Back to animejas's Profile animejas's Profile

Dec 2, 2019
Toilet-Bound Hanako-kun is a manga that is beloved by a bunch of my friends in real life and online, so when I heard it was getting an anime in 2020, I let my curiosity get the better of me by reading it before seeing the adaptation itself.

Excuse me if the review is poorly written compared to my other ones, I just wrote this on the fly without preparing well like the others (since I wanted to avoid spoiling much detail to the story). These are just brief thoughts.

Story/Writing (4/10)

It started off well with a quirky and entertaining start but then regressed into a pretty uninteresting read more
Sep 17, 2018
Yakuza idols. Welcome to anime, where fucking yazuka idols exist.

When I first heard about it, I thought it was so stupid.

After finishing it, it's still so stupid.

But here is my review on this show!

Comedy (4.5/10)

Back Street Girls takes overexaggerated humor to the max and way past that to the degree that the jokes can get played out really quickly.

It's just screaming with dramatic sound effects in the background and that's your comedy.

There are some dumb moments that are genuinely hilarious but holy fuck the middle portion of the show just became a drag to watch by how unfunny it became.

But I can appreciate integrating the read more
Sep 16, 2018
Island (Anime) add (All reviews)
The Summer 2018 season is wrapping up slowly and it's that time again.

Today, I will be reviewing Island, an anime with time travel, romance and lolis!

Story (2.5/10)

Island had a really terrible story.

The writing immediately suffers from absurd pacing where it either goes too slow with nothing happening at all, or goes too fast with major plot twists and elements failing to work due to being rushed to hell.

And whatever content that was given, was super boring and for a guy that loves SciFi shows a lot, this did not interest me one bit.

It felt like they were writing this anime but it had no soul read more
Jul 20, 2018
Full Metal Panic! used to be a popular mecha show back in the early 2000s and after 2005, no one ever expected a sequel.

And welcome to 2018, where this sequel actually fucking happened. And no one is seeing this since its been forever since the last edition aired.

Anyway, here is my review!

Story (9/10)

This edition of FMP! had a really serious story with tension and twists everywhere. Awesome!

FMP! was a very intense season with being such a thrilling show building on the characters and action from the prequels very well.

The action was also well written as the battles used some smart strategies and the ending was read more
Jul 7, 2018
Finally Darling in the FranXX is over. And I have a lot to say.

Story (1.5/10)

Never have I seen so much potential turn into so much shit.

Darling in the FranXX was such an utter mess of a story that I gave more than enough chances to try and like it.

First of all, it had a first half with no story, but even the second half had some story which felt like the writers had no idea what's going on.

The pacing was horrendous since the final few episodes were incredibly rushed and before that, everything was moving so slow.

And they didn't even know what kind of show read more
May 9, 2018
Heaven's Feel is finally here! It's been a long wait but I'm excited to review this.

Story (9/10)

From what we got, this is the true sequel to Fate/Zero as I got to see many intriguing additions to this movie compared to the other 2 routes of Fate/stay night.

The story is really interesting and I love the dark, melancholic vibes of the writing.

My negative is that they rushed a bit too much but its hard to adapt 40+ hours of visual novel content to 3 films.

Characters (8.5/10)

This movie explored a lot on Sakura and Shirou and I feel that these 2 were well written in this story.

Shirou read more
Apr 4, 2018
The most hyped anime of Winter 2018, Violet Evergarden took the season by storm.

It's finally over and I have some opinions to state about this show.

Story (3.5/10)

Violet Evergarden is mostly episodic where Violet will visit her client and help them with ghostwriting.

When I heard of this before the show started, I thought that it'd be great and very interesting.

Instead, I felt that the story was just a giant flop.

Drama is a genre I love so much. And for me, drama works effectively in doses if you mix it with either some comedy or something else.

However, Violet had drama only every episode that tries too hard read more
Apr 2, 2018
When I heard there was a Fate anime in 2018 done by SHAFT, one of the best studios out there, I was hyped with its weird pairing.

Now it's over and I'm here to give my thoughts.

Story (4/10)

The Fate series has always been slightly confusing at first but at the end, you'll understand everything and have fun.

And it's always related to 7 classes of servants with masters fighting to win the Holy Grail.

This show took this and went 10000x more complex with it.

With the War being like a RPG where you have to clear floors to progress to the top, it was interesting on paper.

I loved read more
Mar 31, 2018
3-gatsu no Lion for me has always been one of the most overlooked anime I've known.

I don't know why, but no one seems to watch this show.

And what a loss for these people. Time to tell them why!

Story (10/10)

This season had it all. Brilliantly written character drama for Hinata, sweet light hearted comedy from many lovable characters, great shogi and much more.

The show is paced beautifully and knows when to use drama or comedy.

The progression in story with real drama and with shogi was really effective separately and I'm glad they went with this approach.

An amazing experience for storytelling that more anime need.

Characters (10/10)

Rei grew read more
Mar 27, 2018
Adventuring is a unique experience that only a select few have enjoyed in their lives.

Even fewer have had the reality of adventuring to Antarctica, probably the most unique adventure that is possible.

This anime is about four girls with different lives who all have a common goal, to get to Antarctica, with comradery, drama and youth at its finest that awaits you.

Story (10/10)

I love how much the story made the adventure feel important as getting to Antarctica itself felt difficult for the characters.

This story had the perfect balance of development towards the journey, pacing and drama.

Youth and friendship have never felt more real yet bliss in read more