Protagonists in both shows (and the main female lead too) are transported from our world to a world full of RPG elements. Coincidentally, both male leads were really good gamers to begin with, so they adapt themselves quickly in the new world. While Konosuba is a show more focused on satire and humor, NGNL makes dramatic plot twist a routine.
In both anime, the shut in, NEET main character is transported to a fantasy world.
Both anime use vivid colors, but slightly more so in the case of NGNL.
Both have silly interactions between the characters. In the case of NGNL, the goal to conquer the fanstasy world, while in Kono Subarashii, the characters set out to beat the demon king.
Similar genres: Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Supernatural
Both main characters are allowed to live another life a game-like/game related due to their NEET/shut in personality
Although Konosuba is not an ecchi, it does have quite a bit of fan service
* NEET's / shut-in's are transported to another/fantasy world...
* in both we have two girls ( Aqua & Steph ) who is kinda hated/enslaved by our MC..
* Both has awesome characters which will make you love them...
* Both have goals to reach/conquer/defeat everything [ in NGNL Sora's dream is to conquer that world (mostly for beast girls xD ) & in KonoSuba - Kazuma's dream is to defeat Demon King..
* Both are very short anime [12 & 10 episodes long]
* MuST WATCH anime
Both male leads are otaku NEET gamers who are surprisingly intelligent.
These same male leads find themselves transported to another world in the first episode, and use their gaming prowess to navigate through life in the new world.
A NEET is transported to an alternate world where the rules of the new world are similar to that in a game. The goals of the two series are different (KonoSuba is defeat the demon king and NGNL is to play god in a game) but they have similar themes overall. NGNL has better animation and coloring, but both have a comedic outlook in them.
What would you do if you had to live in a fantasy world where the rules are governed by game mechanics? Would you bet your whole life trying to win and become a god or would you defeat a demon king in order to get your life back? Kono Subarashii and No Game No Life have similar storylines where the main characters are sent to another realm by a god/goddess. Furthermore, the shut-in and gamer archetype are present in both anime. If you love an anime where outrageous and dysfunctional characters interact with the main character to achieve their goal, then Kono Subarashii and No
Both have a male lead with a girl by their side. Both leads are addicts to gaming and shut-in. They get transported to a world similar to a videogame by a god/godess. Leads in both anime are smart but have average phisical strenght.
This anime is more similar to NGNL then other 'trapped in a game world' animes because...
❆In both anime the male lead are NEET's
❆They meet a goddess which then teleports them to a fantasy world
❆The characters are both lacking in physical strength but they have high intelligence
- Both are about people being able to be reborn in a new world that follows a similar system to ones you see in games or similar..
- Both anime follow NEET's in their journey to become a new person.
- They also have high levels of comedy and the story in both kind of rely on the comedy aspects so it is able to move on.
- So I believe if you liked one then you should like the other
KonoSuba shares a similar comedic tone to NGNL. While these two anime are different in many ways, the tone they share is similar. Most people who like one are likely to enjoy the other.
Fantasy RPG-type setting.
NGNL plays the "isekai" genre a bit straighter than the parody that is KonoSuba, but both feature some totally laugh out loud comedy and very attractive waifu-tier girls throughout their brief runs.
Both anime involve characters going into a fantasy/gaming-influenced world. Both Konosuba and NGNL have great comedy, a slight bit of ecchi, and are overall great for gamers. If you liked NGNL like I did, I can guarantee you'll enjoy Konosuba.