Basic Mafia v4: Haruhi Suzumiya Mafia | Game Over - Mafia and Third Party Win

New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (56) « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 21 » ... Last »
Jan 2, 2017 1:21 PM

Mar 2012
@Kit: Why shouldn't I have claimed?
Count to 30 -victories:

Up to 30: 19 wins | Up to 60: 2 wins | Up to 90: 3 win | Up to 120: 1 win | Up to 150: 1 win | Up to 180:
0 wins | Up to 210: 1 win
Jan 2, 2017 1:23 PM

Aug 2013
Why are people still pinging Bursama for information. He has already stayed that he he had no interest in defending himself or sharing ideas. Wouldn't our time be better spent questioning others to male sure he has the strongest scum read of us all?

Jan 2, 2017 1:25 PM

Jan 2008
Bursama said:
@Kit: Why shouldn't I have claimed?
because no one asked you to, because it makes it easier for scum to hunt power roles by eliminating who has claimed vanilla (in the event that you live), because the rules say not to determine alignments from flavor so claiming your flavor is misleading/distracting

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . anime . manga . updates . ♫♪. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jan 2, 2017 1:26 PM

Jul 2013
food for though, bur is town. who should we lynch instead?
Jan 2, 2017 1:30 PM

Jan 2008
Oyasumi_Rosie said:
Why are people still pinging Bursama for information. He has already stayed that he he had no interest in defending himself or sharing ideas. Wouldn't our time be better spent questioning others to male sure he has the strongest scum read of us all?
I'm responding to multiple people as I catch up. I had a question for Bursama, so I asked it

Soren said:
I'm feeling Lucian because he seems to contradict himself often. But I'm not sure.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . anime . manga . updates . ♫♪. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jan 2, 2017 1:31 PM

Jul 2013
Kit said:
Oyasumi_Rosie said:
I'm responding to multiple people as I catch up. I had a question for Bursama, so I asked it

Soren said:
I'm feeling Lucian because he seems to contradict himself often. But I'm not sure.
ive got some eerie suspicions of lucian too but havent voiced them yet cause its nothing concrete
Jan 2, 2017 1:33 PM

Mar 2012
@Kit: I don't know if you have this tendency of not claiming even when you are about to get lynched, but where I come from we usually claim at L-2. (Okay, I claimed bit earlier than I should've, since I claimed at L-3, but I doubt that it really would've mattered).

And when you claim, you claim everything.

(And besides, how's claiming my flavour along with everything else misleading/distracting? It's NAI at best.)

@Soren: Why am I town to you?
Count to 30 -victories:

Up to 30: 19 wins | Up to 60: 2 wins | Up to 90: 3 win | Up to 120: 1 win | Up to 150: 1 win | Up to 180:
Jan 2, 2017 1:34 PM

Jul 2013
Bursama said:
quite obvious
Jan 2, 2017 1:36 PM

Jan 2008
Bursama said:
@Kit: I don't know if you have this tendency of not claiming even when you are about to get lynched, but where I come from we usually claim at L-2. (Okay, I claimed bit earlier than I should've, since I claimed at L-3, but I doubt that it really would've mattered).

And when you claim, you claim everything.

(And besides, how's claiming my flavour along with everything else misleading/distracting? It's NAI at best.)

Were you really at L-2 at the time? I wasn't keeping up, sorry. (edit: and apparently i didn't even read your whole post. ok you were at L-3) I've never been leading in votes before, so the only time I've claimed was when I had cop checks, and when my role was discovered without me claiming. I'm also not used to playing in games with hammers so it felt really early to me, especially when no one asked you to claim.

Jan 2, 2017 1:37 PM

Jul 2013
Gruffin said:
Answer my questions Soren.
the ones in your #198?
1. to answer that question i need to know why you want to post higher quality posts
2. trying to convince you that logic is town is pointless when i thought you were scum, only town needs a lecture to make them re-consider their reads
3. it being opportunistic doesnt mean you didnt have your reasons
Jan 2, 2017 1:37 PM

Mar 2012
Soren said:
Bursama said:
quite obvious

I want something more define than this.
Count to 30 -victories:

Jan 2, 2017 1:38 PM

Jul 2013
Bursama said:
Soren said:
quite obvious

why, you're getting lynched anyways
Jan 2, 2017 1:40 PM
Jul 2018
Gruffin said:
@Lord_Sithis Thoughts on Phraze's read on you?
Mudflinging eh? Phraze voted for me on Day 1, and now he says I'm mudflinging. She has not explained this, when Gruffin asked her she never explained it.
Jan 2, 2017 1:46 PM

Aug 2013
Soren said:
Bursama said:

why, you're getting lynched anyways

Share for the living then

Jan 2, 2017 1:48 PM

Jul 2013
i'll tell when bur responds
Jan 2, 2017 1:50 PM

Mar 2012
Soren said:
i'll tell when bur responds

Unless you meant something else than #912, I don't have really anything.
Count to 30 -victories:

Jan 2, 2017 1:51 PM

Nov 2015
🌟 Vote Count 2.3 (Unchanged) 🌟

Bursama (6): Gruffin, logic340, Grapefruit21, Kit, Sonata, Bursama [L-1]
Kit (1): Oyasumi_Rosie

Not Voting (6): Phraze, aa-dono, Soren, Lord_Sithis, PentaFlare, LucianRoy

With 13 alive, it’s 7 players to majority lynch.
If a majority lynch is not achieved by the deadline, the player with the most votes will be lynched instead.

>>Day 2 Timer<<
Jan 2, 2017 1:51 PM

Jan 2010
Bursama said:
@logic340 Was there something you wanted me to say, or did you just ping me for fun? (#887)

@pentaflare Nope. I said it earlier and I'm saying it now: Not going to defend myself, since there's not really anything I can say. My reads are more or less (in order of towniness):

logic/Lucian >> Soren>Rest

Why do my reads matter to you?
I'm not understanding what you mean. I tagged you because it's your behavior I'm talking about in my post.it's not about what I want mafia isn't about you appeasing me or vice versa for me it's about working together to accomplish our shared win condition. The way you have shut down, claimed with no provocation, and have resigned yourself to your fate. This feels too much like D1 EoD and we're just past halfway through this phase. You were all for an informative flip yesterday do you feel that way about your own flip?
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC

Jan 2, 2017 1:52 PM

Aug 2014
LucianRoy said:
PentaFlare said:
Also, I would like to place a theoretical vote on @burnsama. I'm not hammering yet, but consider this a trial. I'm giving you a chance to defend yourself. I would like this to include the person you find the most scummy out of everyone alive.

It's called "intent to hammer."

^ That thing. I was blanking on my terminology.
Be like this seal. It is a happy seal.
~Review Guidelines~ | ~Recommendation Guidelines~ | ~Mafia Society~
Jan 2, 2017 1:55 PM

Jan 2008
PentaFlare said:
Gruffin said:
But isn't Jester commonly considered a bastard role? This is a basic game.

I think a jester in this set-up is very very unlikely. I wouldn't be surprised to see a vengeful of either alignment
Oh huh that could make sense, more than Jester anyway. You think that kind of role could be in basic? I always forget about roles I've never encountered before. Why would he claim vanilla, then?

Jan 2, 2017 1:55 PM

Aug 2014
Bursama said:
@logic340 Was there something you wanted me to say, or did you just ping me for fun? (#887)

@pentaflare Nope. I said it earlier and I'm saying it now: Not going to defend myself, since there's not really anything I can say. My reads are more or less (in order of towniness):

If you don't provide reads it isn't possible to solve the game. If you are town you would have reads so you can solve the game and catch scum. If you were town and we were about to lynch you, even if you have given up, you could at least provide some scum reads to give an idea of who you suspect to help your fellow townies. The only people who wouldn't give reads in this situation is a scum would didn't want to give hints about who their scummates might be.
Jan 2, 2017 1:58 PM

Mar 2012
logic340 said:
Bursama said:

I'm not understanding what you mean. I tagged you because it's your behavior I'm talking about in my post.it's not about what I want mafia isn't about you appeasing me or vice versa for me it's about working together to accomplish our shared win condition. The way you have shut down, claimed with no provocation, and have resigned yourself to your fate. This feels too much like D1 EoD and we're just past halfway through this phase.

Ok.
You were all for an informative flip yesterday do you feel that way about your own flip?

Yes.
Count to 30 -victories:

Jan 2, 2017 1:59 PM

Aug 2014
Kit said:
PentaFlare said:

I think a jester in this set-up is very very unlikely. I wouldn't be surprised to see a vengeful of either alignment
Oh huh that could make sense, more than Jester anyway. You think that kind of role could be in basic? I always forget about roles I've never encountered before. Why would he claim vanilla, then?

Claiming vanilla as scum vengeful makes sense, claiming vanilla as town vengeful doesn't seem like the best idea, but I can see why someone might try that.
Jan 2, 2017 2:01 PM

Mar 2012
PentaFlare said:
Bursama said:

If you don't provide reads it isn't possible to solve the game. If you are town you would have reads so you can solve the game and catch scum. If you were town and we were about to lynch you, even if you have given up, you could at least provide some scum reads to give an idea of who you suspect to help your fellow townies. The only people who wouldn't give reads in this situation is a scum would didn't want to give hints about who their scummates might be.

Since when has lynched town's reads have mattered?
(Protip: They have never.)
Count to 30 -victories:

Jan 2, 2017 2:03 PM

Jul 2013
can we lynch someone else, bur is town
we do not like his behaviour atm but not for the reason that its scum motivated

Oct 2014
Unvote. Vote: Soren

Jan 2010
Bursama said:
logic340 said:
I'm not understanding what you mean. I tagged you because it's your behavior I'm talking about in my post.it's not about what I want mafia isn't about you appeasing me or vice versa for me it's about working together to accomplish our shared win condition. The way you have shut down, claimed with no provocation, and have resigned yourself to your fate. This feels too much like D1 EoD and we're just past halfway through this phase.

Ok.
You were all for an informative flip yesterday do you feel that way about your own flip?

Yes.
I guess I will have to take you at your word.

Jan 2, 2017 2:04 PM

Aug 2014
Bursama said:
PentaFlare said:

Of course they matter. If you flip town, looking back on your reads and your thought process can give insight into other players. You are hiding all that from us. As I've said, the only people who want to keep information about other players from town is mafia.
Jan 2, 2017 2:05 PM

Aug 2014
Soren said:

It sure is scum motivated. There is no other reason to hide your reads when you are about to be lynched.

Jul 2013
Sonata said:
Unvote. Vote: Soren
when i said someone else i didnt mean me

Jan 2010
Soren said:
Do you have a better suggestion, even if it's just a pressure vote? I don't necessarily feel right about my vote right now as I wanted to pressure and see where things lead but this was beyond my expectations.

Jan 2, 2017 2:06 PM

Jul 2013
PentaFlare said:
Soren said:

It sure is scum motivated. There is no other reason to hide your reads when you are about to be lynched.
he's not hiding
he gave his town reads in his #900 and have expressed that he has no scum reads
how is that hiding?
Jan 2, 2017 2:06 PM

Jan 2008
Sonata said:
Besides, I think everyone can look at vote counts from day 1 and put the pieces together aswell, it's not like I'm the only one who can do that. If I remember correctly, the train on 0x40 was started by Soren, logic340 (who had the train on himself previously) and Bursama in that order, with Kit being an RVS vote or something. I'm not claiming to be a great player or something, but I find it quite obvious with that and the fact that Soren has only defended one single player this game (Bursama) from being attacked with questioning about her actions and didn't defend 0x40 when he was under attack from doing the same thing.

It's just my gut, I'm not unhappy with a Bursama lynch, so move on with the discussion and maybe I'll change my opinion if I see something unusual.
Just want to correct you here, my RVS vote was on Bursama, then i switched my vote to 40 with a case against him. Bursama was the first to point out 40's scumminess, but didn't include a vote early on. So the votes were more like (Kit, Soren, Logic, Bursama) but the pointing of suspicion was more like (Bursama, Kit, Soren)

Jan 2, 2017 2:07 PM

Jul 2013
logic340 said:
Soren said:
Do you have a better suggestion, even if it's just a pressure vote? I don't necessarily feel right about my vote right now as I wanted to pressure and see where things lead but this was beyond my expectations.
yee
vote: lucnaory
Jan 2, 2017 2:07 PM

Jul 2013
oh the typo is strong in that one
Vote: lucianroy
Jan 2, 2017 2:09 PM

Mar 2012
PentaFlare said:
Bursama said:

Of course they matter. If you flip town, looking back on your reads and your thought process can give insight into other players. You are hiding all that from us. As I've said, the only people who want to keep information about other players from town is mafia.

And that has happened exactly when?

How does my thought progress tell something about living players? You don't need to try to figure out my alignment at that point since I'm dead, so you can trust me reads, but... I can equally be wrong about everything or correct about everything.

So tell me, how does dead town's reads help town to catch scum?
Count to 30 -victories:

Aug 2014
Soren said:
PentaFlare said:

he's not hiding
how is that hiding?

Because I do not believe that Bursama only has opinions on three players. They are hiding what they think about other players. It sounds like the usual tactic for a mafia who was caught by a check by a confirmed cop. If they are done anyway, don't give any hints as to who your teammates might be.

Oct 2014
Kit said:
Sonata said:
Besides, I think everyone can look at vote counts from day 1 and put the pieces together aswell, it's not like I'm the only one who can do that. If I remember correctly, the train on 0x40 was started by Soren, logic340 (who had the train on himself previously) and Bursama in that order, with Kit being an RVS vote or something. I'm not claiming to be a great player or something, but I find it quite obvious with that and the fact that Soren has only defended one single player this game (Bursama) from being attacked with questioning about her actions and didn't defend 0x40 when he was under attack from doing the same thing.

It's just my gut, I'm not unhappy with a Bursama lynch, so move on with the discussion and maybe I'll change my opinion if I see something unusual.
Just want to correct you here, my RVS vote was on Bursama, then i switched my vote to 40 with a case against him. Bursama was the first to point out 40's scumminess, but didn't include a vote early on. So the votes were more like (Kit, Soren, Logic, Bursama) but the pointing of suspicion was more like (Bursama, Kit, Soren)

I was talking off memory, so I'm not surprised I wasn't completely right. Point still stands tho.
Jan 2, 2017 2:11 PM

Oct 2014
@Pentaflare feel free to vote Bursama up then, I removed my vote on her to place it on Soren. Unless you weren't planning on lynching her in the first place.
Jan 2, 2017 2:12 PM

Jul 2013
PentaFlare said:
Soren said:
he's not hiding
how is that hiding?

Because I do not believe that Bursama only has opinions on three players. They are hiding what they think about other players. It sounds like the usual tactic for a mafia who was caught by a check by a confirmed cop. If they are done anyway, don't give any hints as to who your teammates might be.
good point but he admitted defeat rather early and there has been no indication of a cop check
does your theory of such scum tactic still apply?
Jan 2, 2017 2:13 PM

Aug 2014
Bursama said:
PentaFlare said:

And that has happened exactly when?

How does my thought progress tell something about living players? You don't need to try to figure out my alignment at that point since I'm dead, so you can trust me reads, but... I can equally be wrong about everything or correct about everything.

So tell me, how does dead town's reads help town to catch scum?

Look, I'm not going to go find another game I've played where this has happened because that is more work than it is worth on mobile, but I assure you that I've seen scum caught based on the reads of townies that were lynched. I've been lynched as scum based on the accusations of a townie that was lynched. It is the worst situation to be in as scum, particularly if you helped lynch the person who made those accusations. You can't make stuff up to try and change their mind.

If you are town, I don't see why you are hiding your reads. You have nothing to lose.
Jan 2, 2017 2:14 PM

Aug 2013
Soren said:
logic340 said:
yee
vote: lucnaory

Yeah man, that lucnaory guy gets on my nerves, lets get em.
"If you look for a ghost, you'll find one."
Jan 2, 2017 2:14 PM

Aug 2014
Soren said:
PentaFlare said:

good point but he admitted defeat rather early and there has been no indication of a cop check

Yup. I would say that if a scum player thought they were going to be lynched for sure (such as if they were a mutual scumread by just about the entire town), that they might give up in a similar manner and close off their reads. That is what I think I'm seeing here.
Sonata said:
@Pentaflare feel free to vote Bursama up then, I removed my vote on her to place it on Soren. Unless you weren't planning on lynching her in the first place.

Vote: bursama
Jan 2, 2017 2:15 PM

Aug 2013
PentaFlare said:
Soren said:

Yup. I would say that if a scum player thought they were going to be lynched for sure (such as if they were a mutual scumread by just about the entire town), that they might give up in a similar manner and close off their reads. That is what I think I'm seeing here.
Sonata said:

Didn't you like, just ask that he be taken off L-1?
"If you look for a ghost, you'll find one."
Jan 2, 2017 2:17 PM

Oct 2014
Thank you, if Bursama ends up being mafia this action secures you as town in my book.
Jan 2, 2017 2:18 PM

Oct 2014
Unvote. Vote: Bursama

This hammers it.
Jan 2, 2017 2:18 PM

Aug 2014
LucianRoy said:
PentaFlare said:

Didn't you like, just ask that he be taken off L-1?

I did a while back. I wanted to take time to look at other players. I also added intention to hammer a little later when I switched back to bursama. Part of my hesitation with the train was Gruffin's role in it when Gruffin was a suspect of mine. The time I spent looking st Gruffin in between made me more comfortable with the train enough to add intention to hammer. This is my follow up on the intention to hammer.
Jan 2, 2017 2:19 PM

Oct 2014
I take full responsibily of my actions if this lynch ends up being bad by the way, but if it doesn't, Soren will be my next vote for sure.
Jan 2, 2017 2:19 PM

Jan 2008
Sonata said:

This hammers it.
Wow.. kind of had the feeling you were going to do that after you urged penta to vote

Jan 2, 2017 2:20 PM

Aug 2014
Sonata said:

This hammers it.

Wait, did you just play me so the train could be pushed over?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (56) « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 21 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [GAME] (* ̄・ ̄)ノ Count to 30 Before a Slightly Inebriated Staff Member Posts! v4 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Togs - Jul 2, 2017

2866 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:07 AM

» [GAME] Last Letter Game ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

grave_robber - Sep 9, 2014

8750 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» Count To 7777 V3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lambtron - May 15, 2018

1159 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» [GAME] Say something about the person above you ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Jul 19, 2014

3810 by Zymf »»
Jun 19, 2023 2:43 PM

» [GAME] Truth or dare (ToD) 2.0 [Round 5] ( 1 2 )

Lambtron - Mar 12, 2019

92 by Zymf »»
Jun 18, 2023 12:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.