Game v8: Between The Rock and the Sea | Game End - MAFIA WINS

New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (46) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 11, 2017 1:48 AM

Apr 2015
Grapefruit21 said:
Suzune-chan said:
Indeed, I thin kthat tonal reads will be very important this time. I know that I have trouble articulating those, but I will try to make them clear.

You many be corerct about the most common. When I played mafia on mal it was very common to have alignment changes. I digress, it is just speculation on my part and perhaps a tad of bias because I enjoy the challenge of that in bastard games.

Speculation is good. I really liked most of your post. Just thought the hey, we should throw out previous behaviour and completely reevaluate every day is a reasonably scummy thing to say. Even if there are alignment changes there won't be so many of them that behavioural analysis is useless.

Do agree on the tonal point though. Which sucks because they are hard to articulate.

I agree with this, you get pocketed too fast.
Mar 11, 2017 1:55 AM

Apr 2015
You know..

Vote: Kit
Mar 11, 2017 3:56 AM

Dec 2016
_Claire_ said:
Grapefruit21 said:

Speculation is good. I really liked most of your post. Just thought the hey, we should throw out previous behaviour and completely reevaluate every day is a reasonably scummy thing to say. Even if there are alignment changes there won't be so many of them that behavioural analysis is useless.

Do agree on the tonal point though. Which sucks because they are hard to articulate.

While true, what is the relevance to the game at hand and what you quoted? Also tunnels are a larger problem than pockets for me.
Mar 11, 2017 4:37 AM

Apr 2015
Grapefruit21 said:
_Claire_ said:

While true, what is the relevance to the game at hand and what you quoted? Also tunnels are a larger problem than pockets for me.

I was saying you should always reevaluate your first day Town-read. Also if you haven't realized right, from my previous 2 scum games, you always townread 70% of the scum-group. It can be inidicative that people who play scum are almost always playing very townish.
Mar 11, 2017 5:40 AM

Jun 2009
_Claire_ said:
Grapefruit21 said:

I was saying you should always reevaluate your first day Town-read. Also if you haven't realized right, from my previous 2 scum games, you always townread 70% of the scum-group. It can be inidicative that people who play scum are almost always playing very townish.
Indeed, playing too perfect of a town game is a scum tell. Townies do not overthink games the way scum do.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Mar 11, 2017 5:43 AM

Jun 2009
Grapefruit21 said:
_Claire_ said:

Pockets are a bigger concern for you. You both pocket and get pocket too easily. I think it stems from the fact you become very resolute that your reads are correct therefore scum can keep tabs on you and if they agree with you, you are more likely to town read them. Just my observation.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Mar 11, 2017 5:45 AM

Apr 2015
Suzune-chan said:
_Claire_ said:

Indeed, playing too perfect of a town game is a scum tell. Townies do not overthink games the way scum do.

I am hoping to get you as scum if you are :P You are indeed scary lol

But anyway I think we should set aside the bastard theory. Knowing shad, he likes to put weird stuffs in the game. I am not going to be surprised if there is framer. Actually I got this weird role when I was scum in his game (back then). It works like, I am an Illusionist. So I chose 2 people and their alignment will be what the other person is.

Example: A is town B is scum. I swapped them, so B appears as town, A as scum when investigated. It was such a good role as we managed to put the town into despair (plus sane and insane cop on play). So if Shad is doing the game it is almost guaranteed this role is in the game, or at least a Framer.
Mar 11, 2017 6:02 AM

Jun 2009
CP had a strong intro. Claire's was not strong and pings for scum because it is an insert into a conversation rather then the addition of new information.

Mar 11, 2017 6:07 AM

Jun 2009
The fact that there was a delay between my two posts makes them awkward. So Claire was new observations do you have to add.

Mar 11, 2017 6:10 AM

Apr 2015
Suzune-chan said:
CP had a strong intro. Claire's was not strong and pings for scum because it is an insert into a conversation rather then the addition of new information.

Strong intro, is it indicative alignment for you? Lol

Suzune-chan said:
The fact that there was a delay between my two posts makes them awkward. So Claire was new observations do you have to add.

Sorry?
Mar 11, 2017 6:17 AM

Jun 2009
No, but it shared new information and opened a conversation. While yours was a insert into a conversation without a push. Always interesting to see why people insert and how it affects the conversation because you can spot good changes there.

That was more of a me comment the second one. I got distracted between posts so some of the feeling was lost because of my delay.

Mar 11, 2017 6:21 AM

Apr 2015
Suzune-chan said:
No, but it shared new information and opened a conversation. While yours was a insert into a conversation without a push. Always interesting to see why people insert and how it affects the conversation because you can spot good changes there.

That was more of a me comment the second one. I got distracted between posts so some of the feeling was lost because of my delay.

Push, dont really want to push anything but looking at the activity I am a bit sad :') I used to be able to see 1000 posts in day 1 phase.
Mar 11, 2017 7:20 AM

Dec 2013
-shad- said:
Vote Count 1.1
✥ ✥ ✥ ✥ ✥

✂ Kit: logic340, Lamb
Suzune-chan: Rinto-kun
Shinichi-kun: Kaitou
JustKrista: Shinichi-kun
Oyasumi_Rosie: Kit
Lamb: Suzune-chan
Kaitou: Grapefruit21

Not Voting: Togs, Claire, grrr, JustKrista, CorruptedPurity, Gwendolly, Oyasumi_Rosie and Sonata

Mod Notes: This better?

TIME UNTIL NIGHT 1

much better thanks josh <3

Mar 11, 2017 7:22 AM

Dec 2013
Grapefruit21 said:
Shad that is much more legible.

I'm loving CorruptedPurity's feisty nature so far. Makes me want to give a really strong town read, but I didn't read the game we were in together and don't know if it's outside their scum range.

@CorruptedPurity was your fair enough reasons to my Suzune part or my Kaitou part? Pretty sure my latter is my best reasoned argument so far. Consider me on the Lam-b wagon in spirit as well!

But seriously corruptedpurity I think you are likely town 8 times out of ten with your entrance.

im gettng the same feelig i got from cp last game i just cant tell if it has mafia intention or town intention behind the words.

Mar 11, 2017 7:23 AM

Oct 2014
Oyasumi_Rosie said:
Shinichi-Kun said:

Im contemplating voting you just because u keep trying to force a reason on an obvious rvs vote.

But... I do it every game, regardless of alignment or reason... Does it bother you that much nii-san?

/edit spelling

This smells fishy. Trying to justify a behavior because you do it every game regardless of alignment smells like mafia to me.

Vote: Rosie

Personally, I think Suzu's post is town motivated, because she was looking for activity when there was none. The contents of it... well, seems a bit like paranoid thoughts and what ifs. She's a great player so I can't trust myself too much in this one, but I believe she's town.

Also sorry mates, was reinstalling windows and stuff on my laptop and then I fell asleep until now.
Mar 11, 2017 7:23 AM

Dec 2013
_Claire_ said:
Suzune-chan said:

Push, dont really want to push anything but looking at the activity I am a bit sad :') I used to be able to see 1000 posts in day 1 phase.

what does activity have to do with ur post?

Mar 11, 2017 7:25 AM

Oct 2014
Also, consider me in the Lamb wagon is spirit aswell!

_Claire_ said:
You know..

Why?
Mar 11, 2017 7:29 AM

Apr 2015
Shinichi-Kun said:
_Claire_ said:

What? I dont understand. I was just commenting at the activity.
Mar 11, 2017 7:29 AM

Apr 2015
Sonata said:

_Claire_ said:
You know..

Why?

I am interested in her, thats all.
Mar 11, 2017 7:35 AM

Dec 2013
no one can complain about being asked questions about their votes if they place on a train cause this early on its scummy unless u have legit reasons to push a train on said person.

Mar 11, 2017 7:37 AM

Dec 2013
Sonata said:
Oyasumi_Rosie said:

But... I do it every game, regardless of alignment or reason... Does it bother you that much nii-san?

/edit spelling

This smells fishy. Trying to justify a behavior because you do it every game regardless of alignment smells like mafia to me.

Personally, I think Suzu's post is town motivated, because she was looking for activity when there was none. The contents of it... well, seems a bit like paranoid thoughts and what ifs. She's a great player so I can't trust myself too much in this one, but I believe she's town.

Also sorry mates, was reinstalling windows and stuff on my laptop and then I fell asleep until now.

i tend to do the same thing tho, just not with a vote since its a powerful tool.

The experience i have of playing with suzune is that she is an amazing player with an even more amazing behavior analytic skill. Thats why as scum she is pretty scary and also why im always wary of her.

No biggie u still got anther like 26 hours

Mar 11, 2017 7:37 AM

Jun 2009
_Claire_ said:
Shinichi-Kun said:

You are also unwilling to push activity you said, just to bemoan the lack of it. Town does not benifit from lack of activity.

Mar 11, 2017 7:48 AM

Dec 2013
_Claire_ said:
Shinichi-Kun said:

yes but what does this do lol, its like ur trying to tell suzune she is scummy for forcing activity through her thought process

Mar 11, 2017 8:05 AM

Oct 2014
What they've said. I don't think it says anything good about you. Could at least give some reasoning to your vote instead of just joining the train and see what comes of it.
Mar 11, 2017 8:13 AM

Jun 2015
Catching up, atm.

From experience, regarding this whole mechanic discussion, it's something I refer as pseudo Pro-town action. Obviously, during the first day, there's barely going to be anything to talk about, so I see it as the easy way to earn brownie points. Scum are most likely to do it, though it isn't rare for town either, since yes, it does indeed spark discussion. But like someone said, it doesn't push the game forward either.
Mar 11, 2017 8:16 AM

Jun 2015
Regarding what to expected in bastard games, regardless of who is hosting, you should be ready to expect the worst. Alignment change isn't far fetched.
Mar 11, 2017 8:21 AM

Jan 2010
CorruptedPurity said:
logic340 said:

@CorruptedPurirty I think I agree with Grapefruit on the mechanics talk. I don't see it driving the game forward but it's NAI to me anyway since Suzune is very helpful as scum (we didn't get to play together in Hirugashi) not sure about when she is town. 4 games at once was an accident. Post count might be down but hopefully the quality will be there. You and Claire have both pocketed me as scum in recent games. I'll be watching you two and Suzune for the pocket.

I do agree with his mechanic talk and can understand why he would vote Suzu, however, I still do think that her attempt to make an informative post gives a town lean pass from me. Not a town read nor a confirm town but leaning towards town.

You on the other hand give me an awkward town lean. The very nature of your posts always seem town but that's the problem, I can't tell the difference if you're scum or town. Just wondering, have you played any games as mafia or TPR or are all your games town? By right, you should be leaning towards town for me, but since I can't read you that well, I will just neutral-read you for now.
I have never been scum or TPR, I have been town 10 times and I am currently in a few other games. I'm neutral on you and Suzune for now as you both have good scum games that come across very townie.

Suzune-chan said:
Grapefruit21 said:
Pockets are a bigger concern for you. You both pocket and get pocket too easily. I think it stems from the fact you become very resolute that your reads are correct therefore scum can keep tabs on you and if they agree with you, you are more likely to town read them. Just my observation.
Jackrito's words from NnT come to mind "town look scummier than scum". I find that a lot of us get pocketed easily as mafia have won the majority of the game I have played in so far.

Sonata said:

_Claire_ said:
You know..

Why?
Why are you also on the wagon in spirit?

Sonata said:
Oyasumi_Rosie said:

/edit spelling

Rosie generally looks scummy early so I need to see more before I can really go either way. You played a game with Suzu as mafia recently are her posts within the realm of what she can produce as mafia?

Suzune-chan said:
_Claire_ said:

You are also unwilling to push activity you said, just to bemoan the lack of it. Town does not benifit from lack of activity.
I agree town has never benefited from inactivity (Disgaea still stings). Rinto and I are here to nudge he inactives so lets hope the others who haven't posted will get it in gear here shortly.
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC

Mar 11, 2017 8:25 AM

Dec 2013
Kaitou said:
Regarding what to expected in bastard games, regardless of who is hosting, you should be ready to expect the worst. Alignment change isn't far fetched.

From you prob not but from shads game i cant picture it but im always wary.

Mar 11, 2017 8:27 AM

Jun 2015
Shinichi-Kun said:
Kaitou said:

Yeah, but Ruu is co-hosting so...
Mar 11, 2017 8:32 AM

Jan 2010
Shinichi-Kun said:
Kaitou said:

Spicy host meta? I just take things as they come. Hirugashi didn't have anything wild but I'm curious to see what real bastard elements are like?

@Kaitou and @Lam-b Since this is our first game together can you both tell me a little about your mafia experience?

Mar 11, 2017 8:35 AM

Jun 2015
Regarding Mafia, I don't have much experience with Lamb minus two games and another one I've hosted, but I did think that people were looking too much into it.

Grr is playing this too, who probably is more bonkers than Lamb regarding playstyle, imo. (From what I've seen.) I would probably take every he says with a grain of salt during the early stages of the game.
Mar 11, 2017 8:43 AM

Jun 2015
logic340 said:
Shinichi-Kun said:

Spicy host meta? I just take things as they come. Hirugashi didn't have anything wild but I'm curious to see what real bastard elements are like?

@Kaitou and @Lam-b Since this is our first game together can you both tell me a little about your mafia experience?

In Mafia Society or in general? I've only played two mafia games here and hosted one, so I'll respond to the latter. I've been playing the game for the past five years, with some breaks here and there. I haven't played a game in general since October since I decided to retire, but decided to give it another go cause of hosts.

Anyway, I find that I can do fairly decent regardless of alignment. :S
Mar 11, 2017 8:45 AM

Oct 2014
@logic340 he was the first vote for me. Don't like liars, and he's always confusing as heck to play with. Also, he confessed to be exe after all!!11!!
Mar 11, 2017 8:54 AM

Dec 2013
Kaitou said:
Shinichi-Kun said:

idk how she influenced the game tho lol

Mar 11, 2017 9:00 AM

Jun 2015
Shinichi-Kun said:
Kaitou said:

idk how she influenced the game tho lol

She loves bastard set-ups. Either way, should always expect the worst regarding of hosts, lel.
Mar 11, 2017 9:58 AM

Jan 2010
Sonata said:
@logic340 he was the first vote for me. Don't like liars, and he's always confusing as heck to play with. Also, he confessed to be exe after all!!11!!
The executioner post and your vote we before the game actually started. Now he did bring it up again in #35 but I see that more as a reaction test than a serious claim. Also in your experience was he lying as town or scum? If it's something he normally does as scum then cool by all means let that be your reason but if it's null or NAI then why is lying the reasoning behind your vote. Like if he lies as town would you still want him lynched? I don't mind playing with unorthodox players I thoroughly enjoy playing with Denja and his antics. Still it's something to keep an eye on as the game progresses.

Mar 11, 2017 10:02 AM

Oct 2014
logic340 said:
Sonata said:
The executioner post and your vote we before the game actually started. Now he did bring it up again in #35 but I see that more as a reaction test than a serious claim. Also in your experience was he lying as town or scum? If it's something he normally does as scum then cool by all means let that be your reason but if it's null or NAI then why is lying the reasoning behind your vote. Like if he lies as town would you still want him lynched? I don't mind playing with unorthodox players I thoroughly enjoy playing with Denja and his antics. Still it's something to keep an eye on as the game progresses.

Fair enough, but yeah it was more to see the reaction of people with my vote.
Mar 11, 2017 10:12 AM

Jan 2010
Kaitou said:
logic340 said:

In Mafia Society or in general? I've only played two mafia games here and hosted one, so I'll respond to the latter. I've been playing the game for the past five years, with some breaks here and there. I haven't played a game in general since October since I decided to retire, but decided to give it another go cause of hosts.

Anyway, I find that I can do fairly decent regardless of alignment. :S
I was just asking in general. I stared playing Halloween 2016 here is a link to my Blog mafia game history.

Mar 11, 2017 10:43 AM

Oct 2015
Vote Count 1.2
✥ ✥ ✥ ✥ ✥

✂ Kit: logic340, Lamb, Claire
Oyasumi_Rosie: Kit, Sonata
Suzune-chan: Rinto-kun
Shinichi-kun: Kaitou
JustKrista: Shinichi-kun
Lamb: Suzune-chan
Kaitou: Grapefruit21

Not Voting: Togs, grrr, JustKrista, CorruptedPurity, Gwendolly and Oyasumi_Rosie

Mod Notes: ^^

TIME UNTIL NIGHT 1

Thanks to vanitystar for making it
Mar 11, 2017 10:45 AM

Oct 2014
Great game. Most of the active people here are town-reads for me.
Poke the inactives, I need more info on those bastards.
@logic340 What do you think so far?

Mar 11, 2017 11:06 AM

Jan 2008
_Claire_ said:
Sonata said:

Why?

I am interested in her, thats all.
:3c

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . anime . manga . updates . ♫♪. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Mar 11, 2017 11:07 AM

Jan 2008
Kaitou said:
Catching up, atm.

From experience, regarding this whole mechanic discussion, it's something I refer as pseudo Pro-town action. Obviously, during the first day, there's barely going to be anything to talk about, so I see it as the easy way to earn brownie points. Scum are most likely to do it, though it isn't rare for town either, since yes, it does indeed spark discussion. But like someone said, it doesn't push the game forward either.
I kind of agree with this, cause in the past I've seen early mechanics discussion from scum too, even though it didn't look scummy at the time, in retrospect its clearly a way to "look like you're doing something" without commenting on the players/gamestate or moving the game forward. So suzu isn't really getting town points from me (but no scum points either)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . anime . manga . updates . ♫♪. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Mar 11, 2017 12:17 PM

Jan 2008
Vote: Logic

Too much off-topic banter & mechanics talk early on, not enough actual analyzing even tho he's trying to look involved by commenting on what others already said or referencing past games without saying much about the current game in respect to the experience he is bringing up. He does seem to have an opinion in 136 But I'd argue that talking about something from before roles were given out is pointless (though it's fair of him to ask sonata about it but i'm saying this post in particular doesn't need to come from town)

Actually quite a few people are talking quite a lot about mechanics :/ It's day 1 so that isn't even a priority right now.

Mar 11, 2017 12:19 PM

Oct 2013
kay, I'm here. Like I said I'm still all rusty and usually always clueless in how to get the game rolling. I wont concentrate on mechanics now (someone always has to be the first) and right now I dont see anything too suspicious too, besides that from my experience scum would just always hide and let the town talk until they unnecessarily shoot in each others feet. So yea I would like everyone to have a word in here. Because I would just totally vote the inactives lol

vote:grrr for example

What does NAI mean btw?
<3
Mar 11, 2017 12:20 PM

Jan 2008
Gwendolly said:
What does NAI mean btw?
Not Alignment Indicative

Mar 11, 2017 12:21 PM

Oct 2013
Kit said:
Gwendolly said:

Not that I'm protecting anyone here but he/she already placed a vote first thing. What do you think of Lambs statement? And everyone elses oppinion too? Lambo has too much of a crazy playstyle T^T
That was before the game started so I assume it did not count, also Lamb's claim was before roles were given out too. (sorry if someone said this already, catching up)

Do we know for sure tho, that roles werent given out before the game officially started. Because that's usually the case no?
<3
Mar 11, 2017 12:22 PM

Oct 2013
Kit said:
Gwendolly said:
What does NAI mean btw?
Not Alignment Indicative

kay thanks
<3
Mar 11, 2017 12:23 PM

Jun 2015
Gwendolly said:
Kit said:
That was before the game started so I assume it did not count, also Lamb's claim was before roles were given out too. (sorry if someone said this already, catching up)

Do we know for sure tho, that roles werent given out before the game officially started. Because that's usually the case no?

Game can't start without everyone getting thier roles, yeee
Mar 11, 2017 12:32 PM

Oct 2013
Kaitou said:
Gwendolly said:

Game can't start without everyone getting thier roles, yeee

Well, I mean the thread was already created, which must also mean giving away roles was in process. And maybe Lamby got it first while CP didnt recieved his yet. >.< I joined much later I can't prove it, maybe someone else? Oh well regardless it's still a troll move to claim first thing....so meh! Won't look much deeper into that..for now
<3
Mar 11, 2017 12:32 PM

Jun 2015
logic340 said:
I was just asking in general. I stared playing Halloween 2016 here is a link to my Blog mafia game history.

Cool. Looking forward to playing with you then.

Kit said:
I kind of agree with this, cause in the past I've seen early mechanics discussion from scum too, even though it didn't look scummy at the time, in retrospect its clearly a way to "look like you're doing something" without commenting on the players/gamestate or moving the game forward. So suzu isn't really getting town points from me (but no scum points either)

Right same with me. It's not something that would make me sus of someone but mechanics and role talk really really on always strike me as anti-town, regardless of how much the "contributing to the game" card is being pulled.

With that being said, I don't discourage it either because it people reply to it, you can get something out of them as well.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (46) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [GAME] (* ̄・ ̄)ノ Count to 30 Before a Slightly Inebriated Staff Member Posts! v4 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Togs - Jul 2, 2017

2866 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:07 AM

» [GAME] Last Letter Game ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

grave_robber - Sep 9, 2014

8750 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» Count To 7777 V3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lambtron - May 15, 2018

1159 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» [GAME] Say something about the person above you ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Jul 19, 2014

3810 by Zymf »»
Jun 19, 2023 2:43 PM

» [GAME] Truth or dare (ToD) 2.0 [Round 5] ( 1 2 )

Lambtron - Mar 12, 2019

92 by Zymf »»
Jun 18, 2023 12:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.