Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Do you want it (the anime) to end?
Jun 11, 2009 7:03 PM

Aug 2007
So, last week, I finished translating the episode titles of Major for AnimeNewsNetwork.com when I realised that not only was it the final episode of the season, but it could just be the series. Looking carefully at the official website, NHK.or.jp, I noticed about several weeks before, there was a special "Memorial Gallery." At first, I thought it was just pictures of the movie whose story is based on the first season as they were from that, then not long after, I realised it's just a gallery commemorating the five seasons Major has had/will have. I have no clue and there are no sign of it, as to whether if it's an anniversary (of any kind), so my thoughts bring it to one conclusion as it is Major's end, knowing that there has not been a season 6 announcement.

Another thought of it's end was the fact in 5 years of it's airing, a season ends with only 25 episodes. This is a long shot, but don't animes which end in 25 episodes usually not continue (with the exception of Mecha animes)? i.e. Touch. But, of course, for the first time in 5 years we might even get to see a DVD (episode 26) special - but I really doubt this, as Major has profited more on TV sales than DVD sales.

A side note, one should know that, the current studio, SynergySP, does not like to nor do work on sequels to their projects, i.e. Hayate no Gotoku. [They are the same studio working on the planned 51 episode Cross Game anime adaptation.]

Anyways, I was wondering what are your thoughts on this matter? Do you want to see the end of Major? Or do you want it to keep running without any originality following the manga, like Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, etc.
Team Leader & Manager of ray=out.
A non-profit independent Japanese and Chinese anime/manga translation and subtitle provider.
http://rayout.org/ - Browse through our site to get to know us better.
Jun 17, 2009 2:20 PM

Oct 2007
It would be such a shame if they will finish the series...;\ i dont know the situation of current studio which is making Major but what i know for sure that i would miss this anime! so for now i dont even think about ending the series on 5th season.
Jun 17, 2009 3:53 PM

May 2007
Well, the manga is already completely published, so it would make sense for the anime to be done as well. To be honest, as much as I love Major, seeing series come to an end is always a nice thing. I'd rather have something enjoyable and complete than the author unsuccessfully lengthen the series with an uninspired story.

Of the 3 shounen you mentioned, both Naruto and Bleach, in my opinion, are starting to get dragged out a bit to the point where fans are unhappy with the story. You definitely don't want that happening.

One Piece is definitely one of the few stories out there where the mangaka has been able to successfully and consistently tell an epic story all though the latest chapter.

Regardless, there isn't much left to explore in Major as of episode 118. Now that Toshi's past has been explored and the World Baseball Classic is coming down to the final four teams, what's left? Not much. In my opinion, its been a fabulous ride, where the author has beautifully told the story of Hondo Goro, all the way from childhood to an adult, and his journey not only through baseball, but lessons in life.

So as to a reply to your poll, I'd vote, Yes, I'd like to see it end, but I know its been a great ride from when I first started it. :)
Jun 17, 2009 4:03 PM

Oct 2008
vindemon64 said:
Now that Toshi's past has been explored and the World Baseball Classic is coming down to the final four teams, what's left? Not much.

This pretty much sums up how I feel. As long as Goro gets to face team USA and the Gibsons it should all be good.
Jun 18, 2009 2:18 AM

Jul 2008
Since the manga is completely published, I'm fine with Major ending. I hate adaptations that become untrue to the original source material.
Jun 18, 2009 8:53 PM
Sep 2007
Its been great, and it looks like its coming to end, like others said, we don't want another Bleach or Naruto
Hi
Jun 20, 2009 9:46 AM

Jun 2009
What about another season of Goro being as old as Gibson is in S5 and is on the edge of retiring baseball, and then he comes back with a 120mph fastball or something :P
Jun 20, 2009 9:22 PM

Aug 2007
vindemon64 said:
Well, the manga is already completely published

How do you know that? Looking at Shogakukan.co.jp it seems volume 72 came out just 3 days ago and the series is released every 3 months.

Tommydewok said:
What about another season of Goro being as old as Gibson is in S5 and is on the edge of retiring baseball, and then he comes back with a 120mph fastball or something :P

alchemist11Jun 21, 2009 10:26 PM
A non-profit independent Japanese and Chinese anime/manga translation and subtitle provider.
Jun 27, 2009 3:42 PM

Sep 2008
Jun 27, 2009 7:51 PM

Aug 2007
Note that I wrote that before the last episode aired, and it was only a presumption.

Looking at how episode 25 was made and how it ended, I'll take it that it's finally the end of Major.

Edit: Wait, seems there is a possibility of another reason, though the chance is MUCH MUCH lower than the previous 4 seasons due to Goro's closing remarks.
alchemist11Jun 27, 2009 8:02 PM
Jun 27, 2009 10:36 PM

Feb 2008
Episode 25 End Spoiler

seems like a closing word ...
but I do hope that there's still a season or two of Major ...
mflatischlerJun 27, 2009 10:43 PM
mflatischler.tk - My Manga translations and transcriptions
Anime in Blu-ray
あなたの人種、年齢、宗教は問いません
Jun 28, 2009 1:13 PM
Apr 2009
vindemon64 said:
Now that Toshi's past has been explored and the World Baseball Classic is coming down to the final four teams, what's left? Not much.

We never did actually see Goro play in the Majors, which I would have liked, but I have to say that I would be fine if the series ends. Goro plays the best of the Majors in season 5 (i'm sure. i haven't actually watched that far.), but a dragged on series is going to end up disappointing fans.
(\___/)
(="."=)
(")__(")
Jul 2, 2009 10:16 PM

Aug 2007
He actually did for a bit, but not professionally at real matches, only just the practice games. At the beginning of Season 4, we get to see him scouted to the Majors, or rather he went to a scouting facility, and did actually play for a certain team after he was chosen, but due to level difference, he decided to downgrade to the minors and work his way up, which he pretty much did really fast, in addition to giving the Bats a championship, if I remember correctly.

mflatischler said:

seems like a closing word ...
but I do hope that there's still a season or two of Major ...

Nope, not this, but Goro mentions something right at the very end after the credits which may elude to another season. Here is the translation.

alchemist11Jul 2, 2009 10:25 PM
Jul 3, 2009 7:04 PM

Apr 2008
Hell No!!!

So... What volumes covers this season?

As it is now, I feel that the anime even at this stage of the season, still has a lot ground to go.
Jul 5, 2009 9:07 PM
Jun 2009
It's sad to see such a great series coming to an end, but as long as the ending is a good one i wont complain.
(i haven't seen the last episode yet) ^^
Jul 10, 2009 9:54 PM

Jul 2008
it should continue for at least one more season because there's still more to the manga left XD
Aug 10, 2009 4:16 PM

Apr 2008
Is there a site that posts all the major manga? I've been looking and mangafox and mangaone only have the volumes that cover the end of season 4 and the beginning of season 5!!!!!!

Where can I read the latest of major?
Aug 10, 2009 4:28 PM

Dec 2008
I know I've tried searching for Major scanlations. For some reason, the scanlated chapters are random and don't start from the beginning at all. I want to read it more now that the show is done. :(
How long would it take to earn 50 million yen, Karasawa? - Katsuya
No longer than it would take to get to the bank, provided I have a gun. -Karasawa
I'm through talking with you. -Katsuya
Aug 11, 2009 3:11 PM
Apr 2008
I think it won't be the end but a pause for several years. Like hajime ippo had. The reason to believe this, is that they have caught up with the manga.. If you see how many volumes they cover in 1 season, you see that they need at least 7 volumes to tell a story.. + the pace that majors follows, is quite high. Each season tells one arc. And the arc that follows world baseball cup hasn't finished yet. Therefore they can't make a season 6, if they want to keep the quality and not add fillers like naruto and bleach - please no-.

Anyway they covered 65 volumesi n 5 seasons, makes an average of 13 volumes/season. Japan now is up to voulme 72, so with only 7 volumes, the studio can't make a full season. Guess we need to wait a while (each year has around 4 volumes). So if the studio wants to make few seasons, it will have to wait at least 5 years or something. For 2 seasons of material.
Aug 12, 2009 4:13 AM
Jan 2009
I am 90% sure it's over. Mangafox says that the latest chapter is when Honda and Shimizu went on a date to the batting cages. So if there would be another season it would happen in a few years.
Aug 12, 2009 2:30 PM
Oct 2007
Mangafox =! the ongoing manga in japan. They need around 80 volumes to do the 6th season. They didn't announce the next season because they can't. It'll be done when there's enough manga material. Major will not end now.
Aug 13, 2009 1:56 PM

Apr 2008
Major manga does continue but the most LATEST translated chapter of the major manga was yea when honda and shimizu went on the date, that's the latest translated major manga, but now sense the season has ended and if season 6 doesn't come or comes out years from now someone will pick up the manga eventually and get it caught up.
Aug 16, 2009 11:56 PM

Mar 2009
I would like the anime to keep going as well but as someone has posted...

Can someone who is reading the manga please tell me which chapter the anime left off?
K-ON v1.1 ... Please leave you comments on my profile! ^_^
Aug 19, 2009 1:19 AM

May 2008
I'll be sad if it really ended with that, but on the same time I'd be happy and contented with how it ended. Though it is kinda bittersweet, it was good while it lasted. Never a dull moment for me while watching all 5 seasons of this spectacular show.

But still, I am torn with how the ending was open for continuation. It kinda gives us hope, but then again its just hopes.
Aug 19, 2009 12:40 PM
Nov 2008
There is going to be a season 6,i'm kinda 60% sure for now.I checked on wikipedia too,and although the anime[ season 5 ended] it still says on-going after 129.
Aug 19, 2009 9:42 PM

Apr 2008
The current place of the manga is BARLEY past the end of season 5, like someone said above there isn't enough material to continue the anime, but the manga is still ongoing with the next arc with Honda in the MLB.

But even so the manga that's been translated isn't even caught up to the 5th season of the anime, the translations are FAR behind, someone needs to pick it up and translate the rest of the manga for us.
Sep 5, 2009 3:03 PM

May 2009
I hope there will be a season 6.. even though there is no enough material they can still contunie..if that happens there will be lots of fillers to catch up manga and maybe a bad scenario.. i wouldn't want to see that.. if they can't make it good, it's better to end it..or they can make a new movie..
voodoogirlSep 6, 2009 5:26 AM
Oct 27, 2016 5:53 AM
Oct 2016
Will anybody be kind enough to tell me how can I find soundtrack when Goro takes the mound on S5?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Major S5 Episode 2 Discussion

kyox69 - Jan 23, 2009

46 by arcticmontys »»
Aug 24, 2023 8:26 PM

Poll: » Major S5 Episode 18 Discussion

yakyuu-addict - Jul 27, 2009

37 by Daninokuni »»
May 21, 2023 4:59 AM

Poll: » Major S5 Episode 15 Discussion

kikoushi - Jul 2, 2009

24 by Daninokuni »»
May 17, 2023 8:33 AM

Poll: » Major S5 Episode 13 Discussion

VK11 - Jun 8, 2009

21 by Daninokuni »»
May 15, 2023 2:44 PM

Poll: » Major S5 Episode 1 Discussion

Late - Jan 14, 2009

48 by Dripz2012 »»
Feb 5, 2023 5:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.