Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 29, 2019 1:53 PM
Dec 2018
Fate/zero was unbelieveable. Tho it had flaws they were irelevant compared to how good the action, setup , story and characters were
You get a clear setup with motivated character that have purpose and it feel like they fight for the most important thing
Blade works starts well. The prologue was awesome and the 1st episode was also very nice but DAMN the rest of the season is so mediocre and stupid at times
First of all...WHAT ARE THE RULES? in fate zero there is stated that there is a 60 year gap between grail wats but there we go having one after 10 years (that would not be a problem if it was the only sore thumb sticking out). Since when killing the master is enough to kill the servant? This was clearly not the case in Zero and it seems to be done for plot convenience
Another huge issue is the setup. High school setup was a terrible idea. Not only the characters chosen were not that interested in the grail but it made the plot feel sooooo meaningless..it felt like i watched some supernatural teen series were some brats get superpowers and start fighting when that period of the month hits hard
The characters...oh ...dear...god... how should i start...the MC is probably one of the least interesting and most idiotic characters i've seen in my life...he is literally the embodiment of absurdism and stupidity ...rin's whole character was flushed... she had promise but turned into shirou's tsundere that had a crush on him for NO REASON ..also she called shirou an idiot but she acted like an idiot all the time too
Saber ... who?
Assassin and caster were upgrades but rider , archer and lancer were huge downgrades. Archer is actually cool but no comparisson to gilgamesh...talking about gil...he got 30 seconds of screentime in 10 episodes which is dumb...he is by far the most interesting character of the series...we instead follow a bunch of highschool kids treating the grail war like a fortnite lobby
The animation was amazing...but cannot save the huge huge downgrade from fate/zero
GilgaGOATJul 30, 2020 2:04 AM
Jul 29, 2020 7:17 PM

Aug 2018
GilgaGOAT said:
Fate/zero was unbelieveable. Tho it had flaws they were irelevant compared to how good the action, setup , story and characters were
You get a clear setup with motivated character that have purpose and it feel like they fight for the most important thing
Blade works starts well. The prologue was awesome and the 1st episode was also very nice but DAMN the rest of the season is so mediocre and stupid at times
First of all...WHAT ARE THE RULES? in fate zero there is stated that there is a 60 year gap between grail wats but there we go having one after 10 years (that would not be a problem if it was the only sore thumb sticking out). Since when killing the master is enough to kill the servant? This was clearly not the case in Zero and it seems to he done for plot convenience
Another huge issue is the setup. High school setup was a terrible idea. Not only the characters chosen were not that interested in the grail but it made the plot feel sooooo meaningless..it felt like i watched some supernatural teen series were some brats get superpowers and start fighting when that period of the month hits hard
The characters...oh ...dear...god... how should i start...the MC is probably one of the least interesting and most retarded characters i've seen in my life...he is literally the embodiment of absurdism and stupidity ...rin's whole character was flushed... she had promise but turned into shirou's tsundere that had a crush on him for NO REASON ..also she called shirou an idiot but she acted like an idiot all the time too
Saber was better than in fate zero but still boring
Assassin and caster were upgrades but rider , archer and lancer were huge downgrades. Archer is actually cool but no comparisson to gilgamesh...talking about gil...he got 30 seconds of screentime in 10 epusodes which is dumb...he is by far the most interesting character of the series...we instead follow a bunch of highschool kids treating the grail wat like a fortnite lobby
The animation was amazing...but cannot save the huge huge downgrade from fate/zero

Completely agree. If I watched this before Zero I wouldn’t have bothered watching any more of the Fate series
Aug 14, 2020 9:42 AM
Jul 2019
fate/zero was writen by another person and after fate/stay night..and yeah, i agree completely with you, but the problem maybe is that fate isnt good how a lot of people say, only fate zero had the luck to be something truly great and thats all theres about this franchise
Aug 16, 2020 11:03 AM
Jan 2018
GilgaGOAT said:
First of all...WHAT ARE THE RULES? in fate zero there is stated that there is a 60 year gap between grail wats but there we go having one after 10 years (that would not be a problem if it was the only sore thumb sticking out). Since when killing the master is enough to kill the servant? This was clearly not the case in Zero and it seems to be done for plot convenience
The characters...oh ...dear...god... how should i start...the MC is probably one of the least interesting and most idiotic characters i've seen in my life...he is literally the embodiment of absurdism and stupidity ...rin's whole character was flushed... she had promise but turned into shirou's tsundere that had a crush on him for NO REASON ..also she called shirou an idiot but she acted like an idiot all the time too
Saber ... who?
Assassin and caster were upgrades but rider , archer and lancer were huge downgrades. Archer is actually cool but no comparisson to gilgamesh...talking about gil...he got 30 seconds of screentime in 10 episodes which is dumb...he is by far the most interesting character of the series...we instead follow a bunch of highschool kids treating the grail war like a fortnite lobby

Pretty much everything you mentioned was Fate/Zero taking liberties with it's narrative which is why it was retconned as non-canon by the creator. As for Shirou and Rin, you simply didn't put the time into understanding either of them. Shirou is infinitely better written, more mature and intelligent than Kiritsugu, who is still a pretty good character in his own right, was even in this godawful adaptation of the source.
Aug 25, 2020 8:36 PM

Apr 2014
GilgaGOAT said:
Saber ... who?

1. They literally say that the grail came back earlier because nobody made a wish in Zero. Also, the “Servant survives without a master” thing was a rule that Zero broke. This came first, so if anything, Zero removed it out of convenience.

2. “Not only the characters chosen were not that interested in the grail but it made the plot feel sooooo meaningless..it felt like i watched some supernatural teen series were some brats get superpowers and start fighting when that period of the month hits hard”
Firstly, that’s a really immature description. Secondly, care to elaborate instead of just tossing buzzwords around?

3. “Rin was turned into an idiot.” Again. This came before Zero, my dude. Either way, Fate/ is built around the development and character of Shirou. Each piece of FSN develops him in different ways.

4. Saber was completely ruined and changed in Zero. Either way, Gil’s role becomes huge later in the series.

5. “Muh fortnite.” Expert trolling, my dude!

Either you’re an edgelord or a troll. Not a particularly funny version of either one.

Kbenicio said:
fate/zero was writen by another person and after fate/stay night..and yeah, i agree completely with you, but the problem maybe is that fate isnt good how a lot of people say, only fate zero had the luck to be something truly great and thats all theres about this franchise

Nice alt, tc.

060steve said:
GilgaGOAT said:
First of all...WHAT ARE THE RULES? in fate zero there is stated that there is a 60 year gap between grail wats but there we go having one after 10 years (that would not be a problem if it was the only sore thumb sticking out). Since when killing the master is enough to kill the servant? This was clearly not the case in Zero and it seems to he done for plot convenience
The characters...oh ...dear...god... how should i start...the MC is probably one of the least interesting and most retarded characters i've seen in my life...he is literally the embodiment of absurdism and stupidity ...rin's whole character was flushed... she had promise but turned into shirou's tsundere that had a crush on him for NO REASON ..also she called shirou an idiot but she acted like an idiot all the time too
Saber was better than in fate zero but still boring
Assassin and caster were upgrades but rider , archer and lancer were huge downgrades. Archer is actually cool but no comparisson to gilgamesh...talking about gil...he got 30 seconds of screentime in 10 epusodes which is dumb...he is by far the most interesting character of the series...we instead follow a bunch of highschool kids treating the grail wat like a fortnite lobby

Completely agree. If I watched this before Zero I wouldn’t have bothered watching any more of the Fate series

Nice second alt.

Aug 26, 2020 12:47 AM

Aug 2018
Dragonage2ftw said:
Nice second alt.

Dude who tf would put so much effort into making my list if I were an alt? Get out of here with your bait.
I’m sorry that my preference towards Zero offends you but, that’s just like... my opinion man
Aug 29, 2020 8:41 AM
Apr 2019
Animaniaig said:
GilgaGOAT said:
Saber ... who?

Pretty much everything you mentioned was Fate/Zero taking liberties with it's narrative which is why it was retconned as non-canon by the creator. As for Shirou and Rin, you simply didn't put the time into understanding either of them. Shirou is infinitely better written, more mature and intelligent than Kiritsugu, who is still a pretty good character in his own right, was even in this godawful adaptation of the source.
hmm infinitely more inteligent is an overstatement i hate shirou in end of s1 but after it he becomes pretry likeable, kiritsugu got less development but he is more reliable and likeable in my opinion
Aug 29, 2020 9:07 AM
Jan 2018
Sabeb said:
Animaniaig said:

hmm infinitely more inteligent is an overstatement i hate shirou in end of s1 but after it he becomes pretry likeable, kiritsugu got less development but he is more reliable and likeable in my opinion

How? Kiritsugu was everything people hated about Shirou, despite Shirou himself not having any of these traits, he was naive, immature, clueless and hopelessly idealistic. He was pretty much a manchild that staked all his hopes on a Grail he didn't have any kind of understanding over not even realising that the Grail can't actually grant wishes and never has done. The fact that he figured out the Grail was corrupted was sheer luck over anything else as a normal Grail would've shown him the exact same thing. Not to mention the fact that he himself was the one to cause the fire by destroying it improperly.
Aug 29, 2020 10:22 AM
Apr 2019
Animaniaig said:
Sabeb said:

How? Kiritsugu was everything people hated about Shirou, despite Shirou himself not having any of these traits, he was naive, immature, clueless and hopelessly idealistic. He was pretty much a manchild that staked all his hopes on a Grail he didn't have any kind of understanding over not even realising that the Grail can't actually grant wishes and never has done. The fact that he figured out the Grail was corrupted was sheer luck over anything else as a normal Grail would've shown him the exact same thing. Not to mention the fact that he himself was the one to cause the fire by destroying it improperly.
hmmm okayy i respect your opinion bro
Sep 7, 2020 8:14 AM

Apr 2014
It is sort of strange that there’s this many people who think Zero is the original Fate/ story, though.

Sep 8, 2020 4:42 AM

Aug 2009
I hate it when people are "disappointed" in FSN when they even fail to understand Zero.

Like holy fuck, how pretentious can you be that the age of the characters is the only thing you can present as good or remember at all?
Sep 8, 2020 4:50 AM

Aug 2016
Nah fam, UBW is better than boring ass Fate Zero
People who uses MAL forums are mostly bug people, take their speech with a grain of salt.
Professional Supreme Gentleman - 恋人はあなたが選んだ兄弟です
https://www.reddit.com/r/AnimeElitism/ (AnimeElitism Reddit)
https://discord.gg/4kdGsFG (Dead Discord)
2静か先生88#7307
Oct 7, 2020 8:55 AM
Oct 2020
GilgaGOAT said:
Saber ... who?

1.) it was always like that.. If the master gets killed, the servant will vanish after a short period of time (because the masters provide the necessary mana supply for them). The only way to stay in the world, is to Form a new contract with another master (everything is explained in stay night).
Furthermore, there is a passive skill called "independent action" which can increase the remaining time for some servants.

Spoiler (if you didn't saw the second season).

2.) shirou is not interesting? You definitely didn't get his character at all.
He cleary suffer due to an mentally illness, caused by his past trauma.. He got an Martyr complex, survivor's guilt and ptsd.
He try to fill his emptiness and the only way to accomplish this goal, is connected to his ideals. After shirou saw kiritsugu's happy face at the end of zero, he wanted to feel the same. Furthermore he wished to continue kiritsugus dream of a "hero of justice", because he failed in zero.
Shirou doesn't have any self worth, because of his survivers guilt. The poor guy even blaming himself, for enjoying the date with thosaka. That's why he often acts reckless and irrational. He also got character development in ubw. Even though the ideal is impossible to accomplish, his dream itself is beautiful. He acknowledged that he can't save everyone, but he want to save as many people as possible.

He understands the true nature of his personality and recognized the flaws about his ideals. But it doesnt mean his ambition, to help other people, is entirely wrong. In the end, his future is much brighter than Archer´s fate, who forgot about the origin of his ideals in the first place. After killing so many people, he only wanted results and got tired of it.

To sum it up: shirou will focuse on the joinery instead of the end, while archer only focused on the end result.

3.) gilgamesh got enough screentime in the second season.. His basically the main antagonist besides archer and caster.
His fight against shirou was also great (I guess you already watched it and complain about gil's loss.. So i Will explain it).
The main reason why gilgamesh lost is because of his big ego.. He didn't fight shirou seriously. He could easily kill him with ea or use the chain of heavens (enkidu) to bind him. But he would never use his most beloved treasures against a "Mongrel" xD
The system behind Unlimited Blade Works counters that of Gate of Babylon's weapons, the copy can go up against the original.
Shirou even explained it during the fight.
So gilgamesh should have killed him, before ubw was casted.
You can also see how he hesitate to use his strongest weapon EA, because he couldn't accept this outcome due to his pride.

Shirou also got the magical crest of rin transplanted to his body... So shirou got only a limited time to make use of it. That's how he could create ubw.
I also explain the lore behind magic crests :
Without a magic crest, you've basically have to start from the beginning and wouldn't accomplish anything of worth. Inheriting a Magic Crest makes you automatically learn everything learned by all those who had that crest before you. To sum it up: mage family's can continue they're research. Your successors can pick up right where you left off and continue trying to reach the root. That's why it is so powerful and gave shirou a limited boost of his abilitys.

4.) I agree.. Rider don't have much screentime.. But that's how it meant to be. Every route is focused on different character, so you have to see all routes of stay night as a whole package. Rider, illya, sakura and kirei are more relevant for heavens feel for example.
Fate/zero was easier to understand, because it's based on a light novel. So the complete scenario is linear.

I really like zero but stay night as a whole is better in my opinion.
Without stay night, zero wouldn't even exist.
TypeMercury94Oct 7, 2020 11:07 AM
Apr 3, 2021 7:28 AM
Jul 2018
The animation in Ultimate Blade works was wayyyyyyyyy better than fate zero. That's a known fact.
Apr 3, 2021 10:09 AM
作画

Nov 2019
yeah I'm trying not to drop UBW because my boy Urobuchi Gen is the one who wrote Zero and as recommended by some fans I'm watching the ubw->hf->zero order
nwssxApr 4, 2021 4:15 PM
Apr 12, 2021 8:52 AM
Jul 2020
GilgaGOAT said:
Saber ... who?

Completely agree, Fate ubw is trash

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.