Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Do you think there should be a Second Season?
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 15, 2016 10:56 AM
Oct 2015
I don't know if it really HAS to be a second season (I wouldn't say no to that if it's executed like the first one), but I'd want them to continue the story in some sort of format in any case. Maybe a couple of movies would also be an option?
Oct 16, 2016 8:33 AM

Jun 2015
LeanMeanMachine said:
I don't know if it really HAS to be a second season (I wouldn't say no to that if it's executed like the first one), but I'd want them to continue the story in some sort of format in any case. Maybe a couple of movies would also be an option?

i agree with you.. +1
Nov 20, 2016 7:02 AM

Jul 2016
TheDxGuy said:
well lets look at another anime called accel world, it was made at the same time like hyouka and they said there will be a second season, witch is still on holed. the chances for a seconed season for hyouka are higher now that they are making new volumes and the fact that they made 5 volumes and animeted only 4 of them. so i think a new season will come at about... 2016
well 2016 is about to end and unfortunately there is no word for a new season
Nov 25, 2016 3:26 AM

May 2016

It really needs a second season because I've heard many of the Otakus and my friends said that. "Alas, I feel so bad because Oreki and Chitanda didn't end up together". Whenever I hear someone says that I feel so bad too because the anime is missing something. "Their together forever".
TheOtaku_LuffyNov 25, 2016 3:55 AM
Nov 25, 2016 3:57 AM
Jun 2012
Thouse who want second season abandon all hope. Second season never
Dec 17, 2016 7:57 AM
Apr 2016
1. I respect your opinion on why the season 2 shouldn't be aired and that you didn't like the anime that much. I f you didn't like it then why did you post your opinion here and why did you watch the season ? In your statement you say that is had spoilers of Nancy drew. That should mean that you watched most of the mysteries to know that.

2. It isn't the author's fault that you don't like traditional Japanese culture. The character "Chitanda" was from a powerful family , so you should have figured out that there would be some tradition.

3.It is stupid to compare a mystery anime to a sports anime like "free!" the two of them are completely different genres with a different story line, this goes for Chuu2 as well.

4. You saying that an anime doesn't deserve a new season is even tho the first season had loads of people enjoying is discouraging to the viewers and the author if he reads it.

Perisher said:
Sure.

Firstly I didn't have a problem with the ending like most seem to. This seems to be a major complaint but I felt like it was ok.

Secondly, I didn't really warm to the characters. Oreki was deadpan and boring, Chintanda was cute but but the other leads + side-characters were kinda flat.

Lastly most of the mysteries were a convoluted mixture of Nancy Drew spoilers and Japanses cultural references that weren't really much fun to uncover from my perspective.

However - I did like how KyoAni took a risk with the show. It's very different to your average SoL. That was cool. Also it looked nice, but the story and characters failed to grab me at all.

So that's why a second season wouldn't intrest me at all. Not that it's going to happen anyway... Hyouka wasn't exactly a cash cow like Chuu2 or Free.
Dec 22, 2016 9:04 AM
Dec 2016
After watching hyouka i believe a second season maybe possible due to the fact that it ended in such away.they way it ended gives Honobu-San more space to write ideas. Anyway I seriously hope he makes are one season. Onegai Honobu-San please make a second season.
Dec 28, 2016 3:49 AM
Dec 2016
I think there should be a second season. It's mainly because Oreki and Chitanda's feeling for each other are yet to be discovered. Also, I'd like to watch how Mayaka and Fukube's relationships going to turn out. -I'm curious!
Jan 3, 2017 11:56 PM
Aug 2016
I think that Hyouka deserves 2nd season. I never seen such A light - but deep - story that blend Slice of life and mystery together. Also considering that only 4 out of 5 series are animated, I'm sure they have enough material to at least make one or two OVA's episodes. Now, after knowing that 6th series will be published soon I'm sure that they have more than enough material for making a full 12 episodes of anime. The only question is are Hyouka still satisfying Japanese anime trends today? For me, it sure is. But are the animation studio think in the same was as me?

I just hoping Hyouka coming back and give me more mystery to think and solve.
Jan 8, 2017 1:58 AM

Oct 2012
I feel that the last novels of Hyouka need to be animated :(
Jan 12, 2017 2:32 PM
Oct 2013
This is too late but I want it to have a proper ending. The anime is right up into my alley. Animation check. Pacing check. Content check. Transitions check. Fanservice well done check. Balanced mixture of slice of life and mystery check. Interesting dialogues check. Events that actually encourage the audience to think. Character development check. Characters that have depth check. Memorable characters. Consistent execution check. Great OP and ED 1&2 check.

I'm curios!!! My rating would be somewhere between 9 and 10 our of 10.

It's rare for me not to yawn on any slice of life during binge eating episodes but Hyouka and its staff did an amazing job in entertaining me.
Jan 20, 2017 11:21 AM
Jul 2016
In first place there is enough material for a second season plus at least one ova.
In second place in my opinion once the manga it's complete, they'll start the second season. Or sooner idk 😂
Feb 7, 2017 10:45 AM
Jul 2015
Well, let me have some words on that too. This is my opinion about long stories:

I do not like anime series having hundreds of episodes and seasons. A story -guys- must end. There must be a limit. The ending is the whole purpose of series, it is "climax". There are times that it generally defines if the whole story or plot is shit or not, just by looking at ending.

So, this had to have an end too, but I don't know what to say. It was like a "chekhov"ish show. I somehow feel guilty if I say "no second season". There should be a second season.

But that is it. Only a second season, nothing more.
Mar 20, 2017 6:23 AM
Mar 2017
Sad fact. We still don't have any update with the news of the second season. The blue-ray sold pretty well, though. No new novels too have been released. But maybe, an OVA series or a short movie is being made, because the anime did leave us to solve the mystery of what's gonna happen next. We gotta solve it, just like Oreki solved the mystery of the movie of class 2-F.
Apr 12, 2017 6:21 AM
Mar 2017
Perisher said:
Sure.

Firstly I didn't have a problem with the ending like most seem to. This seems to be a major complaint but I felt like it was ok.

Secondly, I didn't really warm to the characters. Oreki was deadpan and boring, Chintanda was cute but but the other leads + side-characters were kinda flat.

Lastly most of the mysteries were a convoluted mixture of Nancy Drew spoilers and Japanses cultural references that weren't really much fun to uncover from my perspective.

However - I did like how KyoAni took a risk with the show. It's very different to your average SoL. That was cool. Also it looked nice, but the story and characters failed to grab me at all.

So that's why a second season wouldn't intrest me at all. Not that it's going to happen anyway... Hyouka wasn't exactly a cash cow like Chuu2 or Free.
It's called "personal opinion" you should never say that a show or series does not "deserve" a continuation. One, because these are forms of entertainment, and hence subject to personal liking and dislike. Two, because they are all art forms and there are always people who feel different from you. You may say that if there does happen to be a second season, you personally wouldn't watch it. Clearly, as seen from the polls above, there are quite a lot of people who would want to see a second season come to fruition.

PS: none of this meant to offend, just suggesting one should always keep bias out of matters that come to debate.
Apr 12, 2017 6:28 AM

Feb 2015
It has been 2017 and people still are holding their hopes for this series...

Damn... When I have lost the will for the S2 to ship... This people are so.... So... inspirational...
May 28, 2017 12:30 AM
May 2017
Well as I agree with most people that the Hyoka series is good as it is. There's still some characters that can make it more interesting like Oreki's sister or Chitanda's uncle(since we don't know if he's dead or not, he was only claimed as dead). Or maybe even bring in other former Classic Clubs members. Although I feel this series should get a season two.. I just don't know if it can come out as repetitive or just bad compared to the first season
Oct 22, 2017 11:47 PM
Oct 2017
There should be another season because the end was not that we expected.
Dec 14, 2017 5:33 AM
Jun 2016
Maybe you dont like this anime because you only like hentai lol
Dec 14, 2017 5:35 AM
Jun 2016
Me waiting the season 2!!!
Dec 23, 2017 7:29 AM
Feb 2009
just rewatched it and upped my rating to 10
it's too great, now i really need season 2
Dec 28, 2017 11:54 PM
Jun 2017
There are some people who did't able to grab little but impotant informations in Hyouka like.

1. In this whole Hyouka anime tomoe oriki's sister was master mind.

2. In movie mystery tomoe is the one who plot everything for his brother she is the one who was talking to irisu in her laptop. She ia the senpai she is talking to. She is the one who told irisu to ask hotorou to involve in this mystery.

3. Tomoe is the one who give hotouro that magazine and with the help of that magazine hotouro was able to crack the mystery .

4. Tomoe is the one who is responsible to oriki's laziness becouse she is so smart and intelligent that hotouro lost his will to do anything by watching his siater and that's the reason tomoe start to live far away from hotouro becouse she is feeling guilty.

5. And the past anthologys information tomoe is the one who give this information to oriki that were to find it.

6. And yeah i desperately wants a second season.

Some people just don't get Hyouka that's all.
DieotaDec 29, 2017 12:10 AM
Dec 30, 2017 1:25 AM
Feb 2009
Dragonballfanboy said:
There are some people who did't able to grab little but impotant informations in Hyouka like.

2. In movie mystery tomoe is the one who plot everything for his brother she is the one who was talking to irisu in her laptop. She ia the senpai she is talking to. She is the one who told irisu to ask hotorou to involve in this mystery.

3. Tomoe is the one who give hotouro that magazine and with the help of that magazine hotouro was able to crack the mystery .

4. Tomoe is the one who is responsible to oriki's laziness becouse she is so smart and intelligent that hotouro lost his will to do anything by watching his siater and that's the reason tomoe start to live far away from hotouro becouse she is feeling guilty.

5. And the past anthologys information tomoe is the one who give this information to oriki that were to find it.

I got all that and like the show despite it. The sisters just a plot device until there's a backstory. That's why I don't like her being the mastermind.
Jan 12, 2018 8:02 PM
Nov 2017
Well, S2 will come but we have to be patience.
The Novel jus got till 6th Volume (S1 is Volume 1-4) but I do encourage everyone of you to read the novel or maybe the fan TL novel for 5th and 6th volume
Well a mild spoiler but at that volume the answer why Oreki in this state "If I dont have to do it, I wont"
And the progress of Oreki - Chitanda relationship, romantically?? well find it by yourself
May 4, 2018 9:51 AM
Feb 2018
It deserves a season 2 due to its uniqueness as well as able to compete with other high school romance due to its awsm mystery and well as those guyz who r just saying no to this poll also wanted the 2nd season otherwise they won't have voted in the poll
May 9, 2018 10:12 PM

May 2012
Well, to me there are 2 more or less interesting arcs that weren't adapted so far, so why not?

But to be honest, I'm not that big of a fan of this series due to the characters, even though likeable, being mostly lackluster, and the mysteries fluctuating between okayish-dull. Except for Ibara's parts, who's imo got the best characterization (Novel), yet somehow doesn't have such a big fanbase, heh.
My Rereads | My Favorite Mangaka | Soylent Green

Buy stuff, or buy at least your favorites if you can afford it - Don't be lame.

D W-W&N 🤍

MAL is a far cry from being my main literature site, that's why I won't be doing mere single chapter updates anymore. Manga- aka Baka-Updates + 2 French ones are miles better and more thorough/complete + less restricting. The latter are perfectly suited for Manga/Light Novel/Books collectors such as myself. Less stressful/tiring this way. -g-
May 13, 2018 8:18 AM

Sep 2017
I really wish it gets a second season,since no other anime gives the same feeling as Hyouka! Also Chitanda and Oreki have some unfinished business.
May 14, 2018 6:28 PM
May 2018
This character is sucha fucking fag dude the fuck i wouldn't like another season of this shit.
May 14, 2018 6:29 PM
May 2018
This character is such fucking fag dude the fuck i wouldn't like another season of this shit.
May 17, 2018 6:36 PM
May 2018
it's been 84 years
May 18, 2018 9:45 AM
Feb 2009
Parthic said:
This character is such fucking fag dude the fuck i wouldn't like another season of this shit.

haha, what the heck. People like you still existed.
Don't tell me you are secretly gay too? That would complete the trope.
May 19, 2018 8:01 PM
Dec 2017
Or a movie? Tamako Market has Tamako Love Story.
Maybe we can have Hyouka Love Story xD
Nov 5, 2018 8:24 AM

Feb 2014
I just finished this anime. I did like it, I wasn’t head over heels for it but I liked it. I’d be down for a second season for sure, but here’s the thing...

Kyoto Animation seems to be a studio that is in a whole different league than most other studios. The vast majority of their shows have been major hits and they’ve racked in a lot of money. Their business model is very different now compared to other studios, like they have the buying power to buy their own IP like Violet Evergarden.

From what I’ve heard and seen, they seem to be done with adaptations of things they don’t own which totally sucks. I wish they’d go back and adapt more seasons of beloved shows like this and Haruhi, but I think they’ve moved on.
Nov 26, 2018 9:19 AM

Nov 2018
I only realised this was made about 2 years ago. Reaching 2019!

There are quite some episodes and yes, the ending is somehow lacking for me, their future is left unexplained and the story is just pretty much thrown at us and depends on our imagination to see where it will go from there. Anyway, it was good, especially with Chitanda's curious personality matching up with Oreki's laziness.

I have some thoughts with Loomy, I'd watch it if there's a 2nd season but I think they've moved on as well since it's been around 2 years.
Feb 28, 2019 4:53 PM
Feb 2019
Maybe not a whole second season, I feel like the ending closed it nicely. But and OVA or a movie could be cool
Mar 3, 2019 10:00 AM

Jul 2014
since the anime adapted 4 vol. only, there is still 2 vol. lefts on LN now, s2 is possible, but i doubtfully it will come soon, since using 2 vol. is just like 11-13 episode only, and will leave it on another cliffhanger again....
Mar 4, 2019 8:52 PM

May 2012
Why not? I did enjoy the marathon arc, where everything revolved around solving the mysterious "departure" of a former club member, much more than the material that got adapted.

Not to forget the manga club sidestory about, at least to me, the most interesting, fleshed out character in the whole series, Mayaka.

Yeah like mentioned last year, I'm not the biggest fan of the series, but the best stuff got left out in my opinion. So it'd be worth a single cour at least.
My Rereads | My Favorite Mangaka | Soylent Green

Buy stuff, or buy at least your favorites if you can afford it - Don't be lame.

D W-W&N 🤍

MAL is a far cry from being my main literature site, that's why I won't be doing mere single chapter updates anymore. Manga- aka Baka-Updates + 2 French ones are miles better and more thorough/complete + less restricting. The latter are perfectly suited for Manga/Light Novel/Books collectors such as myself. Less stressful/tiring this way. -g-
Mar 19, 2019 12:49 AM

Aug 2011
Personally, I could see a movie or an OVA centering around their final year of high school. More mysteries, interactions with other characters and relationship progression between the 4 main characters.

I want Mayaka to take a stance with Satoshi, as she clearly understands him. I would also like to see her choices after graduation. An outside interest would probably shake that guy up.

The dark side of Satoshi was a revelation, but it was perfectly inserted into the storyline and I felt it was excellent. To envy someone you also respect is more common than we think. I would love to have that issued resolved between the two friends; it seems Houtarou gets it, but Satoshi is still struggling.

To me, Chitanda and Houtarou are pretty solid; a second season, movie, OVA will probably reveal if Houtarou will make good on his unspoken invitation to handle Chitanda's business.

I gave this series a 10; how could I not? An exceptional slice of life anime with so much more potential.
Aug 17, 2019 6:21 AM

May 2018
if there is no Season 2. At least, give us some more OVA or movie.
Apr 21, 2020 1:06 PM

Dec 2016
I'll be waiting for Season 2 for my rest life.
Great Anime series 10/10!!!!
May 2, 2020 7:22 AM
Nov 2016
Dragonballfanboy said:

I realise those point after rewatch for the first time

And i still hope for next adaptation
Jan 17, 2021 11:52 AM
Aug 2020
MH93 said:
I'll be waiting for Season 2 for my rest life.
Great Anime series 10/10!!!!

Yeah my feeling is same ❤️
Jan 26, 2021 12:01 PM
Aug 2020
Why hasn't this masterpiece gotten a second season yet? Is the series not popular in Japan or something?
Feb 4, 2021 4:43 AM
Aug 2020
Like others, I think that a S2 would be dangerous. I loved the first season, except some episodes at the beginning (a whole episode to solve the mistery of why a teacher forgets to write the page -wtf) , and I don't want that good memory to be brushed away by an unpleasant 2nd season.
A movie or OVA would be great
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 5, 2012

186 by Dasfonia »»
Apr 16, 9:53 PM

» No romance here

KainiusTheGreat - Mar 10

25 by Margrave_Masane »»
Apr 13, 12:48 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - May 6, 2012

268 by Cammell »»
Apr 8, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veronin - Apr 22, 2012

491 by Prosper20 »»
Apr 5, 7:19 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 19, 2012

184 by dspr »»
Mar 3, 5:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.