New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (56) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Dec 30, 2016 3:32 AM

Dec 2016
So I read day one of the game you linked Lucian and well

Unvote

*sidenote: that day one was painful stuck in RVS so long*

You are posting more fluff in this game, but you have a similar tone and early game. And if anything you seem more on board hunting scum despite the extra fluff because unlike in Atsuki no Yona you are focused on lines that ping you and getting people talking. You seemed content to figure out and debate mechanics which I'm told is a scum tell but I haven't seen it yet in a game I've read. Also I really like you were doing while I was posting my wall. I'll wait for vote info to come in before taking another serious look at you.

Welp time to reread.
Dec 30, 2016 4:27 AM

Jan 2010
rosielovesanime said:
LucianRoy said:
What did grapefruit say?
@Rosie
it was their first post? I mean it's impossible to read tone esp in early game but something in it set off my warning bells.
Do you mean it was something in their first few posts or are you saying their first post made you suspicious?

@LucianRoy I noticed that you don't always use a users full name when tagging them. You are tagging other MAL users and not the person you intended. There is a user name logic so you tagged them instead of me. In the quote above you tagged rosie but I am sure that rosielovesanime didn't get a tag notification.
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC

Dec 30, 2016 4:31 AM

Jan 2010
Alright back from my rest and......2 new posts.....ok. Hm this feels like dejavu to an extent.

We have 6 out of 15 players who I would class as failry inactive to start the game - Phraze (RVS Vote), aa-dono (5 posts), Bursama (6 posts), Sonata (4 posts), and rosielovesanime (3 posts). It's hard to make behavioral analysis when there is so little to go off of.
Phraze - We have history an RVS on me doesn't tell me anything either way.
aa-dono - Tells us she'll be busy this phase, drops vote on Lucian with questions, answers Pentas question about her vote, says she'll be back. Nothing that looks scummy here. Nothing that says town either.
Bursama - Something feels off about his first post. It looks like it's doing something but most are just one line questions or responses. He asked me something specifically and hasn't responded to my answer yet don't know if he missed it or if he just wasn't that interested in my response as he posted shortly after I did. Other than the whole mudslinging thing with 0x40 I don't know where he stand on much of anything.
Sonata - Doesn't like D1 lynches, I can understand that. Post #250 stand out to me. I like the question but to that point is that really the only question they could have to ask? Seems like a lot has happened to only be asking that one question. Still need more to go on.
rosielovesanime - I'm not following what made them suspicious of Grapefruit.

Of these 6 the ones that stand out the most to me are Bursama, rosielovesanime and Sonata.

Dec 30, 2016 4:33 AM

Dec 2016
@Sonata you express not wanting to lynch day 1 but your first post is as the 3rd vote on a train. If you feel the lynch is necessary why bring up your reluctance to lynch? And if you don't want to actually follow through why immediately deflate any pressure your vote could give? Can you explain how you reconcile those two statements?

@Gruffin Can you describe your general approach to day 1s? Especially when one that has mostly moved out of RVS. I want to understand your mindset as you are in the middle of a lot of things right now.

@rosielovesanime If you've had time to read the rest of the thread has your opinion on me changed?

@LucianRoy Can you talk through your buddying with Soren? It reads very differently to me from Atsuki no Yona.

@ people not posting the day phases are too short to lurk through and coast if I can't find scum I will lynch a lurker. And stop posting walls that are +80% summaries of what has happened. That's what notes are for.
Dec 30, 2016 4:49 AM

Jan 2010
@Grapefruit phase change on MAL can get pretty hectic when people who have skipped must of the phase want to show up and vote. I find an inactive town to be as bad or worse than scum. My last game was full of inactivity which lead to active town getting the lynch and modkills moving things forward rather quickly. I do not want a repeat of that.

@Sonata you appear to be caught up do you have any reads yet?

Dec 30, 2016 4:55 AM

Mar 2012
logic340 said:
Alright back from my rest and......2 new posts.....ok. Hm this feels like dejavu to an extent.

We have 6 out of 15 players who I would class as failry inactive to start the game - Phraze (RVS Vote), aa-dono (5 posts), Bursama (6 posts), Sonata (4 posts), and rosielovesanime (3 posts). It's hard to make behavioral analysis when there is so little to go off of.
aa-dono - Tells us she'll be busy this phase, drops vote on Lucian with questions, answers Pentas question about her vote, says she'll be back. Nothing that looks scummy here. Nothing that says town either.
Bursama - Something feels off about his first post. It looks like it's doing something but most are just one line questions or responses. He asked me something specifically and hasn't responded to my answer yet don't know if he missed it or if he just wasn't that interested in my response as he posted shortly after I did. Other than the whole mudslinging thing with 0x40 I don't know where he stand on much of anything.
Sonata - Doesn't like D1 lynches, I can understand that. Post #250 stand out to me. I like the question but to that point is that really the only question they could have to ask? Seems like a lot has happened to only be asking that one question. Still need more to go on.

Of these 6 the ones that stand out the most to me are Bursama, rosielovesanime and Sonata.

If you are suspicious these people, why aren't you questioning them? Like, the best way to get my reads is to ask me about them.

@Kit: I'm fully aware I haven't voted yet. I want to take a look at few things before that.
Count to 30 -victories:

Up to 30: 19 wins | Up to 60: 2 wins | Up to 90: 3 win | Up to 120: 1 win | Up to 150: 1 win | Up to 180:
0 wins | Up to 210: 1 win
Dec 30, 2016 5:03 AM

Dec 2016
I noticed that in the thread I was reading was unsure if it was typical or not but in it the town was not close making up their minds with five minutes to go. To the town in general this deadline we are approaching will be 7am New Year's day. I'll try to have an informed decision in before hand, but don't wait to dazzle me till last minute. Not going to work.

logic I've had a town lean on you for a while now, but I'd like to know why you were so casual in handling the train on you? I know that there were some RVS votes on you, but a 5 strong train has 5 votes regardless of how good the reasons are.
Dec 30, 2016 5:03 AM

Oct 2011
okay now~ kinda got a headache #annoyed mode on
also got a feeling my sleeptime is messing up again

@logic340
for aesthetics!? What time is it where you live?
was around 3 to 4 in the morning. and nice to see some topic created around that. yushhh rvs plan is working as usual~ ur read on me tho.. how would I make things more difficult for u(if scum)? elaborate.
Gruffin stated in our last game that she would change her gameplay, so I won't take her carefulness here as a scumtell. just an fyi

@Grapefruit21
greetings. u seem well informed for ur first game. how long did u do ur research? I'm seeing alot of frustration from u in this game. it's very off-putting. nothing worth noting yet. and also, those post references... I would prefer seeing a quote like
quote this

@Mishukax
why did u vote for Logic? //prepares to vote u

Dec 30, 2016 5:12 AM

Oct 2011
@Grapefruit21
I noticed that in the thread I was reading was unsure if it was typical or not but in it the town was not close making up their minds with five minutes to go. To the town in general this deadline we are approaching will be 7am New Year's day. I'll try to have an informed decision in before hand, but don't wait to dazzle me till last minute. Not going to work.
it's kinda typical for scum to show up last minute to shuffle the votes and suspicions. hmmm but town!Soren did it once in our last game, so it could be a general play for some ppl. such a troll Soren such a troll~

Dec 30, 2016 5:14 AM

Jan 2010
Bursama said:
logic340 said:

If you are suspicious these people, why aren't you questioning them? Like, the best way to get my reads is to ask me about them.

@Kit: I'm fully aware I haven't voted yet. I want to take a look at few things before that.
Lord_Sithis should be the sixth inactive player on that list. His read last isn't groundbreaking and doesn't really stay from the consensus. I'd even say it feels safe. I've questioned most every player on that list at some point. Do you have any current reads? What do you think of my train (most notably the last the votes)?

@Lord_Sithis have you caught up with the thread?
@Phraze where you at?

Dec 30, 2016 5:25 AM

Jan 2010
Grapefruit21 said:

logic I've had a town lean on you for a while now, but I'd like to know why you were so casual in handling the train on you? I know that there were some RVS votes on you, but a 5 strong train has 5 votes regardless of how good the reasons are.
This is my first time having multiple votes on me like this. I wanted to use my position at the top to give me an better view of why people were voting for me. While 5 does have me nervous due to the lynch-lock system scum would have to be ballsy to move on me so early. If they did that it would only end up backfiring when I flip which helps my town brethren in the end. There is no reason for me to panic as I feel that this train will work itself out while I use my POV to start figuring out alignment.

Dec 30, 2016 5:25 AM

Mar 2012
@logic340 How experienced are you? This is an important question.
Count to 30 -victories:

Up to 30: 19 wins | Up to 60: 2 wins | Up to 90: 3 win | Up to 120: 1 win | Up to 150: 1 win | Up to 180:
0 wins | Up to 210: 1 win
Dec 30, 2016 5:27 AM

Jan 2010
Bursama said:
@logic340 How experienced are you? This is an important question.
post #36
logic said:
this is my sixth game I've been town in all previous games. I never heard of mafia before playing in the werewolf game so I'm learning in the fly. My stats and links to the games I've played previously are on my profile for it viewing pleasure.
If there is something more specific you would like to know please ask.

Dec 30, 2016 5:33 AM

Aug 2012
Baaack~ only for a bit though. But will be back again in few hours.

LucianRoy said:
aa-dono said:
It's more things he didn't do. Things that town Lucian that I've seen so far has done. That, I rather not say now.
(1. I might have it wrong haha
2. If he's scum, then I don't want to tell him what I'm looking for)

I have a town tell? Wish I knew that last game.
This vote and push seems really vague. Gimme other reads. Like on gruf or logic for ex.
Not yet, on the other reads.

On yours, lemme see if my guts have backings ~
Also, I am trying to only give reads about people I think is scum, since I realized universal town read is not good for town.

Dec 30, 2016 5:38 AM

Aug 2012
PentaFlare said:
@Soren What do you think about Grapefruit saying their own statement is non-commital?

My instinct is to see it as mafia being both non-commital and being super self-aware, but I don't see a mafia member highlighting a fault in their posting like that.
When Mishu was scum, he did something like that. Highlighting his fault. So I guess mafia could do that. So cut the but and trust your instinct ;)
Sorry can't help it. I want to say something senpai-like. Haha

Dec 30, 2016 5:43 AM

Jan 2010
@Phraze what do you think about my current train? How do you feel about Gruffin's case against me?

aa-dono said:
PentaFlare said:
@Soren What do you think about Grapefruit saying their own statement is non-commital?

My instinct is to see it as mafia being both non-commital and being super self-aware, but I don't see a mafia member highlighting a fault in their posting like that.
When Mishu was scum, he did something like that. Highlighting his fault. So I guess mafia could do that. So cut the but and trust your instinct ;)
So do you think that Grapefruit is scum using the same tactic Mishu did or just a coincidence?

Dec 30, 2016 5:45 AM

Oct 2011
@logic340
@Phraze where you at?
address or timezone? gmt +8. not sure if it'll help things since my sleeptime fluctuates. all-nighter until recently.
There is no reason for me to panic as I feel that this train will work itself out while I use my POV to start figuring out alignment.
we sure think alike. besides that, paranoia in general helps me sort out ppl's alignments.

Jan 2010
@Bursama i answered #164 and #262 was there going to be a response to them? Did answering those questions tell you something about me or my alignment?

Aug 2012
Alright I've read up to page 2. Will be back soon.

For now,
@Grapefruit21
#41 For some reason I find this defensive and shady. Bring up wagons when it was the topic of him being scum - only two votes - seems a little panicky
#50 Claimed that Phraze applied pressure? I see RVS vote without pressure. Maybe building train, but hardly pressure.
#52 Claims that Lucian have not ask question when he did apply somewhat of a pressure. Seems like a shading attempt.

I'm tempted to change vote, but I see others have removed vote from you. So I guess you're town-like from page 3? We'll see.

As for Lucian... hmm.. I didn't find what I was looking for but he starts off with a pretty nice vote for Grape (#17). Hoooo Lucian is still a pretty good person to play with. Always enjoyable to read his post :)
#55 - Mememememe~ I find this pointless to point out if he's scum. This makes him feel town; makes me feel like dropping that vote on him but I have plenty of time hoho so lemme just park it there for now, ok - Lucy-san?

Dec 30, 2016 5:47 AM

Aug 2012
logic340 said:
@Phraze what do you think about my current train? How do you feel about Gruffin's case against me?

aa-dono said:
So do you think that Grapefruit is scum using the same tactic Mishu did or just a coincidence?
I don't know if it's a tactic so not really reading much into it atm... I only thought of it as personality, but if it works in their favour, then it works. :/

Dec 30, 2016 5:53 AM

Jan 2010
Phraze said:
@logic340
@Phraze where you at?
address or timezone? gmt +8. not sure if it'll help things since my sleeptime fluctuates. all-nighter until recently.
There is no reason for me to panic as I feel that this train will work itself out while I use my POV to start figuring out alignment.
we sure think alike. besides that, paranoia in general helps me sort out ppl's alignments.
I meant where you at like where are you at in the thread. Sorry should have been more specific. Leading the vote does have it's advantages disadvantages too but I can really see things differently than if I had no heat at all. Just the way people approach me right now feel different than anything I have faced so far in my mafia career. I hope I get good information and experience from this

Dec 30, 2016 5:53 AM

Aug 2014
Vote: Lord_Sithis
Your read list was more of a summary of events. Some of the players had a little analysis, but in other cases, like mine, it just mentioned some posts I made, including some irrelevant ones like my RVS vote.

There is certainly enough information for you to commit to a scumread and vote for the player you are suspicious of at this point. Avoiding making tgat commitment is suspicious.

If it is just because you haven't completely caught up yet, I would like to see a vote when you have.
Be like this seal. It is a happy seal.
~Review Guidelines~ | ~Recommendation Guidelines~ | ~Mafia Society~
Dec 30, 2016 6:13 AM

Oct 2011
@logic340
scum triggered ur train for sure, and maybe jumped off. noticed some ppl changed vote from u? Gruffin is right tho, u have been very selfconscious of ur posts and behavior. but she's doing the same thing herself soooo null point. cheers to the dogfight
I meant where you at like where are you at in the thread. Sorry should have been more specific. Leading the vote does have it's advantages disadvantages too but I can really see things differently than if I had no heat at all. Just the way people approach me right now feel different than anything I have faced so far in my mafia career. I hope I get good information and experience from this
up to date. kinda stalked while eating lunch >w> a bit lazy to reread/quote everything, and some things confused me along the way, but I got almost everything memorized~
anddd coming from someone who was mislynched twice, pls don't bask in the glory of being a train lmao. ur prob enjoying it tho...since u were never suspected in all ur games.

Dec 30, 2016 6:20 AM

Oct 2014
Grapefruit21 said:
@Sonata you express not wanting to lynch day 1 but your first post is as the 3rd vote on a train. If you feel the lynch is necessary why bring up your reluctance to lynch? And if you don't want to actually follow through why immediately deflate any pressure your vote could give? Can you explain how you reconcile those two statements?

@Gruffin Can you describe your general approach to day 1s? Especially when one that has mostly moved out of RVS. I want to understand your mindset as you are in the middle of a lot of things right now.

@rosielovesanime If you've had time to read the rest of the thread has your opinion on me changed?

@LucianRoy Can you talk through your buddying with Soren? It reads very differently to me from Atsuki no Yona.

@ people not posting the day phases are too short to lurk through and coast if I can't find scum I will lynch a lurker. And stop posting walls that are +80% summaries of what has happened. That's what notes are for.

I brought up the reluctance to lynch becaues I always do, and if I didn't this time around people would be weirded out by it, since it'd be unusual. Regardless, I now know what good it makes in a forum mafia setting (after we pretty much won thanks for a day 1 random lynch) so I choose to vote up now. My reason why I dislike them is not because I think they're bad for town, it's mostly cause being lynched day 1 feels real bad when it happens to me, specially if I have a good role.

logic340 said:
@Grapefruit phase change on MAL can get pretty hectic when people who have skipped must of the phase want to show up and vote. I find an inactive town to be as bad or worse than scum. My last game was full of inactivity which lead to active town getting the lynch and modkills moving things forward rather quickly. I do not want a repeat of that.

@Sonata you appear to be caught up do you have any reads yet?

I scumread Gruffin, because of what I quoted in #250 (that's why I asked him about it). I find it rather suspicious that he chose to change his behaviour in this game in particular from his usual townie, and that he admitted so only after being questioned about it instead of placing a disclaimer beforehand if he was knowingly doing so.

Vote change: Gruffin

Ah, and I usually dont make hella long posts early on, so dw about that.
Dec 30, 2016 7:22 AM

Jan 2010
_0x40_ said:
logic340 said:
inactive from like 5 players I am sure there is scum among the active players but nothing I would consider a slip up so far. You're start feels a little more like our first game together but that may just be due to the early interactions with me taking a more passive role to start.

No special reason I greeted many players as they made their first posts.
I see this as you trying too hard. You are either scum trying to frame me or just really hoping I am scum this game. I will give you more reads but you have never seen me give a scum read on page 3. The Phraze reaction was fluff but if you want to view it as alignment indicative I guess I'll have to accept that.

Could you elaborate on what you mean by "trying too hard?" Trying too hard to do what exactly? Why is the trying "too hard?"
Now that "trying too hard" has been explained how do you feel about Gruffin's case against me? Also do you think that my use of the phrase "trying too hard" is the correct usage in this instance now that it has been explained?

Dec 30, 2016 7:26 AM

May 2012
Catching up.
Dec 30, 2016 7:31 AM

Jan 2010
Kit said:
Grapefruit21 said:
Gruff do you have examples of Lucian scum hunting? Maybe they're subtler than I'm looking for but I don't see it apart from his interaction with me. I just don't see his and Sorens convo as anything but banter. But like I said I'll take another look.
I'm not the one you asked but when Lucian told me about Gambler's Fallacy I took that as subtle scum hunting because I've done the same thing to test the reaction from someone I thought was scum with a lame excuse to vote Edit: i mean, not vote but pointing suspicion. it was very early in the game
How does Lucian bringing up Gambler Fallacy equate to scumhunting?

Dec 30, 2016 8:07 AM

May 2012
Is that Logic scumhunting I see? Nice.
logic340 said:
Gruffin seems like she was forcing the read on me. It hasn't really bore fruit and the vote is still there. @Gruffin how do you feel about Soren's case against you?
I was hoping to keep this tactic under wraps for longer, but I think now’s a good time to address my reasons behind going after you so hard…

Logic’s a player I’d like to get a read on as soon as possible since he’s a great asset as town and someone I like to work with. He was acting scummy early on, so pressuring him in the way that I did felt like the best option to accomplish this. If he’s town who has changed playstyles, then I was hoping that it would show, and given his recents posts I’m starting to believe that. Reason #2 would be that such a confrontation is a great way to start conversation and get information into the game early on, looks like it worked out splendidly.

Hmm. Not entirely sure what to think about Soren. He’s accusing me and defending you in his case, so...Possible buddying? That or I’ve actually confused him. I’d like to believe the later because he has been working to gamesolve so far. What do you think of this Logic?
Sonata said:
What prompted you to change your behaviour this game in particular?
I thought I gave my reason clearly? I was unsatisfied with my previous games so I changed. There isn’t anything specific about this game that convinced me to do so. How does this question serve you? What information about me did you hope to gain from it?
Grapefruit21 said:
Hm. Well my only other towngames involved frustrating amounts of inactivity (Often leaving us in RVS for far too long), so D1 was often spent trying to get people to talk so I could have something to go off of. I was killed off very early in both games.
Sonata said:
I scumread Gruffin, because of what I quoted in #250 (that's why I asked him about it). I find it rather suspicious that he chose to change his behaviour in this game in particular from his usual townie, and that he admitted so only after being questioned about it instead of placing a disclaimer beforehand if he was knowingly doing so.
Any other reads? Any more questions for me?

Edit: Grammar
GruffinDec 30, 2016 8:13 AM
Dec 30, 2016 8:17 AM

May 2012
Vote Change: Sonata
I like my vote here.
Dec 30, 2016 8:36 AM

Jan 2010
logic340 said:

So based on this post I will ask some question of the inactive players:
@Phraze are you going to be more active? Hard to make a read on you when you have like 3 posts. If you are caught up is there a reason your vote is still on me?
@aa-dono only page 2? Things are slow going for you at the moment. Will yo be more active later?
@Lord_Sithis have you finished catching up? Your vote on Gruffin was RVS are you going to leave it there and how do you feel about the case against Gruffin?
@rosielovesanime - These 4 posts aren't enough to go off of. What are your thoughts on my train? What are your thoughts on the case against Gruffin?
@Bursama - Twice you have asked questions that I responded to in the next post. If you don't answer them I am going to think you are not interested in what I had to say which I feel is scummy.
@Sonata - Do you have any other reads so far? What are your thoughts on the other inactive players? Will you be more active later?
@Mishukax - Yeah you are now falling under this list too. You haven't posted since page 2. What are your thoughts on the current trains?

So with Mishu being added to this list the inactive players now make up half (7/15) of the total player list. This game has a few really active people carrying the thread. I understand it's the holiday season but I couldn't continue to be passive/inactive with so many others not contributing. and me leading the vote. I am all for lynching an inactive in the hopes of not losing multiple active players per phase. We dealt with rampant inactivity in The Great Terror which was a great source of frustration.

Time to get these town blocks going. I feel good about Soren and Grapefruit they are both really working the game and looking at behavior more than anyone else at this point.

Gruffin said:
logic340 said:
Gruffin seems like she was forcing the read on me. It hasn't really bore fruit and the vote is still there. @Gruffin how do you feel about Soren's case against you?
I was hoping to keep this tactic under wraps for longer, but I think now’s a good time to address my reasons behind going after you so hard…

Logic’s a player I’d like to get a read on as soon as possible since he’s a great asset as town and someone I like to work with. He was acting scummy early on, so pressuring him in the way that I did felt like the best option to accomplish this. If he’s town who has changed playstyles, then I was hoping that it would show, and given his recents posts I’m starting to believe that. Reason #2 would be that such a confrontation is a great way to start conversation and get information into the game early on, looks like it worked out splendidly.

Hmm. Not entirely sure what to think about Soren. He’s accusing me and defending you in his case, so...Possible buddying? That or I’ve actually confused him. I’d like to believe the later because he has been working to gamesolve so far. What do you think of this Logic?
Sonata said:
What prompted you to change your behaviour this game in particular?
I thought I gave my reason clearly? I was unsatisfied with my previous games so I changed. There isn’t anything specific about this game that convinced me to do so. How does this question serve you? What information about me did you hope to gain from it?
Grapefruit21 said:
Hm. Well my only other towngames involved frustrating amounts of inactivity (Often leaving us in RVS for far too long), so D1 was often spent trying to get people to talk so I could have something to go off of. I was killed off very early in both games.
Sonata said:

It sounds good and I hope that it's true because it will give us plenty of people to look at but I can't just take that at face value. I will go back over things and think about your mindset. If what you are saying is true then I hope that your strategy bears fruit and helps us lynch scum.

Dec 30, 2016 9:24 AM

Oct 2014
logic340 said:
logic340 said:

So based on this post I will ask some question of the inactive players:
@Phraze are you going to be more active? Hard to make a read on you when you have like 3 posts. If you are caught up is there a reason your vote is still on me?
@aa-dono only page 2? Things are slow going for you at the moment. Will yo be more active later?
@Lord_Sithis have you finished catching up? Your vote on Gruffin was RVS are you going to leave it there and how do you feel about the case against Gruffin?
@rosielovesanime - These 4 posts aren't enough to go off of. What are your thoughts on my train? What are your thoughts on the case against Gruffin?
@Bursama - Twice you have asked questions that I responded to in the next post. If you don't answer them I am going to think you are not interested in what I had to say which I feel is scummy.
@Sonata - Do you have any other reads so far? What are your thoughts on the other inactive players? Will you be more active later?
@Mishukax - Yeah you are now falling under this list too. You haven't posted since page 2. What are your thoughts on the current trains?

So with Mishu being added to this list the inactive players now make up half (7/15) of the total player list. This game has a few really active people carrying the thread. I understand it's the holiday season but I couldn't continue to be passive/inactive with so many others not contributing. and me leading the vote. I am all for lynching an inactive in the hopes of not losing multiple active players per phase. We dealt with rampant inactivity in The Great Terror which was a great source of frustration.

Time to get these town blocks going. I feel good about Soren and Grapefruit they are both really working the game and looking at behavior more than anyone else at this point.

Gruffin said:

It sounds good and I hope that it's true because it will give us plenty of people to look at but I can't just take that at face value. I will go back over things and think about your mindset. If what you are saying is true then I hope that your strategy bears fruit and helps us lynch scum.

Yeah, I'll be more active after day 1, no worries, usually I'm not too active day 1 just because I'm bad at reading people just like that.

Regarding reads, I also scumread rosie (though it might just be that she's new why her actions irk me as scum), and I'm not fully trusting Mishukax (he's got a good mafia game, and this game while not suspicious he's behaving like he has in most games I've seen him as mafia). And Bursama is also behaving weird, but isn't it his first game too? So I'm not sure.

Regardless, I'm pretty happy with my vote as it stands, and I'm confident it'll not be changing for the rest of the day seeing that instead of defending herself Gruffin is just voting against me out of spite or something because I voted her up, trying to switch attention I suppose.

@Gruffin it's not the fact that you changed (something I can't confirm) that irks me, it's that you only gave these explanations once someone else called you out on your unusual behavior. Like, if it was that big a change that someone else noticed and asked you about it, one would think it's big enough to warrant a disclaimer when you're about to start the game that you're gonna be playing like that now, else it makes the puzzle a lot more complicated because no one can know if you were doing it on purpose of if this is your mafia game. Specially when this forum setting had lots of people rvs voting and filling up the first pages with memes to get a discussion going, it was a good chance to do so then, like, yeah. All in my opinion at least.
Dec 30, 2016 9:28 AM
Jul 2018
@logic340 I was sleeping, I'm going to finish catching up now.
Dec 30, 2016 9:28 AM

Aug 2013
logic340 said:
LucianRoy said:

But not this one?
This question has been answered. What purpose does it serve right now?

I thought it was funny how you didn' say "ALL my games have been town." Nothing more.

LucianRoy said:
This was Atsuki no Yona: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1530927

Soren and I did the exact same thing, but I think my list was wildly inaccurate and made-up. Here my list might still have some merit.

@Logic, you keep mentioning that you're attempting to change your meta, through extrapolation, I'm guessing you're referencing your town meta, (since you've only been town in all your previous games), but what is it you're trying to change exactly?
From what I understand Meta is the way you perceived by others based on habits in posting and the way you behave as a certain party. So what I am trying to change is my early town meta. I'm currently leading the lynch 1st time ever (I'd say it's working slightly). Basically before my first scum game I want to change the way people view me so I will be able to blend in better. You were in The Great Terror you saw why I am going to go about things in a different manner.

I thought you did fine in the great terror. Scum just fucked with you.
Not sure changing your meta into being the No. 1 lynch candidate is a good idea.

LucianRoy said:

Isn't there anything I've posted that's AI?
There has to be.
What does AI mean?

Alignment Indicative.

Kit said:
@LucianRoy are you still feeling town vibes from 0x40 like you were early on?

My page 2 good impressions of him aren't really there anymore. He's moved into more of my neutral pile because of his beating around the bush with all these "is this alignment indicative" nah man "THIS is alignment indicative" back and forths.
I like your vote. Good work good work.

logic340 said:
LucianRoy said:

Isn't there anything I've posted that's AI?
There has to be.
Nah, not really is there some kind of cryptic post that I have missed out on? I'm already wary of you based on how I easily town ready you (even wanted you to be town). I will say you seem to be in the spotlight and not really playing it safe which I find to be very town like things.

Alright, take Soren for example. He's beaten me as scum before, he's beaten me as town before, he's probably beaten me as third party. I've been absorbing and observing practically all of his posts because sorting him early is really important b/c everyone always thinks he looks so damn town no matter what alignment he is. If you really wanted to sort me, I feel like you'd be doing something similar, which to my knowledge, you aren't? Or at least, you don't seem to be.
"If you look for a ghost, you'll find one."
Dec 30, 2016 9:29 AM

Jan 2010
Lord_Sithis said:
@logic340 I was sleeping, I'm going to finish catching up now.
awesome I look forward to chatting with you.

Dec 30, 2016 9:31 AM

Aug 2013
logic340 said:
@LucianRoy I noticed that you don't always use a users full name when tagging them. You are tagging other MAL users and not the person you intended. There is a user name logic so you tagged them instead of me. In the quote above you tagged rosie but I am sure that rosielovesanime didn't get a tag notification.

Maybe we'll recruit more people to play for future games.
Dec 30, 2016 9:35 AM

Aug 2013
logic340 said:
Do you mean it was something in their first few posts or are you saying their first post made you suspicious?

It started with their first post yeah. As I continued to read however the feeling never went away. I'm going to reread as soon as I can. Reading the analysis has made me want to try and see things in and different light.

Dec 30, 2016 9:41 AM

Aug 2012
logic340 said:
Yess since I'm reading posts in between chores and tour duties among others ==
Getting a tag asking about my activity when I already lay out my schedule is slightly ..... irksome.
But well, I'm gonna catch up now before I go to bed since I won't be able to access PC tomorrow so def not gonna do a lot of backreading. It's only until Sunday - so by Monday (most people's Sunday, I think), I'd be free again = I'll be here a lot more for Day 2 [or nk-ed T_T ]

Anyone in particular you'd like me to read?
You're the leading train, right? What's your opinion on those in your train?

Dec 30, 2016 9:44 AM

Aug 2013
PentaFlare said:
Your read list was more of a summary of events. Some of the players had a little analysis, but in other cases, like mine, it just mentioned some posts I made, including some irrelevant ones like my RVS vote.

There is certainly enough information for you to commit to a scumread and vote for the player you are suspicious of at this point. Avoiding making tgat commitment is suspicious.

If it is just because you haven't completely caught up yet, I would like to see a vote when you have.

@Soren, does aggro Penta feel town? Or does he feel overdone?
Dec 30, 2016 9:47 AM

Aug 2013
logic340 said:
Kit said:
I'm not the one you asked but when Lucian told me about Gambler's Fallacy I took that as subtle scum hunting because I've done the same thing to test the reaction from someone I thought was scum with a lame excuse to vote Edit: i mean, not vote but pointing suspicion. it was very early in the game

Gambler's Fallacy. Real thing.
(have I caught scum yet?)
Dec 30, 2016 9:54 AM

Jan 2010
LucianRoy said:
logic340 said:

LucianRoy said:
logic340 said:

I understand the term Gambler Fallacy means (read the wiki) but I don't see how you saying that equates to scum hunting. Is there something I am missing?

Dec 30, 2016 9:55 AM

Jan 2010
aa-dono said:
logic340 said:
Yess since I'm reading posts in between chores and tour duties among others ==
Getting a tag asking about my activity when I already lay out my schedule is slightly ..... irksome.
But well, I'm gonna catch up now before I go to bed since I won't be able to access PC tomorrow so def not gonna do a lot of backreading. It's only until Sunday - so by Monday (most people's Sunday, I think), I'd be free again = I'll be here a lot more for Day 2 [or nk-ed T_T ]

Anyone in particular you'd like me to read?
You're the leading train, right? What's your opinion on those in your train?
Well half 6 others would fall under what I call inactive so it makes it hard to get reads. You could share your thoughts on any of the active players though that would be fine. My train hasn't bothered me much:
-Phraze was RVS and knowing Phraze I am not going to read too much into it. though I do wish she was more active thus far.
-Mishu has a plan of some sort but their inactivity is irksome as well. I don't mind being the center of their plan/strategy but give us some other things to go off of. Silence isn't golden in this situation.
-PentaFlare says they were there for pressure. I didn't see a need to aggressively protect myself though I think that is what Penta wanted to see from me.
-Sonata has moved their vote to Gruffin
-Gruffin has moved their vote to Sonata

I actually think Gruffin is the current vote leader with 4 If I am not mistaken.

Dec 30, 2016 9:56 AM

Aug 2013
logic340 said:
LucianRoy said:

I understand the term Gambler Fallacy means (read the wiki) but I don't see how you saying that equates to scum hunting. Is there something I am missing?

Is there something I'm missing?
Dec 30, 2016 9:57 AM

Aug 2014
LucianRoy said:
PentaFlare said:

@Soren, does aggro Penta feel town? Or does he feel overdone?

Always overdone. Burnt to a crisp when possible.
Be like this seal. It is a happy seal.
~Review Guidelines~ | ~Recommendation Guidelines~ | ~Mafia Society~
Dec 30, 2016 10:00 AM

Aug 2012
Grapefruit21 said:
@LucianRoy Unvote
Vote: LucianRoy
I don't like your 115. I've been pretty committed to my views since 84.
Lucian's 115 was him liking Penta's post. Why did that earn him a vote but not Penta who said that you were non-committal?
Grapefruit21 said:
EBWDP: Commited to my read after 115. Seems like a strange time to bring it up.

And re my experience where is that read coming from because I was getting the opposite vibe early that I was being pressured due to my non-committal stance which (to me) screamed I was a new player and afraid to take a hard stand.
Hu? Committed to reads after 115..? So Lucian's 115 should make sense since you're committed after that, not before.

Dec 30, 2016 10:02 AM

Jan 2010
LucianRoy said:
logic340 said:

Is there something I'm missing?
This only serves to confuse me further I guess I will wait for Kit to answer

Dec 30, 2016 10:14 AM

Jan 2010
aa-dono said:
Grapefruit21 said:
@LucianRoy Unvote
Vote: LucianRoy
I don't like your 115. I've been pretty committed to my views since 84.
Lucian's 115 was him liking Penta's post. Why did that earn him a vote but not Penta who said that you were non-committal?
Grapefruit21 said:
EBWDP: Commited to my read after 115. Seems like a strange time to bring it up.

And re my experience where is that read coming from because I was getting the opposite vibe early that I was being pressured due to my non-committal stance which (to me) screamed I was a new player and afraid to take a hard stand.
Hu? Committed to reads after 115..? So Lucian's 115 should make sense since you're committed after that, not before.
You really need to get to the later pages that stuff has been hashed out and I think you will find the answers you are looking for later on.

Dec 30, 2016 10:24 AM

Jan 2008
logic340 said:
Kit said:
I explained it in the post you quoted. I did the same thing to Gruffin in day 1 of CCL because she had no "real" evidence to suspect crossbell, so I was testing to see if she was pointing suspicion for no reason (what scum would do). Maybe Lucian was just trying to look smart but it was good enough for me since we has commenting on a supposed read.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . anime . manga . updates . ♫♪. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Dec 30, 2016 10:27 AM

Aug 2012
PentaFlare said:
Vote: @logic340
You are currently leading in votes. You've acknowledged this and said you are happy to have this opportunity because it hasn't happened before but you haven't done anything about it. You can't just wait for votes to go away. If you are town, show everyone you are town. Convince people that the target you are voting for merits their votes because your target is scum. Get people to move their votes.

If you are town, then you are letting players leave their votes pressuring you when they could be extracting information from scum with those votes.

Edit: Fixed my subject-verb agreement
I dislike this vote. logic already lead the train at this point, and Penta answered to Soren later that he realizes that most votes on logic had no real reason. This vote was supposed to make logic respond to those votes. But logic did replied. To Gruffin. There was really nothing much he could defend about with the other votes. This feels like a ummm an echo of some sort to Gruffin's post regarding logic not having scumreads.

[To everyone: eehhh I'm having an anxiety breakdown on vocabulary and this language in general so bear with my posts for now T_T ]

Dec 30, 2016 10:31 AM

Jan 2010
Kit said:
logic340 said:
I explained it in the post you quoted. I did the same thing to Gruffin in day 1 of CCL because she had no "real" evidence to suspect crossbell, so I was testing to see if she was pointing suspicion for no reason (what scum would do). Maybe Lucian was just trying to look smart but it was good enough for me since we has commenting on a supposed read.
I still don't see how using that term equates to scum-hunting. Especially when you and I were just fluffing.

Dec 30, 2016 10:32 AM

Aug 2013
logic340 said:

Sorry about that. Writing on the phone is hard and I have to spend time with family...

My thoughts on your train is that I can see why people would mistrust you, but I don't think your scum. You are a smart player which scum would out quick right?

Same with Gruffin. He doesn't read like scum to me, more of trying to get info.

Right now I am leaning towards 0x40. Probably will change my vote once I get a better read later tonight.
sonata said:

I also scumread rosie (though it might just be that she's new why her actions irk me as scum)

To be fair I probably couldn't act scum if I tried ;p

@grapefruit21 yeah she/her is fine!

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (56) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [GAME] (* ̄・ ̄)ノ Count to 30 Before a Slightly Inebriated MEMBER Posts! v1 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SoulEaterQUEEN - Mar 26, 2016

1990 by Serafos »»
Aug 17, 9:42 PM

» [GAME] Say something about the person above you ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Jul 19, 2014

3811 by Serafos »»
Aug 17, 9:42 PM

» [GAME] Last Letter Game ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

grave_robber - Sep 9, 2014

8751 by Serafos »»
Aug 17, 9:41 PM

» [GAME] (* ̄・ ̄)ノ Count to 30 Before a Slightly Inebriated Staff Member Posts! v4 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Togs - Jul 2, 2017

2867 by Serafos »»

» Count To 7777 V3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lambtron - May 15, 2018

1160 by Serafos »»
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.