This manga is a refreshing read and a deviation of sorts for those who constantly read all the shonens that release weekly. The connections between the history of the land and the implications it has on the fairy tales are extremely intriguing. It is a breath of fresh air if all you read are the typical genres and want some diversity. For those who like mythology and ancient history, this manga provides quite a beautiful insight.
NOTE: This manga progresses in an episodic manner and it does not provide any connections between chapters although, 2 or 3 characters make an appearance in more than 2 or 3 chapters. Also, it is just pointless to look for character development and action sequences as this manga is mostly all talk about history and various myths around the world and how the anthropologist connects the other countries' myths with Japan's.
1. The myths surrounding some famous Japan folklore are well explained.
2. The manga is intriguing to say the least and is interesting too.
3. Highly educational and provides us with some nice knowledgeable facts about the history of many countries that we might not be aware of.
4. Explanations regarding the myths were very well rendered and at no point you will feel any boredom creeping into you while reading this.
5. The 3rd volume is the best of the lot with nice explanations put forth.
6. The backgrounds were very well done and the amount of research that the author has made is truly evident in the content of the manga and each chapters.
1. Art might have been better but it suited the entire premise of the manga.
2. No particular ingenious deductions were made and the mysteries were not that much good.
3. The 2nd volume was the poorest of the 3 volumes that have been released till now. Wonder where the mind of the author was wavering while he crafted the 2nd volume. So, prepare your mind for what is ahead of you while reading the 2nd volume.
4. The characters often seem to 'suddenly' discover subsidence in the earth. Hope that stops in the future chapters.
5. The chapters needed more pages for thorough explanation and the amount of Japanese names in each chapter will confuse the shit outta you.