Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 13, 2009 3:04 PM

Mar 2009
Serduszko said:
Tears are comming from my eyes like neverending story...EL is the best anime ever and last kiss><Tsukoi!!Ova suck little but still Nyuu is there!!:)
Some spoiler
Ansfer only YES or NO plz...nothing more!

Yes.
I think. Still haven't read the manga yet.
Oct 19, 2009 4:26 PM

Aug 2009
The creators left it open. They want the viewers to make up their conclusion about the ending. If a person wants Lucy dead, then so be it. If a person wants Lucy alive, then so be it.

I'm a Lucy fan, so I'd say she survived.
Oct 20, 2009 7:44 PM

May 2009
ELFEN LIED
PEOPLE DIED
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 21, 2009 7:19 AM

Sep 2008
Hybrid00 said:
ELFEN LIED
PEOPLE DIED
Best post in this thread.
Oct 21, 2009 11:31 AM

Jul 2009
Hybrid00 said:
ELFEN LIED
PEOPLE DIED
Zyglrox said:
Hybrid00 said:
ELFEN LIED
PEOPLE DIED
Best post in this thread.

Except Lied is pronounced "Leed" in Elfen Lied. Apparently we can form a trio of NSFW material by using different pronunciations.

Elfen Lied
Nyu Peed
Oct 23, 2009 4:44 PM

Aug 2007
Hybrid00 said:
ELFEN LIED
PEOPLE DIED

I LOL'D
Oct 25, 2009 2:47 PM

Jun 2009
ImaginAsian said:
Maybe the music box stopping signifies that Lucy is no more, but the clock starting up signifies that Nyuu has returned?

Perfect !!

based on my thoughts and also based in the last minute of the series,,this one is the best answer for all of our questions..if you will think of it deeply, it is indeed that the music box that stopped symbolizes Lucy and the clock started to work symbolizes nyu..in short Nyu came back but lucy is already gone..
Oct 25, 2009 2:50 PM

Jun 2009
Moonfrost said:
The creators left it open. They want the viewers to make up their conclusion about the ending. If a person wants Lucy dead, then so be it. If a person wants Lucy alive, then so be it.

I'm a Lucy fan, so I'd say she survived.

please check what was ImaginAsian says,,i think it is the answer about the ending..
Oct 25, 2009 3:19 PM

Jun 2009
LOL..i forgot to add something.....

very sure that its not Lucy because if it is her..Nana will definitely feel the presence of Lucy..so it has a high percent that it is nyuu..
Oct 31, 2009 2:14 PM

May 2009
i just finished and i have 1 question :
after scene when kouta and lucy where kissing . . .army arrive and attack lucy but kouta said "don`t go" or something like that ... so why lucy go to face army ( I don`t get it ). For me this anime is awesome 10/10 ;]
Nov 7, 2009 1:40 PM
Nov 2009
This was an amazing anime, so much of this anime fits into the real world. I think that the Director/Drawer wants us to understand the hidden meanings of this incredible anime. I felt the tears coming at the end of this anime, best anime ever made.

I really loved the ending, i think that the Music box winding down is a symbol of the Evil Lucy is dieing, she had 3 personalities Nyu, Lucy and the evil Lucy. When she loses her first horn, which Mariko is responsible for, Nyu dies. And as u see almost at the end, she raises her telekinetic arms and then u see her horn suddenly flyes up. I dont think the soldiers would ever be able of removing a horn from Lucy, she probably did it on purpose and therefore to kill the Evil Lucy and lose her telekinetic powers. Like u see when Mariko removes her first one, no bullets would penetrate those horns.

Now the Clock suddenly starts working, i would think it is a sign of a new start, the girl outside the gate has no horns, and since Lucy has lost both her horns i would say its most likely the old Lucy which Kouta knew from his foggy memory. As she has lost her powers Nana is unable of sensing her presence, Nane would most likely NOT kill her as Lucy saved her life at the stairs. I also think Lucy face's the army to make them believe they killed Lucy, so that she could live in peace with Kouta and the others.
DarkanorNov 7, 2009 1:48 PM
Nov 8, 2009 3:12 PM

Sep 2009
Just marathon'd this series all day yesterday and today, and holy crapoly. I didn't think blood, gore, violence, nudity, and split personalities could make such a great anime~! I was convinced that something like that would be a complete disaster, but I really loved Elfen Lied.

Extremely open ending is open. 9/10

#Edit: Elfen Lied is my official 100th anime completed. *Throws confetti*
-
Nov 17, 2009 1:00 AM
Nov 2009
they need a season 2
Nov 29, 2009 9:29 AM

Aug 2009
Till episode 12 I didn't get what was it that made everyone say it's such a masterpiece. I liked it but it wasn't special.

But that last episode. Shit. I can't stop crying! Wow.
Dec 2, 2009 7:26 PM
Oct 2009
The ending was perfect. I almost cry at ending but i didn't. I was thinking that Lucy died but she didn't yokata ^_^ and this what i call happy end !
Dec 6, 2009 7:11 PM
Jun 2008
I just finished watching the last episode, and I really am ashamed of myself that i didn't watch the anime any time earlier even though i had for like a year or so.

Elfen Lied is one of the best anime i've ever watched hands down. the almost episode was epic, from the bloody scenes to the emotional ones, plus the characters were pretty good as well and a masterpiece soundtrack, i mean what else you ask for...

About the ending, I don't know I felt that Lucy was on the one standing in the gate, but I thought that it could be the female scientist that ripped Kohta's picture for the notebook, but who knows... I'm going to watch the OVA next of course, and i hope it will answer some of the questions.

A definitely 9/10 anime
Dec 21, 2009 11:24 PM

Jul 2008
Hybrid00 said:
ELFEN LIED
PEOPLE DIED

OMG I cant stop laughing!

I pondered for a long time whether to watch Elfen Lied or not. The reviews about the nudity kind of discouraged me.
But Im really glad I decided to watch. It just shows too much about humanity, or rather, the real humanity.

The ending is extremely abstract....
I agree with many others about the "music box stops lucy die clock work nyuu back".
But somehow i feel that the music box has MORE meaning to it but i cant figure it out.

A lot have said the Lucy's vectors flying up in the end suggested Lucy attacking the soldiers
But that scene left me the impression that Lucy surrendered?
With all arms raised so that no arms can block the bullets?
Somehow I felt that Lucy dont really raise her vectors so high up when she attacks.
Oh well, just my thoughts...

Ova is a stupid 10.5 but it explained how Lucy, who is so strong, end up in the research facility.
Its not really that good as an OVA, but its short enough for its purpose though...
~Bokura wa deau tameni koko e umare ochita
Toki wo tsumugu tashikana uta ni michibikare habataku yo~
Dec 29, 2009 3:35 PM

Jul 2009
Oh my. 10/10.
Jan 9, 2010 3:11 PM

Jan 2009
Was a pretty "meh" ending and didn't answer any questions at all.

7/10
Jan 18, 2010 3:58 PM

Aug 2009
I just finished Elfen Lied.
This feeling I'm feeling is different, somewhat like..uhm..a sour sweet..idk..

It smells some happiness,
Also some tears.
Young and pure Lucy touched my heart in many ways,
Rageful and merciless Lucy then, wondered me, questioned me,
And kind and naive Nyu, revealed somewhere deep from Lucy, simply made me smile.

The ending kiss... It was like it was belonging to heavens, not a rotten cruel human world.

Whichever Lucy's two personalities died, I don't care. Just knowing that one left is enough for me.

Cheers.
Anime List: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Rodreth
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/rodreth/profile
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/user/Rodreth/
Night is the darkest just before the dawn.

Jan 18, 2010 5:37 PM

Jan 2008
Just finished watching this.

To be honest, I'm thinking this anime is basically one BIG misunderstanding. All of the misinterpretations and undelivered messages resulted in dire consequences. There are just so many of the characters in here that I want to smack upside the head because of me thinking, "How the hell did you mess THAT up!?"

Okay, enough of my ranting. Here's my take on the ending:

- I agree with thinking that the person at the door being Nyuu. The music box stopping and the grandfather clock starting each represents both of Lucy's personalities: the music box symbolizing the girl Kouta met during his childhood (Lucy), and the grandfather clock symbolizing the girl who tried to fix it (Nyuu). Since the music box stopped playing, I assume that the Lucy is no more and Nyuu has returned, due to the grandfather clock coming back to life. That, and after taking a close look at the outline of the person at the door, it's very likely that it's Nyuu.

- I was a little surprised when the Director General took off his wig; I didn't really expect that he'd be a Diclonius. This would probably mark a new beginning of the mutant race. How he'd do it without test subjects, I don't know.

- I'm not really sure if they'll be able to life a quiet life for long, with Nana being with them and all. It all depends on whether Nana will be going to town or not. But, I think with all that's happened, it'll be tough to track them down. As shown in the ending, the new assistant for the research lab hid Kouta's photo away from the Director General. Also, with the two detectives who questioned Maya and Kouta earlier, Kouta gave false information and Maya didn't tell them where she would be staying.

Overall, it was a great series. I'll give this one a 9/10.
Jan 22, 2010 8:15 PM

Dec 2009
I'm happy to see so many others enjoyed this series. I definately thought it was very good. The vague ending reminded me of David Lynch movies.

I'll probably unconsciously believe lucy/nyuu came back at the end & everyone lived happily ever after. I guess I'm just that way...
Such junk...
Jan 23, 2010 12:44 PM

Jan 2010
Darkanor said:
This was an amazing anime, so much of this anime fits into the real world. I think that the Director/Drawer wants us to understand the hidden meanings of this incredible anime. I felt the tears coming at the end of this anime, best anime ever made.

I really loved the ending, i think that the Music box winding down is a symbol of the Evil Lucy is dieing, she had 3 personalities Nyu, Lucy and the evil Lucy. When she loses her first horn, which Mariko is responsible for, Nyu dies. And as u see almost at the end, she raises her telekinetic arms and then u see her horn suddenly flyes up. I dont think the soldiers would ever be able of removing a horn from Lucy, she probably did it on purpose and therefore to kill the Evil Lucy and lose her telekinetic powers. Like u see when Mariko removes her first one, no bullets would penetrate those horns.

Now the Clock suddenly starts working, i would think it is a sign of a new start, the girl outside the gate has no horns, and since Lucy has lost both her horns i would say its most likely the old Lucy which Kouta knew from his foggy memory. As she has lost her powers Nana is unable of sensing her presence, Nane would most likely NOT kill her as Lucy saved her life at the stairs. I also think Lucy face's the army to make them believe they killed Lucy, so that she could live in peace with Kouta and the others.

Good reasoning. It makes sense.

Well I though that she just died when we see the horn breaking at the first. Now I am bit confused since we see that ending.

Worth watching. Too bad I felt that some things in this last episode were predictable. I mean the director with horns... Since Lucy killed that "professor" wich had also horns, I begin too see the general with them, the way he talked about Diclonius and especially about the Diclonius with chromosomes inherited. I though that he was there to prepare and begin a new era. (like the Seele in NGE)
MeadosApr 20, 2010 6:01 AM
Feb 2, 2010 9:13 AM

Jun 2009
Well d manga and d anime r way 2 different with alot of extra characters dat the anime didnt show off.also d ending was different 4 d manga..with kouta and his cousin having a baby lucy re-incarnated...
Feb 4, 2010 4:00 PM
Jan 2009
Uuh, so the director taking off his wig at the end was supposed to be a surprise? I thought it was only logical for him being one after his son was revealed to be a diclonius and how did he react at that moment.
Well, the ending was almost exactly as I'd been afraid it would be. "I killed your sister" "Oh noes but I love you", and then we're supposed to belive Lucy is shot (when the second horn falls off) but finally a mysterius person appears at the gates. And who it might be?
But the stuff with Kuruma (the dude with glasses) was quite unexpected. I seriously hoped he would shot that killer loli AKA subject 35.
But in general I really liked the series and it caught my attention.
Apr 8, 2010 3:56 PM

Aug 2008
Wow, just wow. It's not a Kick-Ass anime, no, it's a very Important anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 19, 2010 11:44 PM

Mar 2010
Bah, I found it somewhat okay. Not the greatest anime I've seen but it was entertaining to say the least. The story was predictable most of the times and the ending was horrible and misleading.

I had to force myself to watch these 13 episodes and honestly I think it was a waste of my time. I've only endured this much thanks to the gory scenes which, in fact, made me laugh. Overall, it's okay. Nothing more.

6/10
Apr 30, 2010 11:17 AM

Jan 2009
so heartbreaking that I can't sleep...
most emotional and saddest scene in all for me was, few years back, Lucy's friend who was wearing that knit hat got shot, and Lucy pleaded for saving her on consition that she turn herself in, but days later, she heard that the girl died in the end...
ah, this is in OVA though

too bad that whole story wasn't animated, but oh well. I've just got to buy all Manga series to the End.
Hana-keiMay 1, 2010 7:40 PM
May 1, 2010 9:35 AM
May 2009
Im with alot of the people here. A good ending leaves questions... but this many!? I think they hardly finished the story i mean that research centre is still up with the crazy (now selpelit) leader will probably another few Diclonius.

One question that was bugging me is, was Mayu Kanae? I mean they hinted at it alot, even to say "should i tell him" when they are talking about kouta's past, but this story is extremely misleading in places.
May 2, 2010 11:54 AM

Dec 2009
Kanae was killed by Lucy.
Mayu certainly looked liked Kanae and I'm sure that was one of the many reasons why Kouta let her stay with them.

I could sware the person at the gate was Lucy.

Anyway, I totally loved this series.
But unfortunately I was stupid enough to eat dinner while watching the first episode of this superb series. lol
Loved the whole thing. Made my cry like a little bitch a few times too.
The series gave me alot more than what I was expecting.

Hopefully, something similar or a second season will come out some day. :)
May 6, 2010 10:17 AM
May 2010
Great Ending and a great story. I think - or at least want to think that way, the person at the gate was Nyuu. I think breaking of the two horns means that Lucy has died, but her other side, Nyuu is still alive. It's possible because, as you know, while her other self- Nyuu was sleeping, Lucy was able to be awake. So it might be that Nyuu is alive while the Lucy is dead.
rock4everrMay 6, 2010 12:29 PM
May 13, 2010 8:12 PM

Nov 2009
PLZ tell me that was Lucy at the gate!!! i miss her now... i love the old Lucy... lol... anyway im glad Nana is still alive!!! and he got his memories back =) im happy #35 died... i jus wish there were more... hmm i wonder if there is... cant remember =P anyway i wonder what happen to Lucy when it showed her that 1 time with her like all bloody and her eyes white... hmm... also who would have guessed#35 was HIS daughter!!! hehe poor them... they hopefully r all together now =) all in all SUPER SPECIAL AWESOME ULTRA SUPER AMAZING ANIME!!!
May 16, 2010 12:10 AM

Aug 2009
The ending is a piss poor job of the anime.
Fillers for the Fucking Loss

They shuda started the anime when the manga is finished
May 23, 2010 10:22 AM

Feb 2010
Meh, I'm with most people around here. Ending was good but NOT perfect. A lot of questions remain. Was it really Lucy at the end? What does her horn fly off mean? Could it mean that without the horns she became "Nyu" full time, and thus can't be tracked anymore? Hum... I have many theories, but little facts. Guess I'll have to check out the Manga.

Anyways Elfen Lied = 9/10 Overall In my opinion. Good show.
May 24, 2010 7:39 PM

Mar 2010
this epi really hit me hard, the way the director summed up all the emotions and memories together was just amazing. i realize that yes at the end the person at the door is probably the good Lucy but....cliff hanger of death has struck again >.<
Jun 4, 2010 2:04 PM
Oct 2008
I love this anime. The final is a bit strange, but I still think that it's one of the best animes.

I hope someday will be a second season, that'd be fantastic. 10/10.
Jun 4, 2010 6:24 PM

Jan 2010
The final is almost perfect in my opinion.
Jun 5, 2010 9:40 PM
Feb 2010
Hybrid00 said:
ELFEN LIED
PEOPLE DIED

LOL, this one seriously made me laugh. A lot.

Jun 6, 2010 5:32 AM

Mar 2010
Really sad, almost made me cry. I found some parts of this anime too forced at times but it was pretty good overall.
8/10

Oh and Lucy isn't dead. =]
Jun 6, 2010 3:29 PM

Nov 2008
Mystere said:
Hybrid00 said:
ELFEN LIED
PEOPLE DIED

LOL, this one seriously made me laugh. A lot.

Eh, he's a retard because it's pronounced [Elfen Leed]

Jun 11, 2010 7:46 PM

May 2010
As I write this, my cheeks are sticky because I cried a bit.

This was a beautiful series!
Here's a picture perfect ending (almost ending):

This particular kiss made me feel cold, but in a good way, if that makes any sense.

Did Lucy die? I'm pretty sure she did. I don't think so, because who else would be at the gate? The evil Lucy is now dead. I think the good Lucy came back.
"There's one bowl too many,"

"I'm sure she would have liked to eat too."

;(

I loved how the clock was fixed at the end of the series. Very symbolic, somehow I love these sort of things.
LoveEnmaAiJun 11, 2010 7:56 PM
Jun 12, 2010 2:30 PM

May 2010
Very satisfying open ending, however it did get me to marathon the manga straight after the end of episode 13
Jun 16, 2010 3:07 PM
Jun 2010
decent ending, it reminds me of code geass ending.

the kiss with lucy is disturbing though... more disturbing than the gore in the anime lol

Jun 20, 2010 1:04 PM

Apr 2010
one of the best animes i have watched. i give this episode a 10/10. i decided to finally watch it becasue at first i thought it was going to suck but then it proved me wrong. this final episode was ended like a final episode should end. i just dont think there will be a second season because it has been on for too long already. i felt sad when lucy decided not to stay with kouta and the rest of them. i think it would have been better like that. oh well heres hoping to a second season.
Jun 23, 2010 1:33 PM

Dec 2008
An amazing ending to an amazing anime series!! So upset that Bando didn't die!!

Jun 25, 2010 4:09 PM

Apr 2010
great ending~
Love the GORE
Jun 28, 2010 5:01 AM

Jan 2010
wait...so did lucy die or not? O.o...i don't think so because,wth she did this many times before :)
i'm 90% sure that nyu's behind that door

great series...10/10
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Jul 29, 2010 11:25 AM

May 2010
I just recently finished Monster yesterday and left me with a cliffhanger..

And this too?? ~_~

Anyways, the ending was odd yet fine but still there's some still things to be cleared..

Let's just leave it to ourselves..

As to the series, it was great when it comes to the psychological impact it might leave to us..

It was worth watching...
StormViruzJul 29, 2010 7:04 PM
Aug 4, 2010 12:34 PM

Jul 2010
Actually you can say shes dead or alive , we'll never know :)
Aug 6, 2010 8:15 PM
Apr 2010
I saw this anime after reading the manga so I already knew what were to happen.

This alternate ending was somewhat interesting. It seems as if Lucy didn't want Kouta to get involved in her struggle like that other girl in the OVA.

In my opinion, the girl by the doorway isn't Lucy since the shadow does not have any horns. Also I doubt it is Nyuu since she probably would be nyu nyuing for Kouta, but there is the possibility that she could have changed after being out of Kouta's protection for a while.

Overall, I enjoy the different ending than the manga, but I think some of the characters weren't emphasized enough and I was disappointed at that. Then again, this anime is only 13 episodes, so there isn't all that much space to put all those side stories.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Sandgolem - Aug 26, 2007

139 by ssangy »»
Apr 3, 12:36 PM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Chelle - Aug 21, 2007

199 by vikivill »»
Apr 1, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

then - Nov 30, 2007

105 by GarlicDead »»
Mar 31, 5:08 PM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

then - Dec 4, 2007

111 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 11, 11:15 AM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

then - Dec 4, 2007

84 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 11, 10:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.