Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 17, 2009 10:52 AM

May 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another decent episode.
need to re-watch it sub thought, to more understand of course xD
but ye the romance kicks in
O.o holy shit! hitagi in casual clothes <3
Mayoi is introduced now

Loved the new ED!!!
FabriceJul 17, 2009 11:38 AM
Jul 17, 2009 10:57 AM

Mar 2008
Waiting for the subs.

Anyways, I hope Hitagi stays like her badass selve xD
Jul 17, 2009 1:47 PM

Jun 2008
Wow, I didn't expect them to stay at the park for the entire episode....
Jul 17, 2009 3:28 PM

Feb 2008
Why did he beating up a girl from elementary school. Lmao

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jul 18, 2009 2:10 AM

Jan 2009
GG Takes fucking ages, jesus.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Jul 18, 2009 5:55 AM
Jul 2018
Whoa, pure dialogue episode. The little struggle was nice though.
Hitagi (looked really nice in her clothing) has truly a very cold way to put everything to words xD
Jul 18, 2009 5:04 PM

Dec 2007
ahhh i'm like going through my dictionary and pausing its hilarious.
Jul 18, 2009 5:27 PM

Jun 2008
Best Episode so far...the dialogue were awesome.
Jul 18, 2009 6:10 PM

Oct 2008
I REALLY hope that every episode doesn't consist of Hitagi insulting Koyomi over and over for 15 minutes.

It was funny the first time, but having nearly the exact same situation played out again is kind of hard to justify. Only difference was she was a sliver softer on him and seemed to like him in her own dominating way (a shifty way to suggest she should be his girlfriend seemingly). I had thought she became much nicer at the end of the last episode, but i guess her old personality came back right away.

I found the first two episodes quite good, but this one is definitely losing steam. Hopefully it is the exception, rather than the rule.
Jul 18, 2009 6:23 PM

May 2009
Need subs now!!
Jul 18, 2009 6:29 PM

Dec 2008
The subtitles are already out.

Jul 18, 2009 6:31 PM

Jul 2009
Meh, okay episode I suppose. Koyomi is starting to show his true colors with constant chest and lips shots. Nice to see Hitagi in casual wear she looked more attractive than usual. I kind of got bored with the endless talk hoping something interesting will happen. I bet they had fun riding all those rides. Where were they anyway? it was like they were in some random endless white space with a map that says:

• NOT GUILTY
• GUILTY
• GUILTY
• NOT GUILTY
• GUILTY
• GUILTY
• GUILTY
• NOT GUILTY
• NOT GUILTY
• GUILTY
• GUILTY
• NOT GUILTY
• GUILTY
• GUILTY

What's up with that?
Jul 18, 2009 6:38 PM

Sep 2008
Fabrice said:
hitagi in casual clothes <3

Loved the new ED!!!

^This.. and wait new ED... did not notice that, but I still love it.
Jul 18, 2009 6:59 PM

Jan 2009
Okay shes back to her self old bitch; half of the episode was Senjougahara insulting Koyomi all over the way wich kinda pisses me off since hes really nice to her and I just love him.
Anyway the way he beated Mayoi was totally unecessary and extremely ridiculous.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Jul 18, 2009 7:19 PM

Jul 2009
LOL! Hitagi hitting on Araragi!

Hitagi different clothes and her face in (12:50) LOL!!

Make me a Siggy?
Jul 18, 2009 7:57 PM

Jul 2008
OMG EVIL LAUGH!!
Jul 18, 2009 9:01 PM

Oct 2008
I dont like how she keeps insulting the guy... he is so good to her and she treats him like shit.

If I understood right the episode, she was asking him out in a very bad way and she got rejected correct?

and they introduced another mouthy girl.. great! -.-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_49H_N43jQ

#MakeAnimeGreatAgain

SAY NO MORE LOLI! BRING MORE GENRES EVERY SEASON THAN JUST LOLI
Jul 18, 2009 9:47 PM

Feb 2008
wow...just wow. the long conversation was very interesting. i cant imagine any situation where such a conversation would actually take place.

OJ that face was rather amusing wasn't it.
Jul 18, 2009 10:05 PM

Sep 2008
DarkSageRK said:
It was way too boring. Got a bit more interesting in the last 7 minutes, but I didn't like this one as much as the others.

Exactly. Too much talking, no matter how interesting the conversation was. Sometimes I was just wanted them to move on and get some more supernatural stuff going.
Jul 18, 2009 10:18 PM

Jul 2008
Motoyama said:
Fabrice said:
hitagi in casual clothes <3

Loved the new ED!!!

^This.. and wait new ED... did not notice that, but I still love it.

huh new ED? it sounded just like the previous ones , unless u ment the op (in the subbed one i watched i dunt think there was even a op) O.o

LOL @ Koyomi's evil laugh sounded just too like the Itoshiki sensei >_<

hmm as for the dialogue i found it perfectly interesting imo,
not boring at all

lastly XD at Hitagi hitting on Koyomi, Hitagi in casual clothes was nice =D
Jul 18, 2009 10:31 PM

Sep 2008
it felt like i was watching zetsubou sensei, interesant episode
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Jul 18, 2009 11:28 PM
Jan 2008
loved the whole episode. the different sreen angles and the way they would talk to each other was very funny to me. I like and understand people who talk like that.
Jul 19, 2009 12:06 AM

May 2008
araragi is a dumbass, pedoBEAR, homosexual.
i hav a new favorite character.
PLUS hitagi in casualwear.
moe desu
Jul 19, 2009 1:42 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
not as great as the first 2 but still impressive.

edit: this was my 600th post!
NaruleachJul 21, 2009 11:54 AM
p r o f i l e 👀
Jul 19, 2009 2:49 AM

Dec 2007
Loved the episode, the interactions between Koyomi and Hitagi are just great. I'm really glad that they didn't just shove Hitagi into the background now that new characters are starting to appear and are developing Koyomi x Hitagi :3

Going to rewatch the episode though, since superior subs sucked. Translation was way off at times.
yakisobapanJul 21, 2009 6:18 PM
Jul 19, 2009 2:59 AM

Dec 2007
I loved this episode, who knew Koyomi was such a beastly man xD
I loved their chibi-ish close ups too
Hitomi~vvv

Jul 19, 2009 3:16 AM
Feb 2009
Surprisingly enough, the dialogue which lasted for more than half the episode was actually quite interesting. I mean, it was kinda weird in its presentation, but I think that was definately a good technique. This is probably the show I'm most looking forward to this season. Senjougahara is ZOMGWTFWTF??? Moe moe moe moe moe moe moe.
Jul 19, 2009 4:00 AM
Jan 2009
Loved this episode! I usually find it boring to have long conversations in a anime, but not for this time! Really interesting conversation lolololol
Jul 19, 2009 4:05 AM

Mar 2008
LMAO,

Hitagi is awesome x"D. I am glad she still has her way of speaking.
And the fight with Moyoi was also nice.
Jul 19, 2009 4:15 AM

May 2008
lol that was funny really funny

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jul 19, 2009 4:19 AM

Jan 2009
almost a full episode with a single scene.. if it was any other anime, I doubt I'd liked it, but somehow I find this a really good show, even though nothing really happened xD
Well I guess this is now one of the top 2 for this season, and those 2 are actually both on the first place xD.
really I can't help but to like this show, it's just.. It's gotta be the animation.. or something, kthnxbai
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 19, 2009 4:20 AM

Feb 2008
The best show this season so far.
耳を塞いでも両手をすり抜ける真実に惑うよ。
Jul 19, 2009 4:40 AM

Nov 2008
*unconscious little girl* "the winner is me, as was expected!" *evil laughter* lol!

i liked the episode tought the conversation was a bit too long. I love zetsubou-sensei voice, so it was okey xD.
Jul 19, 2009 4:51 AM

Mar 2009
stayatari said:

I agree.
Jul 19, 2009 4:53 AM

Jan 2009
Gai-Sensei said:
stayatari said:

I agree.
^this, is quite true, although imo it's a shared first place together with Spice&Wolf II : 3
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 19, 2009 5:06 AM

May 2008
Wow, 24 minutes of intense brainwash. Pretty cool.
Jul 19, 2009 5:08 AM

Jan 2009
Myu- said:
Wow, 24 minutes of intense brainwash. Pretty cool.
the funny thing is that it isn't, for the first time I can recall, a bad idea. instead, it's pretty nice for a change. (not like a certain Needless which is just completely worthless brainfuck, which is watched only for the lols, or really.. I don't know why I'm still watching it >.<)
Jul 19, 2009 5:53 AM

Apr 2008
Good lord, Did anybody watch the superior subs version? It's worlds different than gg's and trash in comparison. I feel like I'm watching the epesode again for the first time.

Also, I thought it was funny that the panty shot for the day was of a little girl. Speaking of which, I just thought of this, but are we going to get to see a different girls underwear every episode?

In closing, I effing LOVE this show.
Jul 19, 2009 6:08 AM

Sep 2007
SHAFT is the only studio that can get away with a 20-minute dialogue in one single location the entire time. There was not a single scene where I would not say "This looks pretty damn awesome".

Also, someone beating the crap out of a grade-school-girl is not something you see every day. XD
Jul 19, 2009 7:15 AM

Apr 2009
YennoX said:
Surprisingly enough, the dialogue which lasted for more than half the episode was actually quite interesting. I mean, it was kinda weird in its presentation, but I think that was definately a good technique. This is probably the show I'm most looking forward to this season. Senjougahara is ZOMGWTFWTF??? Moe moe moe moe moe moe moe.

exactly what i was thinking
Jul 19, 2009 7:19 AM

Jan 2009
Awesome episode! I love the artistic aspect of the show, all the hard lines, cubist landscapes and pop art colors. All the perspectives are exaggerated and warped. You just feel like you're entered some strange dimension every time you watch the show.

The conversation and interaction between all the characters is so abnormal and strange, but done in such a nonchalant manner that you can just immerse yourself in the unique flow this show has and enjoy it. It feels like a surrealist dream.

I loved how Araragi had his mind set on helping that girl who gave him momentary relief form his sentiment of loneliness while he thought he had been set up by Stapler Girl. I also loved how what was written on that memo as abstract as the rest of the episode.

Also, did anybody notice that when Araragi tries to give Stapler Girl the memo, she is standing way to close to him to actually take the memo, and then quickly repositions herself to be in line with his hand? It's those little quirks that I just eat up! :) With first Higashi no Eden, then Canaan and now Bakemonogatari, I'm feeling pretty happy with this year's anime lineup!

Even if Requiem for the Phantom turns into a bigger train wreck with every episode... and it has terrible character design... (there, I finally said it!)

:D
Jul 19, 2009 7:44 AM

Feb 2009
well, you think about it the dialogue, although at moments it was getting strange and abnormal, and at some moments it was meking no sence...

The dude beat up a little girl XD

The tricky thing is that if you fight a little girl and win it's shameful, but if you loose it's even more shameful.
It's a Dilemma
Jul 19, 2009 7:45 AM

Mar 2008
Get Nishio Ishin to co- write something with Aaron Sorkin and Quentin Tarantino and we'd have the greatest dialog ever produced in the history of mankind.
Jul 19, 2009 7:47 AM

Aug 2008
I thought that Spice and Wolf was the best in showing nothing but exciting conversation. This episode proved I was wrong.
Jul 19, 2009 7:50 AM

Jun 2009
Zubatuba said:
Awesome episode! I love the artistic aspect of the show, all the hard lines, cubist landscapes and pop art colors. All the perspectives are exaggerated and warped. You just feel like you're entered some strange dimension every time you watch the show.

The conversation and interaction between all the characters is so abnormal and strange, but done in such a nonchalant manner that you can just immerse yourself in the unique flow this show has and enjoy it. It feels like a surrealist dream.

I loved how Araragi had his mind set on helping that girl who gave him momentary relief form his sentiment of loneliness while he thought he had been set up by Stapler Girl. I also loved how what was written on that memo as abstract as the rest of the episode.

That is exactly what I thought about this episode. This show has proven to be the best show this year so far, it is just genius, kudos SHAFT. (Those people who voted below a three need to get burned at the stake for such blasphemy.)
Jul 19, 2009 8:21 AM

Jun 2008
Usually when there so much dialogue in a series, that's goes nowhere. It get me bored pretty easily, but this one made me love it.
Jul 19, 2009 8:46 AM

Jul 2008
Spade said:
SHAFT is the only studio that can get away with a 20-minute dialogue in one single location the entire time. There was not a single scene where I would not say "This looks pretty damn awesome".

Also, someone beating the crap out of a grade-school-girl is not something you see every day. XD

That's just Shaft's magic =D
btw was there the op this ep?
i think the version i watched didnt have one
Jul 19, 2009 9:05 AM
Mar 2009

I lol'ed.
HaiShangJul 19, 2009 9:09 AM
Jul 19, 2009 9:10 AM

Sep 2007
ClearSinz said:
Spade said:

That's just Shaft's magic =D

If SHAFT made it, even Endless Eight would be interesting. XD
Jul 19, 2009 9:17 AM
Mar 2009
wow they were at the park for the entire episode and i didnt understand the point they were getting at

lol at araragi beating up the little kid

True or False
Anime + Manga = Chuck Norris / Chuck Norris
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Sep 25, 2009

688 by JigglypuffSenpai »»
May 11, 4:04 PM

» Watch Order 2024?

GoCrayzee - Jan 27

29 by salarx »»
May 5, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 3, 2009

511 by Dragona_8002 »»
Apr 28, 11:14 AM

» Renai Circulation ost

DexterDrubo - Apr 19

6 by ichinose06 »»
Apr 27, 1:50 AM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

loghneckbeard - Jun 25, 2010

518 by wimpis »»
Apr 21, 6:15 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.