Forums

Basic Mafia v4: Haruhi Suzumiya Mafia | Game Over - Mafia and Third Party Win

New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (56) « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 » ... Last »
Jan 1, 2017 8:08 PM

Jan 2008
logic340 said:
Honestly I feel like everyone who was on the 40 train need to take a good look a their neighbor and see where the scum is. Why was the 40 lynch so easy? Who put the though out there and let it manifest. What did the train form in opposition to aren't these the questions that should be being asked? Didn't I ask some of these yesterday. I made mention of no one saving 40 outside of Lucian and I. Again I know that losing town can seem inevitable but we still need to keep searching. I feel like 6 people took the easy way out instead of doing their due diligence in securing a proper lynch. @Kit Look at me EoD. How many EoD's do we have to have like this together before I get you to listen to me?
I'm done discussing with you why I voted 40 because I feel I've already talked about it at length, it can't be taken back, and I already apologized to you personally, twice. I find it rather insulting you think I'm not trying hard enough in this game when I spend hours here every day. Your tone in this post sounds very "I was right and you were wrong! HAH!” Which is kind of childish, and the same goes to Lucian for quoting your post and saying "PREACH" I'm already aware scum could have pushed the 40 lynch, in fact I said it during the night time. I don't know what you expect from me, because I'm playing this game the best I can without the amazing ability of knowing if a lynch candidate that I'm voting for will flip town or scum.

I'm also aware that some scum could have been defending 40 because they knew he would flip town, something the rest of us didn't have the benefit of knowing. But right now I'm more interested in the Bursama train.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . anime . manga . updates . ♫♪. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jan 1, 2017 8:21 PM

Jan 2008
Sorry about that, I got mad at that post and left without responding, and then when I came back I found out I was specifically pinged it in, and got mad all over again lol. I'm all cool now. I don't want to distance myself from someone I'm leaning town on, I do want to work together. I will try listening to what you say more, Logic. But please remember I have my own way of playing too... I don't want to be bullied for it.. If you scum read me that is fine and part of the game, but please don't say I'm not trying, because I am ;-;

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . anime . manga . updates . ♫♪. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jan 1, 2017 8:26 PM

Aug 2013
logic340 said:
You're neutral with me right now so don't worry to much. Those were my feeling shortly after the flip I have had time to think about things and we'll see where they lead.

1. I didn't realize that mobile was that much different from desk top view. It definitely puts things in a different perspective.
2. "you are a smart player which scum would want to out right?" I don't really see how this is a reason for me not being scum? I am town so scum want to out me for that reason alone. What their methods are I could come up with many reasons but where would mere speculation get us now that we actually have real hard evidence to at our disposal.
3. Thank you for the compliment. You are great for the game too. We may not always agree, or understand one another but we all contribute in our own way whether others realize that fact or not.
4. I don't worry about the mods they have been keeping up with the vote count this game rather well. Your vote and your voice are not only your weapons for rooting out the scum they are also the tools to our shared trust and understanding. We have to find a way to use them to their full potential.
5. While what Grapefruit said has merit you cannot let that stymie your voice. If there is only on good reason then hang on it. I can't fault you for sticking to what you believe I did the same thing. It's not about getting better it's about us understanding one another and figuring out how to work together. We can disagree, I don't view Kit or Gruffin in a favorable light right now but we all had similar thoughts about Bursama and made them know.
6. I would say the point about Kit and Gruffin wanting reads really isn't a knock on you a lot of people want those but sometime it's advantageous to withhold some information. It's all a give and take I don't look at everything face value too many

So I have a few questions for you:
-if you are town do you think there was scum on the 40 train?
-If you think there were scum on the train how many?
-If you think there were scum on the train who do you think it could be?

2. At the time, there wasn't any for me to go on besides specialization. Now,at this point at the game, it isn't good enough.
3. Of course. I am like the way you think, though I don't always agree where its leading. And thank you for saying that. I makes me feel way more confident about my posts.
4. Yeah, but the mods are only human right? They can't know what they don't read. I am just an overly cautious person when it comes to timing. Better way early than way late.
5. I feel like you orignal post you made really good points about Gruffin being scum. Not enough to make me really believe they are scum, but a good point to bring up laterin the game, if she is still alive.
6. Honestly, I don't think I really understand reads. I try explaining what my thought process was but every time it feels like people are saying that my reasoning in'ts good enough. It feels a bit like people are trying to lead me on more than thing. Any tips for giving good reads?

As for you questions. For them I am going to assume that they are three members, though four is possible given the size of our group.
-I am 85% sure that there was scum on the 40 train.
-If there are three members then at most two. Which means there is a possible one scum on Mishkax train. My current thought is that they voted for different people to hide their track, thought is possible that the other member didn't vote for either of them.
- I was working this one out... but turns out this is going to take much longer than I though. I will try and message you after I get this all sorted out. Sorry!

Jan 1, 2017 8:29 PM

Jan 2010
Kit said:
logic340 said:
Honestly I feel like everyone who was on the 40 train need to take a good look a their neighbor and see where the scum is. Why was the 40 lynch so easy? Who put the though out there and let it manifest. What did the train form in opposition to aren't these the questions that should be being asked? Didn't I ask some of these yesterday. I made mention of no one saving 40 outside of Lucian and I. Again I know that losing town can seem inevitable but we still need to keep searching. I feel like 6 people took the easy way out instead of doing their due diligence in securing a proper lynch. @Kit Look at me EoD. How many EoD's do we have to have like this together before I get you to listen to me?
I'm done discussing with you why I voted 40 because I feel I've already talked about it at length, it can't be taken back, and I already apologized to you personally, twice. I find it rather insulting you think I'm not trying hard enough in this game when I spend hours here every day. Your tone in this post sounds very "I was right and you were wrong! HAH!” Which is kind of childish, and the same goes to Lucian for quoting your post and saying "PREACH" I'm already aware scum could have pushed the 40 lynch, in fact I said it during the night time. I don't know what you expect from me, because I'm playing this game the best I can without the amazing ability of knowing if a lynch candidate that I'm voting for will flip town or scum.

I'm also aware that some scum could have been defending 40 because they knew he would flip town, something the rest of us didn't have the benefit of knowing. But right now I'm more interested in the Bursama train.
This post is meant to ruffle feather but not hurt feelings. You were not the only one on that train and it wasn't implied that we aren't trying hard enough but look at EoD and tell me that we didn't settle? I have never seen scum behave in the was 40 was and gave multiple examples from other games in which this instance felt the same. Game after game I am fighting off a mislynch by myself it would be nice to be acknowledged in the moment instead of after the fact. None of us can do this on our own I am out her trying to bring us together not tear us apart. I just want you guys to look at the train and think about who the scum are. You and Gruffin are dong that your vote is on Bursama. Let's continue to fight the good fight.
logic340Jan 1, 2017 8:34 PM
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC

Jan 1, 2017 8:44 PM

Nov 2015
🌟 Vote Count 2.0 🌟

Bursama (4): Gruffin, logic340, Grapefruit21, Kit
Soren (1): Sonata

Not Voting (8): Phraze, Rosielovesanime, aa-dono, Soren, LucianRoy, Bursama, Lord_Sithis, PentaFlare

With 13 alive, it’s 7 players to majority lynch.
If a majority lynch is not achieved by the deadline, the player with the most votes will be lynched instead.

>>Day 2 Timer<<
Jan 1, 2017 9:09 PM

Jan 2008
logic340 said:
Kit said:

This post is meant to ruffle feather but not hurt feelings. You were not the only one on that train and it wasn't implied that we aren't trying hard enough but look at EoD and tell me that we didn't settle? I have never seen scum behave in the was 40 was and gave multiple examples from other games in which this instance felt the same. Game after game I am fighting off a mislynch by myself it would be nice to be acknowledged in the moment instead of after the fact. None of us can do this on our own I am out her trying to bring us together not tear us apart. I just want you guys to look at the train and think about who the scum are. You and Gruffin are dong that your vote is on Bursama. Let's continue to fight the good fight.
I'm sorry for being emotional :( I feel like a jerk.
I don't understand why you pinged me though and asked me why I won't listen to you... We're already in agreement. There's nothing I can do about the past besides explain to you why I made my decisions. I don't know exactly when you started bringing up Bursama but if you had done it early on and made a very good case against him I may have joined you. I can't just suddenly do a ton of research on another person in the last few hours before phase change and hope I can convince 2 or 3 other people to switch from 40 to someone else with me. I mean, we don't even know if Bursama, or Rosie, or anyone you suspect is scum, so can you really say you were more right than those of us on the 40 train right now?

I hope we can catch scum together. I'm glad days are 48 hours because I think I should take a break from this thread for a while... altho i'm addicted to mafia so i probably won't be able to resist anyway..

Jan 1, 2017 9:42 PM

Dec 2016
@LucianRoy When did you town clear Soren to your satisfaction? Or are you still trying to get a read? You never (that I saw) came out and said after repeated claims that you were trying to sort Soren.
Jan 1, 2017 10:04 PM

Oct 2011
miniwall of replies

------------------------------------

- didn't expect Mish to die so soon geez. maybe we're dealing with a similar-to-Jack scumteam. going after bad/inactive players. it might explain the lack of EoD activity. no wait...actually I'm curious about the lack of EoD activity. who were the leading trains at the end? if they were town, it makes sense there was no rush.
- Bursama seem to be town. no one is defending them.
- Grapefruit is an evasive player. I'm new to him at any rate.
- suspects: Gruffin/Sithis(for mudflinging)
- under radar: Dono/Soren/Kit
- other players are self-explanatory

Jan 1, 2017 10:07 PM

Oct 2011
also, I was off for whole of yesterday cuz personal problem... back to game tho. will try to make up for the lack of activity.

Jan 1, 2017 10:16 PM

Dec 2016
@Phraze What do you mean that I am evasive? Evasive in that I avoid questions? I feel like I am responding to most questions asked of me.

Second what's your town read on Bursama? No one is directly defending them but there are people questioning the wagon. And no one defending the wagon doesn't necessarily mean the player is town, could be getting bussed by scum for all we know. I feel good about my vote but I do want you to try and talk me out of it if you think Bursama is town.
Jan 1, 2017 10:38 PM

Oct 2011
Grapefruit21 said:
@Phraze What do you mean that I am evasive? Evasive in that I avoid questions? I feel like I am responding to most questions asked of me.

Second what's your town read on Bursama? No one is directly defending them but there are people questioning the wagon. And no one defending the wagon doesn't necessarily mean the player is town, could be getting bussed by scum for all we know. I feel good about my vote but I do want you to try and talk me out of it if you think Bursama is town.
u got frustrated when everyone suspected u. everything else, solo flight/opinion and convince. u should work with town more, filter ur suspicions with theirs and vice versa. see who's someone u can trust. this game is won by teamwork. I'm getting mixed feelings about u cuz of the lack of teamwork. but then again, ur new.

Bursama has been giving new opinions to the game that isn't distracting. it's more helpful to town than not. too early to say in the phase tho, but keep an eye out. anddd I don't see scum needing to bus so early? we haven't found any leads yet.

Jan 1, 2017 10:59 PM

Dec 2016
Phraze said:
u got frustrated when everyone suspected u. everything else, solo flight/opinion and convince. u should work with town more, filter ur suspicions with theirs and vice versa. see who's someone u can trust. this game is won by teamwork. I'm getting mixed feelings about u cuz of the lack of teamwork. but then again, ur new.

I am new and to me team work as town is sharing of reads and attempting to convince others of them, while listening to others reads and keeping an open mind. Is there another part I am missing or am I not doing the second half from your POV?

Bursama has been giving new opinions to the game that isn't distracting. it's more helpful to town than not. too early to say in the phase tho, but keep an eye out.

Can you give me some examples please. I have my reasons for being on the train and they're focused on the lack of helpful contributions. Seeing some helpful ones would help me to better hone my read because I either missed them or disagree on how helpful they are.

anddd I don't see scum needing to bus so early? we haven't found any leads yet.

You are probably correct on scum not needing to bus this early. Would be a very rash decision. But then again I might be onto something and they might be spooked. Impossible to know at this point.
Jan 1, 2017 11:00 PM

May 2012
@Phraze I'm still not understanding why you chose Sonata over Sithis/Mishu/Lucian, can you give me the reason you wanted to pressure them specifically over the rest? What did your pressure vote accomplish?

I was not scumreading you for voting after me, I was scumreading you because I do not completely understand what you were trying to do with the vote and what you got out of it (pretty much I don't see townie intentions yet because you haven't shown anything). You have not yet explained how that vote has affected your reads.

I don't think you could have predicted how Logic would have reacted to that. What I'm talking about is you say it was to start conversation, yet you did not participate in the subsequent conversation it caused.

Could you give details on why you scumread Sithis and I? You said mudflinging, but I want to see support for this.

How are the other players self-explanatory? Again, I need details to know what you are thinking.
Jan 1, 2017 11:18 PM

Dec 2016
@Phraze Going back to your original post, how are Soren or Kit under your radar? They are two of the heavier posters in the thread. I can understand not having a read but the phrase under the radar doesn't seem to apply to them.

@Gruffin So we haven't had much interaction despite both being on the Bursama train. To my recollection you asked me 1 question I answered it, and then you went back to talking to logic. How do you feel about my reasons now that I've expanded on them? Do you think scum has fast started this train? If yes do you have any guess on who they are? Has your opinion on Bursama changed at all since you voted them for roughly the same reasons I did.
Jan 1, 2017 11:24 PM

May 2012
Grapefruit21 said:
@Gruffin So we haven't had much interaction despite both being on the Bursama train. To my recollection you asked me 1 question I answered it, and then you went back to talking to logic. How do you feel about my reasons now that I've expanded on them? Do you think scum has fast started this train? If yes do you have any guess on who they are? Has your opinion on Bursama changed at all since you voted them for roughly the same reasons I did.
I like your reasons, yeah.

Hm...I don't think they have considering You (Grapefruit)/Logic/Kit are all townie to me and I like everyone's reasoning for the most part. If I had to pick one scum on this train, I'd say Kit just because they are the weakest of my townreads on this train, but still I doubt this is the work of scum.

No, I need more input from Bursama before my opinion on him changes. What I want from him is to explain his viewpoint on this game to us and give counter arguments to our posts so I can figure out if our suspicions are correct or not.
Jan 1, 2017 11:25 PM

May 2012
Also @Grapefruit21
What do you think of Phraze and my suspicions of her right now?

Edit: Fixed ping
Jan 1, 2017 11:47 PM

Dec 2016
Agree on needing responses from @Bursama I have a couple other leads that I want to chase but not until I hear from Bursama, because I think this wagon is good.

I have a next to null read on Phraze. They feel very similar to aa-dono and Sithis in they keep popping in saying townie things, but they aren't really helping town. Phraze's three posts here won't the most illuminating I can see the town POV behind them. In a 48 phase game sometimes people just won't be active it's a drawback of the format. And we cannot afford to policy lynch every lurker. Your 763 is full of questions that I would like to see answers to.

What do you think of the triangle of Lucian/Penta/Soren? Can you give me a quick read on those three that is slightly more in depth than your 613.
Jan 2, 2017 12:06 AM

Oct 2011
@Grapefruit21
I am new and to me team work as town is sharing of reads and attempting to convince others of them, while listening to others reads and keeping an open mind. Is there another part I am missing or am I not doing the second half from your POV?
I'm aware ur new. food for thought. compare reads with others, look for the odd one out. ur going against that. that's why u were scumread. when cornered, u became frustrated. it's evasive play overall. not liking it.
Can you give me some examples please. I have my reasons for being on the train and they're focused on the lack of helpful contributions. Seeing some helpful ones would help me to better hone my read because I either missed them or disagree on how helpful they are.
NK analysis on Mishukax. besides something they said in D1(when I left).
You are probably correct on scum not needing to bus this early. Would be a very rash decision. But then again I might be onto something and they might be spooked. Impossible to know at this point.
ok, gonna see what I can do with this~

@Gruffin
@Phraze I'm still not understanding why you chose Sonata over Sithis/Mishu/Lucian, can you give me the reason you wanted to pressure them specifically over the rest? What did your pressure vote accomplish?
get them to react to pressure and be useful. only D1 and I got my targets, so nothing wrong with a bit of pressure
I was not scumreading you for voting after me, I was scumreading you because I do not completely understand what you were trying to do with the vote and what you got out of it (pretty much I don't see townie intentions yet because you haven't shown anything). You have not yet explained how that vote has affected your reads.
I gave my reasons.
I don't think you could have predicted how Logic would have reacted to that. What I'm talking about is you say it was to start conversation, yet you did not participate in the subsequent conversation it caused.
didn't predict anything. but as u can see, few others have commented on the wording and rvs I live up to my name heh I didn't need to participate in the convo, it gave me what I wanted to see.
Could you give details on why you scumread Sithis and I? You said mudflinging, but I want to see support for this.
u said I was 'sheeping' and u scumread Logic for doing the same thing u claimed to be doing. also gave vague reasonings to ur vote on Sonata and waited for me. another similar tactic. all this waiting and vague reasoning, much?
How are the other players self-explanatory? Again, I need details to know what you are thinking.
u can town or scum read those players urself. I don't have to hand out townreads unless u want them dead faster. right?
@Phraze Going back to your original post, how are Soren or Kit under your radar? They are two of the heavier posters in the thread. I can understand not having a read but the phrase under the radar doesn't seem to apply to them.
they're under my radar similar to u. lowkey posting.

Jan 2, 2017 12:10 AM

May 2012
I'd also like to sort Sithis and aa-dono today if at all possible for similar reasons.

I'll give you a post on those three tomorrow since it's really late here and I should be sleeping.

Edit: @Grapefruit21
Jan 2, 2017 1:02 AM

Dec 2016
Phraze said:
@Grapefruit21
I'm aware ur new. food for thought. compare reads with others, look for the odd one out. ur going against that. that's why u were scumread. when cornered, u became frustrated. it's evasive play overall. not liking it.

Scumread by who? By you? Or by others because when I was scumread early it was before anyone had given reads and was based on RVS behaviour. I only recall lashing out early in the game when I had a train on me and when I was trying to get people to post more and called out sithis (and others) for iioa. But yes I have been prickly all game because everything feels rushed to me. MTGS has much longer phases and only having 48 hours has me on edge. Plus I'm over eager.

NK analysis on Mishukax. besides something they said in D1(when I left).

So you have the opposite read to me then on the same post. Which is fair but not helpful, because that is what I based my case on, and just mentioning it to me as your only example when you are trying to compare reads with others, you'll have to convince me that it is helpful.

they're (Soren and Kit) under my radar similar to u. lowkey posting.

lowkey must mean something different to you then me because I would never use low key to describe this:
"when cornered, u became frustrated" and this "u got frustrated when everyone suspected u. everything else, solo flight/opinion and convince."

Lowkey to me is subdued, quiet, and restrained. Which is kind of the opposite of how you've been describing me. And I would say the same is true of Soren and Kit. They are posting reads and leading wagons so I don't see how you think they aren't having a major impact on the game and putting ourselves into the limelight.

@Gruffin Agree on needing to sort out people who haven't been posting much, but it's hard to do if you don't have specific questions which I don't at the moment other than wanting t/s lists and explanations from them (@aa-dono, @Lord_Sithis. @Sonata, and @rosielovesanime). I understand it's busy and it's the holiday weekend but I would love any sorts of general reads on the game you have.
Jan 2, 2017 1:08 AM

Dec 2016
@Phraze completely butchered that second question. What I was trying to say before my grasp of English failed me was that I have posted my read and explained it several times. You accuse me of not comparing reads to others and playing with a solo mindset. And you respond to my question on why you town read him by siting part of my scum case back to me, but saying it's town. I hope you can see why I don't find that helpful, and it feels like you ignored my case for voting Bursama. At least explain why you think the NKA was helpful because I have tried to explain why I think it's harmful to the town.
Jan 2, 2017 1:36 AM

Aug 2013
LucianRoy said:

Also, if you are scumreading rosielovesanime, why aren't you voting for her?

Puuusshhhyyy...

Sorry for bring up this post, but I never understood what you meant when you reacted this way. Care to explain?

Jan 2, 2017 1:42 AM

Mar 2012
Gruffin said:
@Bursama What do you think of Logic's 644?

Nothing, really.

LucianRoy said:
Grapefruit21 said:
Posting about a NK speculating that both players on the train are scum without providing any reasoning is not a pro town attitude. It's mudslinging and casting doubt our on alignment and laying ground work for a train to form, with no reasoning provided.

I guess we'll have to see where Bursama votes today and why.

Not pro town.

Or... a possible mistake? Still being optimistic about this. It is a common new-player mistake, but Bursama doesn't exactly seem all that new to the game.

Combined with logics points about behavior yesterday about their role in the x40 mislynch instigating the mudslinging debate that led to the mislynch without jumping on that train early is a pattern and one I don't like.

Ahhh, I see. Starting the catch-all scumtell of mudslinging against 40 didn't seem too scummy at the time, but hindsight says differently. The late vote on 40 did strike me as kind of a scummy envelope push, you might be right there.

@Bursama, you said something about voting only when necessary yesterday, right?

When is it necessary to vote somebody?

#1: Yeah, I'm not really new to mafia.
#2: When I want someone dead over every other option.

Gruffin said:
Grapefruit21 said:
@Gruffin to me the scum mindset (which I'm seeing) is to plant seeds for others to latch onto and run with so that you aren't driving the wagon and in the spotlight. The recurring lack of a vote is what stands out to me. As a town player you don't mind putting your vote behind your suspicions (Lucian and my convo day1 that led to me placing my vote on him) to start a wagon and build pressure. Scum doesn't want wagons to be tracked back to them, so waiting on it to gain momentum let's them hide their vote a bit.

If Bursama had added much to the x40 case when they did eventually vote I wouldn't find this as suspicious. But they didn't, just jumped onto the train saying:

"Oh well.

Vote: _0x40_

I feel like this is the best option we have today, and even if he flips town, there's plenty of interactions."

Scum.
^ @Bursama I would like to see you respond to this as well.

Just for you: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
-----
I'm Kuyou Suou, vanilla townie. You don't lose anything by lynching me (and I think we should lynch me today).
Count to 30 -victories:

Up to 30: 19 wins | Up to 60: 2 wins | Up to 90: 3 win | Up to 120: 1 win | Up to 150: 1 win | Up to 180:
0 wins | Up to 210: 1 win
Jan 2, 2017 1:55 AM

Dec 2016
@Bursama if you are town I have no desire to lynch you, but a claim and no defence or alternative scum hunting is not going to get me off your train.

Why do you think we should lynch you today?
Jan 2, 2017 1:59 AM

Mar 2012
Grapefruit21 said:
@Bursama if you are town I have no desire to lynch you, but a claim and no defence or alternative scum hunting is not going to get me off your train.

Why do you think we should lynch you today?

I should be lynched before we reach LyLo.
Count to 30 -victories:

Up to 30: 19 wins | Up to 60: 2 wins | Up to 90: 3 win | Up to 120: 1 win | Up to 150: 1 win | Up to 180:
Jan 2, 2017 2:12 AM

Dec 2016
Bursama said:

If you're town you shouldn't be lynched at all. Why are you rolling over and letting us lynch you? We already had one town player do that and we can't afford to lose another because of a defeatist attitude.

Why aren't you fighting your lynch?
Jan 2, 2017 2:20 AM

Mar 2012
Grapefruit21 said:
Bursama said:

If you're town you shouldn't be lynched at all. Why are you rolling over and letting us lynch you? We already had one town player do that and we can't afford to lose another because of a defeatist attitude.

Why aren't you fighting your lynch?

#1 Town players who are more detrimental to town should be lynched. This applies to me.
#2 Read previous point.
#3 Why should I?
Count to 30 -victories:

Jan 2, 2017 2:24 AM

Dec 2016
Bursama said:
#1 Town players who are more detrimental to town should be lynched. This applies to me.

You can change that behaviour, or if you don't want to play ask for a replacement.
#2 Read previous point.
#3 Why should I?

Because not doing so undermines the game? Look if you don't want to play, that is fine and more power to you. No one is forcing you. Do what you want and forum mafia is such a small silly thing to stress about. However reach out to the mods and say you want to quit rather than shrugging and accepting a mislynch. Not for your sake but for the rest of ours.

Edit fixing quote formatting issues.
Jan 2, 2017 2:31 AM

Aug 2013
Bursama said:

#2 Read previous point.
#3 Why should I?

I don't know if you have a similar role in forum maifa, but this smells like Tanner behavior. If we kill him, he wins

@Grapefruit21 Thoughts on this?

Jan 2, 2017 2:33 AM

Mar 2012
rosielovesanime said:
Bursama said:

#2 Read previous point.
#3 Why should I?

I don't know if you have a similar role in forum maifa, but this smells like Tanner behavior. If we kill him, he wins

@Grapefruit21 Thoughts on this?

It's called Jester and Crossbell would rather jump off a cliff than allow one in a game.
Count to 30 -victories:

Jan 2, 2017 2:37 AM

Dec 2016
I had never heard of this role before hand, but that sounds like a miserable role to have in a game. So ummm, if he is a tanner we shouldn't lynch him but this felt like out of game stuff coming through so I'm not sure. I dunno.

Anyway I'm almost off work so I'll let someone else figure this out.

Also @Bursama if it is OoG stuff or not having fun playing I'm sorry if I made it worse. I know I was playing like a rabid dog and that can't be fun to be on the receiving end of. Hope you are alright!
Jan 2, 2017 3:01 AM

Aug 2013
@logic340 Took me a long time, but I got together my thoughts on people on the train

tl;dr: Based on this info I would say that we should look out for Kit, Gruffin, and Soren, as they had the most buddy buddy relationships (with each other) than anyone else on any trains

Now for reads I had while writing this list

Vote: Kit I am sorry kit ;-;.....
He is the lynch pen that keeps my scum read on him, Gruffin, and Soren together. I can gain a lot of info no matter what he turns out to be.

//writing long post is super tiring. How do you guys do it?

Jan 2, 2017 4:06 AM

Dec 2016
Good stuff rosie, and yeah the long posts are hard work, but they feel like winning and I like winning.

Onto your reads. I think you did a good job hitting the highlights and making it easy to read. You're right in saying those three have worked well together and not put too much suspicion on each each other, but I think we might need a bit more evidence before we assume that those interactions are strong enough proof that they are a scum team. I like where you are going with this you just took a leap I am not ready to follow just yet. For instance while all three have worked together well I haven't seen overtly scummy behavior from two of them. Suspicious things sure but nothing that really makes me stop and scratch my head. And I think you could look at LucianRoy's interactions with Penta and Soren and draw a similar web of non conflict and team work between them.

One other quibble I have is with a few of your negative interactions. For example you give Penta and Soren negative ratings with me when they moved off and town leaned me later. So I would classify those as mixed. The same is true for a few others such as Penta/Lord. Penta's vote has been everywhere so I'm not ruling out alignments based on Penta having voted for someone.

I will have to keep an eye on Kit and Soren's interactions though, may have town read too early.
Jan 2, 2017 4:30 AM

Aug 2012
@Gruffin @logic340 @Grapefruit21

I know I'm in your inactive, hard to read pile and I'm really sorry about that. The inactive part is because of New Years and everyone came home, so in a big family there's too much to do so by the time I get to my PC, it took me only about 10 minutes of staring before I fell asleep or get headaches. If my activity gets in the way too much, I'll be sure to ask for replacement ><
As for the hard to read........ haha, even when I'm active, I'm hard to read :'D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now onto reads.
It'll be hard for me to find the exact posts right now (time constraint among others)

I still think Lucian's scum. What you guys read as him scumhunting is what I see as stalling, and being suggestive but not taking the step himself, and riding on others' reads.
But it could also be that because I'm not recording or taking a memo, my memory fails me and this is not the case. But I dislike most of his replies (minus the jokes. Lucian's jokes are always pleasant to read :D ) so I'm not willing to let it go yet. I should make a proper case, but that too is unlikely now that I realize my own energy level T_T

Next:
- Kit. Something about the way he posts felt unlike town Kit. Then again, I don't know how he is as scum :/
He usually second guess or have this sort of calm demeanor when he decide on a lynch. But I think someone questioned him about it here, can't recall who about why he didn't see the town flip coming. I agree that you don't know who is scum until they actually flip, but there's that angle question that I thought Kit would have considered. but he didn't.
- Penta. This is really just a hunch. Started while me and Lucian had our very short back and forth.

Basically for now, those 3 are people I find scummy.

Jan 2, 2017 4:38 AM

Dec 2016
@aa-dono all good it's hard with this short of phases over the holidays. We're all out of our routines and going to be in and out. And this is a whale of a thread.

Can you expand on what you mean by your hunch on Penta. Do you mean your hunch started then or pentas behavior changed then? Anyways off to bed see you all in the morning.
Jan 2, 2017 5:33 AM

Jan 2010
Kit said:
Sorry about that, I got mad at that post and left without responding, and then when I came back I found out I was specifically pinged it in, and got mad all over again lol. I'm all cool now. I don't want to distance myself from someone I'm leaning town on, I do want to work together. I will try listening to what you say more, Logic. But please remember I have my own way of playing too... I don't want to be bullied for it.. If you scum read me that is fine and part of the game, but please don't say I'm not trying, because I am ;-;
We all have our own play style we just have to learn to work together. There are certain things you excel at and I have what I am good at, once we confident that we are both town we have to put those resources to use and draw off each others special skill set. I pinged you, not to to reference a similar situation you and I have been in together as a way to gain trust while gently pushing you a little bit. Word choice and articulation two things I am continuing to work on as I muddle my way through learning mafia.

Oyasumi_Rosie said:
logic340 said:
You're neutral with me right now so don't worry to much. Those were my feeling shortly after the flip I have had time to think about things and we'll see where they lead.

1. I didn't realize that mobile was that much different from desk top view. It definitely puts things in a different perspective.
2. "you are a smart player which scum would want to out right?" I don't really see how this is a reason for me not being scum? I am town so scum want to out me for that reason alone. What their methods are I could come up with many reasons but where would mere speculation get us now that we actually have real hard evidence to at our disposal.
3. Thank you for the compliment. You are great for the game too. We may not always agree, or understand one another but we all contribute in our own way whether others realize that fact or not.
4. I don't worry about the mods they have been keeping up with the vote count this game rather well. Your vote and your voice are not only your weapons for rooting out the scum they are also the tools to our shared trust and understanding. We have to find a way to use them to their full potential.
5. While what Grapefruit said has merit you cannot let that stymie your voice. If there is only on good reason then hang on it. I can't fault you for sticking to what you believe I did the same thing. It's not about getting better it's about us understanding one another and figuring out how to work together. We can disagree, I don't view Kit or Gruffin in a favorable light right now but we all had similar thoughts about Bursama and made them know.
6. I would say the point about Kit and Gruffin wanting reads really isn't a knock on you a lot of people want those but sometime it's advantageous to withhold some information. It's all a give and take I don't look at everything face value too many

So I have a few questions for you:
-if you are town do you think there was scum on the 40 train?
-If you think there were scum on the train how many?
-If you think there were scum on the train who do you think it could be?

2. At the time, there wasn't any for me to go on besides specialization. Now,at this point at the game, it isn't good enough.
3. Of course. I am like the way you think, though I don't always agree where its leading. And thank you for saying that. I makes me feel way more confident about my posts.
4. Yeah, but the mods are only human right? They can't know what they don't read. I am just an overly cautious person when it comes to timing. Better way early than way late.
5. I feel like you orignal post you made really good points about Gruffin being scum. Not enough to make me really believe they are scum, but a good point to bring up laterin the game, if she is still alive.
6. Honestly, I don't think I really understand reads. I try explaining what my thought process was but every time it feels like people are saying that my reasoning in'ts good enough. It feels a bit like people are trying to lead me on more than thing. Any tips for giving good reads?

As for you questions. For them I am going to assume that they are three members, though four is possible given the size of our group.
-I am 85% sure that there was scum on the 40 train.
-If there are three members then at most two. Which means there is a possible one scum on Mishkax train. My current thought is that they voted for different people to hide their track, thought is possible that the other member didn't vote for either of them.
- I was working this one out... but turns out this is going to take much longer than I though. I will try and message you after I get this all sorted out. Sorry!

2. Even if the entire argument isn't good their may be key parts of any read/post that someone else may gain information from. This is one of the main reasons I feel it
6. For me understanding reads is taking the information that is being conveyed and see why it's there. Lets say someone tries to save someone else from being lynched. There could be multiple reasons so I try to put myself in that persons shoes and see why they would do what they did. I can say I am not very good at this yet though
-I also believe there is probably at least one if not more than one scum there. That happened way to easily so but I cannot discount the prospects of any idea.
-I am not sure who it could be either so I am going to push on all of you in an attempt to sort out town from scum.

Jan 2, 2017 6:14 AM

Jan 2010
Phraze said:
Grapefruit21 said:

Bursama has been giving new opinions to the game that isn't distracting. it's more helpful to town than not. too early to say in the phase tho, but keep an eye out. anddd I don't see scum needing to bus so early? we haven't found any leads yet.
I think we all have our own idea of what is helpful and what is not. That is where we need to all work together and use our strengths to make up for someone else's weakness. We are stronger together and I urge you to work with us Phraze. You say that Grapefruit is being evasive but I think that term better categorizes the way Bursama has approached me this game much better than the way you apply it in this situation.

Jan 2, 2017 6:14 AM

Jan 2010
Phraze said:
miniwall of replies

------------------------------------

- didn't expect Mish to die so soon geez. maybe we're dealing with a similar-to-Jack scumteam. going after bad/inactive players. it might explain the lack of EoD activity. no wait...actually I'm curious about the lack of EoD activity. who were the leading trains at the end? if they were town, it makes sense there was no rush.
- Bursama seem to be town. no one is defending them.
- Grapefruit is an evasive player. I'm new to him at any rate.
- suspects: Gruffin/Sithis(for mudflinging)
- under radar: Dono/Soren/Kit
- other players are self-explanatory

-Would you classify Mishu's game this time around as bad or inactive? They were a little inactive in the early going but their contribution to the thread is clear to see. They were also quite active EoD and made some interesting posts and moves. I dare say that their play feel similar to Hirugashi where the moved their vote late D1. This makes me want to take a harder look at Kit since that is where Mishu's vote moved to.
-Do you have reasons for believing that bursama is town or it due to the fact that no one is defending him? What about the defend yourself argument that was used to lynch 40 yesterday?
-Can you elaborate on what you mean by Grapefruit is an evasive player. Evasive - "tending to avoid commitment or self-revelation, especially by responding only indirectly" I have actually gotten the complete opposite feeling when I read Grapefruit's posts.
-Can you give an example of Sithis mudslinging if it's what I think you are talking about Mishu addressed that in real time and it was not mudslinging on Sithis part.
-I agree with Soren and aa-dono being under the radar but how do you figure that with Kit?

Jan 2, 2017 6:31 AM

Jan 2010
🌟 Day 1 Final Vote Count 🌟
_0x40_ (6): Kit, Soren, rosielovesanime, Bursama, PentaFlare, Gruffin
Mishukax (3): _0x40_, Grapefruit21, Lord_Sithis
Lord_Sithis (2): Phraze, LucianRoy
Gruffin (1): Sonata
Kit (1): Mishukax
LucianRoy (1): aa-dono
rosielovesanime (1): logic340

Is there anyone among us who is good or decent with VCA? What I gather from the first days vote is that Town (Me and 40) were leading the lynch the entire day. Also the second leading lynch suspect at EoD1 is confirmed town. This tells me that scum wouldn't need to pressuring any vote late because they weren't worried about losing any of their own members D1. So I am going to look at EoD activities to see what stands out the most.

Mishu moving their vote to Kit needs to be looked into. It's the same move that Mishu did in Hirugashi moving their vote to Togs right before the phase ended. Togs buseed Sithis for town cred and mishu backed off their read but this move feels very similar to me and I am sad that Mishu isn't here to explain it to me.

_0x40_'s train - Who among you is scum? serious I believe there has to be one if not more than one on here. It's not that they needed to do it to save someone but it's a good place to hide out imo.
Mishukax train - With how I feel about Sithis and Grapefruit D1 I could see this being an all town train. Not going to act like there couldn't be scum here but I'm not liking that right now.
I would say there is one or two at the top and the other(s) are scattered around the bottom. Thoughts or analysis?

Jan 2, 2017 6:39 AM

Jan 2010
@LucianRoy I like that you were trying to save 40 with me end of D1 but I really don't understand why you were standing up for him? From where I stand right now it looks like you knew he would flip town and you could bask in the light since it was right. You hinted that he was town early when not many people could get that vibe so I am wondering if you can now fill us in on what tipped you off so early about his alignment? By post #55 you were already getting town vibes from 40.

Jan 2, 2017 7:06 AM

Jan 2010
Oyasumi_Rosie said:
@logic340 Took me a long time, but I got together my thoughts on people on the train

tl;dr: Based on this info I would say that we should look out for Kit, Gruffin, and Soren, as they had the most buddy buddy relationships (with each other) than anyone else on any trains

He is the lynch pen that keeps my scum read on him, Gruffin, and Soren together. I can gain a lot of info no matter what he turns out to be.

The first part of the post is rather informative thank you for sharing that. I would be really infested in seeing how people view my interactions with other players.

@Bursama I haven't played with you before and we have had limited interactions so far. You say that you have nothing really to think about my #644 may I ask why that is? I get the feeling you don't care much for my posts since you said that I had a question for you when it was actually my answer to your question that was awaiting response. Do you feel my case attacked you personally rather than the play? Were there any points you felt were egregious or merit a further discussion? I am just trying to sort our your alignment make a town block and lynch scum.

Jan 2, 2017 7:08 AM

Aug 2012
logic340 said:
@LucianRoy I like that you were trying to save 40 with me end of D1 but I really don't understand why you were standing up for him? From where I stand right now it looks like you knew he would flip town and you could bask in the light since it was right. You hinted that he was town early when not many people could get that vibe so I am wondering if you can now fill us in on what tipped you off so early about his alignment? By post #55 you were already getting town vibes from 40.
I can understand Lucian at this part. I thought ox40 had a good vibe during the first few pages as well.

Jan 2, 2017 7:15 AM

Aug 2012
LucianRoy said:
Wait a minute, my vote on Mishu was hot blooded. Let me retract that.

Unvote
Why did you unvote here when you have not establish a townread on Mishu or found any other scumread?

Jan 2, 2017 7:43 AM

Jan 2010

So I have been doing a little studying up on the art of the VCA this morning. Of all the Vote Counts this is the only one where I can say if scum were moving they would have been moving between these two Vote Counts. For the first 5 VC's I was in the lead no one tried to save me I barely tried to save myself due to RVS but I am not scum so mafia didn't need to move to save anyone. Around the time VC6 happened Gruffin had moved into the lead for a short time then x40 shortly there after. I feel like from what I have learned that the move from me to Gruffin to 0x40 should provide some information into the mafia motives. I don't know myself as this is my first time trying to do these types of analysis so any help I can get from my fellow town will be appreciated.

Jan 2, 2017 7:43 AM

Aug 2014
So, I don't feel like the Bursama train is actually as dangerous as I was thinking last night. It built really fast so it was surprising, but it is still less than a third of the total players that are on the train.

I'm looking more closely st the votes right now, then I'm going to look one more time at the 0x40 train even though I think I've gleaned everything I can from that already.
Be like this seal. It is a happy seal.
~Review Guidelines~ | ~Recommendation Guidelines~ | ~Mafia Society~
Jan 2, 2017 7:45 AM

Jan 2010
aa-dono said:
logic340 said:
I can understand Lucian at this part. I thought ox40 had a good vibe during the first few pages as well.
I understand that you two felt that way but I didn't know what to make of it. So I am just asking if their is an example of something in particular early game because by phase change I was willing to try but my efforts were in vain.

Jan 2, 2017 8:30 AM

Mar 2012
logic340 said:
Oyasumi_Rosie said:

The first part of the post is rather informative thank you for sharing that. I would be really infested in seeing how people view my interactions with other players.

@Bursama I haven't played with you before and we have had limited interactions so far. You say that you have nothing really to think about my #644 may I ask why that is? I get the feeling you don't care much for my posts since you said that I had a question for you when it was actually my answer to your question that was awaiting response. Do you feel my case attacked you personally rather than the play? Were there any points you felt were egregious or merit a further discussion? I am just trying to sort our your alignment make a town block and lynch scum.

No, I don't felt that you attacked me personally.

And no, I don't really think your case was egregious. I read your case and felt that there's nothing that would require a response from me.
Count to 30 -victories:

Jan 2, 2017 8:35 AM

Jan 2010
Bursama said:
logic340 said:

And no, I don't really think your case was egregious. I read your case and felt that there's nothing that would require a response from me.
Do you think there is scum on your train or just misinformed town?

Jan 2, 2017 8:37 AM

Oct 2011
here andddd stalker as usual... but before I start. just noticed Kit felt bad about what Logic said.. hope u guys take it easy.... I got into a fight with...Jack once, and was careful to never do that again x.x I feel ya @Kit, Denja said the same thing to me last game. let's not call each other useless next time ok? >.<

//offgame comment

----------------------------

@Grapefruit21
Scumread by who? By you? Or by others because when I was scumread early it was before anyone had given reads and was based on RVS behaviour. I only recall lashing out early in the game when I had a train on me and when I was trying to get people to post more and called out sithis (and others) for iioa. But yes I have been prickly all game because everything feels rushed to me. MTGS has much longer phases and only having 48 hours has me on edge. Plus I'm over eager.
by me. I pointed out an example for what I considered evasive, as per request. and thanks for explaining~ I recall asking how long u researched mafia games. no reply. this kinda answered that for me. time difference.
So you have the opposite read to me then on the same post. Which is fair but not helpful, because that is what I based my case on, and just mentioning it to me as your only example when you are trying to compare reads with others, you'll have to convince me that it is helpful.
I find ppl giving new insight into a game to be helpful, so long as it isn't distracting. scum never go out of their way to do that. I take that as a town tell.
lowkey must mean something different to you then me because I would never use low key to describe this:
"when cornered, u became frustrated" and this "u got frustrated when everyone suspected u. everything else, solo flight/opinion and convince."

Lowkey to me is subdued, quiet, and restrained. Which is kind of the opposite of how you've been describing me. And I would say the same is true of Soren and Kit. They are posting reads and leading wagons so I don't see how you think they aren't having a major impact on the game and putting ourselves into the limelight.
looks like I confused u with Gruffin haha. two GRs in the thread besides me was confusing xD
I meant Gruffin. Gruffin was lowkey posting and that's the same vibe I'm getting from those two.
@Phraze completely butchered that second question. What I was trying to say before my grasp of English failed me was that I have posted my read and explained it several times. You accuse me of not comparing reads to others and playing with a solo mindset. And you respond to my question on why you town read him by siting part of my scum case back to me, but saying it's town. I hope you can see why I don't find that helpful, and it feels like you ignored my case for voting Bursama. At least explain why you think the NKA was helpful because I have tried to explain why I think it's harmful to the town.
unbutchered. better? and I find u strange for running solo in the game.

@Oyasumi_Rosie
username change? but nice wall. which reminds me... @Gruffin pull out dat interaction analysis pls~ I wanna see how it works xD

@aa-dono
I still think Lucian's scum. What you guys read as him scumhunting is what I see as stalling, and being suggestive but not taking the step himself, and riding on others' reads.
- Penta. This is really just a hunch. Started while me and Lucian had our very short back and forth.
played with scum!Lucian before, can't tell the difference. idk scum!Penta but he's playing about the same here.

@logic340
I think we all have our own idea of what is helpful and what is not. That is where we need to all work together and use our strengths to make up for someone else's weakness. We are stronger together and I urge you to work with us Phraze. You say that Grapefruit is being evasive but I think that term better categorizes the way Bursama has approached me this game much better than the way you apply it in this situation.
he explained himself on the time difference thing, helped. I'd describe Bursama as more of a casual player. my definition of evasive is forming own opinions without outside help, and debating with others to change it - self-orientated. yes I'm doing my best to work with u guys.
-Would you classify Mishu's game this time around as bad or inactive? They were a little inactive in the early going but their contribution to the thread is clear to see. They were also quite active EoD and made some interesting posts and moves. I dare say that their play feel similar to Hirugashi where the moved their vote late D1. This makes me want to take a harder look at Kit since that is where Mishu's vote moved to.
-Do you have reasons for believing that bursama is town or it due to the fact that no one is defending him? What about the defend yourself argument that was used to lynch 40 yesterday?
-Can you elaborate on what you mean by Grapefruit is an evasive player. Evasive - "tending to avoid commitment or self-revelation, especially by responding only indirectly" I have actually gotten the complete opposite feeling when I read Grapefruit's posts.
-Can you give an example of Sithis mudslinging if it's what I think you are talking about Mishu addressed that in real time and it was not mudslinging on Sithis part.
-I agree with Soren and aa-dono being under the radar but how do you figure that with Kit?
- the Mish NK threw me off honestly.. he trolled more than defended, which felt like Tis the Season. he flipped town sooooo blessing in disguise?
- Bursama made opinions that didn't distract. I take that as a town tell. if he said things to mess up the gamestate, then I support the scumread.
- explained above. I don't take evasive play as a negative. but it's worth noting since it's grayzone for me.
- remember Lucian's red/blue/greens? felt like what I thought. Sithis just HAS to mix in some negatives on someone in his posts. it's what I scumread him for before, besides the other stuff. we've never seen town!Sithis before, so I'm trying to be unbiased here. but this is a fact.
- under the radar. lowkey. uninspiring posts. I'm reading on the go since there's too much to backread/quote, and their posts leave little to no impression. Kit mentioned wanting to avoid NK sooooo idk
Is there anyone among us who is good or decent with VCA?
lol sorry I only know my own analysis, and it's not even provable. behavior. ask Gruffin for interaction analysis~ ouo

@Gruffin
forgot to add this to my reply:
Sithis gave plenty of negative statements on various players. only Soren and...Logic(?) were townread, and they were the obvious ones. Sithis townread them.
PhrazeJan 2, 2017 8:42 AM

Jan 2, 2017 8:45 AM

Mar 2012
logic340 said:
Bursama said:

Do you think there is scum on your train or just misinformed town?

Not a fanciest idea.
Count to 30 -victories:

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (56) « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [GAME] (* ̄・ ̄)ノ Count to 30 Before a Slightly Inebriated MEMBER Posts! v1 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SoulEaterQUEEN - Mar 26, 2016

1990 by Serafos »»
Aug 17, 9:42 PM

» [GAME] Say something about the person above you ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Jul 19, 2014

3811 by Serafos »»
Aug 17, 9:42 PM

» [GAME] Last Letter Game ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

grave_robber - Sep 9, 2014

8751 by Serafos »»
Aug 17, 9:41 PM

» [GAME] (* ̄・ ̄)ノ Count to 30 Before a Slightly Inebriated Staff Member Posts! v4 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Togs - Jul 2, 2017

2867 by Serafos »»

» Count To 7777 V3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lambtron - May 15, 2018

1160 by Serafos »»
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.