Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Jul 18, 2009 6:49 PM
Dec 2008
im pretty sure endless eight is pretty long cuz:

1. KyoAni made the disappearance arc first, since it was the first one to be told to the "news"
2. Kyo Ani made the sighs second, since it was an entire novel
3. The only way to fill up the rest would be to make more Endless Eight.
im pretty sure EE will end next week, and kyon will succeed in his 6th time.

this is just my speculation btw.
but i think it makes sense if u think like this.
kyoani wanted to fill up the eps well, since they wanted to end the new 14eps with the Disappearance.the only, although not great, best way was to make more EE.
Jul 18, 2009 7:09 PM

Apr 2009
The problem is not about how much epsiodes will be use for endless eight is about how much episodes will left voor de other story in season 2. If there is only 14 new epsiodes then i can only say they sucks.
Jul 18, 2009 7:17 PM

Jul 2008
kaena said:
im pretty sure endless eight is pretty long cuz:

1. KyoAni made the disappearance arc first, since it was the first one to be told to the "news"
2. Kyo Ani made the sighs second, since it was an entire novel
3. The only way to fill up the rest would be to make more Endless Eight.

this is just my speculation btw.
but i think it makes sense if u think like this.
kyoani wanted to fill up the eps well, since they wanted to end the new 14eps with the Disappearance.the only, although not great, best way was to make more EE.

Mostly your right....

1.Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody (worked on 2007)
2.Disappearance (worked on 2008)
3.Sighs (worked on 2008 and 2009)
4.Endless Eight ( worked on 2009)

Mostly there some parts to change?

1. KyoAni made the Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody arc first, since it was the first one to be told to the "news"
2. Kyo Ani made the Disappearance second, since it was an entire novel and was second to be told to the "news"
3. Kyo Ani made the sighs third, since it was an entire novel.
4.The only way to fill up the rest would be to make more Endless Eight.
Jul 18, 2009 8:15 PM

Jun 2009
leefan said:
[...]there are two ways to make a good anime - either think up something no one else has ever thought up, or to execute it beautifully.

src: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=65034&show=40#msg2580223

Perhaps, the way Endless Eight have been made - that it is rather unique in the sense that no other anime has purposefully had consecutive episodes that have at least 95% identical content in each of these episodes - would eventually make Haruhi Season 2 a good anime.

(or maybe, no one else has ever thought of repeating the same episode at least 5 times because it simply is a suicidal move? hmm...)
Jul 18, 2009 9:10 PM

Jun 2007
I didn't read through the past posts but does anyone else but me pick up that an 8 turned on it's side is the symbol for infinity. Kinda makes the title make sense. I thought about it when Kyon was drawing it.

About the only joy I got from this episode was laughing at Itsuki in a speedo.

I've Been Watching Anime for 20 years now. Can you beat that?
Jul 18, 2009 9:14 PM

Dec 2007
It's funny, most of you say "i hate it, i will drop this anime soon"
but you know your going to check every ep no matter what. because you truley are interested in the story line of the damn anime xD

i 5/5 this one ^_~
Jul 18, 2009 9:49 PM

Oct 2008
Come on Kyon say something! I'm starting to feel like a little like Yuki here.
Jul 18, 2009 10:19 PM

May 2007
It's like they're encouraging people to go read the novel to find out how the fuck does the loop end. :P
Or just read spoilers.
Which is what I did.
D:

Jul 18, 2009 10:27 PM

Jul 2008

hmm makes perfect sense lol

why does this not surprise me?
Jul 18, 2009 10:31 PM

Jul 2009
Once again we have been troll'd, Itsuki in a speedo was just funny. I find it funny that some people didn't know that the 8 means the infinity sign sideways until now, hence the title 'Endless Eight'.
Jul 19, 2009 7:10 AM

Sep 2008
This season is so much fail. Very few will buy the season on dvd and the few that do will simply be considered fanboy idiots

Personally I'm not even watching this again until ep 8-9 when this stops (I haven't watched ep 5 and 6). Also this won't be getting higher score than 5 from me no matter what comes after this and if the reason for the timeloop is something like "haruhi wanted to do summer homework with Kyon" then I will drop the rating to 1-2.
Jul 19, 2009 8:00 AM

Mar 2009
Mephz said:
This season is so much fail. Very few will buy the season on dvd and the few that do will simply be considered fanboy idiots

Personally I'm not even watching this again until ep 8-9 when this stops (I haven't watched ep 5 and 6). Also this won't be getting higher score than 5 from me no matter what comes after this and if the reason for the timeloop is something like "haruhi wanted to do summer homework with Kyon" then I will drop the rating to 1-2.

I lol'd because I've read the manga.
Jul 19, 2009 8:43 AM

Jul 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqy8x-zKuKw

watch this!

Someone posted this.
SealkidJul 19, 2009 11:26 AM
Jul 19, 2009 9:41 AM

Mar 2009
SealkidHaruhiism said:

watch this!

And I agree with him.
I'm not going to bitch and moan though.
Jul 19, 2009 10:06 AM

Sep 2007
SealkidHaruhiism said:

watch this!

An apology from an ex-Director won't cut it. I still expect to read news about KyoAni HQ being burned down any day...
Jul 19, 2009 10:31 AM

Mar 2009
Spade said:
SealkidHaruhiism said:

watch this!

An apology from an ex-Director won't cut it. I still expect to read news about KyoAni HQ being burned down any day...

That's the stupidest idea I've ever heard. x_x
If they burn it down, then they definitely won't get more Haruhi episodes and they'll have to continue airing Endless Eight to make up for the missing episodes. xDi
Jul 19, 2009 10:44 AM

Dec 2008
"But its a secret!"

Lol.
He knew this would get online and such, but he was having a good time so he answered and joked around with the "don't put this on the internet".
「Godspeed You! Black Emperor」
Jul 19, 2009 10:47 AM

Sep 2007
FaintBrushfire said:
Spade said:
SealkidHaruhiism said:

watch this!

If they burn it down, then they definitely won't get more Haruhi episodes and they'll have to continue airing Endless Eight to make up for the missing episodes. xDi

I'd be willing to sacrifice the rest of the season for justice. KyoAni needs to pay, not with money but with their blood.
Jul 19, 2009 10:52 AM

Apr 2009
Spade said:
FaintBrushfire said:
Spade said:
SealkidHaruhiism said:

watch this!

I'd be willing to sacrifice the rest of the season for justice. KyoAni needs to pay, not with money but with their blood.

Meh, I'd rather burn down and kill Kadokawa...
Jul 19, 2009 11:39 AM

Mar 2008
Well, several little goodies and lots of stunning visuals this time around making it a really unique and very good repetition.

But it's still a repetition with lots of boring parts. I really think it's stupid to do it one more time in this episode. Since they will likely make a difference only in the last part of the next episode and still need one more episode to resolve all of this they seem to really make endless eight an 8 episode arc. I'm not a big fan of this idea, but I won't cry over spilt milk. It seems we are pretty much over the mountain and the things we really waited for will soon come.

Personally I can't understand all the guys running wild over this. It's just an anime show. Not worth burning any homes or getting angry about.
Jul 19, 2009 1:33 PM

Sep 2007
-flow- said:
Spade said:
FaintBrushfire said:
Spade said:
SealkidHaruhiism said:

watch this!

Meh, I'd rather burn down and kill Kadokawa...

I know it's Kadokawa's fault but their name is 8 letters long, KyoAni only has six. I'm trying to win back the time I lost to Endless Eight by saving those two letters every time.

Forever said:
Personally I can't understand all the guys running wild over this. It's just an anime show. Not worth burning any homes or getting angry about.

I don't even particularly like Haruhi, I'm just trying to throw some more oil into the fire and get the discussion back into action. It's been getting too quiet around here...
Jul 19, 2009 1:38 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007

Did no one see Luffy in this pic?

Oh well, I enjoyed the episode again. The alternations were really nice and funny, and the outfits looked awesome again. Just like the backgrounds. KyoAni is still kickass. Other than that, my opinion's not changed.

Oh and can you novel bitches put your spoilers in spoiler tags? Thanks, idiots.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 19, 2009 2:21 PM
Jul 2009
the episodes are all called the endless eight.
so of course it's not going to end until episode eight sillies.
I personally love this idea, only the creators of Haruhi Suzumiya would be gutsy enough to try and pull this off. It's a hard task to accomplish, repeating so much and still making it interesting and full of life.
Plus we get to see a lot more into the character of Nagato :D
who is my favourite *-*
Jul 19, 2009 2:36 PM
Nov 2007
Just so you know: That moonphase quote you're throwing around doesn't mean what you think it does. All it says is this:

"If they end up adding a cour so it's 42 episodes instead of 28, then I wouldn't mind if Endless Eight goes on all the way through August."

No announcement, no inside information. You should have learned by now that information about Haruhi is always kept secret until the last moment.
Jul 19, 2009 3:06 PM

Sep 2008
Quality recursion! 5 out of 5: Loved it! (your vote)
Jul 19, 2009 3:38 PM

Nov 2008
what can i say?...Well atleast i give 5/5 to episode that end this.
Jul 19, 2009 3:54 PM
Jul 2018
I'm so pissed at Kyon. UGH. I thought he was going to stop her! It repeated itself quite a lot at the end. That confused me a lot.

AND LOL Itsuki was in a speedo xDD

Itsuki in a speedo & the playground scene was basically all I enjoyed. Everything else was crap... but I must continue. -.-

Oh, and "The number you have called has been..." lolz @ Kyon's voice.

3/5, definitely.
Jul 19, 2009 4:09 PM
Dec 2008
Save Haruhi, There some new to enjoy.

Let's save Kyoani.
Jul 19, 2009 6:06 PM

May 2009
Well, I'm still not disliking these episodes. The small changes and different angles are nice and the animation is great.
But it's still somewhat annoying and boring to watch.

It's okay.
Jul 19, 2009 7:38 PM
Jan 2009
I hate this arc, how can anyone stand this?!
Jul 19, 2009 8:59 PM

Jul 2008
I don't know if anyone noticed it, but the past 3 episodes are almost exactly the same. LOL
DesuManJul 19, 2009 10:12 PM
Jul 19, 2009 10:04 PM
Apr 2009
DesuMan said:
I don't know if anyone noticed it, but the past 3 episodes are almost exactly the same.
This is news to me.
Jul 19, 2009 10:06 PM

May 2009
DesuMan said:
I don't know if anyone noticed it, but the past 3 episodes are almost exactly the same.

This is news to me.

I lold hard at this whole thing

First of all, I saw that the directing and camera angles were better, probably the best ep out of the total 6 right now. Anyways:

I lol'd hard at realizing this WILL be the same
I lol'd hard seeing the pool episode
I lol'd hard seeing Nagato and Kyon
I LMAO'D seeing Haruhi scribble 8 on the paper (KyoAni gestures that they are sick of EE as well :D)
I thought that last scene of Haruhi leaving would be repeated 8 times (endless eight anyway)
I lol'd hard at the ending, nice camera angles though.

Also, Koizumi's "I love you" had a different tone today, which was at least funnier.

Best arc ever: Endless Eight

I bet KyoAni and Kadokawa are planning a brilliant conspiracy. To make Kadokawa look at fault that is and then those angry at KyoAni will get angry at Kadokawa and <3 <3 <3 KyoAni because they tried variety.

Then to further our enjoyment, 6 ep of the same plot were made to simply 1. Make us laugh at fanrage, 2. spot the difference and 3. laugh at the fanrage.

Simple as that isn't it?
reb3llistJul 19, 2009 10:09 PM
Jul 19, 2009 10:30 PM
Jan 2008
bah, getting dull. But whatever, okay episode i guess like the rest of them lols. Needs to pick up the pace.
Jul 20, 2009 12:32 AM

Apr 2009
51 people still LOVE IT, 5/5 o_O.

I think I'm just watching this for the sake of it, since it's a KyoAni series. And a famous one too.

But now it stinks =[.
Jul 20, 2009 2:33 AM

Feb 2009
i hate my life
Jul 20, 2009 3:08 AM

Nov 2007
Tamaki-san said:
Dear Kyo/Ani:

Please go fuck yourselves.

Love,

Tamaki-san and all the other Haruhiists in the world.

+1
Jul 20, 2009 4:16 AM

Jul 2007
lawl
Jul 20, 2009 6:12 AM

Feb 2009
dont worry folks, only 3 more episodes to go, remember, its 8
Anime makes me smile!

:-)
Jul 20, 2009 7:39 AM
Aug 2008
woooow i'm really excited what is going to happen in episode 7 and 8 and 9 and 10 and so on:D maybe next time haruhi will catch 15 cicadas??! really exciting
i wonder if this is going to get as long as One Piece xD
(no sarcasm)
Jul 20, 2009 7:58 AM

Sep 2007
....I've been trying to get a good reply to this topic, but I guess that's impossible.

Get this over with already! >.<

Jul 20, 2009 9:19 AM
Dec 2008
Weeee, yet another horrible episode.
Jul 20, 2009 9:19 AM
Jun 2008
This arc rocks.
Jul 20, 2009 9:38 AM

May 2009
How many people will REALLY drop this show? As in, drop it and never watch it again? Ten to one that you'll come crawling back to this show once Endless Eight is over (heck, some already confirmed they would). If you do, then you're not dropping it, but stalling.

Also, if this were any other show, people would've dropped it at episode 2 or 3 and not bother watching more. So what exactly makes Haruhi different that you keep on watching every episode over and over again despite knowing you hate them?

I'm still not tired of these, still love the differences they put in and I still love the nerdrage from the fanboys. True, I wouldn't mind seeing other stuff now, but I can handle more of the same if needed.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 20, 2009 11:12 AM

Sep 2008
So what exactly makes Haruhi different that you keep on watching every episode over and over again despite knowing you hate them?

meh I'm not dropping it just waiting for this to end (haven't downloaded the last two episodes and won't donwload a episode until I hear it is the final one of this crap)

Many are doing that, some are watching maybe like the last five minutes instead of the whole episodes and other also fast forward over huge parts of each ep. Kind of kills the episodes when only chosen few bother to watch it from start to finish.

Bet this will also hit hard on the dvd sales
Jul 20, 2009 11:33 AM
Apr 2009
AO968 said:
How many people will REALLY drop this show? As in, drop it and never watch it again? Ten to one that you'll come crawling back to this show once Endless Eight is over (heck, some already confirmed they would). If you do, then you're not dropping it, but stalling.

Also, if this were any other show, people would've dropped it at episode 2 or 3 and not bother watching more. So what exactly makes Haruhi different that you keep on watching every episode over and over again despite knowing you hate them?

I'm still not tired of these, still love the differences they put in and I still love the nerdrage from the fanboys. True, I wouldn't mind seeing other stuff now, but I can handle more of the same if needed.
You have it wrong. The nerds and fanboys are on opposing sides.

I don't really watch it either I just let it play and read manga or something. And what's your problem anyway, why do you care what people choose to do with their time? If they say it sucks let them. I mean I haven't heard any sound arguments for thinking this season is any good other than "It's Haruhi", and that's not exactly a good argument.
Jul 20, 2009 12:10 PM

Feb 2008

Man.... I LOLed so hard. :D

Rudgald said:

I don't know if someone brought it up already, but I just thought - what if it's not Haruhi's doing? But, for example, Kyon doesn't want vacations to end, cause he didn't do his homework?:D It would explain why he always feels indebted to Nagato, cause he subconsciously knows that bacause of him, she has to do the same thing each and everytime and she remembers all of it.

THIS!
I got the same Idea! He seems to feel somehow responsible for the endless time loop!

All in all I still enjoy the show a lot. :]
Jul 20, 2009 2:10 PM

Mar 2008

Fanboy or not, i really think any normal being would be angry (or frustrated) at such ridiculous way of making money.

Mod edit Use spoiler tags you fag.
aeroJul 21, 2009 12:48 AM
Jul 20, 2009 2:14 PM
Apr 2009
akuma2002 said:

Fanboy or not, i really think any normal being would be angry (or frustrated) at such ridiculous way of making money.
Yeah, anyone with common sense would find this unacceptable. Then again common sense really isn't that common...

Mod edit - Spoiler tags added
aeroJul 21, 2009 12:48 AM
Jul 20, 2009 2:20 PM

Mar 2009
akuma2002 said:

Apparently someone didn't read what the Moderator requested.
It was something like "all you manga fanboys keep your spoilers in spoiler tags".
-.-"

Mod edit - Spoiler tags added
aeroJul 21, 2009 12:49 AM
Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Sep 10, 2009

292 by Generose »»
Apr 12, 11:11 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

CinemaZebra - Aug 5, 2009

535 by Unoriginality »»
Apr 11, 9:07 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kappaka - May 21, 2009

449 by Ryan_the_Bread »»
Mar 30, 1:13 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 30, 2009

276 by Alkimia »»
Feb 28, 11:45 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Jul 23, 2009

360 by Alkimia »»
Feb 28, 11:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.