Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 8, 2009 5:55 PM

Apr 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
hahas ... Mikan so poor thing .. lols everyday is like suffering

Jul 3, 2010 8:36 AM

Nov 2009
Wow, that is pretty extreme... lol. I actually felt really bad for Mikan.
Sep 14, 2010 3:48 PM
Jan 2009
I like Sakura's determination, and Hotaru's still her friend.
Nov 14, 2013 7:24 PM

Apr 2012
What I don't get is why the teacher punished Mikan and not the obvious bullies. I mean, Mikan at this point has no control over her Nullification Alice while they had complete control and intent to use their telekinesis Alices in class. How the teacher didn't care and/or wasn't otherwise made aware is just baffling to say the least. Especially you, Hotaru: why didn't you let the teacher know who really caused this ruckus even though you knew?

To wit, the teacher is promoting bad behavior from these bully bitches! So what if Mikan is meant to be the butt monkey? This is more than just harmless fun or slapstick; it's outright cruel when you really think about it. I'm loving the show so far, but having gone through similar situations when I was her age, it kinda hurts and angers me more than it makes me laugh.
May 3, 2014 9:10 PM
Jan 2013
He made it clear at the faculty meeting that he intended to give her a no-star rating because of her Alice type. He just needed an excuse. Meanie.
Your mean should be an even bell curve only if you watch every show that comes out. Having a high-slung mean doesn't mean you're rating improperly. It can also mean you're selecting shows well to watch mostly things you enjoy.
Jul 7, 2014 7:04 AM

May 2012
0 stars because of something she didn't do? Well that ain't really right... a bit weird they stuck with it knowing that her Alice is to nullify other Alices... oh well it's interesting development but rather unfair development but let's see what's next!
Apr 3, 2015 11:26 PM

Nov 2012
the whole stars and ranks thing is sort of depressing.. mikan is basically the loser and treated as such :/
it's nice that she doesn't give in regardless, though.
Dec 14, 2017 2:20 AM

Aug 2017
Yes , Mikan got 0 stars because of something that she did not do. That’s so unfair . Poor Mikan . Hotaru is so supportive towards Mikan ,that’s a good thing .
Feb 6, 2020 6:56 PM

Dec 2016
Poor Mikan, it seems that she is going to have people who bully her even amoung the teachers. At least she is not allowing herself to be affected by it. The good thing is that the main characters are becoming a little more likeable, I disliked every one of them except Mikan at the beginning, I am glad that Hotaru is acting more like a friend and Ruka is kinda funny, but I have to admit that I dislike Natsume a lot, even though ,the series seems to be trying to portrait him as a misunderstood person who has suffed a lot because of his alice, his over the top douchebaggery makes him pretty unlikeable.
Jan 27, 2021 9:09 AM
Apr 2016
I mean, wasn't it pretty obvious that she wouldn't be able to see anyone outside of the academy?

I like how they connected Natsume with her, now we're bound to have some funny moments with them.

Bullying bad! That said, pretty sure it was extremely obvious that she wasn't the one that caused the disruption. Feels contrived just how oblivious the teacher was.

Hotaru is right that it doesn't change who Mikan is, but that's a fallacious statement because the fact that she's mistreated because of the no-star still stands.. so yeah, it does affect her fairly much.
Oct 20, 2021 12:08 PM
Apr 2015
pretty sure teacher did that because of her alice type as pointed out in ep, i dislike that teacher.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakuen Alice Episode 6 Discussion

orangehouse - Jun 8, 2009

10 by TakuOjisan0069 »»
Apr 9, 3:41 PM

Poll: » Gakuen Alice Episode 1 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Jul 7, 2014

7 by TakuOjisan0069 »»
Apr 7, 6:33 PM

Poll: » Gakuen Alice Episode 26 Discussion

orangehouse - Jun 9, 2009

21 by Pinkblossom29 »»
Jul 29, 2023 12:18 PM

Poll: » Gakuen Alice Episode 2 Discussion

9 by Tanya852 »»
Feb 28, 2022 2:46 AM

Poll: » Gakuen Alice Episode 17 Discussion

8 by sketchy12 »»
Oct 22, 2021 1:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.