Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 10, 2022 6:01 AM
Dec 2020
Since I'm too young to understand this "masterpiece" I will just give it a 2/10 and not ask questions
The number one rule of evangelion - dont ask questions
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 10, 2022 6:11 AM
Dec 2021
Then again, everything in EoE makes perfect sense, you just weren't ready enough.
Jun 10, 2022 6:14 AM
Sep 2020
So you accepted being dumb. Good for you.
Jun 10, 2022 6:21 AM
Jan 2021
you could at least try to understand what’s happening through a quick google search, like I didn’t understand everything initially but I’m still able to appreciate it for what it is and what it intended to accomplish
Jun 10, 2022 6:24 AM
Dec 2020
Cestlavie_ said:
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:
Since I'm too young to understand this "masterpiece" I will just give it a 2/10 and not ask questions

just use a Wiki page
I mean who watches Eva without using Wiki😂

just dont ask questions and accept what happens
Jun 10, 2022 6:25 AM
Dec 2020
HalfieCafe said:
you could at least try to understand what’s happening through a quick google search, like I didn’t understand everything initially but I’m still able to appreciate it for what it is and what it intended to accomplish

"a quick google search" lets just say shinji became god rei did some weird shit and everyone is now fanta
Jun 10, 2022 6:29 AM

May 2014
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:
HalfieCafe said:

"a quick google search" lets just say shinji became god rei did some weird shit and everyone is now fanta

yeah, basically

But the interesting part are the implications and the characters mental development.
what led them to do what they did, what their intent was and how much they where willing to loose/gain.

if you don't like that type of story then it's ok, it's your taste.

but if you want to make an effort to understand what you just watch think about that or just watch a shonnen lol
Jun 10, 2022 6:32 AM
Dec 2020
Ezdra said:
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:

yeah, basically

But the interesting part are the implications and the characters mental development.
what led them to do what they did, what their intent was and how much they where willing to loose/gain.

if you don't like that type of story then it's ok, it's your taste.

but if you want to make an effort to understand what you just watch think about that or just watch a shonnen lol
ive already seen the popular shounens unfortunately
Jun 10, 2022 6:37 AM

Jul 2019
On god. What freaking masterpiece! Pure grayjoy.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Jun 10, 2022 6:40 AM
Aug 2020
It's not inferior intellect.

Anyway, Evangelion doesn't resolve some super ingenious and extremely convoluted plot on Genesis and Neon Genesis.

It revolves around Shinji and his development.

There is no need to like a show cause it's popular and there is also no need to rationalize either liking or disliking it. In the end, Evangelion has its own flaws.
Jun 10, 2022 6:42 AM

Aug 2018
people have been speculating on what Evangelion means for decades. But the truth is it doesn't mean anything. All the symbolism was just tossed in there to make it look smart. Don't strain yourself trying to figure it out.
Jun 10, 2022 6:42 AM

Apr 2016
Don't worry, you just didn't like it.
That's all.
Jun 10, 2022 6:43 AM
Dec 2020
epidemia78 said:
people have been speculating on what Evangelion means for decades. But the truth is it doesn't mean anything. All the symbolism was just tossed in there to make it look smart. Don't strain yourself trying to figure it out.

the ending was bad thats all you need to know
Jun 10, 2022 6:48 AM
Jun 2021
Literally ending rei ayanami used as a god actually loved shinji so much she spared him to turning into orange Fanta
Jun 10, 2022 6:49 AM
Jun 2021
Also ending was rushed cus it cancelled production at the time so they spent last budget on movie
Jun 10, 2022 6:52 AM

May 2021
I see,good for you
Jun 10, 2022 6:53 AM
Aug 2020
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:
epidemia78 said:

the ending was bad thats all you need to know

Ending is about Neon Genesis..... In other terms, birth of a new age, which was literally depicted in the show.

Metaphorically, it refers to Shinji's new view point of the world. Escapism won't to lead to anything good and neither does colluding yourself in temporary joy. Shutting yourself up in room and hoping that only you alone are in this world would only make you lose meaning in yourself and your individualism. All you have to do is act upon what you have given and see the hope that it bring within it.

I am not even gonna go into any other symbolisms... To me, they are not important.
Jun 10, 2022 6:53 AM
May 2021
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:
HalfieCafe said:

umm... if that's what you understand from watching EoE, idk wat to say. just leave it and watch something else.
Jun 10, 2022 6:56 AM

May 2021
SqiffyMarlin said:
Also ending was rushed cus it cancelled production at the time so they spent last budget on movie

Not really,The budget was,indeed,depleted,but the ending to the 1st series was Hideaki Ano's real approach.EoE was made solely for those fans who were discontent with og ending and sent ano death threats.(and it unironically was more confusing)
Jun 10, 2022 6:57 AM
Dec 2020
Lone_wolf2021 said:
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:

umm... if that's what you understand from watching EoE, idk wat to say. just leave it and watch something else.
i literally hate all of your/dont know your unpopular opinons but i watched the movie an hour ago and its the worst ending in fiction
Jun 10, 2022 7:01 AM
May 2021
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:
Lone_wolf2021 said:

i literally hate all of your/dont know your unpopular opinons but i watched the movie an hour ago and its the worst ending in fiction

bruh u just didn't understand what was going on because u didn't pay attention... and that's completely fine. You just dislike it. It's not the worst ending in fiction if you're too dumb to comprehend it.
Jun 10, 2022 7:03 AM

Aug 2021
this is just bad
watch gurren lagann
Jun 10, 2022 7:05 AM
Dec 2020
Lone_wolf2021 said:
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:

bruh u just didn't understand what was going on because u didn't pay attention... and that's completely fine. You just dislike it. It's not the worst ending in fiction if you're too dumb to comprehend it.
well unpopular opinons are unpopular for a reason and imo "deep" anime are always terrible
Jun 10, 2022 7:06 AM
Dec 2020
VitorP1914 said:
this is just bad
watch gurren lagann
thats also bad tho but alot better then this
Jun 10, 2022 7:07 AM
Mar 2021
Would expect nothing less from someone with a name based on naruto.
Jun 10, 2022 7:08 AM
Mar 2021
bro just wants to be different
Jun 10, 2022 7:10 AM
Dec 2020
ErensFloorMat said:
Would expect nothing less from someone with a name based on naruto.
couldent expect anything differnt from an evangelion and madoka fan
Jun 10, 2022 7:22 AM
May 2021
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:
Lone_wolf2021 said:

well unpopular opinons are unpopular for a reason and imo "deep" anime are always terrible

Well atleast they are not as terrible as demon slayer or mirai nikki which you seem to like.

Deep shows are considered 'deep' because only ppl with real taste can enjoy them and you are in the minority.
Jun 10, 2022 7:24 AM
Dec 2020
Lone_wolf2021 said:
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:

Well atleast they are not terrible as demon slayer or mirai nikki which you seem to like.

Deep shows are considered 'deep' because only ppl with real taste can enjoy them and you are in the minority.
"real taste" typical madoka fans
Jun 10, 2022 7:28 AM
Dec 2019
Some people will always be like I didn't like some xyz show and thats just my opinion, or ask why certain fandoms are so toxic if I don't like their favourite anime/show...
and these same people will go out of their way to piss off the fandom.

You didn't like the movie...good for you. No need to tell that to us.
Heisenberg_69Jun 10, 2022 7:31 AM
Jun 10, 2022 7:37 AM
Aug 2017
Well isn't the point of thought provoking art to make you think about things and broaden your perspective?
Jun 10, 2022 7:37 AM
May 2021
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:
Lone_wolf2021 said:

Well atleast they are not terrible as demon slayer or mirai nikki which you seem to like.

I can't complain about you for not understanding evangelion or madoka after seeing that list of yours and your favs. Just stay away from these type of anime.
Jun 10, 2022 7:40 AM
Dec 2020
Lone_wolf2021 said:
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:

I can't complain about you for not understanding evangelion or madoka after seeing that list of yours and your favs. Just stay away from these type of anime.
yep i only like crappy generic shit i tried not to like shounen but i only ended up likeing it im currently watching made in abyss amd im not liking it so far so ig deep anime originals arent for me
Jun 10, 2022 8:00 AM

Aug 2021
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:
VitorP1914 said:
this is just bad
watch gurren lagann

Not also because eva is not bad, is just bad compared to gurren lagan.

You are just dumb as hell
Jun 10, 2022 8:03 AM
Dec 2020
VitorP1914 said:
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:

i mean i just think gainax is terrible whats wrong with that
Jun 10, 2022 9:13 AM

May 2021
If you mean the symbolism, then neither have I. I suppose Christians might figure this shit out. As for me, I was satisfied with Shinji's character arc.

Jun 10, 2022 10:34 AM

Aug 2021
Maybe it's not that you understand it 100%... you should at least interpret it.
Jun 10, 2022 10:52 AM
Jul 2016
The simplest explanation for the Evangelion series in general is that it is all a metaphor for having sex.

Once you figure that out, everything clicks lmaooooo.
Jun 10, 2022 3:19 PM
Dec 2021
epidemia78 said:

Are you serious? Religious symbolism was kinda random maybe, but all the psychology and philosophy were definitely not, and the whole series has been studied and analyzed a lot of times since its release. So no, there's no such "truth" and it's definitely not random, Evangelion is a masterpiece that smooth brains won't understand.
Jun 10, 2022 3:27 PM

Aug 2018
WaifuPop said:
epidemia78 said:

Are you serious? Religious symbolism was kinda random maybe, but all the psychology and philosophy were definitely not, and the whole series has been studied and analyzed a lot of times since its release. So no, there's no such "truth" and it's definitely not random, Evangelion is a masterpiece that smooth brains won't understand.

"2deep4u"

refuses to elaborate further.

typical.
Jun 10, 2022 3:29 PM
Dec 2021
epidemia78 said:
WaifuPop said:

"2deep4u"

refuses to elaborate further.

typical.

People should just admit that they're dumb instead of criticizing something because they don't get it. There are plenty of analysis on Evangelion, and everything is explained.
Jun 10, 2022 3:35 PM
Jul 2018
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:

No need to be an ass about it.
-Seele decides to get rid of NERV
-A lot of characters die
-Third impact starts and everyone turns into LCL
-Shinji has given up in life by this point, so he initially agrees with human instrumentality.
-The rest of the characters talk to him in similar fashion to the last 2 episodes of the show
-Shinji realizes that despite hardships, life is worth living and rejects instrumentality (pretty much the point of the movie, despite what many fanboys and haters who care too much about symbolism say)
-Now everyone on earth can choose to come back to life, so Shinji and Asuka appear on an island
-The meaning behind their last interaction is up to you
That's it.
Jun 10, 2022 3:43 PM

Feb 2016
KP_SENSEI said:
EoE was made solely for those fans who were discontent with og ending and sent ano death threats.(and it unironically was more confusing)

Yeah, I really don't understand how anyone who hates episode 26 would think this movie is any better.
その目だれの目?
Jun 10, 2022 3:56 PM
Jul 2018
epidemia78 said:

I'm so sick of this shitty take. "The symbolism is purely aesthetic so the whole show is meaningless"
Pay attention for once in your life, the show is pretty direct about it.
Jun 10, 2022 5:03 PM

Aug 2021
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:
VitorP1914 said:

i mean i just think gainax is terrible whats wrong with that
bro... literally the best company from all anime mf
Jun 10, 2022 5:31 PM
Jan 2022
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:

the brilliant and unique visualization makes this movie God tier, no need to "understand"
Jun 10, 2022 10:15 PM
Nov 2021
epidemia78 said:

lol people still believe this meme, the symbolism in End of evangelion is closely tied to kabbalah and too similar for it to be a coincidence, here's a good video on it
https://youtu.be/HlsVQFTdUeQ
Jun 10, 2022 10:42 PM
Jun 2021
Damn Eva fans are just obnoxious snobs now that I read this thread.
Jun 10, 2022 11:08 PM
Jan 2021
Cookiedude said:
Damn Eva fans are just obnoxious snobs now that I read this thread.

I don’t disagree, but this guy also just seems to be an incredibly ignorant asshole and doesn’t even try to see or interpret a differing perspective
Jun 10, 2022 11:10 PM

Aug 2018
orange fanta go boom boom 10/10
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you think Shinji is irredeemable?

TASM18 - Apr 15

21 by fizzydrinkk »»
Apr 24, 9:32 PM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion - The End of Evangelion Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Zerachroma - Jun 13, 2008

533 by rengoku09_ »»
Apr 1, 5:57 AM

» should i watch this movie instead of 25-26 or should i watch 25-26 or should i watch 25-26 and the movie

CRG - Aug 21, 2023

44 by Invisible_King »»
Mar 20, 1:27 PM

» There's nothing romantic about Asuka and Shinji

Sanjay63773 - Oct 26, 2022

37 by LoveLikeBlood »»
Mar 17, 1:01 PM

» how to watch?

misasdeathnote0 - Dec 19, 2023

18 by KitsuFrost »»
Dec 28, 2023 4:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.