Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (26) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jan 11, 2017 5:20 PM

Jun 2010
i'd like to donate some banners :')

enjoy!
Jan 11, 2017 9:47 PM

Nov 2013
MRC_mod said:
Hanzeon said:
I don't think that the person that made challenge 32 is sane.

I need a recommendation for challenge 06 - Read a gekiga manga.

I wanted to make everyone suffer as much as I suffer. For gekiga, Abandon the Old in Tokyo would work.

@kitii7 just as @lady_freyja said, I would consider the narrator or the one whose point of view the story is done, so Ouran wouldn't really count.

Couldn't find MAL entry. Will it count anyway?

lubryka said:
@Hanzeon @MRC_mod
Challenge 32 is not that bad. At least, you know what to expect.

I need manga for "43. Read a manga that has a main character that is a professional in his field." Something at least 5 volumes long and preferably finished.

Even if you know it's going to be bad, you'll probably still won't like the manga. Still, it's not THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT bad, but it's kind of sadistic by the @MRC_mod part and masochist by the challenger's part.
Jan 11, 2017 10:02 PM

Mar 2013
is anyone doing card 002? i want to copy their list so i dont have to format
Jan 11, 2017 10:08 PM

Oct 2008
@AudioTsunami 002 quoting it should do the job

MRC_mod said:

@kitii7 just as @lady_freyja said, I would consider the narrator or the one whose point of view the story is done, so Ouran wouldn't really count.

@MRC_mod Thank you for clearing things up :)
Jan 11, 2017 11:39 PM
Jul 2018
AudioTsunami said:

Here you go, a Full Card.
Jan 12, 2017 1:13 AM

May 2014
Only things I'm planning on finishing/catching up with are

Kingdom
20th Century Boys
Jan 12, 2017 4:44 AM

Jan 2017
AudioTsunami said:

Wait until tomorrow and we'll have an excel file ready that automatized the whole process and will give you your final list with bbcode and everything. Or you can use the one that was given to you above.
2024 Manga Reading Challenge: Sign Up Discussion

2024 Anime Watching Challenge: Sign Up Discussion

Discord server for MRC/AWC
Jan 12, 2017 6:00 AM

Aug 2013
Hello, folks! I need a recommendation for the item 60, so if you could suggest me any manga I'd be very thankful. I'm open to anything, preferably already ended.
Jan 12, 2017 6:19 AM

Dec 2012
Hello, everyone. If I could get a manga recommendation for item 60, that would be appreciated. I would prefer anything as long as it over 5+ volumes and has already ended.
Jan 12, 2017 7:25 AM

Jan 2009
MRC_mod said:
Hanzeon said:
I don't think that the person that made challenge 32 is sane.

I need a recommendation for challenge 06 - Read a gekiga manga.

lubryka said:
@Hanzeon @MRC_mod
Challenge 32 is not that bad. At least, you know what to expect.

I need manga for "43. Read a manga that has a main character that is a professional in his field." Something at least 5 volumes long and preferably finished.

Even if you know it's going to be bad, you'll probably still won't like the manga. Still, it's not THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT bad, but it's kind of sadistic by the @MRC_mod part and masochist by the challenger's part.

It's still only one volume - most of the titles with the score below 6 are very short and I think I even saw some oneshots among them. The challenge is unpleasant but doable. And THIS is masochistic.
Jan 12, 2017 7:45 AM
Jul 2018
@Hanzeon @lubryka

Yeah, there is a tons of one-shot rated bellow 6, at least on the shōjo/josei side. And Zannen nagara Chigaimasu is a solid value; 15 pages, and definitely horrendous, to the point that some people manage to get enjoyment from it.
Jan 12, 2017 7:57 AM

Mar 2013
MRC_mod said:
AudioTsunami said:

Wait until tomorrow and we'll have an excel file ready that automatized the whole process and will give you your final list with bbcode and everything. Or you can use the one that was given to you above.

You're a gem, ty

also, shouts to the two that linked me the list.
Jan 12, 2017 9:09 AM

Nov 2013
lady_freyja said:
@Hanzeon @lubryka

Yeah, there is a tons of one-shot rated bellow 6, at least on the shōjo/josei side. And Zannen nagara Chigaimasu is a solid value; 15 pages, and definitely horrendous, to the point that some people manage to get enjoyment from it.

Thanks for the recommendation. Do you have any good gekiga manga to recommend? The one that @MRC_mod recommend didn't have an entry on MAL.
Jan 12, 2017 9:23 AM

Mar 2013
Hanzeon said:
lady_freyja said:
@Hanzeon @lubryka

Thanks for the recommendation. Do you have any good gekiga manga to recommend? The one that @MRC_mod recommend didn't have an entry on MAL.

Souin Gyokusai seyo!
Lady Snowblood
Jan 12, 2017 9:27 AM
Jul 2018
Hanzeon said:
Do you have any good gekiga manga to recommend? The one that @MRC_mod recommend didn't have an entry on MAL.

It's not on MAL, but it's on BU so it does count for the challenge.

Honestly, almost all the gekiga I read so far, I read physical copies, and most of them aren't scanlated anyway.
The only one I read online was Lady Snowblood. Which is, while still pretty enjoyable, is in my eyes the least good gekiga from Kamimura. But Kamimura usually did social chronicles, which I enjoy, while LS is an action gekiga (but still with a nice historical perspective), and I'm less receptive to that kind of works.

But, Kamimura is my second fav' author after Hagio and LS is his only work scanlated, so of course I would recommend it anyway. へへ
Especially if you liked the movie Kill Bill, that was inspired by Snowblood.

I'm not the good person to ask for gekiga, except if you're French with access to a library in order to loan them. へへ
Jan 12, 2017 9:56 AM

Jun 2010
shirokkuma said:
i'd like to donate some banners :')

enjoy!

i forgot to @ the mod. whoops! @MRC_mod
Jan 12, 2017 10:03 AM

Nov 2013
AudioTsunami said:

Souin Gyokusai seyo!
Lady Snowblood

lady_freyja said:

It's not on MAL, but it's on BU so it does count for the challenge.

Honestly, almost all the gekiga I read so far, I read physical copies, and most of them aren't scanlated anyway.
The only one I read online was Lady Snowblood. Which is, while still pretty enjoyable, is in my eyes the least good gekiga from Kamimura. But Kamimura usually did social chronicles, which I enjoy, while LS is an action gekiga (but still with a nice historical perspective), and I'm less receptive to that kind of works.

But, Kamimura is my second fav' author after Hagio and LS is his only work scanlated, so of course I would recommend it anyway. へへ
Especially if you liked the movie Kill Bill, that was inspired by Snowblood.

I'm not the good person to ask for gekiga, except if you're French with access to a library in order to loan them. へへ

Thank you both for the recommendation, I'll read Lady Snowblood soon. Also, unfortunately, I'm not French, I'm Brazilian, so it's even harder to have physical manga, since there aren't many publishers here (and the ones that we have, are actually worst than American scanlation, curse you, JBC)
Jan 12, 2017 11:03 AM

Dec 2010
Can someone recommend me a manga that is less than 100 chapters? No yaoi please.
Deliveries go here pls <3
Candy Kingdom
(∩^o^)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Jan 12, 2017 11:22 AM

Jul 2008
@afro80
You have Tsukasa Hojo's City Hunter on Plan to read, so how about trying F. Compo? It's completed in 102 chapters but so much fun and heart-warming. I hope you will enjoy ;)

@Enrico45
You seem to like a lot of detective/mystery series so maybe Shibatora?

@Hinaaa
Are you a fan of yuri manga too? :D
If that's the case, I'll give you one of my yuri favorite: Kimi Koi Limit. It's only 9 chapters long.

If anyone could give me a nice recommendation too I'd be thankful. I need a series with 5 volumes up that isn't already on the list thanks :)
-kirin-Jan 12, 2017 11:42 AM
Jan 12, 2017 11:43 AM

Aug 2014
Hello~ Can anyone recommend me a manga for #60? Anythings works, but if possible I'd like something historical/fantasy ( and it has already ended).
Jan 12, 2017 11:52 AM

Jul 2008
Jan 12, 2017 12:22 PM

Aug 2014

Thanks! But I have it on my "on hold" list so I don't know if I can use it... unless I re-start from the beginning?
Jan 12, 2017 12:27 PM
Jul 2018
gingermoon said:
Thanks! But I have it on my "on hold" list so I don't know if I can use it... unless I re-start from the beginning?

Yup, in that situation you must restart it from zero if you want to use it for the challenge.

In absolute, you can even re-read something you already read(completed) in the past. Although it's not really the point of that challenge, which is meant to "force" you to explore manga.
Jan 12, 2017 12:36 PM

Aug 2014
lady_freyja said:
Yup, in that situation you must restart it from zero if you want to use it for the challenge.

In absolute, you can even re-read something you already read(completed) in the past. Although it's not really the point of that challenge, which is meant to "force" you to explore manga.

Thanks! Then I'll just do that!
Jan 12, 2017 2:19 PM

Aug 2013
verdes said:
@afro80
You have Tsukasa Hojo's City Hunter on Plan to read, so how about trying F. Compo? It's completed in 102 chapters but so much fun and heart-warming. I hope you will enjoy ;)

If anyone could give me a nice recommendation too I'd be thankful. I need a series with 5 volumes up that isn't already on the list thanks :)

Thank you, I'll read it. I recommend to you to read Ansatsu Kyoushitsu, I think it's very funny and it gets pretty interesting when the plot needs to be that way. Also, if doesn't seem charming to you, Chobits is a romance story about if a person can fall in love with an artificial intelligence, though I don't like it as much as Ansatsu Kyoshitsu. I hope you like some of my purposes :)
Jan 12, 2017 2:31 PM

Dec 2012
@Verdes
Thank you for the recommendation. As for your recommendation I think maybe Cross Game which is a sports manga about baseball and has some romance elements in it, since you seem to like sports manga.
Jan 12, 2017 6:40 PM

Nov 2011
Anyone recommend a manga for the challenge #60? I'll gladly accept any genre except Yaoi. Thanks!
Jan 12, 2017 7:16 PM

Jan 2012
ino0987 said:
Anyone recommend a manga for the challenge #60? I'll gladly accept any genre except Yaoi. Thanks!

I've got a feeling that you'll like these:
Gunslinger Girl
School Rumble
Soul Eater
Jan 12, 2017 7:16 PM

Mar 2012
ino0987 said:
Maybe:

Mx0
Doubt
Claymore
666 Satan
Jan 12, 2017 11:58 PM

Nov 2011
CodingSession said:
I've got a feeling that you'll like these:
Gunslinger Girl
School Rumble
Soul Eater

yazio said:
Maybe:

Mx0
Doubt
Claymore
666 Satan

Thanks! Will try reading all of those
Jan 13, 2017 12:22 AM

Apr 2016
Coming in late, but this'll be my first year trying it. I want to get my MAL updated a lot, and I'll be rereading a few series.

Anyone have any recs for #60?

Similarly, anyone have any general recommendations for year 24 manga?

Reading up to current in an ongoing counts, right? Assuming the fact that it's ongoing doesn't ignore the conditions of the request, that is.

And a final question: Do doujin count if they're on MAL?
RomiressJan 13, 2017 12:58 AM
Jan 13, 2017 2:59 AM

Mar 2013
@romiress for 60:

Kakukaku Shikajika
Ran and the grey world
Lucifer and Biscuit hammer
Slam dunk

Year 24: I have not read either work but I've heard that Terra e... and Heart of Thomas are certified classics.

Not only do you need to catch up on ongoing but you must STAY caught up until you turn your challenge in.

I don't know doujin specific rules, but I know anything on MAL counts, and I know that in the case of webtoons(this is especially the case for korean categories) that linking to bakaupdates is totally acceptable.
Jan 13, 2017 4:01 AM

Jul 2008
@Enrico45
Thanks! I've wanted to read Cross Game, but I've tried Mitsuru Adachi's works before so I'm going with another mangaka this time.

@afro80
I'll read Ansatsu Kyoushitsu, thanks a lot! :)
Jan 13, 2017 4:08 AM

Jan 2017
@shirokkuma Thanks for your contribution! They have been added to the banners section of the post.

Jan 13, 2017 4:43 AM
Jul 2018
AudioTsunami said:
Year 24: I have not read either work but I've heard that Terra e... and Heart of Thomas are certified classics.

I concur. @Romiress, another "certified classic" would be Versailles no Bara.
There is other great works, but those 3 are the "big 3" for what is fully scanlated.

Because otherwise, Poe no Ichizoku, Kaze to Ki no Uta or Hi Izuru Tokoro no Tenshi are other examples of "certified classics", but sadly not fully scanlated.

And something of easy access would be 11-nin Iru!: short an compelling.

EDIT: oh Romiress, I see you choose Zankoku? Yup it's great, it's my fav' manga and it wasn't highly prized for nothing. But its subject is so touchy, it's a really heavy work and it's quite long, so if I recommend it to people who like dark/heavy/psychological stuffs, it's certainly not a "general recommendation". へへ’
But I hope you'll enjoy it. :)
removed-userJan 13, 2017 5:01 AM
Jan 13, 2017 4:44 AM

Oct 2011
Hey guys,

Can someone recommend me a manga? I like the most seinen and psychological genre :)
And I'd prefer an completed manga.

Jan 13, 2017 6:09 AM
Jan 13, 2017 6:17 AM

Oct 2011
@HeNrYTG50 Thanks! They all seem really good :D
Jan 13, 2017 7:26 AM

Apr 2009
I have a question about the prodigious title for the challenge - is there a series that fits this but has more than 5 volumes?
25. Read a manga that started publishing last year:

Additionally, I'm looking for suggestions for item # 60 :)
Jan 13, 2017 8:37 AM

Sep 2015
I need a manga raccomandetion for task 60) "Read a manga recommended to you by another Manga Reading Challenge participant in the discussion thread"
here's my manga list https://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Dakenfromvault1

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 13, 2017 8:50 AM

Jun 2010
RulenneClarissa said:

Dakenfromvault1 said:
I need a manga raccomandetion for task 60) "Read a manga recommended to you by another Manga Reading Challenge participant in the discussion thread"

Claymore for the both of you B) It seems long but there's a lot of fighting panels so it won't feel so long.

If it's still too long, then here's a shorter alternative: Pluto! A manga based off an arc from Astro Boy :^)
Jan 13, 2017 8:51 AM

Apr 2016
AudioTsunami said:
@romiress for 60:

Kakukaku Shikajika
Ran and the grey world
Lucifer and Biscuit hammer
Slam dunk

Not only do you need to catch up on ongoing but you must STAY caught up until you turn your challenge in.

I don't know doujin specific rules, but I know anything on MAL counts, and I know that in the case of webtoons(this is especially the case for korean categories) that linking to bakaupdates is totally acceptable.

Thanks, added all three and I'll definitely grab one of them.

lady_freyja said:
AudioTsunami said:

I concur. @Romiress, another "certified classic" would be Versailles no Bara.
There is other great works, but those 3 are the "big 3" for what is fully scanlated.

Because otherwise, Poe no Ichizoku, Kaze to Ki no Uta or Hi Izuru Tokoro no Tenshi are other examples of "certified classics", but sadly not fully scanlated.

And something of easy access would be 11-nin Iru!: short an compelling.

EDIT: oh Romiress, I see you choose Zankoku? Yup it's great, it's my fav' manga and it wasn't highly prized for nothing. But its subject is so touchy, it's a really heavy work and it's quite long, so if I recommend it to people who like dark/heavy/psychological stuffs, it's certainly not a "general recommendation". へへ’
But I hope you'll enjoy it. :)

I am definitely into the psychological stuff, but I'm not sure if I'll grab it! At this point I'm throwing recommended things onto my plan to read to check over more closely. Terra e... and Versailles no Bara both look interesting to me!

RulenneClarissa said:
I have a question about the prodigious title for the challenge - is there a series that fits this but has more than 5 volumes?
25. Read a manga that started publishing last year:

There is not, so it should probably be exempt.

It's rather long, but you should consider reading Nana or Cardcaptor Sakura.

Dakenfromvault1 said:

You seem to like Berserk, so definitely Vinland Saga.
Jan 13, 2017 10:18 AM
Aug 2013
Uh, could someone please help me with #11 ? Thanks.
Jan 13, 2017 10:56 AM

Apr 2016
Conde_Mohr said:
Two days ago (or was it yesterday?), I did an Excel to help myself with the Anime Watching Challenge and, since I think it turned up pretty useful, I offered @AWC_mod to share it. After seing that it was ok, they asked me to adapt it for the Manga Reading Challenge and post it here to see if @MRC_mod thinks the same way.

I wrote a complete pdf guide (which is only a page and a half, images included) to explain everything. It's made for the AWC, but the MRC sheets work exactly the same way, so there should be no confusion. I'll also post a quick use guide here if you don't feel like opening it.

With this Excel you'll be able to easily keep track of both your Anime and Manga Challenges, as well as semi-automatically write your posts for the challenge list.

Here's the link to the Excel file.

If you have some doubts about how to use it, you found something which could be improved/added (or you did it yourself), or want to give feedback of some kind, feel free to mention me in this thread. If someone is crazy enough to send me an Excel sheet with all the bingo cards available, I could be crazy enough to automatise the process.

Changelog:

Any chance of this being reuploaded? Looks like it's down for me.
Jan 13, 2017 11:04 AM
Pecadorrr

Oct 2014
Romiress said:
Conde_Mohr said:
Two days ago (or was it yesterday?), I did an Excel to help myself with the Anime Watching Challenge and, since I think it turned up pretty useful, I offered @AWC_mod to share it. After seing that it was ok, they asked me to adapt it for the Manga Reading Challenge and post it here to see if @MRC_mod thinks the same way.

I wrote a complete pdf guide (which is only a page and a half, images included) to explain everything. It's made for the AWC, but the MRC sheets work exactly the same way, so there should be no confusion. I'll also post a quick use guide here if you don't feel like opening it.

With this Excel you'll be able to easily keep track of both your Anime and Manga Challenges, as well as semi-automatically write your posts for the challenge list.

Here's the link to the Excel file.

If you have some doubts about how to use it, you found something which could be improved/added (or you did it yourself), or want to give feedback of some kind, feel free to mention me in this thread. If someone is crazy enough to send me an Excel sheet with all the bingo cards available, I could be crazy enough to automatise the process.

Changelog:

Any chance of this being reuploaded? Looks like it's down for me.

There is a major update and hopefully final version of both pdf and excel file ready and waiting to be uploaded. In the final stages of the update, I accidentally deleted the link of the old one, so it's not available at this time. You should have the new version available soon (not Soon™, I mean it).

EDIT: You can already find it in the AWC thread, under the How to Play section.

Jan 13, 2017 11:28 AM

Apr 2016
Conde_Mohr said:
EDIT: You can already find it in the AWC thread, under the How to Play section.

Thanks a ton, this looks great!
Jan 13, 2017 12:26 PM

Apr 2009
shirokkuma said:
Claymore for the both of you B) It seems long but there's a lot of fighting panels so it won't feel so long.

If it's still too long, then here's a shorter alternative: Pluto! A manga based off an arc from Astro Boy :^)
Romiress said:
There is not, so it should probably be exempt.

It's rather long, but you should consider reading Nana or Cardcaptor Sakura.
Thanks for the recs you wonderful people! I'll look into these :^)
Jan 13, 2017 3:56 PM

Apr 2016
@Conde_Mohr

Weird bug that popped up. If I put my bingo number in as 67, it overwrites No. 66 on the Bingo Card (Manga) page.

My card is 118, if it helps, and I'm going for a full card.
Jan 13, 2017 4:30 PM

Jan 2017
@RulenneClarissa @Romiress Good catch, I'll include that as exempt from the title.

Also @Romiress would you mind being more specific with the bug? When you say you "put my bingo number in as 67, it overwrites No. 66 on the Bingo Card (Manga) page" do you mean you're manually using 67 as your free item or something else? I'm not sure I understand the issue and @Conde_Mohr may not either. Sorry for the bother!

@JonStark Any preference in terms of length or genre? I'm guessing you're asking for a recommendation that could fit this item. Spiral: Suiri no Kizuna, Death Note and Bakuman would work, but they're kind of long, if you want something shorter, let me know.

Jan 13, 2017 4:38 PM

Apr 2016
MRC_mod said:
Also @Romiress would you mind being more specific with the bug? When you say you "put my bingo number in as 67, it overwrites No. 66 on the Bingo Card (Manga) page" do you mean you're manually using 67 as your free item or something else? I'm not sure I understand the issue and @Count_Mohr may not either. Sorry for the bother!

Sorry, I'm not super familiar with the way the spreadsheet works so I'm having a hard time explaining it.

In general terms, you fill out the free space challenge on the pink square of your bingo card. When I put in, say, #48, the first listing on the same page changes to read '48 Free: Read a manga about food, music, or art'.

When I fill in the pink square as 67, the first listing changes (correctly) to '67 Free: Read a manga that starts with the same second letter of your username'. However, farther down the list, where it previously listed out 65-66-69, it now lists out 65-67-69. My listing for 66 is overwritten by a second listing for 67.

Hopefully that clarifies things a bit.

In more general terms, I'd love come recommendations for 02 (short story collection), 44 (related to Japanese culture), and 49 (Folklore or Mythology) if anyone has any suggestions.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (26) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Manga like Return of Frozen Player - Beastman Army

KeIIion - 8 minutes ago

0 by KeIIion »»
8 minutes ago

» Your favorite/best manga.

GoldenCash - Oct 6

16 by The_Kingmaker »»
29 minutes ago

» My Manga Trends Help

Vamp_Lord - 3 hours ago

0 by Vamp_Lord »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Do You Listen to Music While Reading Manga?

ScaryOwl - Sep 24

28 by chu__jiingyuan »»
4 hours ago

» What's a manga you love, but don't like the art of--and/or one you hated, but love the art?

HaruHaruMon - 6 hours ago

0 by HaruHaruMon »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.