Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 13, 4:10 AM

Feb 2016
I think Shippuden is better than Part 1 tbh Shippuden has better fights and better animation
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 13, 4:21 AM

Jan 2021
People who think OG is better are blinded by nostalgia.

You should make a poll for this.
spiritual successor of lord rothchild.
Jul 13, 4:28 AM

Feb 2016
Reply to Cielord

@Cielord i see you rated OG a 9 and Shippuden a 10 so you think Shippuden is better but just by a little bit?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 13, 4:46 AM

Dec 2018
Part 1, Shippuden went downhill after the Pain fight.

Jul 13, 4:58 AM

May 2024
The original imo. Shippuden is just asspull plot intensified.
Jul 13, 5:12 AM
Jan 2022
definitely Shippuden. It has become a new trend on social media to hate on Shippuden and act like Part 1 is way better but I completely disagree.
The Stretch from the Asuma and Shikamaru arc, through Kakashi Chronicles, Pain vs Jiraiya, Sasuke vs Itachi to the Pain invasion arc is the best in all of Naruto no doubt about it.
And...
-Shippuden has better fights (Kakashi vs Obito, Pain vs Naruto, Jiraiya vs Pain, Itachi vs Sasuke, Naruto vs Sasuke 2, Team 10 vs Hidan/Kakuzu, Madara vs Alliance etc.) with better animation.
-Shippuden has better OST.
-Shippuden has better Antagonists since the Akatsuki isn't as important in Part 1. (Pain alone is better than all the Part 1 Antagonists combined in my opinion)
-Shippuden has more emotional moments (Jiraiyas death and Narutos reaction, Asumas death, Naruto meeting Kushina, Nejis Death, Obito Backstory, Itachis true backtory etc.)

However Part 1 has also things that it does better and if you think it is better than Shippuden than that's fine, I just hate how people on Tiktok act like it's a "fact" that Shippuden is worse. Both are great and the Manga is actually called just Naruto from start to finish.
Jul 13, 5:48 AM
Negator

Mar 2022
I personally liked part 1 more, but I still really liked part 2 and they’re close to even for me. I won’t really say one is better than the other, and I think people liking part 2 more makes sense, but part 1 just had something about it that I loved and put ahead of the other
Jul 13, 6:19 AM
Feb 2022
Cielord said:

if i binged them both in one month on 2020 , then i cant have nostalgia right , them i am certain og naruto is better shippuden has many plot and i dont even need to name them.
Jul 13, 6:37 AM

Jan 2021
SupremeGod said:
@Cielord i see you rated OG a 9 and Shippuden a 10 so you think Shippuden is better but just by a little bit?

9 and 10 for me are very different.
Jul 13, 6:38 AM

Jan 2021
saketsahu said:
Cielord said:

if i binged them both in one month on 2020 , then i cant have nostalgia right , them i am certain og naruto is better shippuden has many plot and i dont even need to name them.

"Has many plot" Then all you're saying it got too complex for you.
Jul 13, 6:51 AM

Jul 2023
naruto is always overhyped af. Still I watched this and og naruto is way way better than the shippuding, lmao. human are amusing creature, shippuding is good lmao.
Talent is something to nurture, and wisdom is something to hone

Jul 13, 7:13 AM
Feb 2022
Cielord said:
saketsahu said:

type mistake my bad i said plot hole , like weird power comparison, and example why edo madara is so much stronger than edo hashirama also war arc was way to inconsistent, also if hanzo the salamander is stronger than three sanin together and pain is stronger than hanzo and then why is an single sanin so close to beat pain you might argue but jiraya did hold back a little coz pain he is his student and his teachings went wrong.
Jul 13, 7:37 AM
Jul 2023
part 1 is more consistently good than shippuden. shippuden is good, but the first 2 arcs are a snooze fest and the war arc sucks outside of some fights. the only mid arc in part 1 is search for tsunade, but nothing is actively bad, unlike shippuden
Jul 13, 7:41 AM

Jan 2021
saketsahu said:
Cielord said:

type mistake my bad i said plot hole , like weird power comparison, and example why edo madara is so much stronger than edo hashirama also war arc was way to inconsistent, also if hanzo the salamander is stronger than three sanin together and pain is stronger than hanzo and then why is an single sanin so close to beat pain you might argue but jiraya did hold back a little coz pain he is his student and his teachings went wrong.

Edo Madara had the rinnegan + Kabuto strengthened him.

When it comes to Jiraya, then all i have to say is the sage mode.

Did you binged Naruto or skimmed through it?
Jul 13, 7:43 AM

Aug 2019
Did someone just say that Shippuden had better animation when it had literally the ugliest anime fight of all time (6-tailed Naruto vs Pain)?

If we're talking about overall quality including character development, plot, pacing and everything else that matters in a shonen, then Part 1 is superior. But I feel like I've said this about 100 times in the past 100 similar threads about this subject.
Jul 13, 7:51 AM
Dec 2020
i enjoyed shippuden alot more tbh
Jul 13, 8:00 AM

Feb 2016
Reply to Cielord
SupremeGod said:

9 and 10 for me are very different.
@Cielord How is 9 and 10 different for you?
Jul 13, 8:06 AM
Sep 2023
only illiterates and nostalgia merchants have og above shippuden
shippuden washes og in every aspect from animation, antagonist fights emotional moments
bgms and ost + art + charcter development+ charcter conclusion+ story + plot + more 10/10 arcs
and ofc
manga wise : .one of the best streches shikamaru arc to 4gnW
anime wise : shikamaru arc to 5 lage summit
Jul 13, 8:09 AM
Feb 2022
Cielord said:
saketsahu said:

kabuto strength was not supposed to be with madara after reanimation justsu was released, and for jiraya part i dont think it would make him stronger than all 3 sannin power combined and when they were younger and what about war arc part and people can have their opinion.
Jul 13, 8:18 AM

Apr 2020
Part one.

Side characters were way more important and power escalation was still in check.

It felt more diverse. Jutsus and fighting styles actually mattered.

Shippuden was just everyone having Sharingan-Foxdemon-Ultra-Rinnegan Powers, shooting laser beams at each other. It was boring.
Jul 13, 8:19 AM

Jan 2021
Reply to SupremeGod
@Cielord How is 9 and 10 different for you?
@SupremeGod Think of it like MAL ranking. Series who are ranked around the 9 ranges are hundreds of places away from series ranked in the 8 ranges.
Jul 13, 8:24 AM

Feb 2016
Reply to Cielord
@SupremeGod Think of it like MAL ranking. Series who are ranked around the 9 ranges are hundreds of places away from series ranked in the 8 ranges.
@Cielord So a 10 is way better than a 9 for you?
Jul 13, 8:30 AM

Jan 2021
Reply to saketsahu
Cielord said:
saketsahu said:

kabuto strength was not supposed to be with madara after reanimation justsu was released, and for jiraya part i dont think it would make him stronger than all 3 sannin power combined and when they were younger and what about war arc part and people can have their opinion.
@saketsahu Again the rinnegan and where it was stated his strengtening shouldn't be with him.

Respectfully what you think doesn't matter, it was showed to us that Sage mode is enough. Also
1.Jiraya didn't fought against all of pain. In fact when all of the pain showed he lost pretty easily.
2.Hanzo wasn't in his prime when he fought pain.
3.Nor do the 3 senin was in their prime when they fought hanzo.
4.We don't know how excatly the fight of Pain vs Hanzo or Hanzo vs 3 senin went.

All you said that the war arc was inconsistant, nothing for me to go about.

Yes people can have their opinion, i stated mine, while you're the one who started this argument. If you gonna boil it down to opinion, then don't start the argument at the first place.
CielordJul 13, 8:42 AM
Jul 13, 8:31 AM

Jan 2021
Reply to SupremeGod
@Cielord So a 10 is way better than a 9 for you?
@SupremeGod Yes (Character limit)
Jul 13, 8:33 AM

Mar 2020
First one is clear.
Jul 13, 8:40 AM
Feb 2022
Cielord said:
@saketsahu Again the rinnegan and where it was stated his strengtening shouldn't be with him.

Respectfully what you think doesn't matter, it was showed to us that Sage mode is enough. Also
1.Jiraya didn't fought against all of pain. In fact when all of the pain showed he lost pretty easily.
2.Hanzo wasn't in his prime when he tought pain.
3.Nor do the 3 senin was in their prime when they thought hanzo.
4.We don't know how excatly the fight of Pain vs Hanzo or Hanzo vs 3 senin went.

All you said that the war arc was inconsistant, nothing for me to go about.

Yes people can have their opinion, i stated mine while you're the one who started this argument. If you gonna boil it down to opinion, then don't start the argument at the first place.

ok my bad for starting argument, tbh i never wanted to start an argument it just happened cause i forgot to write hole , and i would still say og naruto is better for the sole reason that i enjoyed it more.
Jul 13, 8:43 AM
Feb 2021
Definitely Shippuden, it’s much more serious and the reveals about the characters and it has the most goated moments and not to forget about the openings and osts
Jul 13, 8:48 AM
Sep 2021
The first part/earlier parts are more consistent throughout.

The powerscaling was still good and not too op.

Side characters mattered more.
(There are lots of characters in Naruto, but Kishimoto never used them or didn't use them enough/properly after the timeskip. He did my boys, Neji and Lee dirty. 😒😔)

Most of the female characters are bad or at most mid.

The worldbuilding is ass. Etcetera. 🤷‍♀️

So I prefer the earlier parts/Naruto more.

Edited.
Loaf_dontcareJul 13, 8:53 AM
Jul 13, 8:55 AM

Feb 2016
Reply to Cielord
@SupremeGod Yes (Character limit)
@Cielord Shippuden is better than Part 1 idc what anyone says there's nothing that Part 1 does better than Shippuden
Jul 13, 8:57 AM

Feb 2016
Reply to Bhavya7
Definitely Shippuden, it’s much more serious and the reveals about the characters and it has the most goated moments and not to forget about the openings and osts
@Bhavya7 Yeah Shippuden is better tbh the Pain arc is better than all of Part 1
Jul 13, 8:58 AM

Feb 2016
Reply to tan9126
only illiterates and nostalgia merchants have og above shippuden
shippuden washes og in every aspect from animation, antagonist fights emotional moments
bgms and ost + art + charcter development+ charcter conclusion+ story + plot + more 10/10 arcs
and ofc
manga wise : .one of the best streches shikamaru arc to 4gnW
anime wise : shikamaru arc to 5 lage summit
@tan9126 4GNW is better than all of Part 1
Jul 13, 10:17 AM

Feb 2016
@Cielord Did you like the War Arc or no?
Jul 13, 10:37 AM

Jan 2021
Reply to SupremeGod
@Cielord Did you like the War Arc or no?
@SupremeGod I did, my favorite arc.
Jul 13, 10:40 AM
Oct 2023
i like both Naruto and Naruto shipuuden very much but for me shipuuden always has a better ranking in my list because of many reasons. it's expanded the story and added depth to its characters with emotional and well written backstories. not to mention but shipuuden introduced us to madara the G.O.A.T who is far better villain compared to the white snake guy(aarghhhh!!why can't I remember his name). plus whatever they say as for intensifying and all, I think those things had already happened in the world of naruto. we just got to see them later as Naruto progressed becoming stronger. plus at last, idgaf, if you hate Naruto or anything else. am just gonna enjoy my thing hehe😸
Jul 13, 10:51 AM

Feb 2021
Shippuden is most definitely better imo. It has better arcs, more and better characters, better fights, and deeper story.
Jul 13, 12:27 PM

Feb 2016
Reply to Cielord
@SupremeGod I did, my favorite arc.
@Cielord You like it more than the Pain arc?
Jul 13, 12:32 PM

Jan 2009
shippuuden has many full sakuga episode my favorite is hidan and kakuzu vs team shikamaru episode, killerbee vs sasuke episode and madara rampage episode
Jul 13, 1:09 PM

Jan 2021
Reply to SupremeGod
@Cielord You like it more than the Pain arc?
@SupremeGod What you don't undertand by my "favorite arc"?
Jul 13, 1:14 PM

Feb 2016
Reply to Cielord
@SupremeGod What you don't undertand by my "favorite arc"?
@Cielord A lot of people hate the War arc not too many people have it as their favorite lol
Jul 13, 1:18 PM

Jan 2021
Reply to SupremeGod
@Cielord A lot of people hate the War arc not too many people have it as their favorite lol
@SupremeGod You didn't asked a lot of people that, you asked me which i answered that
Cielord said:
I did, my favorite arc.

Jul 13, 2:36 PM
Mar 2024
I love part 1 it’s funnier & it’s definitely more of a vibe & I do agree when people say that it’s more consistent than shippuden however I think shippuden had the better writing ,arcs,moments,& fights the pain arc & 4gnw alone clear everything in part 1 overall I think shippuden was where the franchise hit that apex
Jul 13, 2:42 PM

Feb 2016
Reply to Det_Uchiha_10
I love part 1 it’s funnier & it’s definitely more of a vibe & I do agree when people say that it’s more consistent than shippuden however I think shippuden had the better writing ,arcs,moments,& fights the pain arc & 4gnw alone clear everything in part 1 overall I think shippuden was where the franchise hit that apex
@Det_Uchiha_10 4GNW is better than all of Part 1
Jul 13, 2:46 PM
Mar 2023
What I loved most about the show was Akatsuki, without them it just wasn't the same
Jul 13, 8:58 PM

Dec 2021
SupremeGod said:
@Cielord Shippuden is better than Part 1 idc what anyone says there's nothing that Part 1 does better than Shippuden

wtf bro? You ask for the others preference in the forum and slam it down with your own opinion and say the others are objectively wrong? That's just what an ahole would do.
Jul 14, 12:28 AM
Aug 2022
naruto in general was good until they threw in white magical alien ladies
Jul 14, 6:06 AM

May 2023
Part 1 for sure. Shippuden was good until the war arc imo
Hi
Jul 14, 7:11 AM
Feb 2021
Merve2Love said:
Part one.

Side characters were way more important and power escalation was still in check.

It felt more diverse. Jutsus and fighting styles actually mattered.

Shippuden was just everyone having Sharingan-Foxdemon-Ultra-Rinnegan Powers, shooting laser beams at each other. It was boring.

I agree with this. I like how in Part 1 we were introduced to characters with various styles and jutsu. It's a shame that most of the promising characters in Part 1 seem to be forgotten and underdeveloped in Shippuden. However, I still enjoyed Shippuden; it has many good moments and fights.
Jul 14, 7:22 AM
Feb 2021
Normalite said:
naruto in general was good until they threw in white magical alien ladies

Oh, this too. I think it would be better if characters in Naruto could use jutsu without a specific origin, similar to how Harry Potter features wizards and non-wizards.
Jul 14, 9:23 AM

May 2023
Reply to Cielord

@Cielord Not rlly. Shippuden just became a matter of who has the prettiest eye balls and a ninja god coming out of nowhere to grant the MC more magical powers that they themselves don't understand quite well. Part 1 was about actual ninjas ,rankings and strategy to win fights
Hi
Jul 14, 9:29 AM

Jan 2021
Thy-Veseveia said:
@Cielord Not rlly. Shippuden just became a matter of who has the prettiest eye balls and a ninja god coming out of nowhere to grant the MC more magical powers that they themselves don't understand quite well. Part 1 was about actual ninjas ,rankings and strategy to win fights

Your criticism is simply another version, of "Naruto stopped being about ninjas" which is honestly retard way of thinking. Naruto series, always was about superpowers, we always had things that real life ninjas never had anything close to.

Just admit you didn't understood the series and leave it at that.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 89 Discussion ( 1 2 )

rreggiebryant1 - Dec 18, 2008

54 by natsuyah »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 170 Discussion ( 1 2 )

SkyFade - Jul 29, 2010

52 by KoniginElle »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 113 Discussion ( 1 2 )

llamaben - Jun 11, 2009

89 by NowThatsEpic »»
Yesterday, 8:47 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 85 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Vince - Nov 20, 2008

94 by natsuyah »»
Yesterday, 10:39 AM

» Do you think 4GNW is the best arc in Naruto?

SupremeGod - Jul 14

39 by imnotweeaboo »»
Yesterday, 8:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.