Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 18, 2019 11:48 AM

Mar 2013
The 33rd issue of Akita Shoten's Weekly Shounen Champion of 2019 announced on Thursday that Kentarou Satou's Mahou Shoujo Site (Magical Girl Site) manga will end in two chapters. The 35th issue, which goes on sale on August 1, will publish the final chapter.

Satou launched Mahou Shoujo Site on the Champion Tap! website in July 2013 before transferring the manga to Weekly Shounen Champion in September 2017. A two-volume spin-off series subtitled Sept, which featured art by Sogabe Toshinori, was also serialized in Champion Tap! between October 2017 and August 2018. Akita Shoten will publish the 15th and final volume of Mahou Shoujo Site on August 8.

A 12-episode TV anime adaptation by production doA aired in Spring 2018. Amazon Prime streamed the anime worldwide.

Seven Seas Entertainment shipped the ninth volume of the manga in North America on May 28.

Source: Comic Natalie
Jul 18, 2019 12:08 PM

Jan 2019
Well thats a bummer, hopefully they manage to come to a decent conclusion. I didn't know that it was published in America, will have to put it on the buy list!

Nobody liked the anime because they claimed it to be a Madoka clone, but the show wasn't afraid to have fun with the concepts it introduced and it was much more of a black comedy than the horror/drama that Madoka strived (and failed) to be.
RinkanReichJul 18, 2019 12:43 PM
Jul 18, 2019 1:26 PM

Feb 2013
DiscoDespot said:
Well thats a bummer, hopefully they manage to come to a decent conclusion. I didn't know that it was published in America, will have to put it on the buy list!

Nobody liked the anime because they claimed it to be a Madoka clone, but the show wasn't afraid to have fun with the concepts it introduced and it was much more of a black comedy than the horror/drama that Madoka strived (and failed) to be.

Why you didn't just read the manga? It's all available even if not by official release.
Jul 18, 2019 1:42 PM
Nov 2014
DiscoDespot said:

Maybe >some< did claim that it was imitating Madoka and didn't like it because of that but saying it like that's the reason most of the people that didn't like it isn't quite right. I can't say anything about the manga since I haven't read it but for example to me and many of my friends, both more hardcore and casual anime fans it just felt rather flat and kinda crude in the way they displayed both the physical and psychological horror.
I agree that it's good for shows to be more willing to do something out of the ordinary so we don't keep on getting too see stuff that appears more and more generic but sadly this time around it just wasn't that successful in pulling off that kind of horror it was apparently aiming for. Sudden and extreme: yes - but it just lacked weight and mood. Just like how we recently often get to see someone killed off brutally in the first few episodes but barely even know that character and because of that didn't even have much of a chance until that point to build up a connection to this character which would have been necessary to actually give that death some kind of weight and emotional punch.
Jul 18, 2019 2:10 PM

Sep 2012
ZentraZK said:
DiscoDespot said:

Maybe >some< did claim that it was imitating Madoka and didn't like it because of that but saying it like that's the reason most of the people that didn't like it isn't quite right. I can't say anything about the manga since I haven't read it but for example to me and many of my friends, both more hardcore and casual anime fans it just felt rather flat and kinda crude in the way they displayed both the physical and psychological horror.

You may be right but when the said guy claims Tokyo Ghoul is 10/10, the claim itself becomes flat as well. You don't like how the story is presented? Well that's cool. Present your claim in this way rather than "wew thiz so edgy".
Jul 18, 2019 2:13 PM
May 2019
I didn't really liked the anime is the manga version worth reading? cause from my understanding it's different from the anime version.
Jul 18, 2019 2:36 PM
Nov 2014
sasalx said:
ZentraZK said:

You may be right but when the said guy claims Tokyo Ghoul is 10/10, the claim itself becomes flat as well. You don't like how the story is presented? Well that's cool. Present your claim in this way rather than "wew thiz so edgy".

Kinda confused by the wording... my style of critique is sound and balanced, isn't it?
Jul 18, 2019 2:45 PM

Jan 2019
caio_brb said:
DiscoDespot said:

Why you didn't just read the manga? It's all available even if not by official release.

I knew it was online, but I prioritize reading my psychical manga copies first since reading it on PC is annoying and gives me headaches.. Anyway, its always good to support the authors right?!
Jul 18, 2019 5:06 PM

Aug 2007
Its time to begin reading this. Because curiosity. I read Mahou shoujo of the end, so, I can read this too.
Jul 19, 2019 11:19 AM

Sep 2012
ZentraZK said:
sasalx said:

Kinda confused by the wording... my style of critique is sound and balanced, isn't it?

Oh no no it wasn't aimed to you. I was making a general rant over the topic of the quote.
Jul 19, 2019 7:42 PM

Oct 2017
Well, that explains the pacing the manga was having.

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Hanazakari no Kimitachi e' Gets Anime

DatRandomDude - 3 hours ago

9 by livexevil »»
2 minutes ago

» 'Megami no Café Terrace Season 2' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

11 by iwubanime »»
4 hours ago

» Smartphone Game 'Garena Free Fire' Gets Anime Project

Hyperion_PS - May 12

41 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
7 hours ago

» 'Ore wa Subete wo "Parry" suru' Unveils Additional Cast, Staff, Theme Songs

Nioxys - Yesterday

0 by Nioxys »»
Yesterday, 8:39 AM

» Manga 'Kinoko Inu' Receives TV Anime in Fall 2024

Hyperion_PS - May 13

2 by Zedlin »»
Yesterday, 8:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.