Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Game No Life (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 19, 2021 4:54 AM

Jul 2020
So I've heard that the reason this anime is not getting a 2nd season is because the original creator of the show who has also done the character designs has been accused of tracing other people's illustrations. But is that really the reason for no 2nd season? Isn't every studio's goal to make money? Not that Madhouse is in need of it considering all the anime they've made but since fans really want it and it has the 12th most members of all animes on MAL a 2nd season at least should go without saying. Especially since every anime in the top 50 most popular animes either has more than 2 seasons or it's completed in 12-24 episodes.

So what I'm after is basically if tracing others work is really the reason it's not getting a 2nd season or if there's another reason. I don't know if Madhouse has made a comment in this so if they had I hope you can fill me in.
Jul 19, 2021 5:04 AM
Apr 2020
I don’t care anymore I’m just reading the light novel

Jul 19, 2021 5:07 AM
Oct 2015
I used to love this show. Now I hate isekai in general. But Japan never learns. Pop out more of 'em each year like a rabbit on heat.
Jul 19, 2021 5:08 AM

Jul 2020
_WeebMan_ said:

Then why did you reply? 🤷‍♂️
Jul 19, 2021 5:09 AM
Jul 2020
Yeah plagiarism is like a death wish in Japan
Jul 19, 2021 5:09 AM
Apr 2020
Kappejoj said:
_WeebMan_ said:

Then why did you reply? 🤷‍♂️

I was just saying if you don’t really want to wait for S2 (wich prob won’t happen soon) then just read the light novels that are very good and I love how they translated them

Jul 19, 2021 5:12 AM
Mar 2021
It’s Not Getting A Season 2 Get Over It
One Piece Gintama Jojos Bizzare Adventure Are My Favorite Anime
Jul 19, 2021 5:16 AM

Jul 2020
JOJOSISPEAK said:

The devil is a part timer gets a 2nd season now which came out 2013 so just stop dude, had a feeling I’d get replies like this 🤦‍♂️
Jul 19, 2021 5:21 AM

Jul 2020
AKA_Hornsby said:
I used to love this show. Now I hate isekai in general. But Japan never learns. Pop out more of 'em each year like a rabbit on heat.

Just becauas you hate isekais they should stop doing them? Makes sense NOT.
It’s a popular genre so it makes no sense to stop doing them. I’ve enjoyed most recent isekais, pretty much all or them
Jul 19, 2021 5:23 AM

Dec 2020
The NGNL movie came out after the plagiarising incident already happened so it’s not because of that, I’ve heard others say it might be because there’s not enough written material for a new season

Jul 19, 2021 5:35 AM
Jul 2018
Maybe source material? I heard the author had to go on hiatus for a while due to health issues, so maybe there aren’t enough volumes to adapt. It seems pretty popular, so I don’t understand why there wouldn’t be a second season.
Jul 19, 2021 6:25 AM

Jul 2020
SyrupyMaple said:
Maybe source material? I heard the author had to go on hiatus for a while due to health issues, so maybe there aren’t enough volumes to adapt. It seems pretty popular, so I don’t understand why there wouldn’t be a second season.

There’s plenty of material, first season adapted vol 1-3 and there’s 10 volumes. Author being on hiatus would seem like the most reasonable argument although they can still do it since the material is there
Jul 19, 2021 7:27 AM

Nov 2020
Kappejoj said:
So I've heard that the reason this anime is not getting a 2nd season is because the original creator of the show who has also done the character designs has been accused of tracing other people's illustrations. But is that really the reason for no 2nd season? Isn't every studio's goal to make money? Not that Madhouse is in need of it considering all the anime they've made but since fans really want it and it has the 12th most members of all animes on MAL a 2nd season at least should go without saying. Especially since every anime in the top 50 most popular animes either has more than 2 seasons or it's completed in 12-24 episodes.

So what I'm after is basically if tracing others work is really the reason it's not getting a 2nd season or if there's another reason. I don't know if Madhouse has made a comment in this so if they had I hope you can fill me in.

https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=why+did+ngnl+didn%27t+got+a+second+season
This link will give u ur answere:)

"I don't know about you
But I'm feeling 22
Everything will be alright if
You keep me next to you
You don't know about me
But I'll bet you want to

We just keep dancing like we're 22, 22"
Jul 19, 2021 7:37 AM
Nov 2019
Kappejoj said:
JOJOSISPEAK said:

The devil is a part timer gets a 2nd season now which came out 2013 so just stop dude, had a feeling I’d get replies like this 🤦‍♂️

Because the chances of season 2 happening is slim, VERY slim. Devil is A Part Timer never faced plagiarism like NGNL. Therefore the chances of season 2 is likely a 13% chance rn :)
Jul 19, 2021 8:04 AM

Jul 2020
Codonaine said:
Kappejoj said:

Because the chances of season 2 happening is slim, VERY slim. Devil is A Part Timer never faced plagiarism like NGNL. Therefore the chances of season 2 is likely a 13% chance rn :)

and I wonder if the plagiarism is really the reason for it. Is it confirmed that Madhouse or any other studio won't pick it ip because it or not? Like I said, what matters to studios is money, even if he faced plagiarism, it's not impossible to make a 2nd season if it can make lots of money.

And like Itskells said, it got a movie in 2017 which was after the plagiarism thing happened so I feel like it's safe to say it's not because of it.
Jul 19, 2021 8:08 AM

Jul 2020
XxX_Kirito_XxX said:
Kappejoj said:

I did google it and didn't find an answer that I was much satisfied with so I tried here, smartass
Jul 19, 2021 8:18 AM

Nov 2020
Kappejoj said:
XxX_Kirito_XxX said:

I did google it and didn't find an answer that I was much satisfied with so I tried here, smartass
chill bro chill I was just joking......

Btw if u googled it already I guess there were hundreds of post on reddit about this I dk y u didn't got an answere from there :(

"I don't know about you
But I'm feeling 22
You keep me next to you
You don't know about me
But I'll bet you want to

We just keep dancing like we're 22, 22"
Jul 19, 2021 8:31 AM
May 2021
Itskells said:
The NGNL movie came out after the plagiarising incident already happened so it’s not because of that, I’ve heard others say it might be because there’s not enough written material for a new season

I heard the writer spent a while in a hospital and just came out so that makes a lot of sense
Jul 19, 2021 9:28 AM
Dec 2020
Kappejoj said:

My guess is the anime was only ever released to promote the manga or Light novel I had no idea about the tracing characters. I guess you really do learn something new everyday
Being human is making mistakes.
Jul 19, 2021 9:36 AM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
Kappejoj said:
JOJOSISPEAK said:

That's actually a really good point, if you want a better example even, both slayers and fullmetal panic got additional series over a decade after going off the air, so there definetly is presidency for this.

Ikarus101 said:
Kappejoj said:

My guess is the anime was only ever released to promote the manga or Light novel I had no idea about the tracing characters. I guess you really do learn something new everyday

While I don't have the source for this, it was quite frequently stated back when people first started asking for S2 that the madhouse exec in charge just doesn't like sequels in general (no game no life isn't their only property like this from that time). With that said that may of been false, unless someone has the interview link handy👍👍.
Jul 19, 2021 12:17 PM

May 2021
The creator of NgNl has stomach cancer and he was released form the hospital 3 or so years ago he focused on writing light novels at the moment because it’s easier for him to do in his condition. When it comes to the whole plagiarism allegations nothing was confirmed it was some art that had similarities such as poses or backgrounds or the general layout of the art ,madhouse put out a statement when the allegations first happened apologizing for the situation and explaining the situation, so in short the reason for no season 2 is because of the author’s health and that he hasn’t spoken to the studio about any sequels at this point in time. Hopefully this helps
Jul 19, 2021 12:21 PM
Mar 2020
Kappejoj said:
JOJOSISPEAK said:

It isn't getting a season 2. Devil is a Part Timer season 2 took so long because it wasn't a very popular anime originally. Plagirism is something entirely different. Also, you asked if the anime was going to get a season 2, so don't be mad just because the answer wasn't what you wanted to hear.
Jul 19, 2021 12:36 PM

Jul 2020
FuRyNG said:
Kappejoj said:

It isn't getting a season 2. Devil is a Part Timer season 2 took so long because it wasn't a very popular anime originally. Plagirism is something entirely different. Also, you asked if the anime was going to get a season 2, so don't be mad just because the answer wasn't what you wanted to hear.

Nah if you would’ve had an actual reason saying it won’t get a 2nd season I would’ve accepted it. But if you just say ”no, get over it” how am I supposed to believe that? The guy who made a post above you made a solid argument for saying it hasn’t happened and I can now see why it hasn’t got a 2nd season and I’m ok with it
Jul 19, 2021 12:37 PM

Jul 2020
KleinClover98 said:
The creator of NgNl has stomach cancer and he was released form the hospital 3 or so years ago he focused on writing light novels at the moment because it’s easier for him to do in his condition. When it comes to the whole plagiarism allegations nothing was confirmed it was some art that had similarities such as poses or backgrounds or the general layout of the art ,madhouse put out a statement when the allegations first happened apologizing for the situation and explaining the situation, so in short the reason for no season 2 is because of the author’s health and that he hasn’t spoken to the studio about any sequels at this point in time. Hopefully this helps

Yes that’s the kind of answer I was hoping for, thank you :)
Jul 19, 2021 7:45 PM
Mar 2020
Kappejoj said:
FuRyNG said:

Nah if you would’ve had an actual reason saying it won’t get a 2nd season I would’ve accepted it. But if you just say ”no, get over it” how am I supposed to believe that? The guy who made a post above you made a solid argument for saying it hasn’t happened and I can now see why it hasn’t got a 2nd season and I’m ok with it
I did use a solid argument, plagirism. Not much more needs to be said. Get over season 2 of the anime and go read the source material.
Jul 20, 2021 11:51 PM
May 2021
Kappejoj said:

I saw that the reason is the studio went bust therefore it won't get another season unless another one pics it up correct me if I'm wrong
Jul 20, 2021 11:51 PM
May 2021
Kappejoj said:

I saw that the reason is the studio went bust therefore it won't get another season unless another one pics it up correct me if I'm wrong
Jul 21, 2021 12:47 PM
Jun 2021
Dont worry bro I got your back!

I did research that the Author of NGNL really does want a Season 2 but his health condition really bad and dont worry he said that he will be fine and the LN volume 11 will coming soon!

First,the plagiarism cased has been done and now he just focus to make LN.

Second,the Author really wanted to make a season but then he said the the studios was really busy and he wanted the SAME staff that produced NGNL season 1.

Third,the STUDIOS cant make a decision to make animes by themselves.The one who in charge is The PUBLISHER(LIKE KADOKAWA AND SHUEISHA). Example, the publisher will choose a Light Novel or Manga to make it an Anime.Then, they will choose the studios that had an ability to make it.Then, the producer will set the budget of that anime. So,The Studios doesn't have power to choose an anime that they wanted to adapt!!

Fourth,They aren't enough source material to make another season. Maybe we will hear an announcement about this series after the LN volume 11 come out!

CMIIW!!!
Jul 22, 2021 11:49 AM

Apr 2009
MasterBihun77 said:

I did research that the Author of NGNL really does want a Season 2 but his health condition really bad and dont worry he said that he will be fine and the LN volume 11 will coming soon!

Second,the Author really wanted to make a season but then he said the the studios was really busy and he wanted the SAME staff that produced NGNL season 1.

Third,the STUDIOS cant make a decision to make animes by themselves.The one who in charge is The PUBLISHER(LIKE KADOKAWA AND SHUEISHA). Example, the publisher will choose a Light Novel or Manga to make it an Anime.Then, they will choose the studios that had an ability to make it.Then, the producer will set the budget of that anime. So,The Studios doesn't have power to choose an anime that they wanted to adapt!!

Fourth,They aren't enough source material to make another season. Maybe we will hear an announcement about this series after the LN volume 11 come out!

CMIIW!!!

thanks for the info.
Jul 23, 2021 3:49 AM
Sep 2020
Its not really interesting so idk if theres no s2
Aug 14, 2021 4:41 AM

Jul 2021
No Game No Life Season 2 is the Half Life 3 of Anime!
Sep 6, 2021 8:15 PM
Nov 2020
MasterBihun77 said:

CMIIW!!!
Thanks bro I appreciate the info

More topics from this board

» No Game No Life’s Original Creator Pleads For A Second Season Of The Anime ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 10

58 by Animeistaken »»
Apr 24, 8:33 AM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Cheesekao - Jun 25, 2014

1020 by FarCritical »»
Apr 22, 5:11 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2014

476 by FarCritical »»
Apr 22, 2:47 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2014

622 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 21, 5:21 PM

» Your wishes for this april fool

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 31

16 by sloth848 »»
Apr 19, 8:52 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.