Sayonara Football

Sayonara Football

English: Sayonara Football
Synonyms: She is a cute footballer!
Japanese: さよならフットボール

Type: Manga
Volumes: 2
Chapters: 8
Status: Finished
Published: Jun 20, 2009 to Aug 20, 2010
Genres: RomanceRomance, SchoolSchool, ShounenShounen, SportsSports
Authors: Arakawa, Naoshi (Story & Art)
Serialization: Magazine E-no

1 indicates a weighted score.
2 based on the top manga page. Please note that 'R18+' titles are excluded.

Nov 20, 2016
XxLuciixX (All reviews)
Nobody has written a review of this? I guess this shall be my first Review ;)

This series is rather short, but honestly very enjoyable! I like the characters and Onda's determination is very inspiring~! It deals with the whole Girls vs. Boys, and "who's stronger" kind of factor that we have in real life. The fact that despite age, boys do become physically taller and stronger then girls and Onda's whole inner conflict us with that realization and wanting to prove she can battle against them atleast one more time. It's honestly one of my favorite Soccer mangas and short mangas.
Mar 8, 2019
LaauRamone (All reviews)
For a manga consisting of only two volumes, it's good, but if you are expecting a tear-jerking and overwhelmingly dramatic story like Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, you are in for a disappointment.

Nonetheless, Sayonara Football is a very entertaining and also quite heartwarming sports manga. Main heroine Onda is a middle-schooler with great talent and passion for soccer, but tormented by the thought of being left behind by her male teammates as time passes and their bodies grow larger and manlier. When confronted by a former friend and now rival, she starts her quest to gain her spot in the team to play an read more
Jun 16, 2020
GomuPirate (All reviews)
Okay, that's a really good history

I've never seen an female protagonist in a soccer history, I really loved it, Onda is such a nice character.

This series used a bunch of cliches, buts they are pretty well worked. So it's really not a problem, anyways you can read it in one night and it's worth.

Some points didn't have the deserved ending, but I'll let them passa because I know there's a series of Onda on High School releasing today (Sayonara, watashi no cramer). But you don't have to worry about having to read the new series, this one have a good closure and it's a history read more