Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 17, 2009 11:59 PM

Nov 2008
Maybe I missed it or not, but I don't remember anyone in this series using glasses. Maybe Rudolf really hated people with glasses and eradicated everyone using them or humanity chose to use Oberstein eyes type of prosthetic to correct myopia.

Another thing I noticed, no one had a Japanese name. For a Japanese anime not having a Japanese character in a multiracial setting is kind of unusual. I wonder if there is an answer to that.

Last thing. All Alliance's spaceships weren't capable of landing. I wonder why FPA didn't reverse engineered the Empire technology, so their spaceships could do that. I think this could have made the Rosehitters life a little easier during those landing operations.
Eo tempore, cum tibi occuri,
Mihi vita laeta fuit,
Cum autem te nusquam conspexi,
Eo tempore mortem cognovi
Jul 28, 2009 6:44 AM

Feb 2005
It's true about the glasses, where the hell are all the megane characters? ._.

As for the lack of Japanese inspirations, it might have been a point on the authors side, to not drag in his own culture as to contradict the common tropes about everything happening in your own country and having ties to your culture. Or maybe he didn't think about it at all.

And about the spaceships, I'd imagine it's due to the budget. The FPA was a lot smaller and less well established than the empire (Wasn't it?) and their ships all have a much more utilitarian feel to them, by being much smaller and having seemingly cheaper designed fighter bays as well as all the antennas and stuff, while the Imperial ships were bigger and had more elaborate designs seeming more expensive.
Jul 28, 2009 7:06 AM

Apr 2009
Well I guess they decided that contact lenses were cooler at some point...

BTW didn't some imperial high nobles have monocles? One of Frederick's fleet admirals had one I think...

EDIT:
Yeah it was Ehrenberg.
Alas86Jul 28, 2009 7:24 AM
Jul 28, 2009 9:18 AM

Mar 2008
During Rudolph's rule the Empire used to kill everyone who had deficient genes. That may be the reason why there are very few characters with glasses.
Jul 29, 2009 1:04 PM

Nov 2008
Alas86 said:
Well I guess they decided that contact lenses were cooler at some point...

BTW didn't some imperial high nobles have monocles? One of Frederick's fleet admirals had one I think...

EDIT:
Yeah it was Ehrenberg.

Yeah, I forgot about him. He was pretty cool design wise. I wanted to see more of him.
Eo tempore, cum tibi occuri,
Mihi vita laeta fuit,
Cum autem te nusquam conspexi,
Eo tempore mortem cognovi
Jul 29, 2009 2:39 PM
Nov 2007
What i don't get is how did Yang escape that battle with Kirchies when he does that u formation..... Maybe i saw some part, but i remember Yang saying Kirchies have no flaw in that attack....

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 40 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 30, 2008

134 by Unkrowned »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 29, 2008

58 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 25, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

97 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 16, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 1, 2008

73 by leyaf »»
Apr 13, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 27, 2008

89 by MewkiWay »»
Apr 12, 10:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.