with that. As a matter of fact however, Gil DID spare Waver and therefore showed respect.
Sixth, he didn't. He hates Shirou and Archer and never praised them.
Seventh, as you wrote yourself: Because they remind him of his only friend.
Eight, because she is starting to become a threat. Or better, she already was too big a threat.
Ninth, no, F/HA and F/SN Gil aren't the same character. They are the same person, but by reverting to child form and then growing up again Gil effectively sheds his corruption. And see what he does first? He HELPS Shirou, who he would've liked best blasted to tiny bits in F/SN UBW.
Tenth, the point I'm making is that humanity doesn't change Gilgameshs personality in the slightest. It is even stated that he knew from the beginning how humanity would turn out due to him being a half god half human, and that he didn't want to harm humanity in any way, but rather watch them from beginning to end. Nothing else. That alone shows that the 'because humanity sucks Gil became an asshole' is flat out wrong.

LeloTheUnamused said:
Yes, Gilgamesh does change.
Because he hates the modern era, he gets incarnated and he had to stay that way for then years.

That is not due to the corruption of the Grail, it's the fact he's incarnated and lives in the world for ten years.
We have been telling that for half of this thread ("he doesn't get corrupted, he's far more of an asshole because he gets incarnated").

And being "chaotic good" means "for the extreme greater good he would do whatever".
His goal in FSN was to let the world burn. Why? Because only the worthy and needed people would have survived. He even tells Shinji in the anime that the problem he sees with the modern world is that it's full of unnecessary people.
Returning humanity to a small number of worthy individuals is the "greater good" that he perceive as right, and that makes it count as "chaotic good".
Don't let the world "good" in that alignment confuse you, he is not "good" in the sense you may think.

Also, as explained by ssjokg, in FHA it's the fact he's young to change his mindset. As a child, he's lovable and likes people, and hates the person he becomes as an adult (before Enkidu, at least). That was even stated in episode 2 of Babylonia (when they said that, as a child, he was good and caring but growing up in his adolescence he became the well-known tyrant).

Pretty much anything else has been touched by ssjokg so I don't need to repeat stuff.

This chain doesn't even make sense. He gets reincarnated as a human because he gets sullied by the grail (which contains all evil of the world). That is what changes him. (We could do a little philosophical work on how embracing the evil makes him human which equates humanity to being evil, but I don't really like Notes. and the like.)
Nice you said this for half this threat, because that means that you were wrong for half the threat as well. Like I said, Gilgamesh is aware of what humanity is like and turns out, from start to finish. This doesn't chage his behavior, but only seperates him further from humanity into his observer role.
Not only that: Gilgamesh friggin lives in our world for 10 years, without killing people on a regular basis. Not just that, he even develops fashion sense, likes biking and even plays video games (yes, that scene in Carnival Phantasm is technically canon because it is a reference to F/HA)
His goal isn't to let the world burn though. He just wants to make Saber human and stay with her. Man, saying it like this makes this sound really sympathetic. Ah, he wants to drown her in the mud and rape her. Yes, that sounds more like the common assumption of Gilgamesh.
As Gilgamesh explained to Enkidu, everything he did was in order to protect humanity. Even his tyranny phase is a byproduct of his wish to protect humanity. I wouldn't even be surprised if he became that way to get Enkidu on his side, but this is honestly speculation on some tidbits without much basis.
Oct 22, 2019 1:10 PM

Aug 2009
Woah. I actually feel bad for getting baited so hard by this guy.

@LeloTheUnamused

Plz dont continue this.
Oct 22, 2019 3:47 PM

Aug 2014
ssjokg said:
Woah. I actually feel bad for getting baited so hard by this guy.

@LeloTheUnamused

Plz dont continue this.

I won't, don't worry.
I'm done wasting my time. This isn't even half-funny anymore.
Oct 23, 2019 12:39 AM

Feb 2012
So they basically have to grind a bunch of Uruk daily quests to get their rep up with Gilgamesh.
Oct 23, 2019 4:33 PM

Mar 2016
“How about you take Mash on a date?”
proceeds to walk up stairs while laughing like the bastard troll he is
Classic.
I’m liking this adaptation of the game’s Babylonia singularity.
Oct 24, 2019 5:47 AM

Mar 2016
Another portion of shit for brainless.
Oct 24, 2019 11:07 PM

Jun 2016
Finally a Fate installation that show som promise! Keep my fingers crossed that it continues to be this good and don´t mess things up.
Oct 25, 2019 4:50 AM

Aug 2014
Raggadish said:
Finally a Fate installation that show som promise! Keep my fingers crossed that it continues to be this good and don´t mess things up.

What would you like to see and what would be "messing things up" to you?
Honest question, I'm just curious.
Oct 25, 2019 1:16 PM
Mar 2017
Well, King Gilgamesh turned out to be someone quite strong, Mash and Ana did a good job of enduring such a fight, but apparently the king does not want Chaldea's help, it is more, he has the holy grail that Ritsuka and Mash seek.
The appearance of Ishtar was very funny and definitely making Ishtar angry so that she becomes a total tsundere is worth to do, but even so I am already understanding what kind of Servant is Ishtar, I think she can be a Rider or an Archer, if someone can enlighten me.
As for Ana, she was too adorable in this episode, by God what a cute thing when Siduri offered Ana the cake, the adorable way her eyes lit up almost killed me of the sweetness she was, as to what Servant class Ana belongs, for the scythe she uses I think she must be a Lancer.

Today we met the three Servants that Gilgamesh summoned next to Merlin, Ushiwakamaru who looks like a very nice and energetic girl, she gave me the feeling that she had already been Servant of Ritsuka, then we have Benkei, who looks like someone very calm and comradely, but I wonder what his strength in battle will be.
And finally Leonidas who is in charge of the troops that defend Uruk and seems someone very strict and serious, but that ends when he gets drunk and he loses control until he falls asleep.

I can tell you that the part where Merlin proposes to Ritsuka that he and Mash have a date was the most adorable thing apart from the moments with Ana, these two look great together and the way they were embarrassed was very adorable, Mash It's so cute when she blushes.

I wonder who will be that mother with whom Enkidu spoke, it seems a thing with a very scary force.
Oct 25, 2019 6:47 PM

Feb 2018
Solid episode, the animation was smooth and the pacing was pretty good too. Definitely a good transition episode, more laid back tbh. I probably liked it the most of the 3 so far, the character interactions were more entertaining/interesting imo. The cliffhanger was also well done. 4/5
Oct 26, 2019 12:16 AM

Jun 2016
LeloTheUnamused said:
Raggadish said:

I would like to see what seem to be promised, Mash and her Master take on their task while the world gets proparly explored and the characters intruduced getting a proper exploration and development. And of course great action.

Mess it up would be to make the plot overly complicated and fragmented and the addition of to many charcaters while the alreday interesting and introduced characters gets to little screen time and development (as in Aporcypha).

Worth mentioning is that I have no experience with source material at this point.
Oct 26, 2019 12:23 AM

Aug 2009
Raggadish said:
LeloTheUnamused said:

I would like to see what seem to be promised, Mash and her Master take on their task while the world gets proparly explored and the characters intruduced getting a proper exploration and development. And of course great action.

Mess it up would be to make the plot overly complicated and fragmented and the addition of to many charcaters while the alreday interesting and introduced characters gets to little screen time and development (as in Aporcypha).

Worth mentioning is that I have no experience with source material at this point.

Apocrypha was a mess as a novel so .....

So far they are doing great tbh.
Oct 27, 2019 10:15 PM

Aug 2019
bit more of a chilled episode but this anime is doing an amazing job so far! The dinner scene with the food being passed about was very well done and caught me by suprise
also ana was hella cute
Was happy to see a few more servants being introduced and animated aswell
however intrested to see why ishtar avoided giving the final shot after seeing ana thou
Oct 30, 2019 12:02 PM

Dec 2014
Nice laugh is all I would say
Nov 2, 2019 12:51 PM

May 2015
Lol they did some quests from like your typical RPG game. Nice!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 23, 2019 5:00 AM

Jul 2009
"See you, oh Shirtless King of Uruk." Oh the delicious irony coming from Ishtar lol.

Seeing Gilgamesh's servants animated was nice, but dayum Ushiwakamaru, though. If Delightworks doesn't update her Saint Graph after this adaptation, I'm legit gonna riot.

Gilgamesh coercing Mash and Ritsuka into doing menial labor... truly a master-level troll.
Mar 3, 2020 6:27 AM
Apr 2016
Seems like no matter the adaptation, Rin is always going to be a sweet tsundere! Haha, that's perfect!
Mar 6, 2020 7:42 PM

Aug 2017
This episode was enjoyable, a good fight, a party and Ana has more screentime.

Gilgamesh is too precious here. I love him ❤️❤️
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 27, 2020 9:04 AM

Dec 2018
Kid like cakes.

Well, looks like the Three Goddesses Alliance is not the right name.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Dec 26, 2021 11:39 AM

Apr 2013
So far a quite mediocre show. The story flows quite nicely, but it's not really taking me in. Characters seem kinda bland so far.
Jan 25, 2022 4:45 AM

Aug 2020
King Gilgamesh, my opinion of him changed. He's a great king so far. I love his country/kingdom.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Dec 19, 2023 8:17 PM
Jul 2023
Pretty nice. I see some filler incoming though…
- Gilgamesh flopping his Holy grail out and then saying no was so funny 😂
- Ishtar!!! So cool man
- I guess they have to do side quests to gain Gilgamesh’s trust? Stupid plot ngl.
- rest of the episode was kinda filler. Also just realising Enkidu was a boy????
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» watch order

Strat2005 - May 17

9 by n7pidgey »»
May 20, 11:59 AM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2020

185 by keynutil »»
Apr 11, 8:51 AM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2019

173 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 9, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2019

287 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 9, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2019

176 by keynutil »»
Apr 1, 3:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.