Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pumpkin Scissors
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 20, 2007 9:56 AM

Aug 2006
Nothing resolved... if anything... it just sparked new questions about some of the characters.

I'm disappointed. You learn NOTHING of Randal's past, or of the strange guy in the mask. Just more questions. I sincerely hope they're going to do an OVA or a 2nd season to answer those questions. Very, very disappointed.
Mar 20, 2007 10:05 AM
Apr 2006
ha! that was exactly what i thought...;)
this end was kind of nice, but just no real "end"...questions, questions...i hate when they do that...let's hope for a sequel...until then curse the script writers...
Mar 20, 2007 10:26 AM

Nov 2006
there better be a second season. nothing got resolved. i did have a feeling that blond (forgot his name) guy has something to do with the silver wheel. did you see at the very end the "so that we met again" i didnt get it

Mar 20, 2007 1:08 PM

Jan 2007
I haven't watched it yet, but it sounds like it's pretty much what I've been expecting. *sigh* This whole final arc with duel and what-not has been SO disappointing.
Mar 23, 2007 8:48 AM

Jan 2007
OK, finally got to see it. I really wish they had limited the duel to 2 episodes - 3 TOPS - and spent the rest of the series on the intrigue with the fiance and the corruption in the army. That would have been a lot more interesting and a lot less contrived/melodramatic/lame.

Oh well. Overall, I still liked the series. Maybe they'll give us another season, with more blushy-blushy Corporal.
Apr 25, 2007 2:11 PM

Oct 2006
The duel did drag on too long, I suppose, but it wouldn't be that bad an ending if the series was to continue. To leave it at that permanently is pretty lame though.
Apr 25, 2007 11:18 PM
Jun 2006
yeah, they better make a sequel! ^^
Aug 21, 2007 12:12 PM

Jul 2007
This is what you get when you start an anime with not enogu hsorce material from the manga.

I do recommend this series, it's pretty good, but stop after the HTT-801 arc.

Sam is my sweet peach
Aug 31, 2007 1:07 AM

Dec 2006
All these questions i have are still in the dark. Whatever becomes of them?

I__u_p_p_e_d__m_y__s_t_a_n_d_a_r_d_s_,__s_o__U_P__y_o_u_r_s!
Feb 6, 2008 6:57 PM
Oct 2007
I thought the ending was a let down. Though I have heard rumors of a second season, also you can read the manga that the shows based off of.
Apr 18, 2008 6:58 AM

Oct 2007
Is there room for a 2nd season? Clearly yes. There's a huge plotline to finish and the manga surpasses this point.

Is there any garuntee of a 2nd season? None what-so-ever. Ya'll know that there are plenty of anime's that should continue but don't due to whatever reason(s). That said, if a second season DID start, it would begin around this time ( about a year after the end of the first season).

As for the ending, yeah, it was a bit disappointing and I wish Randal woulda used the lantern a bit more or finished off the merc but I'll settle for this for now: Beggars can't be picky.

Apr 18, 2008 7:49 AM

Jan 2007
Of course there's no guarantee of a second season, there rarely is.

But I don't think "beggars can't be picky" really applies to this show, or any anime. We're not beggars. We're the audience. If they can't give us a decent wrap-up to the series, we have every right to be annoyed. Why should I have to settle for something as lame-tastic as that ending?
Aug 23, 2008 10:07 AM

Feb 2008
Is there news about 2nd season? Hope it will have 2nd season, there's so many questions left unanswered.
Oct 7, 2009 2:05 AM

Dec 2008
Heh XD The ending was disappointing. I was touched by how that lord and all the nobles act but it really did introduce us to a new arc that could seems to be really interesting. I mean come on! More air time for the fabulous silver-haired-masked guy *.* haha. He seems really interesting and Lionel... I was like "o.O" Hhmm I don't understand him. After seeing the ending, I had to rethink about the score I gave Pumpkin Scissors. It was such a let down.

----rant
Though I love Lionel's voice XD oh my *drools* so hot. Glad I can still hear the voice through FMA Brotherhood :3 YAY ROY Mustang!! *bounces*
Oct 7, 2009 8:11 AM

Jul 2008
i think there will be part 2
the manga stell running in japan : )
Dec 15, 2009 4:02 AM
Jan 2008
hoping for the sequel or a movie or Ova, something to finish this series off sigh sigh greater sigh .......
Feb 2, 2010 8:57 PM

Jul 2008
Anyone hear anything about a sequel? It would be nice...
Jul 10, 2010 11:00 AM
Aug 2009
BAH! yeah. ._. I was looking all over for a second season... I sure HOPE they're making one. Though if they didn't that wouldn't be right. THough Im pretty posotive they will because that can't POSSIBLy be the ending =A=

GAH! questions unanswered.... >:(
Jul 22, 2010 4:47 PM

Oct 2007
forget about a second season, gonzo is gone and I highly doubt some other studio picking this =/
manga is all we have now... but then, the anime goes up to vol 5, and scanlators have released only up to vol 4 =/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#koharubi@irc.rizon.net
#ayu@irc.rizon.net

Aug 25, 2010 7:50 PM

Mar 2008
:\ I demand more story
Jun 1, 2012 7:13 PM

Aug 2009
Ending felt like a budget cut.

Quick.. quick.. get to a stopping point; they're only giving us 3 more eps... or some such.

Pity; I enjoyed the show.
Nov 8, 2012 1:18 AM

May 2009
it felt to open at the end of the series to many stories to tell still and left you wanting more.
Nov 24, 2012 10:00 PM
Aug 2010
I don't know what you guys were expecting, its an anime adapted from a manga. Lots of manga are very long running, especially the popular ones, and their anime adaptations will end way before they do, leaving most things unresolved. This is why I usually don't watch manga adaptions until its already established itself as a very long running anime.
Jan 4, 2013 6:36 AM

Jan 2013
Holy necro post batman

I didn't like the ending at all, I just finished the show last night, and while I'm happy Alice did consider she's not engaged anymore I kinda wished she did it offically, however I guess I'll be digging into the Manga for that, shame it doesn't seem to be updated often, heck I don't know if its past 21 or not. And the wiki's are no help at all.

Just wondering how its all shaped to end, if Leonir got found out yet, If the giant and midget (compaired to him lulz) hit it off so to speak, stuff like that. Still the ending has ruined me wanting to see how it ends, and I doubt a 2nd run will be made. Could be wrong though, but to me it felt like a bad episode.

@bob, true enough, but I didn't know the Manga had been running so long. Ah well. Still not a bad show, and I didn't spend but 18 bucks for it so meh.
Mar 5, 2013 6:17 PM

Jul 2008
Bobjones said:
I don't know what you guys were expecting, its an anime adapted from a manga. Lots of manga are very long running, especially the popular ones, and their anime adaptations will end way before they do, leaving most things unresolved. This is why I usually don't watch manga adaptions until its already established itself as a very long running anime.

Late as god knows what, but this guy understands.
It's an anime ADAPTATION, meaning it's taken from the manga. If you want closure, go read that. xD
Aug 22, 2021 3:09 PM
Jul 2013
Chelle said:
Nothing resolved... if anything... it just sparked new questions about some of the characters.

Almost every Episode until the middle of the series felt like they are independent.
So I think about the same with the ending regarding the fact, that there is none. The only final conclusion is for me here: Our Lieutennant is interesting, and has more problems and strengths then you might notice at first glance.

Chelle said:
I'm disappointed. You learn NOTHING of Randal's past, or of the strange guy in the mask. Just more questions. I sincerely hope they're going to do an OVA or a 2nd season to answer those questions. Very, very disappointed.

The guy in the Mask is most likely
or however he's called.

Disclosure: I watched this series while I was tinkering with my pc
Why? it sounded interesting at first, provided me with a few interesting standpoints but was very mediocre in myopinion overall wigtout taking to much attention of me.
"We are all MAD here"
Alice in Wonderland
Nov 27, 2021 7:20 PM
Jul 2020
RedArmyShogun said:
Holy necro post batman

I didn't like the ending at all, I just finished the show last night, and while I'm happy Alice did consider she's not engaged anymore I kinda wished she did it offically, however I guess I'll be digging into the Manga for that, shame it doesn't seem to be updated often, heck I don't know if its past 21 or not. And the wiki's are no help at all.

Just wondering how its all shaped to end, if Leonir got found out yet, If the giant and midget (compaired to him lulz) hit it off so to speak, stuff like that. Still the ending has ruined me wanting to see how it ends, and I doubt a 2nd run will be made. Could be wrong though, but to me it felt like a bad episode.

@bob, true enough, but I didn't know the Manga had been running so long. Ah well. Still not a bad show, and I didn't spend but 18 bucks for it so meh.
last time I saw it had 120 chapters have you started it

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pumpkin Scissors Episode 24 Discussion

kawaiimisato - Aug 21, 2010

11 by DieJust4Fun »»
Mar 5, 2023 3:32 AM

Poll: » Pumpkin Scissors Episode 23 Discussion

ShanaFlame - May 30, 2009

7 by frequency15k »»
Jan 23, 2021 8:30 PM

Poll: » Pumpkin Scissors Episode 22 Discussion

2 by frequency15k »»
Jan 23, 2021 7:48 PM

Poll: » Pumpkin Scissors Episode 5 Discussion

4 by frequency15k »»
Jan 21, 2021 9:40 PM

» Any info about S2?

ShAd0w - Jan 7, 2016

2 by MeansToAnEnd »»
Apr 11, 2019 7:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.