Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Suzuka
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 28, 2009 4:58 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
At the meet, Yamato is very pumped about the race. But on the sidelines, Miyamoto and the captain are worried about how he’ll do - Miyamoto notes that Yamato hasn’t bested his record from the earlier track meet. During the race, Yamato gets a good start, but Arima quickly passes him. Arima ends up winning, and Yamato places a disappointing fourth place. Despite everyone telling him not to worry about it too much, Yamato is clearly distraught because it means that he can’t confess to Suzuka yet.

In the evening, Suzuka visits a brooding Yamato, bringing him some eggs to eat. She boils them for him and even washes his dirty dishes. Yamato eventually realizes that Suzuka is probably doing this to cheer him up. As Suzuka reaches for the door to leave, Yamato confesses to her again. He says that she doesn’t have to answer him yet, that he’ll practice more, so that he can win the next tournament. Reminded of how these closely these words mirror what Kazuki told her back then, Suzuka tells him to stop and runs out. When she doesn’t come home for several hours, Yamato grows worried enough to go and search for her. Filled with painful memories, Suzuka is actually sitting on some steps crying.

We’re once again at another “good” part of the story (for me at least), so I enjoyed this episode. The parallels between Yamato and Kazuki are clear, and Suzuka needs to overcome her past if she wants to move forward with Yamato. The animation is relatively good this episode, but I do have to say that Yamato’s confession would have had more impact if they had focused on him instead of sticking Suzuka’s torso into half the shot.
Jul 6, 2009 6:51 AM

Jun 2009
Man I was like getting a grip before the start of the race... lols the author making me all tense.

Omg, Yamato didnt have to tell again about the confession

2 POINTS for REJECTION!!! will this go for 3 POINTS!?!?!!?
ZinvyJul 6, 2009 6:55 AM
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jul 11, 2011 12:34 AM
Jul 2010
So it looks like Suzuka is still not over Kazuki.
Sep 10, 2012 1:24 AM

Sep 2011
Angry Suzuka is back, again.

I think this is the record for the most angry female character over time in a romance anime.
Sep 21, 2012 8:02 AM

Nov 2011
Yeah, Suzuka needs to get over it already. Akitsuki needs to move on, should have given up already!

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Oct 15, 2012 3:47 PM
May 2010
This show is so flip floppy, back and forth on feelings.. It's quite annoying, but I really did expect him to lose, that is just how shows like this go.
Feb 5, 2014 2:17 AM

Jul 2012
Every episode involves one of those two yelling at the other and running away, while the other asks them to please wait.
Feb 16, 2014 10:00 PM

Oct 2013
CDenver said:
Every episode involves one of those two yelling at the other and running away, while the other asks them to please wait.

this^
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jul 3, 2014 2:12 PM

May 2012
So we're playing hide and seek again? Shit son, the drama recycling is too damn high! Let's see what's next.
Jul 22, 2014 12:39 AM

May 2013
What are the chances of him confessing almost exactly the same way to Suzuka?

She really has got to get over that and just move on.
Aug 20, 2014 11:11 PM

Jan 2012
Daily reminder: Suzuka is the worst character ever 99% tsun 1% dere (And her dere moments are usually she doesn't have to feel so guilty after pretty much tearing Yamato and others apart as well as "cheating on her dead crush", which is technically her fault she didn't confess to either person in the first place). Imo, she has no right to be this bitchy.

The worst is when she gets angry and jealous when Honoka and Yamato were dating. I nearly flipped out and I had to take a walk after that.

I REALLY do hope the manga gets better or else I might just drop it (not because it's a bad series, but because I can't take this much stress).
Apr 24, 2016 7:49 AM

Mar 2014
Metropolitan Tournament ~ !! A good start but the 2nd half .
Yappari , I cannot understand woman after all . Suzuka of all people !!
GREAT Episode . Though why am I getting worked up for ? Boiled eggs ~ .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 13, 2017 12:14 PM

Jul 2014
Yamato didn't win... Back to the tsun tsun, Suzuka keeps running away.
Sep 25, 2017 4:20 PM

Oct 2014
competing against a dead guy has to be the #1 worst trope in romance anime, cant stand it

More topics from this board

Poll: » Suzuka Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - May 28, 2009

69 by BlaizeV »»
Mar 6, 5:29 AM

Poll: » Suzuka Episode 19 Discussion

28 by BlaizeV »»
Mar 5, 11:15 AM

Poll: » Suzuka Episode 18 Discussion

22 by BlaizeV »»
Mar 4, 11:36 AM

Poll: » Suzuka Episode 25 Discussion

25 by chriskris91 »»
Sep 24, 2023 1:12 PM

Poll: » Suzuka Episode 22 Discussion

12 by chriskris91 »»
Sep 23, 2023 9:16 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.