Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 6, 2018 3:54 PM

Oct 2015
@-Melancholy-
Woah, Kaitou Kid set and a Spyro/Crash fan... I may have found my new favourite person O_O

Not sure if you're new or not, but I haven't seen you before, so~ welcome to the club :3
Dec 6, 2018 3:56 PM

Mar 2017
Memor said:
@-Melancholy-
Woah, Kaitou Kid set and a Spyro/Crash fan... I may have found my new favourite person O_O

Not sure if you're new or not, but I haven't seen you before, so~ welcome to the club :3

I died for like, a year, I'm not surprised at all. X'D
However, I'm honoured that you love me already.~

CURRENT OTPS - Kaito Kid x Shinichi Kudou
CURRENT OBSESSION - Detective Conan
CURRENTLY PLAYING - Spyro | Crash Bandicoot
CURRENTLY LISTENING TO - WRLD: By Design
CURRENT HUSBAND - Kaitou Kid
Dec 6, 2018 3:58 PM

Oct 2015
@-Melancholy-
Well, I'm glad you came back ^3^
I'm currently watching Detective Conan, I just finished episode 520 earlier ^^ still a ways to go, but it's easy to get through an anime you enjoy so much :3
Dec 6, 2018 4:02 PM

Mar 2017
Memor said:
@-Melancholy-
Well, I'm glad you came back ^3^
I'm currently watching Detective Conan, I just finished episode 520 earlier ^^ still a ways to go, but it's easy to get through an anime you enjoy so much :3

I'm glad to be back.~ Was missing the good old days when I would spend hours just talking to people here.
I plan on continuing Detective Conan here in a little bit, I have it on-hold right now thanks to life getting in the way of me watching anime. So, you play the remasters of Crash and Spyro yet?

Dec 6, 2018 4:07 PM

Oct 2015
@-Melancholy-
That's pretty much the same reason I returned~ it's a lovely little community ^^
That's fair enough :3 and nope, I haven't ;-; Crash, I just recently replayed the PS1 trilogy, so I'm not really feeling up to playing the remaster xD but I will at some point! As for Spyro, I sadly don't own a necessary system uwu hoping it'll come to Switch/PC like Crash did ^^
Have you played them? :o
Dec 6, 2018 4:13 PM

Mar 2017
Memor said:
@-Melancholy-
That's pretty much the same reason I returned~ it's a lovely little community ^^
That's fair enough :3 and nope, I haven't ;-; Crash, I just recently replayed the PS1 trilogy, so I'm not really feeling up to playing the remaster xD but I will at some point! As for Spyro, I sadly don't own a necessary system uwu hoping it'll come to Switch/PC like Crash did ^^
Have you played them? :o

I think they said they planned on adding it to the PC sometime down the road... either way, I played the Crash remaster recently, and it was as good as I was expecting. <3 I look forward to when I can grab Spyro Reignited later this month. I haven't played that yet either, but I intend to soon. So, your profile says you like RPGS. Which ones?

Dec 6, 2018 4:19 PM

Oct 2015
@-Melancholy-
Woah, did they really say that already? o.o that's awesome :3
I'm glad to hear it! ^^ I've seen a couple clips and it looks fantastic~ what system did you play it on? :o
Hmm, when it comes to RPGs I like Fire Emblem, Tales, and Chrono Trigger the most ^^
Dec 6, 2018 4:23 PM

Mar 2017
Memor said:
@-Melancholy-
Woah, did they really say that already? o.o that's awesome :3
I'm glad to hear it! ^^ I've seen a couple clips and it looks fantastic~ what system did you play it on? :o
Hmm, when it comes to RPGs I like Fire Emblem, Tales, and Chrono Trigger the most ^^

I know~ They even want to try to bring it on the Switch, but they think the game might be too big. If Skyrim can play on the Switch, I have no doubt that Spyro can. Lol.
I played it on Xbox One, so I got it a year later. I'd like a PS4 soon here so I can get the FF7 remake though (if it comes out while I'm still alive lmfao.)
I'm going to Google those. I love RPGs but I lack knowledge on a lot of good ones. Always looking to broaden my experiences with them.

Dec 6, 2018 4:31 PM

Oct 2015
@-Melancholy-
Yeah, that seems weird to me... ^^' I figure Breath of the Wild might be bigger than Spyro too ._.
Oh, but isn't FF7 coming to Switch next year? :3 unless that's not a remake?
That's awesome~ out of all of those, I think Chrono Trigger is the best and most necessary experience ^^
Dec 6, 2018 4:39 PM

Mar 2017
Memor said:
@-Melancholy-
Yeah, that seems weird to me... ^^' I figure Breath of the Wild might be bigger than Spyro too ._.
Oh, but isn't FF7 coming to Switch next year? :3 unless that's not a remake?
That's awesome~ out of all of those, I think Chrono Trigger is the best and most necessary experience ^^

Spyro Reignited is like, 60gbs, so I'll have to do the math on that.
Sadly, it's not the remake. Just a new release of the original. DX Damn, I wish it was the remake. I've been waiting ages for that.
Wow, only $15 on Steam? I'll have to get that. Lol. I play a lot of mainstream RPGS (or ones that no one knows about like Divinity Ego Draconis but I loved this game a lot) so I want to try and get into the juicier things. And it was developed by Square? I'm definitely getting this. XD
-Melancholy-Dec 6, 2018 4:45 PM

Dec 6, 2018 4:46 PM

Oct 2015
@-Melancholy-
Alright, I look forward to it haha :3
Ehh that sucks! Dx hopefully it'll happen... 2050 maybe ^3^
Yep! Not sure how the PC port is though, comparatively ^^ but it's truly incredible, a classic :3 there's a recent game called CrossCode that reminds me soo much of it, and I've been wanting to play it xD
Dec 6, 2018 4:50 PM

Mar 2017
Memor said:
@-Melancholy-
Alright, I look forward to it haha :3
Ehh that sucks! Dx hopefully it'll happen... 2050 maybe ^3^
Yep! Not sure how the PC port is though, comparatively ^^ but it's truly incredible, a classic :3 there's a recent game called CrossCode that reminds me soo much of it, and I've been wanting to play it xD

God, 2050, I'd be a welcome artifact in the Smithsonian Museum.
I would get the original on the PS1 if I hadn't stuck my console into a shelf somewhere in the attic. The reviews seem all really good, so I'll give it a shot, why not~ it's only $15 I can part with for a good game. CrossCode, huh? I should look that up, too. o3o
Anyway, I gotta go, but I'll see you later~. I enjoyed talking with you.

Dec 6, 2018 4:54 PM

Oct 2015
@-Melancholy-
The DS version is generally considered the best now, if you don't mind handhelds ^^ I played it on DS myself :P awesome! let me know how you find it then! ^.^
Alrighty, see you later~ I hope we can talk again sometime ^^
Dec 6, 2018 7:26 PM

Oct 2015
Dec 19, 2018 8:18 AM

Oct 2011
the list is probably too long, so I'll select a few:

1) Descent (1995 video game)

Awesome 3D shooter for the time period. With a great AI as well. It's not rated 9.5/10 on steam for nothing. Been playing it for ages...

2)Sid Meier's Civilisation 1 (and 2)

Still popular today. The first and second games were awesome, so it's obvious there's sequels.

3) Pharaoh & Cleopatra

Awesome city building game. Loads of time consuming fun.

*and much more*
Dec 19, 2018 8:20 AM

Aug 2008
Dobato said:
the list is probably too long, so I'll select a few:

1) Descent (1995 video game)

Awesome 3D shooter for the time period. With a great AI as well. It's not rated 9.5/10 on steam for nothing. Been playing it for ages...

2)Sid Meier's Civilisation 1 (and 2)

Still popular today. The first and second games were awesome, so it's obvious there's sequels.

3) Pharaoh & Cleopatra

Awesome city building game. Loads of time consuming fun.

*and much more*
The 1st & 3rd games look appealing. I bet Descent is going to be fun ^^
Dec 19, 2018 8:52 AM

Oct 2011
SweetMonia said:
The 1st & 3rd games look appealing. I bet Descent is going to be fun ^^

Descent is loads of fun. xD Except if you're prone to seasickness...if so then too bad for you...360 degree of freedom, and not knowing which way is up and down at times will get to you. >_< It has a sort of storyline as well, with small cinematics. For the time, even DOOM wasn't it's rival.

And yeah, if you like city building, Pharaoh is just great. Lots of buildings, nice voice-overs for villagers, and mesmerizing songs. There's even warfare and trade with other cities to take care of.
Dec 19, 2018 11:40 AM

Oct 2011
Lets go with old games again. turned bases ver. xD

1) Bahamut Lagoon

Played on the SNES, this game wasn't translated and needs to be patched. But awesome turn base, with lovely pokemon style and great story.

2) Shining Force 2

Awesome storyline. Great graphics. It's one of the best Sega Genesis games.

extra:
Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium

One of the best RPG ever, and definitely the best on the GENESIS. Awesome gameplay, compelling storyline. And nice VN-styled graphics!
A must play, imo.
Dec 19, 2018 2:38 PM

Aug 2008
Dobato said:
Lets go with old games again. turned bases ver. xD

1) Bahamut Lagoon

Played on the SNES, this game wasn't translated and needs to be patched. But awesome turn base, with lovely pokemon style and great story.

2) Shining Force 2

Awesome storyline. Great graphics. It's one of the best Sega Genesis games.

extra:
Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium

One of the best RPG ever, and definitely the best on the GENESIS. Awesome gameplay, compelling storyline. And nice VN-styled graphics!
A must play, imo.
You know many good gamu :)

I can see how the SNES/Genesis generation is your favorite. I guess I missed many good gamu in it. Specially on the SNES
Dec 19, 2018 2:58 PM

Mar 2014
Shining Force is still a game I really need to try.
"I have blue eyes, blonde hair... uhhhh... gatling cannon..." My smile's fanbase... maybe...
[remember to put image here so sig look cool]_______
Dec 19, 2018 6:36 PM

Oct 2011
SweetMonia said:
You know many good gamu :)

I can see how the SNES/Genesis generation is your favorite. I guess I missed many good gamu in it. Specially on the SNES

I don't know that many...only what I know...>////>
And indeed, the SNES/GENESIS/DOS era (1990s) is my favorite for games. There's tons of games that are rather unknown and should be tried. And all them lovely pixels~

Norilla said:
Shining Force is still a game I really need to try.
The series is quite good, try it out when you have the chance. ^_^
Dec 19, 2018 7:14 PM

Mar 2014
@Dobato
I heard it was good.
It seemed similar to Fire Emblem and I really like those games, so it'd make sense to try out Shining Force.
"I have blue eyes, blonde hair... uhhhh... gatling cannon..." My smile's fanbase... maybe...
Dec 19, 2018 7:17 PM

Oct 2011
@Norilla
I actually need to do the reverse...I never tried the Fire Emblem series. >_<
Dec 19, 2018 8:57 PM

Mar 2014
@Dobato
It's okay. *pets head*
^_^
Dec 23, 2018 3:22 PM

Mar 2017
I never did beat Nethack. For some reason I pull it up and try again every few years.
A møøse once bit my sister...
Dec 23, 2018 8:19 PM

Oct 2011
mwalimu said:
I never did beat Nethack. For some reason I pull it up and try again every few years.
Is it even possible to beat Nethack...? I thought Rogue-likes were endless...
Jan 7, 2019 3:46 AM

Jul 2013
Hmmm, I mostly played on the PSX back in the day so some games I really liked were Spyro 1 through 3, Rayman 1 & 2, Rally and Air Combat (Ace Combat 1).

Outside of that I also liked playing super mario kart, mario kart 64, kirby 64, age of empires, red alert 2 and a bunch of other stuff :3
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Jan 7, 2019 6:17 AM

Aug 2008
Tyrantarmy6 said:
Hmmm, I mostly played on the PSX back in the day so some games I really liked were Spyro 1 through 3, Rayman 1 & 2, Rally and Air Combat (Ace Combat 1).

Outside of that I also liked playing super mario kart, mario kart 64, kirby 64, age of empires, red alert 2 and a bunch of other stuff :3
I see you played many good stuff up there, like Ace Combat, Age of Empire, Mario Kart 64 & Red Alert 2 ^^
Jan 7, 2019 12:44 PM

Oct 2011
Tyrantarmy6 said:

I remember Rayman 2 was pretty neat, although I never finished it...Still have the PC discs. xD

And yep, I remember you were also an AoE player. Forza Horizon 4 now has a nice horn for your cars:
wololo~~ xD
Jan 7, 2019 1:50 PM

Oct 2015
Tyrantarmy6 said:

Aww, you played Spyro <3 such a good corn boy :3
May 11, 2019 9:04 AM

Mar 2018
DEAD TO RIGHTS
GTA SAN ANDREAS
GTA VICE CITY
FREEDOM FIGHTERS
IGI
NEED FOR SPEED HOT PURSUIT
MAX PAYNE
MIDTOWN MADNESS
CALL OF DUTY 1 AND 2
BROTHERS IN ARMS
I DON'T THINK I WILL EVER FORGET THESE GAMES
May 12, 2019 5:27 PM

Feb 2018
My doctor had super old gaming devices (GameBoys maybe?) in his office at one point. I remember playing Tetris on it back in the day.

I also played Crash Bandicoot, Donkey Kong, Super Mario World and Yoshi’s Island.

Of course, my parents had those super unbreakable old Nokia cell phones and I played Snake and Space Impact when I was little. :P

serapheMay 12, 2019 6:22 PM

𝖳𝗈 𝖬𝗒 𝖲𝗈𝗎𝗅
𝖩𝖾𝗋𝗋𝗒 𝖥𝗈𝗅𝗄
𝟎:𝟑𝟓 ━━━━━━━━━━━━ 𝟯:𝟰𝟮
⏴︎ ⏵︎

May 12, 2019 6:16 PM

Oct 2015
MarieChanArts said:
My doctor had super old gaming devices (GameBoys maybe?) in his office at one point. I remember playing Tetris on it back in the day.

I also played Crash Bandicoot, Donkey Kong, Super Mario World 2 and Yoshi’s Island.

Of course, my parents had those super unbreakable old Nokia cell phones and I played Snake and Space Impact when I was little. :P

Sorry if I'm mistaken, but aren't Super Mario World 2 and Yoshi's Island the same game? xD I haven't played the older Mario games though, so :3
May 12, 2019 6:21 PM

Feb 2018
@Memor

They are! Whoops, I did a derp and made a typo. I meant Super Mario World and Yoshi’s Island. :P

You should try them if you get a chance! I liked Yoshi’s Island better because of the power ups/attacks (you get to spit water melon seeds at baddies lolol)

𝖳𝗈 𝖬𝗒 𝖲𝗈𝗎𝗅
𝖩𝖾𝗋𝗋𝗒 𝖥𝗈𝗅𝗄
𝟎:𝟑𝟓 ━━━━━━━━━━━━ 𝟯:𝟰𝟮
⏴︎ ⏵︎

May 12, 2019 6:44 PM

Oct 2015
@MarieChanArts
I figured haha ^^ it happens to the best of us :'3

I would totally love to sometime ^o^ it's just that there are so many games I want to play just as much, so it could take so time... xD but I will get there! >^<
May 20, 2019 4:26 PM

Jul 2017
Let's see... I've played Mega Man, both classic and X series. There's a very special place in my heart for Battle Network.

I love Castlevania. Played 1 and 2, some Gameboy Games, and the DS games.

Payed Chrono Trigger. I thought it was great but eventually bored me and I never got around to finishing it.

I play Pac Man regularily.

The original Tekken games.

So many Star Wars games I lost count lol

Pulse Man which is a very, very obscure Genesis game you HAVE to play at least once.

Obviously Mario and Sonic.
Oh, and about Sonic, 3D Blast also holds a special place in my heart even though it's terrible.

I also had a Bomberman fever when I was like 10 and played ALL of the games I think.

And I adore Pitfall. Used to play it as a kid. Still do now.

Even if you kill me, even if you kill anyone, even if you reset science… There’s always an idiot who will try anything, and the shiny monkeys will inevitably create a technological civilization.

May 20, 2019 4:45 PM

Aug 2008
Darvallas said:
Let's see... I've played Mega Man, both classic and X series. There's a very special place in my heart for Battle Network.

Payed Chrono Trigger. I thought it was great but eventually bored me and I never got around to finishing it.

Pulse Man which is a very, very obscure Genesis game you HAVE to play at least once.

Oh, and about Sonic, 3D Blast also holds a special place in my heart even though it's terrible.

I also had a Bomberman fever when I was like 10 and played ALL of the games I think.

What other Sonic games do you like? Do you play the genesis ones?
May 20, 2019 6:15 PM

Jul 2017
SweetMonia said:
Darvallas said:

I like Unleashed, Colors, Generations, Mania, and the Genesis ones.
I think my favourite would be Generations, with Mania coming at a close second.
I don't like the Adventure games, though I did play Adventure DX when I was a kid. I loved it back then but it hasn't aged well at all.
And from the Genesis my favourite has always been Sonic 2. Then CD, 3,and 1.

Do you play Sonic?

Even if you kill me, even if you kill anyone, even if you reset science… There’s always an idiot who will try anything, and the shiny monkeys will inevitably create a technological civilization.

May 21, 2019 8:28 AM

Aug 2008
Darvallas said:
SweetMonia said:

I don't like the Adventure games, though I did play Adventure DX when I was a kid. I loved it back then but it hasn't aged well at all.

Do you play Sonic?
Yes, and particularly the genesis games. I go back to them at times just to have a blast with them. They are so timeless ^^

I played Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast for a bit, and finished most of it on the GameCube, it had a lot of potential, and seeing Sonic in 3D was fun. I think Sonic didn't transition well into 3D as well as Mario did.

A friend of mines recommended Sonic Mania to me so fervently, so I may get that one too. :>
May 21, 2019 10:27 AM

Jul 2017
SweetMonia said:
Darvallas said:

Do you play Sonic?
Yes, and particularly the genesis games. I go back to them at times just to have a blast with them. They are so timeless ^^

I played Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast for a bit, and finished most of it on the GameCube, it had a lot of potential, and seeing Sonic in 3D was fun. I think Sonic didn't transition well into 3D as well as Mario did.

A friend of mines recommended Sonic Mania to me so fervently, so I may get that one too. :>

Yeah, 3D movement is hecked lol
Enemies are hard to hit and the slightest tilt of the analog will drive your character crazy!

If you liked the Genesis games you will adore Mania. It's like a celebration of everything that made Sonic great back in the day.
My only complaint is that it doesn't dispose of the lives system (I don't think they're necessary anymore) and that the campaign is rather short. But if finishing the game too fast is your biggest complaint, that must mean that the game itself is exceptionally fun and you want to play some more. I consider that an absolute win xD

May 21, 2019 10:48 AM
May 2019
Age of Empires, Battle for Middelearth 2, Jedi Outcast 2, Rogue Squadron 2 and 3 aaaand a lot more :D
May 22, 2019 2:44 PM

Aug 2008
Darvallas said:
SweetMonia said:

Yeah, 3D movement is hecked lol
Enemies are hard to hit and the slightest tilt of the analog will drive your character crazy!

If you liked the Genesis games you will adore Mania. It's like a celebration of everything that made Sonic great back in the day.
My only complaint is that it doesn't dispose of the lives system (I don't think they're necessary anymore) and that the campaign is rather short. But if finishing the game too fast is your biggest complaint, that must mean that the game itself is exceptionally fun and you want to play some more. I consider that an absolute win xD
Pretty much, yes >.<

That's good to hear, I may pick it on the Switch once I am free to play it. The older games were also short at the time. There should be much longer 2D Sonic game, nihaha~
Jun 6, 2019 2:09 PM
Foreign Minister
Dec 2018
I think that my favorite old game would have to be Zelda Ocarina of Time for the Nintendo 64. The graphics may be poor, but the story line is just so captivating. I also enjoy the small things that you can do to help you out, even though those small things aren’t required to complete the game.
Jun 12, 2019 12:47 PM
Jul 2018
Gold Miner

Jun 18, 2019 6:22 AM

Jul 2017
Friendly reminder that Bloodstained comes out today, and that's inspired by the Castlevania series.

Curse of the Moon was great and all, but it's time for the main course...

Jun 18, 2019 6:34 AM

Aug 2008
-Izanagi said:
Gold Miner

Ahaha~ I played this one few years ago XD
Jun 18, 2019 6:41 AM

Aug 2008
Darvallas said:
Friendly reminder that Bloodstained comes out today, and that's inspired by the Castlevania series.

Never heard of those. Too many games come out these days, I guess :D

>>>> Though this is a bit outside the scope of this thread :D

Speaking of old games, I played Sonic Mania, and I know now why you complimented it above~ :>

AnimaBeats said:
I think that my favorite old game would have to be Zelda Ocarina of Time for the Nintendo 64. The graphics may be poor, but the story line is just so captivating. I also enjoy the small things that you can do to help you out, even though those small things aren’t required to complete the game.
I so liked Ocarina of Time. I liked Majora Mask even more~ :3
Jun 18, 2019 7:39 AM

Oct 2015
Darvallas said:

I haven't played any Castlevania, but I thought Bloodstained looks cool ^o^
Jun 18, 2019 8:43 AM

Jul 2017
SweetMonia said:
Darvallas said:

Never heard of those. Too many games come out these days, I guess :D

>>>> Though this is a bit outside the scope of this thread :D

Speaking of old games, I played Sonic Mania, and I know now why you complimented it above~ :>

Castlevania used to be really hardcore. I couldn't complete the first game without savestates, and I haven't been able to beat the third one. Bloostained Curse of the Moon is nothing like that, however. It's got two main stories. First one is too easy. Second one is difficult enough to kill me twice on the second level lol

Yeah, Sonic Mania is God-tier. It's gotten pretty good for remakes these past few years. Crash, Spyro, Destroy all Humans, Medievil, Link's Awakening. All we need now is some Twisted Metal and I won't leave my room for a year!

SweetMonia said:
I so liked Ocarina of Time. I liked Majora Mask even more~ :3

I've always liked Majora's Mask more, but to be honest I prefer the top down Zelda games.

I don't know if you'd consider this 'old', but Spirit Tracks is among my favourites.

Jun 18, 2019 8:50 AM

Jul 2017
Memor said:
Darvallas said:

I haven't played any Castlevania, but I thought Bloodstained looks cool ^o^

Bloodstained should give you a good idea of what the older games are about, but I recommend playing through Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night. They are the absolute best Castlevania games out there. One is is a side scroller, the other a Metroidvania.

As a rule of thumb, if the name sounds similar, the games are related. Symphony of the Night is a sequel to Rondo of Blood, so you really should play that one first. Though most people don't. Don't know why, but Castlevania fans seem to neglect the old formula.
Personally I've always preferred it to the JRPG style, but to each their own.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» ^Say something about the cute girl above you V.32:- Princess Lamina Edition ✩☽✩✩ ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SweetMonia - Apr 8, 2020

5884 by TheBigGuy »»
Yesterday, 1:54 PM

» When I say __________ What's the first thing that comes to mind V.11:- Nihaha~ Edition~ ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SweetMonia - Jan 19, 2019

5853 by TheBigGuy »»
Sep 6, 1:40 PM

» "Have you ever..." -Thread V.5 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SweetMonia - Jan 20, 2019

2989 by hazecloud »»
Jul 30, 6:01 AM

» Watched This Anime Or Not + Opinion? V.2 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SweetMonia - Aug 29, 2018

1695 by hazecloud »»
Jul 30, 6:00 AM

» Post your CTRL + V ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SweetMonia - Aug 17, 2018

1056 by TheBigGuy »»
Jun 6, 12:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.