Forum Settings
Forums

Do you think fan service hurts anime that are also trying to portray strong themes?

New
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 14, 2017 11:09 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
BlueBlack37 said:

While I do agree with almost everything you said I also think that fanservice can distract and should be used in the correct situation (which you probably also think).

The question is which situation is ok and which is not. I think most will agree that in a sad funeral scene there should be no panty shot.

And while sexual drive is natural our society has set up rules & norms, many of those are arbitrarily, some have a stronger purpose. People definitely care to much about potrayal of sexuality. Talking about what's perverse in a society is a pretty big topic, maybe for a whole new thread.

no i don't agree... i've never found ecchi distracting and i never will, ive always known anime had sexy shots and for me its always just been another part of anime, i grew up looking at sexy anime pictures and admiring the girls

when i first started becoming active on here, i started with a thread "how does ecchi take away from the plot?"... basically until last year, i had no idea what the whole "ecchi/plot" joke was about

this idea that its a distraction, kills immersion or used as a cheap way to get people to watch an anime was something i'd NEVER considered, to me anime was just a medium that happened to have boobs and ass

if theres ecchi during a funeral scene, then the anime was probably never trying to make you sad in the first place

society has told us that its not ok to be perverted, when we are all or at least the majority of us are... but hiding perversion does not make it go away

so many guys just don't admit how horny they are because of this, and especially girls, but when if you look at fan-fiction for example, girls much of the time are worse when it comes to dirty themes. we've come up with this dumb idea that we should be pure

part of the reason i constantly make perverted comments in every thread is just to get those shameful people to realize theres nothing to be afraid of, cause it doesn't mean theres something wrong with you

its just better to let people understand that they can't use perversion to cause problems. all making things taboo does is increase the problems that come with said thing

and as for the "well you can just watch hentai" people... well guess what, not everyone likes hentai, not everyone whos horny is always gonna be in the mood to watch people fuck or some other extreme content like that, some people actually like being teased

@Deknijff

never finished s2, cause back in 2009 i didn't have a MAL and didn't really have a way of keeping up with what episode i was on, so i just stopped lol
Mar 14, 2017 11:11 AM

Jun 2008
BlueBlack37 said:
Or are you just trying to say enjoyment > having a message? Because I agree on that one.

Yes.

My enjoyment is much more important than sending out a message.....especially from a cartoon.

I watch simply out of pure enjoyment.

And Since I utterly HATE these "Fan Service are killing the industry" threads....I'll remind people on here, that the industry NEEDS Fan Service to survive!

Thank you Japan.
Mar 14, 2017 11:13 AM

Oct 2013
EcchiLordMamster said:
@Deknijff
never finished s2, cause back in 2009 i didn't have a MAL and didn't really have a way of keeping up with what episode i was on, so i just stopped lol
thats a true shame then
but I feel you since I've done that with a lot of shows I've watched before getting MAL
Mar 14, 2017 11:21 AM

Jun 2008
Also.....it's not like ecchi fans watch nothing but ecchi...

Anyone is free to view my profile....currently, I'm only watching 2 ecchi anime (Kono Suba S2 and Maid Dragon)

And those anime aren't even heavily ecchi....they just have a few ecchi scenes here and there....

I watch whatever gains my interest....if by episode 3 I'm not interested, I'm gone.

So yeah....I'm an ecchi fan, but that's not the only thing I watch, nor is it even my "Go to anime"....
Mar 14, 2017 11:23 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Deknijff said:
EcchiLordMamster said:
@Deknijff
thats a true shame then
but I feel you since I've done that with a lot of shows I've watched before getting MAL

yea man, several times i've found gifs of anime i watched like 6-7+ years ago and been like: "WHEN WAS THIS???"

JustALEX said:
BlueBlack37 said:
Or are you just trying to say enjoyment > having a message? Because I agree on that one.

Yes.

My enjoyment is much more important than sending out a message.....especially from a cartoon.

I watch simply out of pure enjoyment.

And Since I utterly HATE these "Fan Service are killing the industry" threads....I'll remind people on here, that the industry NEEDS Fan Service to survive!

yea man, cartoons are entertainment, they do not NEED a message, no one should be comparing anime characters to real people, because theyre just not real people.... theyre fantasies from the minds of real people
Mar 14, 2017 11:27 AM

Dec 2016
@EcchiLordMamster I meant the funeral scene with ecchi can distract, otherwise it doesn't bother me too. However I'm more of an artwork & ecchi picture person, so I tend to watch shows that have a more serious tone. That might change once I watch more anime again, at the moment it's mostly reading. Generally I like division, have ecchi in an ecchi show and have action in an action show.

@JustALEX Man, I need to watch To Love-Ru, I adore everything about the manga & the two artbooks, but at the moment I'm more of a manga reader. That GIF is glorious.
Mar 14, 2017 11:31 AM

Jun 2008
BlueBlack37 said:
@JustALEX Man, I need to watch To Love-Ru, I adore everything about the manga & the two artbooks, but at the moment I'm more of a manga reader. That GIF is glorious.

Just make sure to watch the uncensored version.

The manga is still superior to the anime of course, but the anime did a great job in adapting the glorious lewd nature of TLR.

I of course highly recommend it.

Funny enough, I also have the two artbooks you're talking about.

TLR is not only the greatest ecchi series IMO....the art is amazing!
Mar 14, 2017 11:39 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
BlueBlack37 said:
@EcchiLordMamster I meant the funeral scene with ecchi can distract, otherwise it doesn't bother me too. However I'm more of an artwork & ecchi picture person, so I tend to watch shows that have a more serious tone. That might change once I watch more anime again, at the moment it's mostly reading. Generally I like division, have ecchi in an ecchi show and have action in an action show.

again, if an anime is doing that, then the fact that its a funeral scene probably doesn't matter... also, theres any number of scenes you could say would do the same thing

theres no such thing as an ecchi show, you do know that ecchi isn't a label for a type of anime in japan? yes, in japan it is acknowledged that some anime have lots of sexual fanservice, but its not this "separate genre" as people in the west like to act like

the problem is that in the west we like to act as though ass and tits are a big deal, so we feel the need to point out every time theyre shown, i don't see why then can't just be anywhere the author wants them to be, its their choice

now please name me a serious show that has fanservice at the wrong time.. and im talking about an actual serious show, not just a show with dark themes
Mar 14, 2017 11:53 AM

Dec 2016
JustALEX said:
BlueBlack37 said:

Just make sure to watch the uncensored version.

The manga is still superior to the anime of course, but the anime did a great job in adapting the glorious lewd nature of TLR.

I of course highly recommend it.

Funny enough, I also have the two artbooks you're talking about.

TLR is not only the greatest ecchi series IMO....the art is amazing!

Ok, thanks for recommending.

I'm still missing the second artbook, cause I can't drive to the customs office at the moment if it gets stuck there. Real pain -_-

And the art really is amazing, the artists just has a good understanding of anatomy, proportions and body positioning. Think he would also do a good job at drawing a non-ecchi manga (not that I would want that).

On-Topic: You could also compare fanservice to action in action movies or romance in Rom-Coms. Action usually is for guys and romance usually for girls. Now many of these movies just are there for pure enjoyment. But there are also those who have great artistic values and can combine this with the these enjoyment aspects.
Mar 14, 2017 11:57 AM

Jan 2012
If it is randomly included and/or misplaced or used excessively without cause then it will hurt any anime yeah.

If it is used in a way that makes sense and is integrated into the show's story at a time and place that works and isn't used excessively then it can make the anime and it's story better.
Mar 14, 2017 11:57 AM
Jul 2009
Most of the shows you listed in the OP aren't especially fan service heavy so our doesn't really matter.
The thing about art is that it should only contain elements that benefit its purpose. Anything that contradicts or distracts from the point of the work is a strike against it.
Obviously it's difficult to manage that and produce a marketable TV anime. I've never even heard of Koi Kaze so that tells me how well they succeeded there. Maybe not every single frame of Gurren Lagann and Evangelion contribute to their major themes, but the vast majority of the show is vital and each would be lacking if they were cut down. You can even watch their movie adaptations and see that for yourself .

Basically, if the fan service is very minor and/ or serves a purpose, then it won't interfere with the main themes.
FMA:B OUTDATED noot KIMI NO NA WA OVERRATED noot LONG HAVE WE WAITED noot PINGU IN THE CITY WAS CREATED noot
Mar 14, 2017 11:59 AM

Dec 2016
EcchiLordMamster said:
BlueBlack37 said:

again, if an anime is doing that, then the fact that its a funeral scene probably doesn't matter... also, theres any number of scenes you could say would do the same thing

theres no such thing as an ecchi show, you do know that ecchi isn't a label for a type of anime in japan? yes, in japan it is acknowledged that some anime have lots of sexual fanservice, but its not this "separate genre" as people in the west like to act like

the problem is that in the west we like to act as though ass and tits are a big deal, so we feel the need to point out every time theyre shown, i don't see why then can't just be anywhere the author wants them to be, its their choice

now please name me a serious show that has fanservice at the wrong time.. and im talking about an actual serious show, not just a show with dark themes

Well, I'm not sure if ecchi is considered a genre, me personally I would for example consider To Love-Ru an ''ecchi show'', even though the first series did have more comedy than the second.

And you got me there, right off the bat no show comes to mind. My memory is a bit rusted, if a show does come to mind later I'll post it here.
Mar 14, 2017 12:10 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
bbBM said:

The thing about art is that it should only contain elements that benefit its purpose. Anything that contradicts or distracts from the point of the work is a strike against it.

NO... JUST NO...

the thing about art is IT CAN BE MADE HOWEVER... THAT IS THE BEAUTY OF ART... is that it DOESN'T have rules

art is about freedom of expression, NOT following a guide book

an artist should be free to express themselves however they choose, not bow down to the ways that a few whiny people think they should

the world progressed to this point because there were people who were willing to go against the status quo... and thats how art should be

@BlueBlack37

people just need to realize that most anime aren't intended to be that serious, if you look at many types of media in japan, you'll find that they love to mix comedy with dark themes

even most godzilla movies have moments that are ment to make you laugh, smile, chuckle or say wtf?
Mar 14, 2017 12:18 PM
Jan 2017
If there´s a seperate non-story Beach Episode (whatever if in TV-Anime or as a OVA) I´m okay with that. But mixed with the main-story it´s sometimes really annoy me. As if there´s not enough Ecchi/Hentai Anime...
Mar 14, 2017 12:19 PM

Dec 2016
EcchiLordMamster said:

@BlueBlack37

people just need to realize that most anime aren't intended to be that serious, if you look at many types of media in japan, you'll find that they love to mix comedy with dark themes

even most godzilla movies have moments that are ment to make you laugh, smile, chuckle or say wtf?

Yes, I agree. I think why many people have this mindset is because many of the older anime that we got and were popular in the late 90s and 2000s were the ones that fit the western audience and are serious. Which is ok, if the western audience likes that stuff more they can watch it. But they also need to realize that there is a big side of anime that is light-hearted and fun.

I can enjoy both, the serious war portrayal in Gundam and cheerful cuteness of K-ON.
Mar 14, 2017 12:24 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
BlueBlack37 said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

@BlueBlack37

Yes, I agree. I think why many people have this mindset is because many of the older anime that we got and were popular in the late 90s and 2000s were the ones that fit the western audience and are serious. Which is ok, if the western audience likes that stuff more they can watch it. But they also need to realize that there is a big side of anime that is light-hearted and fun.

I can enjoy both, the serious war portrayal in Gundam and cheerful cuteness of K-ON.

i don't see though why people have this issue with them being mixed together

also many anime brought to the west were censored... we can't forget that many of those shows did have ecchi, it was just taken out

for example, many people who grew up watching sailormoon in the west probably didn't know how many pantyshots were in the japanese version

also, dragonball is very ecchi... but not the version they showed here on toonami...
Mar 14, 2017 12:25 PM

Jun 2008
BlueBlack37 said:
On-Topic: You could also compare fanservice to action in action movies or romance in Rom-Coms. Action usually is for guys and romance usually for girls. Now many of these movies just are there for pure enjoyment. But there are also those who have great artistic values and can combine this with the these enjoyment aspects.

Yes, this is a good comparison.

Now imagine if movie fans said "Action movies are ruining Hollywood" or some insane shit like that?

That's what we have to deal with with threads like this.

Pure nonsense.

If people don't like ecchi or fanservice....DON'T WATCH IT!

It's just that simple.
Mar 14, 2017 12:30 PM

Dec 2016
EcchiLordMamster said:
BlueBlack37 said:

i don't see though why people have this issue with them being mixed together

also many anime brought to the west were censored... we can't forget that many of those shows did have ecchi, it was just taken out

for example, many people who grew up watching sailormoon in the west probably didn't know how many pantyshots were in the japanese version

also, dragonball is very ecchi... but not the version they showed here on toonami...

Well, in my country they didn't censor too much. They only started censoring more when it was already like 2005 and people started using the internet more, didn't make any sense.

And good that you mentioned Dragonball, it always kinda bothered me how people heavily were against fanservice but adored everything about Dragonball, when in the first episodes Son-Goku takes Bulma's panties of and she shows her bottom to Roshi.

But then again many people only really watched Dragonball Z and not the original.
Mar 14, 2017 12:33 PM

Dec 2016
JustALEX said:
BlueBlack37 said:

Yes, this is a good comparison.

Now imagine if movie fans said "Action movies are ruining Hollywood" or some insane shit like that?

Actually movie fans did already say that :D (maybe not as often as the ecchi discussion)

It's the same / similar kind of game, only played at different parts of the world.
Mar 14, 2017 12:36 PM

Apr 2016
JustALEX said:
OP said:

I never asked you :c you don't have to be mean about it.

Dude you need to change your name....lol!

muhahahahahhaa never ^_^

On topic, no I don't.
Mar 14, 2017 12:39 PM
Jul 2009
EcchiLordMamster said:
bbBM said:

NO... JUST NO...

the thing about art is IT CAN BE MADE HOWEVER... THAT IS THE BEAUTY OF ART... is that it DOESN'T have rules

art is about freedom of expression, NOT following a guide book

an artist should be free to express themselves however they choose, not bow down to the ways that a few whiny people think they should

the world progressed to this point because there were people who were willing to go against the status quo... and thats how art should be

I didn't say that fan service shit is bad. Kill la Kill, Panty and Stocking, Keijo and a bunch of other shows would be nonsensical without some fan service.
What I said was only a really shitty writer would put fan service in a show that has no need for it.
FMA:B OUTDATED noot KIMI NO NA WA OVERRATED noot LONG HAVE WE WAITED noot PINGU IN THE CITY WAS CREATED noot
Mar 14, 2017 12:41 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
BlueBlack37 said:

Well, in my country they didn't censor too much. They only started censoring more when it was already like 2005 and people started using the internet more, didn't make any sense.

And good that you mentioned Dragonball, it always kinda bothered me how people heavily were against fanservice but adored everything about Dragonball, when in the first episodes Son-Goku takes Bulma's panties of and she shows her bottom to Roshi.

But then again many people only really watched Dragonball Z and not the original.

ecchi goes back to like the 60s, many people don't seem to realize that, i don't personally find any sort of significant increase in the amount of fanservice in anime from about the 80s till now, sure there may be more shows now that are oriented around that, but that just comes with the increase in anime

i love watching those old super obscure anime that no one remembers or even ever knew about... and watching them its easy to see where many of the fanservice tropes of today come from

the vast majority of people probably don't know that Keijo isn't the first butt attack anime and that Kissxsis was clearly influenced by an OVA from 1990

bbBM said:

I didn't say that fan service shit is bad. Kill la Kill, Panty and Stocking, Keijo and a bunch of other shows would be nonsensical without some fan service.
What I said was only a really shitty writer would put fan service in a show that has no need for it.

its the authors choice whether or not a show needs something

theres all sorts of elements a show can survive w/o... we humans can survive w/o junk food, but we eat it because its a good bonus, well "unnecessary fanservice" as you guys like to call it, is the exact same thing
EcchiGodMamsterMar 14, 2017 12:44 PM
Mar 14, 2017 12:52 PM
Jul 2009
EcchiLordMamster said:

bbBM said:

its the authors choice whether or not a show needs something

And sometimes they're wrong.
If a show has nine minutes of just a walk sequence, or eight episodes in a row that have the exact same plot, that's bad writing and the writer should feel like an idiot for putting that in the show.
Fam service is no different.
Mar 14, 2017 12:57 PM

Dec 2016
EcchiLordMamster said:
BlueBlack37 said:

ecchi goes back to like the 60s, many people don't seem to realize that, i don't personally find any sort of significant increase in the amount of fanservice in anime from about the 80s till now, sure there may be more shows now that are oriented around that, but that just comes with the increase in anime

i love watching those old super obscure anime that no one remembers or even ever knew about... and watching them its easy to see where many of the fanservice tropes of today come from

the vast majority of people probably don't know that Keijo isn't the first butt attack anime and that Kissxsis was clearly influenced by an OVA from 1990

Yea if you think about it the first Dragonball chapters were published in 1984. And moe already existed back then, the artstyle was just different.
Mar 14, 2017 1:00 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
bbBM said:

And sometimes they're wrong.
If a show has nine minutes of just a walk sequence, or eight episodes in a row that have the exact same plot, that's bad writing and the writer should feel like an idiot for putting that in the show.
Fam service is no different.

that is an issue with being extremely cliché or repetitive

but theres a difference between complaining that boob grab scenes are overused and complaining that you found a butt filling the screen at a particular moment was distracting

and one can definitely make a creative 8 min scene of someone walking, like if the creators know how to make the shots interesting, many of which may be fanservice

and don't know of a show where every episode is the same thing to the point where you seem to describe

regardless, its still freedom of expression, just because someone doesn't like it, doesn't mean its "wrong"
Mar 14, 2017 1:02 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
As I always say, it depends on the usage and if that usage of fan service has any meaning to the overall theme.
Mar 14, 2017 1:03 PM
Jul 2018
4/10 not enough ecchi gifs and pics in this thread, why is it that whenever there is a loli thread it gets spammed with loli pics (which I am glad it is) but ecchi thread are not?
Mar 14, 2017 1:07 PM

Jan 2016
Not really.... Well, this might just be coming from me starting my anime viewing experience with ecchi stuff and actually liking it but I do tend to not really notice the fanservicey part of a show but rather, I still focus on the big picture.
Mar 14, 2017 1:08 PM

Dec 2016
Darek said:
4/10 not enough ecchi gifs and pics in this thread, why is it that whenever there is a loli thread it gets spammed with loli pics (which I am glad it is) but ecchi thread are not?

Well, we don't want to scare the anti-ecchi people away, do we? :D That way there is no way to have a discussion.

But then again this thread already went off-topic to some degree...
Mar 14, 2017 1:17 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
BlueBlack37 said:
Well, we don't want to scare the anti-ecchi people away, do we? :D

Oh damn, you're right, that might actually work

Quickly, ecchi gif spam

Mar 14, 2017 1:21 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
AntwanMantilla said:
As I always say, it depends on the usage and if that usage of fan service has any meaning to the overall theme.

my penis does not care about the usage, and neither does any other guys, its cares about sexy

when people say "i only like fanservice if its contextual" well thats like saying "i can only get turned on by women at the beach, not where i work"

only liking fanservice if you think it "fits the scene/show" is not liking fanservice, thats liking context

BlueBlack37 said:

Yea if you think about it the first Dragonball chapters were published in 1984. And moe already existed back then, the artstyle was just different.

that it did... there was plenty of moe in the 80s

Doraemon from 1979 had loli pantsu

Darek said:

well theres no talk about "is OP a hidden pedophile" in a general ecchi thread

think about it, sure OP disappeared this time, which happens, but many of the times im sure they disappear from the loli threads cause they feel guilty if they get turned on, not that people don't by ecchi

should i do the honors and post images of "unnecessary fanservice"?
EcchiGodMamsterMar 14, 2017 1:25 PM
Mar 14, 2017 1:21 PM

Jul 2013
Darek said:
Well, you don't give me any other option.
(WARNING: has Senjougahara content)
Mar 14, 2017 1:27 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
@Manaban
@Illyricus

FUUUUUCCCKKKK

too bad i fapped several times yesterday :/

oh well, i'll save these gifs that i..... already have..... for later ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Mar 14, 2017 1:28 PM

Jul 2015
Sex sells, so the question is basically irrelevant, but you have to fit the right "service" for every series.
E.g. Sakurasou: the autism girl undressing all the time was funny and worked, because of her mental state, but the other animation girl's ecchi escapades were just annoying. So there is good and bad service, but fanservice per se is ok.
Mar 14, 2017 1:34 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Illyricus said:
Darek said:

"Monogatari is not an ecchi," some people say

Also, I suddenly feel a strong urge to slap that first Nadeko gif on my profile somewhere. I like it. I like it a lot.

Mar 14, 2017 1:34 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
EcchiLordMamster said:
AntwanMantilla said:

my penis does not care about the usage, and neither does any other guys, its cares about sexy

when people say "i only like fanservice if its contextual" well thats like saying "i can only get turned on by women at the beach, not where i work"

only liking fanservice if you think it "fits the scene/show" is not liking fanservice, thats liking context

Well I understand your examples but you wouldn't be able to take an otherwise serious show in a serious sense if they were to throw around sexual fanservice. Not many people are fine with it, for me it doesn't really matter as long as it's not all up in my face.
Mar 14, 2017 1:39 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
i've seen many people complain about this scene? FUCK THEM

look at that delicious bottom, think my penis cares where the scene was placed?

AntwanMantilla said:

Well I understand your examples but you wouldn't be able to take an otherwise serious show in a serious sense if they were to throw around sexual fanservice. Not many people are fine with it, for me it doesn't really matter as long as it's not all up in my face.

why are people trying to take a show that does that seriously in the first place?

WHAT? I THOUGHT WE WERE BROTHERS

YOU FUCKING TRAITOR >:O
Mar 14, 2017 1:45 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
EcchiLordMamster said:

Man, I ain't even gonna bother, you already know me nigga.

Besides not all shows that have a serious tone or story are bad unless they overdo it in one way or the other.
Mar 14, 2017 1:46 PM

Jul 2013
Manaban said:
Illyricus said:

"Monogatari is not an ecchi," some people say

Also, I suddenly feel a strong urge to slap that first Nadeko gif on my profile somewhere. I like it. I like it a lot.

Just do as whatever you want, mate..
Mar 14, 2017 1:48 PM

Oct 2013
@EcchiLordMamster just letting you know I'm saving this gif so thank you

sauce would be much appreciated btw if you have it

the answer is yes I am
Mar 14, 2017 1:50 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
AntwanMantilla said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

Man, I ain't even gonna bother, you already know me nigga.

Besides not all shows that have a serious tone or story are bad unless they overdo it in one way or the other.

the only thing a man needs to know if sexual content is done well is his penis

your penis does not care about sexual context, your conscious mind does

@Deknijff

https://myanimelist.net/anime/8888/Code_Geass__Boukoku_no_Akito_1_-_Yokuryuu_wa_Maiorita?q=AKITO

lol you're welcome, shit like that scene is better fap material than hentai for me

sorry :D

FUCK YES

i can't tell you how many anime i've watched because of a gif or fanservice in the PV
Mar 14, 2017 1:56 PM

Oct 2013
EcchiLordMamster said:
@Deknijff
https://myanimelist.net/anime/8888/Code_Geass__Boukoku_no_Akito_1_-_Yokuryuu_wa_Maiorita?q=AKITO
lol you're welcome, shit like that scene is better fap material than hentai for me
sorry :D

FUCK YES
i can't tell you how many anime i've watched because of a gif or fanservice in the PV
dont understand why you are saying sorry
but thanks for the sauce
should of assumed it was Code Geass related do to the face but its always good to be on the safe side
Mar 14, 2017 1:56 PM
Jul 2018
Illyricus said:
Darek said:

If there is at least one gahara pic then I am not even clicking that spoiler button.

EcchiLordMamster said:
should i do the honors and post images of "unnecessary fanservice"?

yes
Mar 14, 2017 1:58 PM

Feb 2015
I don't even know where to start... xD

OP knows how to bait the Ecchi Lords in MAL... xD
Mar 14, 2017 1:58 PM

May 2016
It depends: In kill la kill, Evangelion, Ghost in Shell, and FLCL (albeit very minor) the fanservice I did not mind much.

However, in Code Geass and certain other shows ( Monogatari series ), I felt the fanservice detracted from the main plot. In both though, the service didn't detract too much though from the plot.

A good example of fanservice being awful is Occultic;Nine. It completely ruined the entire anime.
Mar 14, 2017 2:03 PM
Aug 2016
Personally I find it a little immature, especially if its random and unnecessary in a situation.
Mar 14, 2017 2:08 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
@Deknijff

well most people tend to prefer doushinji or hentai and just like the comedic or contextual use of ecchi, fewer seem to actually touch themselves like me, although i really feel many just don't admit it

@Darek

i dun did the honors already

@HolyDeathMacabre

you fucking troll, you're only saying that because i posted ecchi gifs from those anime, the fanservice did NOTHING to those shows

don't act like you wouldn't suck those titties and don't act like you wouldn't eat Kallen's ass

Mar 14, 2017 2:13 PM

Oct 2013
EcchiLordMamster said:
@Deknijff
well most people tend to prefer doushinji or hentai and just like the comedic or contextual use of ecchi, fewer seem to actually touch themselves like me, although i really feel many just don't admit it
dont see why you need to say sorry for that
but don't worry you aren't alone when it comes to touching yourself
I was touching myself at random 5 minutes ago because I just felt like it
oh and also I prefer C.C's booty just saying
Mar 14, 2017 2:14 PM
Jul 2018
@EcchiLordMamster lol I must have missed them

Oi Kallen has an amazing ass. Too bad I am not alone in the room ;-;
Mar 14, 2017 2:17 PM
Jul 2018
Sometimes I wonder why the camera is positioned in a certain way, yes.

Does it distract me? I guess so.
There have been times when I had to pause the anime, because my mind was busy thinking why I had been staring at someone's crotch for the past 10 seconds, or something.

But in anime that's pretty much par for the course...
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Does seinen anime focus on other things besides ultra manliness?

fallout45 - Yesterday

44 by LostSpectre »»
1 minute ago

Poll: » Beach episode, hot spring episode or pool episode?

Absurdo_N - 9 hours ago

23 by SuperAdventure »»
12 minutes ago

» when introducing yourself to someone new how likely is "I watch anime" to get them interested in you?

Coldsp33d - Today

30 by Rinrinka »»
13 minutes ago

» What exactly are the perks of having waifu?

SgtBateMan - Today

36 by Toooooooooohru »»
15 minutes ago

» Are Risqué Anime Bad for the Industry?

Dragevard - 5 hours ago

16 by Dragevard »»
24 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.