Color Recipe

Chapters: Unknown
Status: Finished
Published: Mar 30, 2015 to Mar 14, 2018
Genres: YaoiYaoi
Authors: Harada (Story & Art)
Serialization: CIEL

1 indicates a weighted score.
Ranked: N/A2
2 based on the top manga page. Please note that 'R18+' titles are excluded.

Jun 17, 2016
Orinami (All reviews)
From an artistic perspective, this Manga is beautiful. Perhaps an homage to it's name, this manga starts off with several beautifully painted Full-Color pages. The art style continues to impress with clean lines and careful draftsmanship of a salon working environment.

The plot starts off fairly straightforward, but takes a darker turn midway through. I found the characters themselves to be rather unlikable. If you like manga with sweet characters and heart-tugging romances (like from Ichikawa Kei, Junko, Natsume Isaku, ect) then you probably won't like this manga.

However, if you have a darker taste and enjoy manga like Caste Heaven, then you will read more
Aug 31, 2020
StarFire_ (All reviews)
Since there's only one review here, I will give it a try and write another one to add to the discussion.

Let's start by saying: Color Recipe IS NOT a manga for everyone.

I personally believe that in the genres' section of this website it should include "horror" and "psychological", but that is just my opinion. As anyone who knows a bit about the author Harada's fame, simply saying it's a BL, or yaoi like it is classified here, is just too plain.

The story shows Shoukichi, a hairdresser that is really talented, but lacks the social skills necessary to go well in the industry. He then read more