Good job finding me, another average weeb degenerate. I probably won't reply to your messages/comments, but if you humour me enough I'll take the time to respond.
Up until recently, I mostly read manga, but I've thrown myself into more anime since discovering this shitty website filled with shitty people. Open to recommendations for both manga and anime, with preferences for action, romcoms, and slice of life series.
If you're looking for recommendations, I'm probably not the most qualified individual considering my shallow knowledge but I'll try my best to sauce you some juicy stuff.
"omg, u rate xxx this??? u must be trolling!" - I've been getting quite a few of these lately so let me reiterate for you simple-minded folks.
This is my own damn opinion LMFAO.
I'm free to have whatever take I have on anime, you're free to have whatever take you want.
Maybe my take is bad, maybe your take is bad, but who gives a fuck?
Everyone on this website is a degenerate already, but if you're desperate enough to go around telling others off because their opinion is different, then you need some help.
You're more likely to run into people who share differing opinions on all sorts of things in life; losing your cool over something as trivial as an anime's rating tells me you're in for a life of stress, anger, and disappointment. gl mcd folks, you're gonna need it.
I do my scoring by looking at the anime/manga holistically, and then comparing it to others within the same genre where applicable/relevant: if it doesn't make sense to compare limes with watermelons, why would you do the same with flexible media across different genres such as anime and manga?
This might lead me to classify certain shows as "masterpieces" within that genre, but I don't really consider them a masterpiece in all of anime/manga. Why am I like this? idk honestly. Probably because my musical preferences are basically the same (I like a bit of everything) and I've been a jack-of-all-trades kinda guy my whole life, so it's just part of who I am at this point to be a generalist that's (somewhat) indecisive.
At the end of the day, ratings are based off enjoyment. The source of that enjoyment will be different for everyone. For some it's action, others its the characters, or it could be the story and themes explored that lead you to question your existence and the meaning of life. As for myself, I enjoy a bit of everything. I can overlook one aspect of what makes a "great anime or manga" so long as the majority of the other elements are done stupidly well.
<4: GOT S8 type beat. Unbearable to watch, makes me wanna tear my hair out. Often due to bad pacing/storytelling.
- Tower of God - 1 (horrible storytelling and pacing, "mysterious build-up" is just not done right. also, bam is a horribly designed mc)
- Boruto - 1 (90% filler, 10% actual content; you tell me if that's worth watching)
- Bunny Girl Senpai - 3 (2 decent arcs, and the rest are trash. character dev. vanishes after overly-forced tragic arcs)
4-7: Ranging from just below average/not amazing, but I can watch it without losing my mind to ALMOST good but missing that final ingredient.
- Boku no Hero Academia S1 - 5 (has its share of tropes and lackluster character (development) but watchable)
- Demon Slayer - 6 (great action and animation, but the overly lackluster story AND characters bring it down significantly)
- Fire Force S2 - 7 (great action and animation, mediocre characters, but engaging story/plot: almost good)
>7: Really enjoyable watch, often something I could rewatch many, many, many times.
- Violet Evergarden - 8 (has its flaws, but the overall aesthetic, MUSIC, and mini-arcs deliver enough to be "good" but nothing more)
- Monogatari Series - 9 (thought-provoking, excellent use of cinematic techniques, and great action + characters)
- Grand Blue - 10 (great art, subjectively amazing comedy and character interactions: dudes being dudes)
All Comments (243) Comments
I know I should not care for other people's lists, but my biggest disaggreement with you is the way you have less 3s than 2s, and less 2s than 1s. I feel that problem can make you look bad in front of those butthurts.
There is people who complain your score for One Piece, maybe the reasons can be the same as I have it with no score.
I do hope and just a little request THOUGH YOU DON'T HAVE TO FORCE YOURSELF XDD!!! to do more positive reviews maybe like I see you had a good reception with Spy X Family and Summertime Rendering on both the manga and both the anime are airing on this season so I really like to see your personal reviews about it someday :))!!!