Forum Settings
Forums

Rewatching specific anime cuz of being annoyed by new ones

New
Apr 15, 2018 8:18 AM
Oct 2017
So one thing I commonly face while watching new(those that I haven't watched before) anime is that I might get really annoyed cuz of the content of the anime or because i have a bad mood and start rewatching old ones that I liked and most of the time it's one of these anime- Detroit Metal City, One Punch Man and Sket Dance. This always works out for me and no matter what my mood may be, I always seem to enjoy rewatching those.

I was just wondering if anyone else has such a habit and if you do, which ones do you rewatch? Even if you don't have such a habit but you have some anime that you enjoy rewatching over and over you could mention them too. Thanks to anyone replying!
Apr 15, 2018 9:04 AM

Oct 2015
Rather than doing that because of trash seasonals, I watch it to brighten up my mood, just to lessen the stiffness on my shoulders.

Monster Musume
To Love-Ru
And other harem ecchi that I love

Including Hundred

π”šπ”žπ”«π”«π”ž 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔢𝔬𝔲,
π”šπ”žπ”«π”±π”¦π”«' 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”žπ”©π”© π”ͺ𝔢 π”ͺ𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱

Apr 15, 2018 9:14 AM

Mar 2016
I barely find a new anime that I enjoy, so I prefer to rewatch nowadays. I enjoyed rewatching anime that I rate 7 or above or romance anime that I liked that I rate 6 or above.

Currently
I am rewatching Kino no Tabi, NHK ni Youkoso, Ashita e free Kick, Gintama, SEL and Shinrei Tantei Yakumo

I don't have any anime that I far prefer to rewatch than others. It really depends on my mood. I have almost all anime in my list (except ptw list) in my external HD, so it's easy for me to rewatch anything that I feel like.
"People who don't see that anime has changed are either wearing "glasses" or watching only a certain type (and or era) of anime"
"Having a low mean score doesn't necessarily mean one doesn't enjoy anime. Rating system is not a school grading system."
"Elitist is people who think he is superior than others. Not necessarily ones who insulting/critisizing your favorite anime or people who enjoy a certain type of anime"
"Fanboy is people who translating "your favorite anime is shit" into "you are shit".
"Being a fanboy is an indication of elitism"
Apr 15, 2018 9:20 AM

Jan 2018
Seeing the seemingly never ending anime list that keeps popping up on MAL's database, I'd say to have a mood to enjoy rewatching show is a rare habit from my perspective. So far my rewatch list is quite limited as I only prefer anime that contain epic fights like One Piece as of now.
Apr 15, 2018 10:30 AM
Oct 2017
i have been rewatching bleach everyday since the beginning of 2018 so i've seen the whole show more than 100 times now
Apr 15, 2018 10:33 AM

Feb 2018
I also rewatch my favorites all the time I have already seen death note 5 times and most of my other favorites multiple times aswell
Apr 15, 2018 10:36 AM

Aug 2015
Almost never rewatch. And come on - at least a couple of good anime airs every season. But "old school fans" can't stop whining about how bad nowadays anime is.
Apr 15, 2018 10:53 AM
Oct 2017
bitchassdarius said:
i have been rewatching bleach everyday since the beginning of 2018 so i've seen the whole show more than 100 times now

seriously?? 100 times? that's 366x100 = 36600+ eps of bleach.
UrbanSpaceman said:
Almost never rewatch. And come on - at least a couple of good anime airs every season. But "old school fans" can't stop whining about how bad nowadays anime is.

Yeah there are good anime airing every season but these days i seem to get annoyed by a lot of tropes if i feel they're half assed executions. Btw by 'new' i didn't mean the anime that are airing now, i meant the ones that i didn't see before and am trying out. I'm not judging by era in any way.
Apr 15, 2018 10:58 AM
Oct 2017
trenchantbaka said:
bitchassdarius said:

seriously?? 100 times? that's 366x100 = 36600+ eps of bleach.
UrbanSpaceman said:

Yeah there are good anime airing every season but these days i seem to get annoyed by a lot of tropes if i feel they're half assed executions. Btw by 'new' i didn't mean the anime that are airing now, i meant the ones that i didn't see before and am trying out. I'm not judging by era in any way.

yes i am a bleach master        
Apr 15, 2018 11:01 AM

Oct 2014
I very rarely rewatch anything and when I do it's usually with other people. I don't watch super modern anime all that often, but I much prefer watching anime I haven't seen to watching anime I have already seen.

More topics from this board

» Why do people complain about "rapey" characters in anime?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

47 by DigiCat »»
3 seconds ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

30 by Miyamotodex23 »»
1 minute ago

» Visual Novels β€” General Thread

Shizuna - 3 hours ago

14 by Asian-Warrior »»
6 minutes ago

» Is there any specific setting or theme you’re biased to

nishant0 - 28 minutes ago

5 by Spunkert »»
12 minutes ago

» New anime fans have an extreme inferiority complex and huge beef with older fans

EastIndiaCompany - 29 minutes ago

3 by Spunkert »»
17 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.