Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Oct 11, 2023 9:04 PM
Sep 2023
woah... i think i get it now (i dont)
Nov 16, 2023 8:37 AM

Jun 2020
So Rei dosent know what they do ? But they are using her for something.Hope we are gonna learn more soon.Loved this episode and the Angel was one of the most dangerous one we see. Interestingly both times Shinji see hes mother the Eva enter the Berserk mode
Jan 13, 12:25 AM

Dec 2022
solace was just a prelude was what's worse to come
Jan 13, 6:41 AM

May 2020
I guess Eva unite one is created by shinji's mother. Thats why father wanted shinji to be a pilot for eva unite 1 in the first episode. He knew no matter what happens the mother will protect her son. Thats my guess. I dont know whether this is the truth or not but it made me tear up T_T
defaulticusJan 13, 6:49 AM
Jan 23, 7:25 PM

Mar 2022
Another very good episode there god Evangelion is certainly getting a lot darker in this half of the show. I don’t know on one hand Asuka’s a character who makes me laugh on other occasions it’s almost like she loves to complain about Shinji which feels like it’s unnecessary and excessive at worst. And never mind the fact that SHE HERSELF implanted the idea that Shinji should take lead on the mission to take out the angel, HER ACTIONS, yet she has the gaul, the nerve to go and say he doomed himself by going near the angel.

Thank you, Rei, for essentially summing up my feelings regarding that particular scene I mean damn this is a side of her I didn’t expect to see and I reckon she got feelings for ol’ Shinji there. And honestly considering the fact that Shinji was hallucinating inside his EVA and saw another “him” that’s saying something.

Also Berserker mode is back in full force. That angel just didn’t stand a chance. Man that ending with Gendo and Ritsuko was pretty ominous. I have a feeling we are gonna find out what they are doing with those Angels. Otherwise brilliant episode on the whole for me.
Mar 5, 10:34 PM
Feb 2024
This might've just saved me somehow
Mar 6, 6:42 PM
Feb 2021
this one really hit me like a truck like im a fuckin mess right now
Mar 8, 3:24 AM

Jul 2017
wonderful episode, maybe one of my favorite in the show.
Shinji's dialogue with himself was absolutely perfect, and i loved the reaction of the characters to shinji's disappearance.
Rei is starting to show her emotions, asuka is worried about shinji in her own way) and misato is wonderful.
''Touch the darkness inside me''

Mar 9, 12:01 AM

Apr 2016
WOW! That one really hurt my heart!!!! Tension-wise AND emotional-wise!!! I caught absolutely NONE of this the first time I watched Neon Genesis Evangelion!!!! I feel like I need a breather hahaha :D

Fuck! I can't for the life of me remember when I watched this :/ it had to definitely have been after 2015, but years before today >:/ and when I watched it, Frank Sinatra's "Fly Me to the Moon" was the ending song I think >:/ I think i watched it on Netflix too. Damn it! If I could remember the last time i watched this, i'd be able to recall the mindset I had!

I have a mediocre recollection of why I didn't like Neon Genesis Evangelion the first time. Anyways, I sure am glad I gave it another shot!!! It can rip your heart out in funny ways when it wants too!!!
Mar 12, 5:42 AM
Aug 2016
Reply to TheStarscream759
Another very good episode there god Evangelion is certainly getting a lot darker in this half of the show. I don’t know on one hand Asuka’s a character who makes me laugh on other occasions it’s almost like she loves to complain about Shinji which feels like it’s unnecessary and excessive at worst. And never mind the fact that SHE HERSELF implanted the idea that Shinji should take lead on the mission to take out the angel, HER ACTIONS, yet she has the gaul, the nerve to go and say he doomed himself by going near the angel.

Thank you, Rei, for essentially summing up my feelings regarding that particular scene I mean damn this is a side of her I didn’t expect to see and I reckon she got feelings for ol’ Shinji there. And honestly considering the fact that Shinji was hallucinating inside his EVA and saw another “him” that’s saying something.

Also Berserker mode is back in full force. That angel just didn’t stand a chance. Man that ending with Gendo and Ritsuko was pretty ominous. I have a feeling we are gonna find out what they are doing with those Angels. Otherwise brilliant episode on the whole for me.
@TheStarscream759 I can not agree more.
Mar 13, 12:28 PM

Jul 2014
This is a major turning point and the episode that takes the show from being great to exceptional. The oppressive, claustrophobic atmosphere is palpable and it marks the point in the story where pretty much every character's mask begins to slip. Asuka loses her cool in the locker room, Misato's codependent instincts towards Shinji are laid bare while Ritsuko makes it abundantly clear that she knows more than she's letting on. The stakes also feel more apocalyptic than they did in prior episodes due to the strength of its imagery; seeing those high-rise buildings sink into an inky abyss is simply chilling.
Take care of yourself

Apr 4, 10:24 PM
Jul 2023
Probably my favourite angel so far
- I asked my physics nerd buddy what a “dirac sea” is, look it up it’s pretty interesting
- The angel actually communicated with Shinji, interesting. It was pretty deep
- Shinji seen his mother? I’m pretty sure this means his mother has something to do with unit 01, since it went berserk right after.
- Seeing Rei stick up for Shinji was so adorable. Love that
Apr 11, 1:23 PM

Feb 2016
Brillant episode
Rei is adorable, love her
Apr 14, 4:18 PM
Apr 2023
Another berserk EVA and more lore about it, Mommy Misato crying for Shinji, him entering a Dirac Sea (was very cool learning about it) and the internal talk with himself was really good.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Voltlighter - Dec 17, 2007

811 by ToTheGyz »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Voltlighter - Dec 9, 2007

174 by Haz_Noz »»
Apr 26, 4:22 PM

» Should i watch this ( 1 2 )

Lonely_kun - Apr 18

72 by daazexx »»
Apr 26, 3:58 AM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Voltlighter - Nov 29, 2007

202 by sailorneptunelvr »»
Apr 25, 5:13 PM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Voltlighter - Dec 17, 2007

286 by ToTheGyz »»
Apr 24, 4:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.